5 Best Espresso Machines 2018-Detailed Reviews
Are you looking for an automatic , commercial or manual espresso machine, I have spent 100 of hours making research and I have compiled a full list of 10 best Espresso Machines on the market. Their prices range from $40 – $1000, However some of the best brands like Nespresso, Briville, De’Longhi, Mr. Coffee are well priced so each one of you will walk away with the right model no matter what your budget is.
A good Espresso machine will save you time and it will also save you from lining up in those long lines at coffee-shops.When shopping for an espresso machine for your home / work place / coffee shop – put a few factors into consideration and these include; Features, Water tank capacity, Brewing time (it should be first – your brew should be ready in less than a minute), Usability (the machine is supposed to be user friendly – you don’t have to read detailed manuals to prepare your first cup of coffee), Safe to use , Low energy consumption (so that the machine does not drain your pockets), Small foot print (choose a model with a small foot print – one which does not consume too much space)….Check out my lists of the Best Espresso Machines – 2018 .
5 BEST ESPRESSO MACHINES 2018
- Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker – Check Price on Amazon**********Best Super-Automatic Espresso Machines- Save both money and time by investing Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker – It features a high quality build-up and a small footprint so it can easily fit in any small space. It is suitable for home use & office use. In terms of capacity, Nespresso’s water tank can hold up to 24 ounces (0.7 Liters) – ”it is a small appliance fit for home use”..…..******FEATURES******Compact Brewing Unit Technology, Foldable drip tray, Programmable, one-touch buttons (Espresso & Lungo), Fast 25″ heat-up, Low Energy Consumption, Retro-modern design, Automatic power off, Power: 120 V,Power Save mode, Water Tank Capacity: 24 oz and a High pressure pump……..*****PROS*****Small footprint, Heats up very fast (thus making coffee very fast & quietly), Nice design, Makes good tasking hot espresso coffee….
- Capresso Ultima Pro Espresso Maker – Check Price on Amazon*****Another affordable espresso maker – I recommend this model to individuals who are addicted to coffee. It is a top of the line machine (well priced) – it makes amazing espresso & cappuccino. …..****FEATURES****15 bar pump (this one provides optimal pressure), Programmable cup sizes (1&2), Heavy-duty construction finished with polished stainless steel, illuminated icons, Large and Self-tamping porta-filter……..*****PROS*****Awesome design, very easy to use, Makes great mocha, Heats up very fast (you don’t have to wait for long to a good cup of coffee)
- Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine – Check Price on Amazon*******Barista Express has a sturdy & durable construction (looks better than all espresso machine featured on this list). Since its a strong machine, the No-Slip feet rubber at its bottom prevent it from sliding across the counter when the machine is active thus making it safe to use. It is housed in a stainless steel casing which is very attractive and durable…….******FEATURES****Conical burr grinder (thee stainless steel conical burrs extract flavor from coffee beans thus maximize the test of your espresso), Half-pound bean hopper, Grind size and grind amount selector (easily choose among grind settings form fine – coarse and at the same time adjust the amount of ground espresso poured into the filter basket), Filter size button, 54mm tamper, Hands-free grinding cradle, 54mm stainless steel porta-filter, 67 fl. oz. removable water tank, Volumetric control (choose between 1 / 2 cups), Espresso pressure gauge (this one monitors espresso extraction pressure), Thermocoil heating system, Clean me light (it will indicate when the appliance needs cleaning), 360-degree swivel action steam wand, Auto purge function and a Removable drip tray……….******PROS****Premium construction, Grind fineness, Best espresso machine money can buy, effective & efficient, makes tasty espresso & cappuccino, Comes with a Built-in grinder so you don’t have to buy a coffee grinder, Easy to use, Durable
