Are you looking for the best electric toothbrush for receding gums, if the answer is…
5 Best Electric Toothbrushes 2019
”Basing on customer reviews and ratings posted on Amazon & Ebay – We have come to agree that Philips Sonicare DiamondClean HX9372/04 & Oral-B Genius Pro 8000 are the Best Electric Toothbrushes 2018.” – (Editors choice)
What We Like About Sonicare DiamondClean HX9372/04 & Oral-B Genius Pro 8000?
- Both models remove 100% more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- Both can clean teeth thoroughly – reaching all hard-to-brush areas
- Both come with free brush heads – so you won’t spend money on brush heads during your first months of using either models.
- Both Sonicare DiamondClean & OralB 8000 are ideal for sensitive gums & teeth. OralB uses a Pressure Sensor Technology to slow down the speed of the toothbrush once it gets to sensitive areas While Sonicare Diamond Clean features a Sensitive Mode which you can use when you get to sensitive areas.
- Both models are very easy to charge – they come with a charge stand.
- With both models, you will be in position to brush for the recommended time by Doctors (which is 2 minutes). OralB 8000 has a SmartRing which provides real-time visual coaching on brushing time While Sonicare DiamondClean uses both a Smart timer & Quadpacer to encourage you to brush for 2 minutes (the exact time recommended by doctors).
- Both Electric Toothbrushes are premium models – Top of the range in their categories. So if you always want to use top of the rage products, these 2 models are the right choice for you.
- Both are light weight and 100% water proof.
- Replaceable Toothbrush heads for both models are available on Amazon, Ebay and Walmart (so you don’t have to hunt for them once you need them)
5 Best Electric Toothbrushes 2019:
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING AN ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH?
In brief, let us go through a few things you should consider when selecting for the right model.
- Performance:- You can guarantee the performance of a power toothbrush by reading through verified customer reviews posted on various online stores. The other thing you can do is to read through its description and see if it is clinically proven by dentists. Premium models like; Oral-B Precision Black 8000 , and Philips Sonicare DiamondClean ” pulsate and rotate brushing heads to break up and remove almost 100% of plaque & dirt than regular / manual toothbrush. The shape and type of brush heads used will also determine the end- results. For example, Oral-B Black 8000 has a professional CrossAction round brush head which is designed for a tooth-by-tooth cleaning thus leaving no plaque or dirt behind – its CrissCross bristles are set at a 16 degrees angle so they can reach even the hardest parts and deep clean them. On the other hand, models like ”Philips Sonicare DiamondClean” features gentle brushing action which prevents gum recession yet at the same time remove more plaque than a manual toothbrush.
- Cleaning Modes:- This point is somehow related to performance but let me tackle it independently. A good electric toothbrush should have at least 5 cleaning modes. These will help you customize its performance and get great results. In this post I have featured some of the most rated brands but majority of them have 5 cleaning modes which include; Clean, White, Polish, Gum Care and Sensitive cleaning mode for people with very sensitive teeth. On the other hand, models like ”Oral-B 7000 SmartSeries” feature 6 cleaning modes and these include; Daily Clean, Gum Care, Sensitive, Whitening, Deep Clean, and Tongue Cleaner. The only new mode on Oral B 7000 is a Tongue Cleaner – it effectively cleans your tongue thus offer you with a good mouth breath. Many times people ignore cleaning there tongue while brushing and ignoring this part can cause serious bad breath.
- Timer:- By default, everyone should brush for 2 minutes. I know majority of you want to get white teeth in just one day but that is not possible. A premium electric toothbrush will transform yellow teeth to white in a period of 7 days. So don’t over brush. But how can you time yourself when brushing at the same time. Some people use clocks to time themselves but that process is not ideal for everyone. So I recommend buying a power toothbrush with a pulse timer. It should prompt you to changing brushing direction every after 30 seconds and switch of its self once the 2 minutes have elapsed.
- Pressure Sensor: – You should avoid using too much pressure when using an electric / manual toothbrush. However, the only challenge you might find when using a manual toothbrush is failure to know if you’re using too much pressure / not. On the other hand when it comes to premium models like; ”Oral-B PRO 1000” a pressure sensor will light up to alert you that the pressure being used is not necessary thus preventing over-brushing & at the same time prevent gum bleeding.
