Inversion-tables are actually designed to use gravity in order relieve some excess pressure on the…
What Are The Dangers Of Using Inversion Tables
Some people today seek-out for an inversion-therapy as way of helping them to get relived of any back-pain. In fact, inversion-therapy is used to apply pressure onto the spine whereby the patients lie down onto an inversion-table and then they are turned upside down. On the other hand, inversion-therapy offers many benefits which include improved blood-flow, improved posture and relief from back-pain but it has also got negative effects and dangers that need to be looked into before begin trying-out this therapy. So, below are some of the dangers associated with inversion-therapy and it very important for you to read and know them before you start this therapy.
THE DANGERS AND RISKS OF USING AN INVERSION-TABLE:
- It places pressure onto the eyes: inversion-therapy actually causes elevated pressure within someone’s eyes and this means that it will not be an appropriate therapy for people with glaucoma or retina detachments. In fact, people with such eye-conditions will experience increased pressure within their eyes and this will just intensify the eye-condition and even cause bleeding from the eyes for some patients. So, this implies that anyone with serious eye-conditions should not tryout an inversion therapy and if you happen to feel increased pressure within your eyes when doing an inversion-therapy then stop immediately.
- Increased pressure within the ears: the inversion-therapy process actually places someone in a position that can increase pressure the inner ear-section and this can actually lead to discomfort and increased ear-related health issues. So, if you have any ear-related problems, then it’s advisable not to for an inversion-therapy but instead try other ways of easing back-pain issues.
- It increases blood-pressure: when lying upside down on an inversion-table, your heart-rate will slow-down and this implies that your blood-pressure will increase a few minutes after. This will in turn make your heart move blood through your body at a force which is greater that what it used to. So, if you have high blood-pressure or hypertension then an inversion-therapy may be dangerous to your health and may even cause instant death. All in all, the effects on an inversion-therapy make it extremely dangerous for someone with a chronic heart-condition and it best for such a person to tryout other back-pain relieving medications.
- It causes muscle-pulls: lying down on inversion-table can also pose a risk of pulling your muscles hence leading to muscle-pulls. In fact, health-experts say that it’s very easy get a muscle-pull by overdoing an inversion-therapy and that’s why its recommended to do this therapy an appropriate period of time so that your don’t injure your muscles.
- It may worsen back-pain symptoms at times: incase an inversion-therapy is not done right then it could actually make back-pain worse. In fact, some therapists noted that an inversion-therapy can worsen back-problems, increase on hypertension and even cause headaches for some people. So, if you happen to feel anything unusual or when back-pain symptoms worsen when using an inversion-therapy, then it’s advisable to leave this therapy and try out other methods of relieving back-pain.
- It does not offer long-term effects: an inversion-therapy actually stretches your spine in order to increase the space between vertebrae and to relieve pressure on the spinal-nerves. however, this will only be a temporary relief from back-pain whereby you will feel a bit better when your upside-down but when your upright again, the spine go back to its original position like before and the back-pain will come back. In fact, there are proven studies indicating long-term effectiveness of an inversion-therapy.
- You can get injured if you don’t strap yourself well: in case you don’t strap yourself well when using an inversion-table, then you can easily fall-off this table and severe injuries especially when you stay inverted for too-long or when you invert the table too far from the recommended angle. So, make sure that you’re fully secured with straps before you start using an inversion-table at different angles.
- It may make some pre-existing health conditions worse: an inversion therapy can actually worsen your pervious health-conditions like it can increase on high blood-pressure, increase on the pressure within the eyes and inner ear-section. So, it’s not recommended to use an inversion-table in case you’re experiencing a serious heart-condition, osteoporosis, fracture, migraines or hernia.
- Inversion-therapy does not work for pregnant and overweight people: an inversion-therapy will not work for pregnant and overweight people since such people are more vulnerable to injuries. So, in all circumstances you should avoid using an inversion-table in case you’re pregnant or overweight. In fact, you should just consider trying-out other methods of healing back-pain for best results.
- It can cause pain in the knees and ankles: being inverted at a 90-degree angle can actually cause pain to your ankles and knees. In fact, most people find the 100-percent inversion aggressive and intense whereby they think that it’s not really necessary to be at a 90-degree angle in order to achieve the benefits of an inversion-therapy.
- It places extension forces onto the posterior-column of the spine: an inversion-therapy can actually place a lot of arching and extension-forces onto the sensitive posterior-column your spine and this is not good. So, it’s recommended to use an inversion-chair for people with sensitive low back-pains than using an inversion-table.
- An inversion-therapy can make you feel dizzy: lying on inversion-table at a higher degree too-soon can actually make you feel dizzy and even give you headache due to a sudden increase of blood into the head. Additionally, if you feel dizzy or when you’re suffering from vertigo, then you should consider using an inversion-therapy with caution and under supervision by a health-professional.
Note: ask for medical advice from a chiropractor or physiotherapist before buying an inversion-table. This will actually help you know whether your health-condition is good enough for you to start using an inversion-table. Lastly, do not attempt carrying-out an inversion-therapy in case you have a serious heart-disease, glaucoma, high-blood pressure, unhealed fractures, osteoporosis, implanted orthopedic-supports and any other serious chronic disease. This is because an inversion-therapy increases blood-pressure within your heart, head, eyes and ears.