****WORTH THE MONEY****
- De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker – Check Price on Amazon ****Best Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines ***If you’re searching for the most affordable & highly rated Espresso / Cappuccino maker ”Look no further than this” because De’Longhi EC155 has it all. It is well priced (Best espresso maker money can buy…..). From today; enjoy the best espresso / cappuccino made your way – ”NO MORE GUESS WORK” – …..*****FEATURES*****Swivel Jet Frothier (you can easily prepare cappuccino & latte using a swivel jet frothier), Patented Dual Function Filter Holder, Self-Priming Operation (enables you to get your coffee on-time), 1100 watts, Stainless Steel Boiler, Cup warmer……..*****PROS****Very easy to clean, Small foot print, Large water reservoir, Fast heat-up time, Makes great espresso with crema, AFFORDABLE
- Breville BES840XL the Infuser Espresso Machine – Available on Amazon****Top rated Infuser Espresso Machine -****Powered by 1600 watt thermocoil heating system and an Auto purge function which automatically adjusts water temperature for optimal espresso extraction temperature. This model is available in 3 various colors and these include; Black Sesame, Cranberry Red, Stainless Steel……..*****FEATURES****1600W thermocoil heating system, 61 fl. oz. (1.8 L) removable water tank, Dry puck feature (this one removes excess water from the ground coffee beans found in the filter basket thus making it easy to dispose off the coffee puck), Espresso press gauge (used to monitor espresso extraction pressure – in this case ”you will know if the espresso is over / under extracted), Volumetric control function, Dedicated outlet for instant hot water (Can be used to make hot chocolate, Americanos and warming of cups), Steam wand, Auto purge function (it adjusts water temperature which is used for extracting espresso & steaming milk), Removable drip tray ……..****PROS****Best for the BANG, Makes fantastic espresso drinks, Smaller footprint, Quieter pump, Less expensive than Barista Express, Instant hot water feature save you time…..Better Than Expenssive models
- What Is the Best Coffee Maker
- What Is The Best Milk Frother
- What Is The Best French Press
- What Is the Best Coffee Grinder
- What Is The Best Electric Kettle
- What Is The Best Bread Maker
- What Is The Best Waffle Maker
- What Is The Best Toaster
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING AN ESPRESSO MACHINE?
In order for me to select the best espresso makers for this year, I had to consider lots of factors. Let us go through these steps; by the time you finish reading them you will know how to make the right purchase decision.
- Features- The functionality of an espresso machine is determined by its features. Make sure you check all features on that machine before placing your order. Be sure that each feature listed / mentioned on the product is worth your money otherwise you might end up paying too much money for features you don’t need. On this list we have 2 great espresso machines and these include; KRUPS EA8442 Falcon Fully Automatic Espresso Machine and Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine. Both machines have unique features and they produce high quality espresso. For example, KRUPS EA8442 has a built-in conical burr grinder which grinds coffee beans up-to to the finest size to improve on the taste of your espresso. It also has an exclusive latte tray & an adjustable coffee outlet which accommodates different cup sizes (so no matter how big your mug is, it will fit in KRUPS EA8442’s tray). On the other hand, Breville BES870XL features a Purge Function which automatically adjusts water temperature after steam – for optimal espresso extraction temperature (this means your espresso / coffee will be served at an average temperature – not too hot – but just ready for drinking). Also its sealed bean hopper prevents coffee bean flavor from escaping to the atmosphere when grinding thus produce tasty, nice smelling coffee / espresso. All features mentioned in the example above are just hints on what you should look for. But always make sure the Burr grinder is very effective and no flavor should be lost during the grinding process. That is to why a machine with a built-in burr grinder is better.
- Easy To Clean: Choose a model whose parts can be removed/ cleaned and very easy to fix back because every time you use an espresso machine, it has to be well cleaned so that it gets ready for next usage. If you don’t do so, the taste of your coffee, espresso or cappuccino can change to the worst.