REVIEW OF THE BEST ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSHES IN 2019:
NOTE:- Products have been listed by brand, however, we have only two best models on this list; (1) Sonicare (2) Oral-b.
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean
DiamondClean is a rechargeable electric toothbrush crafted by the Philips Sonicare (world’s no.1 brand in making dental care products). Professional dentists recommend sonic toothbrushes because they perform well and treat sensitive gums gently hence prevent gum bleeding yet they remove 100% more plaque than ordinary / manual toothbrushes. When you use a manual toothbrush, it will not clean all areas so food will still remain in some hard-to-reach areas hence attract germs which end up digging holes and eating up your teeth and affect the gum which results into bad breath and endless bleeding even when you’re not brushing.
This DiamondClean electric toothbrush uses special brush heads and you have to change them after 2 – 4 months. You can use either HX6062/64 , HX6072/66 Diamond Clean Replacement Brush Heads. But the best way of saving money is to by a 2 – 4 pack of these heads. A 2 pack will cost you around 20 – 30 dollars and that can take you for 4 – 8 months. Please don’t share brush heads with your spouse of kids, I suggest each of you gets there own brush heads. It is okay to share DiamonClean but make sure you remove your brush head before giving DiamondClean to another person.
DiamondClean is rated as the best electric toothbrush by Philips, it out competes all other Sonicare toothbrushes because of its sleek design and 5 brushing modes. So far it has scored a customer rating of 9.7 / 10 which is a pretty good rating compared to the number of people who have tested this toothbrush. Men / Women with yellowish teeth, look no further, because DiamondClean will whiten your teeth in just 1 week and it will as well promote healthier gums in just 2 weeks. If you have sensitive / receding gums, opt for the Gum Care mode, this setting will command the toothbrush to massage and clean your gums gently without irritating them.
NOTE:- For better results, you have to brush for 2 minutes as recommended by the dentist. Always brush the surface, behind and top of your teeth. To avoid bad breath, brush your tongue very well and always use the right toothpaste.
- Makes 31,000 brush strokes per minute. (In 2 minutes it will have made 62,000 minutes guaranteeing you with clean, white, polished teeth.)
- Sweeping motion:- This feature pushes fluids deep into hard-to-reach areas on each stroke you make and this will ensure that plaque is thoroughly removed from your teeth. This will result into cleaner and healthier teeth & gums.
- 5 Cleaning modes to offer you with whiter & cleaner teeth. These include; (1) Clean mode which offers you with a standard 2-minute standard brushing experience, (2) White mode which deals with stains on your teeth caused by drinking coffee, tea, wine, and Strong drinks. These stains will be cleared in 30 seconds and your teeth will become brighter & polished. (3) Polish mode; I recommend using this mode after brushing your teeth very well with a Clean Mode. The Polish mode perfects the job, it gives your teeth a bright look hence improving on your smile. (4) Gum Care mode which deals with very sensitive gums. It gently cleans your gums and at the same time massages them; hence prevent gum bleeding. (5) Sensitive mode which is ideal for people with very sensitive teeth & gum.
- Smartimer and Quadpacer
Philips Sonicare HX6552/75 Easyclean Electric Toothbrush
If you’re looking for an electric toothbrush package for a couple then opt for Philips Sonicare HX6552/75 Easyclean Electric Toothbrush, 2 Handles. It is a great deal for money because you will spend less yet you will get more. The only disadvantage with DiamondClean (featured in position 1) is the high price. It is possible to share DiamondClean with your spouse of kids but each of them needs to have their own brush heads, but that is inconveniencing and the toothbrush will get damaged easily because it exchanges hands so many times. Philips Sonicare HX6552/75 EasyClean’s price has been slashed down and I’m sure it will be slashed more as time goes on.
The only part you have to buy is Philips Sonicare HX6053/64 Standard Ultra Soft Sensitive Brush Head. Opt for a 3 Count package
Not only is Philips Sonicare HX6552/75 Easyclean a good deal but it also performs very well. So far it has scored a customer rating of 9.9/10 (99% customer satisfaction)….wow. It’s rare to find a product with this rating at a good price. In most cases, it is the opposite (the product will be good but its price will be high). Many people have used Philips Sonicare HX6552/75 Easyclean Electric Toothbrush and they rate it highly because of its good performance. It is an effective and fast toothbrush. It also makes the same 31,000 rounds per minute like DiamondClean, but you can only charge it with a rechargeable base which is small and some users complain that the small charge base can’t support the toothbrush very well yet DiamondClean has 3 charging options, (1) Charging Glass. (2) USB travel case charger and (3) Wall plug-in charger.