- Performance: Some espresso machines use Steam pressure yet others use Bar-Pump pressure to brew espresso. From this post I will quote two different machines using two different systems to brew coffee and these include: (1) KRUPS EA8442: – Uses a pressure pump ”controlled by a patented Thermoblock system which features a 15 bar high pressure pump. By default, Bar-pump machines feature more parts than steam based machines. I did some research online and I discovered that Bar pressure pump espresso machines perform better that steam pressure machines. This explains why most commercial graded espresso machines are bar pressure controlled. However, the only con with this kind of machine is ”PARTS” it has lots of them in that you can’t clean them all in a dishwasher. (2) Breville BES870XL:- Uses steam pressure to brew your espresso – but the taste of espresso produced by this model is quite different from that produced by RUPS EA8442. Real coffee drinkers pressure concentrated strong espresso and that can only be produced by a Pressure pump model like ”KRUPS EA8442 / KRUPS EA8250”
LIST OF THE BEST ESPRESSO MACHINES – 2018 SELECTION:
Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker ***Best Super-Automatic Espresso Machines ***
In position 1, we have Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker, it is voted as the best selling espresso maker on the market. Not only does it fit in your budget, but it also makes great espresso.This is the best model I can recommend to you. It has scored a customer rating of 9.4/10 (94% customer satisfaction) so don’t hesitate owning one. At least you will not re-great making that purchase decision.
In terms of design, Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker is slim in size and it is completed in two elegant colors; black & electric titan. I have also seen a brown version of this model but it costs more than 200. I see no reason why a change in color makes a big impact on price. I actually feel ashamed to quote the exact price of the brown version, it is quite insane.
BUILD QUALITY & UNIQUENESS: – If you have a very small kitchen, the last thing you need is a big espresso machine; it will fill up your kitchen counter and leave you with no space to cook from. In that case, all you need is a small well built coffee machine, one which takes a very small space but delivers the best espresso just like big premium machines do. Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker is slim and efficient, it has programmable buttons which you can use to set and program the machine, your brew will be ready in 25-30 seconds, so you don’t have to wait for more than 30 seconds to have a nice espresso cup. I also give it credit because of its folding drip tray; it can accommodate both large and small cups, so you don’t have to bend your cup to get served.
FUNCTIONALITY:- Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker has a 14-Ounce water tank, just enough to make espresso for 2 / 3 people.
- Well suited for very small kitchens with less counter space
- It heats up very fast, you can have a quick cup of coffee / espresso in less than 30 seconds
- Looks beautiful, it will add value to your small kitchen
- Delivers good and hot espresso with an excellent aroma
- Fold-able tray creates space for large cups
Related Post:- How To Make A Cup Of Coffee
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
As I was doing my research, I discovered that majority of review sites ranked Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine as the best espresso machine of all time. I will not disagree on that because it has been on the market for a while and it has managed to stay on top for a very long time. However, new models and brands are taking over the top position but there is one thing other brands have failed to do which Breville does; to build a high quality , strong and durable express espresso machine and sell it at an affordable price. When this model was 1st released on the market, it went for around 999 but now that price has been slashed down meaning that any one can afford it now. Since Amazon is always changing these product prices, the ones I have quoted in this article might be different from today’s figures, so make sure you check Amazon for the right figure.
Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine has a 15 bar Italian Pump and it uses 1600W Thermo coil heating system which guarantees you with a quick hot espresso cup.
QUALITY & UNIQUENESS:- As far as I know, there many features which make Breville BES870XL a unique espresso machine. Not only does it brew the best espresso but it’s also user friendly. I know it can take you a few days to master how to use it properly, but once you grasp the all concept and learn how each feature works, everything will become easy for you. Unlike other old models, Breville BES870XL has got an integrated grinder which is adjustable, so you can grind coffee beans to any size of your choice.
When it comes to making a delicious cup of caramel colored thick espresso, Breville BES870XL is the best machine for that.