- Its battery life is so good. Sonicare HX6552/75 Easyclean Electric Toothbrush charges fully within 1 hour and if you brush 2 times in a day for 2 minutes for each round, the battery will last for 3 weeks. Just imagine, 3 weeks of no interruption on a 1 hour charge. That is pretty cool and amazing.
- Good build quality: – EasyClean has a sleeker design just like that of DiamondClean, it’s 100% waterproof and it is very easy to clean. Comes with a travel case which you can use when traveling. In terms of design, I give DiamondClean 10/10 and EasyClean 9/10.
- Good for a couple / small family:- With a small investment , you will get two electric toothbrushes ready for use. Each comes with a free head brush and a charger base. If you want to save money, I’m sure this is the most affordable electric toothbrush on the market.
- 1 brushing mode (clean mode)
- 31,000 brush strokes per minute.
- Two-minute timer.
- Easy-start feature which gradually increases power over first 14 uses, thus makes it very easy to use for the first time. This feature makes EasyClean the best electric toothbrush for Beginners.
- Quad pacer interval timer.
- ProResults plaque control brush head featuring contoured bristles which remove plaque from hard-to-reach areas.
- Philips Sonicare HX6921/04 Flexcare Plus Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
What you see is what you get? …I guess you have come across that saying. To a certaiin extend I agree with it because our eyes play a big role in decision making. In the picture above we have Philips Sonicare HX6921/04 Flexcare Plus Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush, it is a very good electric brush. I have checked out its price but it’s almost has the same price as EasyClean featured in position 2. However this time you will be paying for only one electric toothbrush not 2 as it was with EasyClean. You can control this toothbrush with its big button found at the front, all you have to do is to tap the button 3 times and choose a favorable setting basing on the nature of your teeth.
UPGRADE:- According to Sonicare product chat, this FlexCare Plus has been upgraded to FlexCare Platinum, but what is funny is that FlexCare Platinum has only 3 brushing modes and these include (Clean mode, White Mode and Gum Care), yet FlesCare Plus has 5 brushing modes just like DiamondClean and these include (Clean, gum care, refresh, sensitive and massage mode). On the other hand, FlexCare Platinum does not have an illuminated display like FlexCare Plus and this confuses me because I would expect the platinum version to have more than a 2 InterCare brush heads. It seems I can’t solve the equation between these two models, let me move on with my review.
Sonicare toothbrushes are very easy to manage, you don’t need lots of part replacement. The only thing you need to replace is the head brush. This model uses Philips Sonicare HX9003/64 Intercare Standard Replacement Brush Heads.
When I compare HX6921/04 FlexCare with EasyClean toothbrush featured in position 2, I can see a very big difference in product design. The only reason I featured EasyClean in position 2 is because you get two electric toothbrushes at a small price. If it wasn’t that offer, FlexCare would have grabbed that position. But price and efficiency are essential factors I consider when ranking these products. Flexcare Plus has a digital interface (illuminated display) which clearly shows the product’s settings and it also has 5 brushing modes from which you can choose from. On the other hand, EasyClean features only 1 brushing mode and I see no display screen for showing product setting. If it was not rating & pricing, EasyClean deserves to be in Position 4 not 2 / 3 because Healthywhite seems to have a better design than EasyClean.
Getting back to performance, Philips Sonicare HX6921/04 Flexcare Plus has scored a customer rating of 9.8/10 (98% customer satisfaction)
- 5 brushing modes (Clean / GumCare / Refresh / Sensitive and massage mode)
- Patented sonic technology
- Illuminated display
- Quadpacer & two minute timer
- 3-week battery life
- Deluxe Charger
Philips Sonicare Hx6731/34 HealthyWhite Rechargeable Toothbrush
In terms of rating, Flexcare Plus shares the same customer rating with Sonicare HealthyWhite, but FlexCare white has more brushing modes than HealthyWhite and this gives FlexCare a good competitive edge. To put that aside, Healthycare seems to be good in its own way. It has only 3 essential brushing modes and these include; Clean mode, Sensitive Mode and Clean & White mode. The only modes it lucks are Gum Care, Refresh, Polish and massage mode which you will find in upgraded versions like FlexCare & DiamondClean. But if we break down the 3 essential brushing modes featured by Healthywhite, you will find that you might not need to upgrade to an expensive model like DiamondClean and FlexCare Plus.