This is what you can do; Set the coffee bean grinder to grind beans finer (same size as table salt). The finer the coffee beans, the better and thicker the espresso. After grinding with the internal grinder, you can tap the coffee onto the counter to check for unsettled grounds, if you find some big particles; grind them manually until everything is fine. Make sure your portafilter has no air space; prevent this by pressing the grounds. Put appropriate water in the tank and switch on the machine to get a great cup of espresso.
To me, it looks like an excellent machine, you might not do any part replacement for years, however, during your purchase, make sure you add steel Frothing pitcher on your purchase, the best one is ”EP-12 Stainless Steel Frothing Pitcher. May be another accessory you might need is ”RSVP Terry’s Tamper for Espresso” which you can use to grind coffee beans.
You can go from beans to a real espresso in under 1 minute. This can be done in the comfort of your home. You don’t need to grind coffee beans by your self, this can be done within the machine so that they don’t lose their flavor. You don’t have to go to a coffee shop to get a good cup of coffee / espresso. Simply do it by your-self while at home with Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine. This machine comes with 2 dual-wall pressurized filters that regulate pressure hence optimize on the extraction, this dual-wall is for non experienced baristas.
On the other hand, experienced baristas can use a single-wall which has no pressurized filters to get more room for experimenting different espresso making techniques. The availability of two different wall sections makes Breville BES870XL user friendly. It is good for beginners and experts.
Heated water is kept at an average temperature even after completing the brew process. This ensures that the espresso retains its full flavor and it’s ready to take at any given moment of the day. You will also like the cup warmer which is found at the top of the machine, you can use this feature to warm up your espresso cup.
- Integrated stainless steel conical burr grinder and half-pound bean hopper:
- Grind size and grind amount selector dials
- Filter size button
- 54mm tamper
- Hands-free grinding cradle
- 54mm stainless steel portafilter
- 67 fl. oz. removable water tank
- Volumetric control
- Espresso pressure gauge
- Thermocoil heating system
- Clean me light
- 360-degree swivel action steam wand
- Auto purge function
- Removable drip tray
3. De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker***(Best Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines)
De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker is among the best selling espresso machines on this list. It can also make both Espresso & a cup of cappuccino at once just like DeLonghi ESAM3300. The shape and size of De’Longhi EC155 is slim so it can fit very well on a small counter. Unfortunately, it comes it black only, so if grey / red is what you’re looking for, try other models featured above.
PRICE:- I guess this is the best deal anyone can get, De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker . I recommend this model to all beginners and college students who’re starting a new life. You don’t have to spend more than $100 to have a nice cup of cappuccino.
This is a semi-automatic espresso machine, you can use it to prepare latte / espresso and cappuccino using a swivel jet frother. You can brew espresso at a good temperature using 2 separate thermostats, this will separately control both water & steam pressure.
- Swivel jet frother (which makes it easy to prepare latte & cappuccino.
- Dual function filter holder (which makes espresso and cappuccino preparation quicker & easier)
- Self-priming operation (this eliminates annoying start-up preparation hence help you get coffee faster)
- Removable water tank (35 ounces)
4. Breville BES840XL the Infuser Espresso Machine
In position 4 we have another Breville Espresso Machine, this time we have ”BES840XL”, it somehow looks like BES870XL. This is an amazing espresso machine, once you get it, you will not feel like upgrading to any other model. At first it might seem hard to use, but after doing some practice, you will learn how each feature works. It is not too expensive yet it delivers the best results.
For some reason, BES840XL excels in these areas, I have reviewed different espresso machines but this one seems to do well in these areas:
- It has a small footprint, meaning it can fit very well on a small counter top.
- It delivers hotter espresso and I’m sure everyone would like their espresso to test hotter.
- The pump is quieter. I have to admit, it makes some little noise though, but it’s not too loud compared to other espresso machines.