Let’s brake down each brushing mode and see how relevant it can be to an ordinary user:
- Clean Mode:- This is a basic setting which enables you to brush for 2 minutes as recommended by the dentist. It will ensure that all sections of your teeth are clean. HealthyWhite removes up to 7x more plaque than an ordinary toothbrush. To my surprise, Flexcare Plus removes up 6 x more than a manual toothbrush. This means HealthWhite removes more plaque than Flexcare Plus.
- Sensitive:- If you have sensitive teeth or gum, you will use this setting. Once HealthyWhite is in a sensitive mode, the vibration will be minor and the speed will increase gradually to avoid gum irritation.
- Clean & white:- When you go to a dentists and ask them for a solution for yellowish teeth, they will recommend Sonicare electric-toothbrushes because most of them have this Clean & white setting which removes stubborn stains from your teeth; making them whiter and brighter in just 2 weeks.
BONUS:- When you buy Philips Sonicare Hx6731/34 HealthyWhite Rechargeable Toothbrush from a trusted store you will get a free packa of relevant tools, this pack will include; 1 DiamondClean brush head, 1 Philips Sonicare whitening pen and 1 Pronamel gentle whitening toothpaste.
The only part you have to buy is Philips Sonicare HX6053/64 Standard Ultra Soft Sensitive Brush Heads, 3 Count It is recommended to change brush heads every after 4 – 6 weeks, so having 3 brush heads will take you for a while.
- Quadpacer which works as a 30-second interval timer
- 3 Brushing modes (Clean, Sensitive, Clean & White)
- Charger base
- 1 ProResults
- Travel charger
- Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser Review *****
- Philips Sonicare Hx8211/02 Airfloss Rechargeable Electric Flosser Review
- Waterpik Aquarius Water Flosser (Wp-660c) Review
- Waterpik Cordless Professional Water Flosser (Wp-440w) Review
Philips Sonicare HX6311/02 Sonicare for Kids
Much as kids can use any of the above sonicare toothbrushes, something has been customized for them, so don’t bore them with a plain white electric toothbrush. Kids love colors and we all know that it’s difficult to make a child brush. For us adults, it is self explanatory to brush twice a day but kids have to learn everything and some experiences are not fun to them. When I was a kid, I was taught by my mother to brush two times a day and to use mouth wash after having a meal, this took me a while to enjoy and I have to admit that even after growing up, I don’t enjoy it but it’s a must I have to do it; otherwise I will lose my teeth / have a bad mouth smell. The other difficult thing is to train kids to brush correctly, if you give a kid a manual toothbrush, they will be done on 30 seconds, below the 2 minutes recommended by dentists. On the other hand, if you buy your child an electric tooth brush like Philips Sonicare HX6311/02, most of the work will be done for you. Why? Because it uses Quadrapace timer which makes a sound every after 30 seconds to remind a child to change brushing direction, after 2 minutes of brushing the toothbrush will stop and the kid will know that the all tusk is over.
Since this toothbrush is rechargeable, you don’t have to worry about replacing batteries, but the only part that needs replacement is a brush head. Sonicare advises you to replace brush heads every 3 months and the American Dental Association (ADA) recommends 3 – 4 months. For this particular model, I recommend Philips Sonicare HX6032/64 Sonicare for Kids Replacement Brush Heads, Ages 4-7, 2 Pack.
Very few of these kids’ electric toothbrushes are left in stock and the manufacturer has discontinued them so rush now and get one for your child before running out of stock. Philips Sonicare HX6311/02 has scored a customer rating of 9.6 / 10 (96% customer satisfaction). This electric toothbrush is appropriate for ages 4+. It features different power modes for specific age groups. For example; kids of age 4+ should use a low mode because at this age the teeth and gum are soft and sensitive, yet kids of age 7+ can use high mode. The ergonomic shape of this toothbrush makes it easy to hold, it enables parents and kids to brush together / on there own. It also has interchangeable panels which kids can use to customize the toothbrush.
- KidTimer which helps a child reach the recommended 2 minute brushing time.
- Rubber Overmold for protecting your children’s teeth.
- 2 power-modes (low & high)
- KidPacer which encourages kids to brush in all directions (front / back / upper and lower). This KidPacer makes fun sounds to alert a kid to change brushing direction. I relate this feature to a Quadrapace timer found on adult toothbrushes.
- Interchangeable panels which enable your child customize their own toothbrush handle. If it feels to long they can adjust it.
- Ergonomic handle
- Patented sonic technology
6. Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
When I was reviewing FlexCare Plus I told you that FlexCare Platinum was an upgrade of FlexCare Plus. However, I have been reading reviews on these two electric toothbrushes and the difference is quite small, actually if you own a FlexCare Plus, their is no reason for upgrading to Platinum, but if you really want to upgrade, opt for DiamondClean, that will feel like a real upgrade. According to sonicare product chart, you will get 9 personalized experiences with only 3 brushing modes. These include; Clean Mode, White Mode and Gum Care mode. But you will also get 3 extra settings and these include; (a) Low intensity which is good for people with sensitive teeth / gum, (it replaces the sensitive mode which this toothbrush lacks), (b) Medium intensity which is a normal setting, (c) High intensity which whitens & brightens your teeth. You should use high intensity level after verifying that your gums & teeth are not sensitive, or when they get used to the tool.
Since it is a rechargeable toothbrush, the only part that you need to buy is ”Philips Sonicare HX9003/64 Intercare Standard Replacement Brush Head. I’m not sure if brush heads for FlexCare Plus work on Platinum. Remember to change brush heads after 3 – 4 months. A 3 pack will take you for 9 – 10 months and that is a enough time compared to how much you spent on each brush head.
Simply imagine what would nine unique brushing options, advanced brush head technology, and an intuitive pressure sensor do if they got in contact with your teeth. I’m sure you have no idea, okay, let me make it simple for you, they will make your teeth whiter, cleaner and brighter. If you have stains / yellowish teeth, they will become white in just 2 weeks. This Platinum model makes the same 31,000 vibrations in a minute like FlexCare plus and it removes 7x more plaque than a manual toothbrush. So far it has scored a customer rating of 9.5 / 10 (95% customer satisfaction) but its price is a little bit higher than that of FlexCare Plus. Its charger base is wide enough, it can even support an extra brush head so you don’t have to worry about where to store that extra brush head. If you love sharing, you can use one electric toothbrush, but always use different brush heads and the only way of avoiding mixing them up is to store them in separate places / containers.
- Superior Plaque Removal
- Nine total brushing experiences: (Clean, White, Gum Care) and three intensity settings (Low, Medium, High)
- Patented sonic technology
- InterCare brush head
- Pressure sensor which alerts you when you’re brushing too hard hence prevent gum bleeding
- Good battery life ( Single charge lasts for 3 weeks)
- Quadpacer and Smartimer which helps you meet recommended brushing time
- Travel case
- Philips Sonicare Flexcare Platinum Connected Rechargeable Toothbrush Review
- Philips Sonicare HX9172/10 FlexCare Platinum Rechargeable Toothbrush with UV Sanitizer Review
- Philips Sonicare 3 Series Gum Health Sonic Electric Review
- Philips Sonicare 2 Series Plaque Control Sonic Electric (HX6211/30) Review
7. Philips Sonicare HX5610/30 Essence 5600 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
4400 customers can’t go wrong, a 9.5 / 10 rating might not be that huge but most products on this list have not been tested by many people so you might find that 100 of happy clients give a specific product 9/9 and it ends up topping the list. I’m sure this is the most affordable electric toothbrush on this list. It’s quite good that something with a low price can be of good quality because it’s always the opposite. Philips Sonicare HX5610/30 Essence 5600 is a rechargeable electric brush. It can be fully charged in just 1 hour and the battery lasts for 2 – 3 weeks. Both adults and kids can use Philips Sonicare HX5610/30 Essence 5600. This model comes in different colors from which you can choose from and these include; Dark blue, Green, Pink, Solid Pink, White, White & Blue, Purple. I’m sure one of these colors identifies with your style.
When it comes to this electric toothbrush, you will need to invest in brush heads, however, this model is quite different from other sonicare toothbrushes, it uses a special brush head called ”Philips Sonicare Toothbrush E Series Generic Replacement Heads Fits: Essence”. Philips Sonicare HX5610/30 Essence 5600 comes with a travel case and a charge base, so you don’t need to buy those 2 accessories.