- The drip tray is very easy to remove and clean
BES840XL features both automatic and manual features. For example, the temperature settings can be used to moderate espresso temperature. Other key features which make BES840XL unique is (a) the pre-infusion technology, (b)Thermocoil heating system – This 1600 watt system circulates water through a heated coil hence heating water on-instant. You will be in position to get a hot espresso cup in less than a minute. (c) PID temperature control system.
However, the only feature which lacks on BES840XL is an integrated grinder; you can only grind coffee beans from the outside using a special coffee grinder but this process can result into loss of flavor hence affecting the test of your espresso. BES870XL has got an integrated coffee bean grinder, so if you feel like this feature is relevant to you, you can opt for BES870XL instead of BES840XL. But other than that, I find BES840XL very nice and efficient.
- Removable water tank
- 1600watts thermocoil heating system
- 54mm stainless steel portafilter (it is removable as well)
- Dry puck feature which removes excess water from ground coffee beans hence guarantying you with the best espresso.
- Features an espresso pressure gauge which you can use to monitor espresso extraction pressure.
- Volumetric control system which helps you set the right shot volumes.
- A dedicated outlet for instant hot water.
- Steam wand
- Auto purge function
- Removable drip tray
RELATED:- How To Maintain An Espresso Machine
5. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
In position 5 we have DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica espresso machine, it is also an automatic machine just like SAECO HD8753/87. However, DeLonghi ESAM3300 is more affordable than SAECO HD8753/87. So if you’re into automatic espresso machines like me, opt for DeLonghi ESAM3300. It has a Direct-To-Brew system which grinds coffee beans instantly hence making your desired espresso cup in less than a minute. Its double boiler system can prepare both cappuccino & espresso at the same time, so you don’t have to wait. This feature makes DeLonghi ESAM3300 better than SAECO HD8753/87 (which is a single boiler). For some reason, these two competitors have the same customer rating, so if you always like to make two flavors at a go, DeLonghi ESAM3300 should be your best choice. Not only will you save money, but at the same time you will get more in just a short period of time.
After reading about this product’s specs and functionality, you will need to invest some little money (about $14 – $15) in an Espresso decalcifier. This model uses ”Durgol Swiss Espresso Decalcifier for All Brands High-End Espresso Machines.
If you’re a beginner, you will find it very easy to make a cup of cappuccino / espresso with DeLonghi ESAM3300. Why? Because of its easy-to-use rotary and push button control panel; Well marked Buttons are displayed on the control panel, hence making it easy to know the function of each button. If you like very hot espresso, you can set the system to a maximum temperature. After brewing your espresso, put two cups of the same size on the tray and fill them both with espresso / cappuccino by just pressing one button. I love this feature because it makes the machine efficient; both at brewing and delivering the espresso / cappuccino. You will also be in position to adjust grind fineness, the finer the grind, the better the espresso.
- Instant water heater
- Removable water tank and bean container (for easy cleaning and refilling)
- Adjustable coffee spigots hence allow different cup sizes.
- Cup tray
- Front control panel (it will help you adjust the strength of your coffee)
- Integrated Burr grinder (choose grinding level and size)
- Stainless steel removable double boiler (making it very easy to clean the boiler. They recommend regular cleaning – this way you will get better results)
- Unit extraction lever
- 1,150 watts
- Cappuccino system
- Decaling program
- Removable water container (capacity of water container is; 60 ounces – 1.8 liters)
Related:- How To Make Coffee With A Coffee Press
6. Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine
In position 6, we have Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine. It is listed as the best selling steam espresso machine on Amazon & Ebay. I think one of the reasons why it has been bought by many people is because of its low price. However, you should not expect too much from Mr. Coffee ECM160, it will give you the best results but you will need to be patient and considerate.
- Affordable, at least I will give it a credit for being affordable.
- Its frother is strong enough and the plastic tip is removable.
- Quite machine ( I can’t say it’s totally quiet, but it does not make that scary noise)
SAVE MONEY: – If you’re a regular espresso drinker, consuming at least 2 espresso cups a day. In total you will have spent $200 at Starbucks by the end of this month. Now, that is a lot of money, you can at least save $80 if you own your own coffee making machine. And it does not have to be expensive, try out Mr.Coffee and see how it performs. By default it makes 4 cups of espresso / coffee, that is enough for a regular consumer.
- Steam operated
- Uses a glass carafe which serves up to 4 cups
- Removable drip catcher (it’s washable)
HOW TO USE AN ESPRESSO MACHINE?
An espresso machine is made of so many features but you need to know how each of these features works. Here are some features / elements you need to know about;
- Portafilter: This is a section where your espresso grounds should go to be brewed. A portafilter consist a handle, a spigot and a brew basket. (b) Grouphead:- Now this is where the portafilter gets secured to brew your coffee. Premium espresso machines feature more than one grouphead. (c) Other parts include: Steam wand / hot water spigot / shot buttons, warming rack and a pressure & temperature dial.
- Grind Your coffee beans:- You should do this before jumping to that machine, make sure coffee beans are fully grounded. Fine grounded coffee makes the best espresso cup. You can grind it using local means or buy a coffee grinder.
- Dose:- You have to know the right amount of coffee to be used. Why? – Because a perfect volume will make the best coffee cup. Experts advise you to opt for 18 – 21 grams of ground coffee. If you add more shots, your coffee will become thicker and strong.
7. La Pavoni EPC-8 Europiccola 8-Cup Lever Style Espresso Machine.
The name of this manual espresso machine sounds Italian. It looks so different and unique. At first I was wondering how it makes the espresso, because I could not see the water tank, but the tank has been designed like a steel tube. I recommend La Pavoni EPC-8 Europiccola to people with small kitchens because it takes up a very small area. Also people who want to do things manually (get involved in the process of making espresso) this is what you need. Much as it looks to be small, it can make 8 cups of espresso in less than a minute, so even people with medium sized families of about 3 – 6 people can use this machine.
BUILD QUALITY:- La Pavoni EPC-8 Europiccola 8-Cup Lever Style Espresso Machine is durable and classic, it features a traditional style which reminds you of the first INVENTED espresso machine. It is all-steel with heavy chrome plating which makes it durable and long lasting.
Since it is a manual espresso machine, you will need a few accessories to get the best results. For example, to grind your coffee beans, you need to use a strong & efficient grinder like ”Barista Espresso Tamper 51mm Base Coffee Bean Press” it is a stainless steel tamper . You will also need to buy a Frothing Picther, and that is all you need to get the right espresso coffee.
I think I have figured out how this La Pavoni EPC-8 Europiccola espresso machine works. It is a steam pressure and piston operated machine…wow, this reminds me of those steam operated trains. Its internal thermostats keeps on monitoring water pressure hence making the best hot espresso. Unlike other machines, La Pavoni EPC-8 makes one / two cups at a time, but it also has an automatic milk foamer, a measuring spoon which you can use to measure coffee and a stainless steel filter baskets which filters grounded coffee.
According to its design, you might think it uses pressure gauge…(WRONG)…it uses an escape valve to regulate pressure, so the presence of the a pressure gauge will not affect the performance of the machine. All you have to do is to let it heat up very well and everything will be okay.
- It is small in size so it takes up very little space which makes it ideal for small kitchens.
- Uses a manual lever – so you will be in control of the machine. It gives you the chance to enjoy the espresso making process.
- It has a solid construction which makes it durable
- The chrome finish gives it a classic & smooth look
- It is very easy to clean the drip tray
- Has a visible water level
- Heats up so fast ( a full tank will hit up in just 5 minutes)
- You can easily screw-off levers and other parts yet at the same time put them back together easily.
Since it is steam & piston operated, you have to wait for it to cool down before refilling the water tank; otherwise, steam will blow your face.