I have checked out Sonicare’s product chat, it shows that Essence 5600 was their 3rd edition manufactured after Xtreme e3000. These two models use the same brush heads and they have the same design, however, Xtreme e3000 was not rechargeable I guess that is way Philips had to replace it with Essence 5600. Furthermore, Essence 5600 removes up to 2 x more plaque than a manual toothbrush. Since it is an old model, I will not compare it with premium models like FlexCare & DiamondClean which remove up to 7 x more plaque than a manual toothbrush. Essence 5600 uses sonic technology which vibrates at a speed of 31,000 rounds per minute. It is a basic electric toothbrush which can be used by anyone in the family (kids / adults). It uses an easy -to-start button which you cab press / tap once and start brushing your teeth. This is an old model of Philips Sonicare toothbrushes but it has scored a customer rating of 9.5/10.
- Patented sonic technology
- 2-minute smartimer
- charger base
- 1 contoured brush head
- Angled neck and contoured bristles
- Travel Case
Philips Sonicare Elite e7300 Power Toothbrush
In position 8 we have Philips Sonicare Elite e7300 Power Toothbrush, it is quite a unique electric toothbrush, its brush head is different from other sonicare toothbrushes featured on this list but it comes at a big price. Elite e7300 features a dual speed control system which you can use to control the functionality of the toothbrush. I can compare this to mode settings featured by other models, so don’t get confused by a dual speed control feature. This new Sonicare Elite is rechargeable (1 hour charge); once it is fully charged, you will be in position to use it for at least 3 weeks. If you have gum issues, you can use this newly improved sonicare toothbrush, it improves gum health by reversing gingivitis (Which is a form of gum disease that causes inflamed gums.)
The type of brush heads to be used on Elite -e7300 are different, you should buy Generic Sonicare Standard E-series Replacement Brush Heads. A pack contains 4 head brushes, I’m quite impressed by the price of these brush heads because according to their design.
It is time you take your oral health to the next level. I see no reason why you always suffer from gum disease and teeth problems when you can prevent them with this advanced electric toothbrush. In terms of price, it is quite expensive compared to other models featured on this list, but the end result will be good. Sonicare Elite 7300 uses patented sonic technology and a number of exclusive features to make your teeth clean and whiter yet at the same time make your gum healthier. This new sonicare toothbrush has managed to score a customer rating of 9.4 / 10, this proves that it offers the best results.
- Smartimer:- By default we have to brush for 2 minutes but it is not easy to time yourself unless when you use a timer which is a bit disturbing. So Philips integrated a Smartimer feature which shuts off the toothbrush once the two minutes are over. This will save you from over brushing.
- Recharge Gauge
- Dual Speed Control
All electric toothbrushes perform in a circular motion; the most premium ones like Sonic make 31,000 rounds per minute so in 2 minutes, the toothbrush will have made 62,000 rounds. Before using any of these toothbrushes, you have to charge them fully, it will take you between 1 – 1/2 hour to get a full charge and that will give you about 40 uses. The way you brush with a manual toothbrush is not the same way you brush with an electric toothbrush. Below I have featured a video created by Oral-B; follow instructions in this video and learn how to brush your teeth with an electric toothbrush.
Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep with Smart Guide Triaction 5000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
I don’t know why dentists recommend sonicare toothbrush because they work in the same way as Oral-B electric toothbrushes. May be I’m missing a point but lets go through these two best Oral-B electric toothbrushes and see what is unique about them and what they lack.
Let’s start with Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep with Smart Guide Triaction 5000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush; It has 5 brushing modes just like Sonicare DiamondClean toothbrush, it has a Led display to show you battery status and toothbrush setting. Its start-button is at the front which makes it easy to use and control just like sonicare. Oral-B brush heads seem to be more detailed but I’m not sure if they do well on sensitive gums. According to Oral-B, this is the #1 dentist recommended toothbrush brand, worldwide. And I have no doubt about that because it has almost the same features like Sonicare DiamondClean.
This model uses deep sweep head brushes which reach in all hard-to-reach areas. This is the kind of brush head you need to use if you have stains on your teeth because it will clear them in no minutes. The type of brush heads I recommend is ”3 ~ Braun Professional Deep Sweep ~ EB30-3”. Please remember to change brush heads after 3 – 4 months of usage. Since this pack has 3 brush heads, you will use it for 9 – 10 months which is a reasonable period of time. The type of toothpaste you should use will depend on the status of your teeth and gum.