- Removable drip tray
- Steam and Piston operated
- Makes 8 espresso cups
- Internal thermostat which monitors brewing temperature
- Removable water tank (20-ounce capacity)
- 1000 watts / 110 Volts
8. KRUPS EA8442 Falcon Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
This is a revolutionary compact thermo clock system with a very powerful 15 bar pressure pump. It can be used to make cups of espresso and ristretto, but still it can make good cups of cappuccino, hot chocolates, latte and so much more. The ability to make more than one flavor makes it a versatile machine and worth your money. At a glance it might look like a complicated machine, but its digital touch screen makes it very easy to operate / set the machine.
Before making that espresso cup, you have to grind those coffee beans very well. KRUMPS EA8442 has a metallic conical burr grinder which features a manual knob which you can use to grind coffee beans. However, this manual knob is adjustable, so you can select the right grind size.
CUPS:- It does not matter how big or tall your coffee cup is, KRUMPS EA8442 has an exclusive latte tray and an adjustable coffee outlet to handle different cup sizes. This is a nice feature because you don’t have to bend your cup to get espresso.
USABILITY:- Many of you are used to manual espresso machines, but it is time to upgrade to an automated one. Fact is that you will save more time and your espresso will be as fine as that sold at a coffee-shop. KRUMPS EA8442’s color touch screen makes it very easy to use / set the machine. For example, you can choose the strength & size of your espresso with just one touch. If you want to make more than one cup, the control panel has an option for that and all other essential settings. KRUMPS EA8442 Falcon Fully automatic espresso machine will offer you with real hot water (which you can use to make a great cup of tea) and at the same time enable you make a delicious gourmet milk-based espresso drink.
SETUP:- At first the machine looks very complicated to assemble because its bulky and it comes with lots of accessories. So as a beginner you might get confused, but it also comes with an assembling manual (the one you don’t want to read, but you should if you want the job to get done quickly). Some of the accessories you will find in the box include; decal tablets, water filter wrench tool, water testing strip and a steamer jet cleaner. Good news is that very little assembly is required. You might have some difficulty installing the filter, but once that is done, the rest is easy to fix. After turning on the machine, its small touch screen guides you through the set-up process; one stage at a time. You will also see animated images with text to help you set-up the machine fully. It is a simple process; you might be done in a few minutes.
Since the machine has its own coffee bean grinder, you might not need to buy one. However, you might need to buy n water filtration cartridge for KRUPS. I recommend ”KRUPS F088 Water Filtration Cartridge for KRUPS”, ….But before I go to another chapter of this review, I want to remind you to clean this machine every time you finish using it, this will keep it efficient. I have seen some cleaning tablets and KRUMPS liquid cleaners on Amazon
MAKING THE COFFEE:– By default, the machine can make 3 types of coffee. All these are espresso variants but you can choose or control the flavor of your coffee using two features. (1) you can use a knob in the hopper to set the grinder coarseness / (2) determine coffee strength using a touch screen. Mastering these two options can give you the best coffee taste.
Caution: Coffee / espresso produced by this machine will spoil you. If you have been taking 1-2 espresso cups in the past, you might find your self consuming 5 – 10 cups. Remember too much coffee is harmful to your health.
- Compact Thermoblock system with a powerful 15-bar high pressure pump
- Color touch screen for easy selection of drinks
- 2-hour keep warm with count up timer
- Metallic conical burr grinder with manual knob to adjust coffee grind size
- Latte tray and adjustable coffee outlet to accommodate different cup sizes
- Pause and serve feature to allow you have a quick cup of coffee as the machine brews
- Removable filter holder
- 1050 watts
- Dimension (15 x 11.3 x 19 inches ; 17 pound)
9. SAECO HD8753/87 Philips Intellia Cappuccino Fully Automatic Espresso Machine.
In position 9, we have another unique model called ”SAECO HD8753/87 Philips Intellia Cappuccino Fully Automatic Espresso Machine”, its shape is quite unique and it also comes with a milk carafe. One thing you have to note is that SAECO HD8753/87 is a fully automated espresso machine, it is ideal for people who have no time and don’t want to get so involved in the espresso making process. Good news is that much as the machine is fully automated, it delivers the best espresso, every thing has been made simple, you can control the all system with a single button push, it has an internal coffee bean grinder which protects your coffee’s flavor and hence give you the best cup of espresso.
PRICE:- I have noticed one common thing among automatic espresso machines, they all come at a big price, if you’re lucky enough; you might get one at $800, but majority of them go for $1000 and that seems pretty high to me. A few individuals can afford that price tag, but SAECO HD8753/87 is worth that price tag. The only thing you have to be worried about is yourself because you will get addicted to the nice espresso produced by this machine, since most the work is done for you.
May be the only thing you need to buy with this automatic espresso machine is a maintenance kit ”Saeco CA6706/48 Espresso Machine Maintenance Kit”, this kit contains 2 bottles of Descaler, 2 Intenza water filters, lubricating grease, o-ring gaskets and a cleaning brush. It is ideal to maintain and keep your espresso machine in good shape, this way it will last for long and it will keep on giving you the best results.
With just one touch, you will have a cup of espresso ready for drinking. You don’t have to bother yourself grinding coffee beans and measuring water. Everything can be controlled via the control panel, for example; you can set how many cups it should make, adjust coffee strength and temperature and let SAECO HD8753/87 perform its job. It is a single boiler system with rapid steam capabilities. The area where coffee beans go has a glass top so you can know when to add more coffee beans and this glass top keeps the all flavor of the coffee on the inside so your espresso will smell good. SAECO HD8753/87 is shorter compared to other coffee machines, so any short person can easily add beans / water without struggling with height.
10. Rancilio HSD-SILVIA Silvia Espresso Machine
In position 10 we have Rancilio HSD-SILVIA Silvia Espresso Machine. I was impressed by this machine’s looks. It is a none-auto espresso machine (manual), featuring an ergonomic porta filter handle just like that on Rancilio commercial espresso machines. It’s classic liner design and chrome finish will match with your kitchen’s decor and it will also add on its beauty. Since its manual esp, you will enjoy each step of making espresso. The box in which Rancilio HSD-SILVIA is packed comes with other accessories and these include: a tamper, a drain pan, under overflow pan, a water container & its cover, a coffee basket which handles coffee beans, 2 coffee grind interior cups and a big cup for double shots. You can control total numbers of cups to be made, temperature and steam via the front control panel.
NOTE: – All most all parts on this machine are semi-commercial / fully commercial. Anyone who has ever used a commercial espresso machine will find it very easy to use Rancilio HSD-SILVIA.
RELATED:- How To Set The Espresso Grind Setting
This marks the end of this detailed review of the Best Espresso Machines – 2018 , I will revise this post as time goes on.
- 1 5 BEST ESPRESSO MACHINES 2018
- 2 WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING AN ESPRESSO MACHINE?
- 3 LIST OF THE BEST ESPRESSO MACHINES – 2018 SELECTION:
- 4 Nespresso Pixie Espresso Maker ***Best Super-Automatic Espresso Machines ***
- 5 Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine
- 6 3. De’Longhi EC155 15 BAR Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Maker***(Best Semi-Automatic Espresso Machines)
- 7 4. Breville BES840XL the Infuser Espresso Machine
- 8 5. DeLonghi ESAM3300 Magnifica Super-Automatic Espresso/Coffee Machine
- 9 6. Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine
- 10 7. La Pavoni EPC-8 Europiccola 8-Cup Lever Style Espresso Machine.
- 11 8. KRUPS EA8442 Falcon Fully Automatic Espresso Machine
- 12 9. SAECO HD8753/87 Philips Intellia Cappuccino Fully Automatic Espresso Machine.
- 13 10. Rancilio HSD-SILVIA Silvia Espresso Machine