Much as every dentist recommends Sonicare Toothbrushes, Oral-B’s are gaining popularity through word of mouth especially this model. I have looked at its customer rating on various stores. It has managed to score a rating of 9.5/10 (95% customer satisfaction), these figures (ratings) clearly indicate good performance . According to Oral-B; Deep Sweep combines both manual toothbrush motion & triple action deep cleaning technology to offer you the best results. If you have never experienced 3D teeth cleaning, it is time you use Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep with Smart Guide Triaction 5000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush. It removes 100% more plaque than an ordinary toothbrush and at the same time clears 76% more plaque than Sonicare.
- 5 customized cleaning modes. (Sensitive mode, Whitening mode, Deep Clean mode which offers extended teeth cleaning, Massage Mode which stimulates gums and a SmartGuide which works as an oral care coach.
- Daily Clean Mode with 3D Movement (sweeps back & forth)
- Indicator bristles ( I like this feature because the bristles will fade as a sign of replacing brush head, this happens every three months. At least this feature makes Oral-B better than Sonicare)
- Gum Care Pressure Sensor (which caters for sensitive gums. It cleans your gum without causing any irritation)
RELATED: Oral-B Precision Black 7000 Review
2. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush
This is the first toothbrush in the world to use Bluetooth communication technology. You can pair it with a smartphone and get real-time feedback on how you’re brushing. As an adult, you might not be interested in the real time data because you know what you’re doing, but this technology is very essential for kids who don’t know how to brush. So you can monitor them via a smartphone and help them brush better. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush will motivate you and your kids to brush, it will also show you when things are not done right. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries is clinically proven, its 3D cleaning system will ensure no plaque / dirt is left on your teeth.
The only part you have to replace on this electric toothbrush is a brush head and this has to be changed after 3 – 4 months, so if you have been scared of owning an electric toothbrush because of its maintenance, get confident and own one because it’s very easy to maintain. I recommend 20x Generic Oral B Dual Clean Compatible Replacement Brush Heads. In a year you can use 3 brush heads so I suggest you buy two packs and the other forth brush head you can use it next year.
If you have been using a different brand, it is time to change to Oral-B and discover the next generation of oral care. 5000 SmarSeries uses Bluetooth Technology which pairs the toothbrush with your smartphone hence help you monitor how you brush. This toothbrush can be used by both adults and kids but don’t give it to children below 3 years old. So far it has scored a customer rating of 9.2 / 10. The 3D cleaning action oscillates and removes 100% more plaque than regular / manual toothbrushes. It also uses a pressure sensor which lights up when you use too much pressure when brushing. This is a safety precaution feature; it prevents you from injuring your gum & teeth.
- CrossAction round brush head
- 3D cleaning
- 5 brushing modes (Gum Care Mode, Deep Clean Mode, Sensitive Mode, Whitening Mode and Visible Pressure Sensor)
- Led Display
- Bluetooth Technology (pairs with your smartphone / tablet)
- Pressure Sensor
- 2 minute timer which pulses every 30 seconds to alert you to change brushing direction.
- Oral-B Pro 500 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush Review
- Oral-B Pro 3000 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush Review
- Oral-B Professional Healthy Floss Action Precision 3500 Review
- 1 What We Like About Sonicare DiamondClean HX9372/04 & Oral-B Genius Pro 8000?
- 2 5 Best Electric Toothbrushes 2019:
- 3 WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING AN ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH?
- 4 REVIEW OF THE BEST ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSHES IN 2019:
- 5 Philips Sonicare DiamondClean
- 6 Philips Sonicare HX6552/75 Easyclean Electric Toothbrush
- 7 Philips Sonicare Hx6731/34 HealthyWhite Rechargeable Toothbrush
- 8 Philips Sonicare HX6311/02 Sonicare for Kids
- 9 6. Philips Sonicare HX9110/02 Flexcare Platinum Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- 10 7. Philips Sonicare HX5610/30 Essence 5600 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- 11 Philips Sonicare Elite e7300 Power Toothbrush
- 12 Oral-B Professional Deep Sweep with Smart Guide Triaction 5000 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
- 13 2. Oral-B Pro 5000 SmartSeries with Bluetooth Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush
- 14 Related Posts