5 Best Hair Dryers 2019 – (Blow It Like A Pro)
You will find different models and styles of hair dryers on the market but it might become difficult for you to choose the best model. Some brands / models might cost and arm and a leg while others are well priced. According to my research – I discovered that even low-priced models can do a great job. So don’t get carried away by highly priced models. On this list I have featured different top Performing brands – all tested by different women. All featured models can work on all types of hairstyles – be it Curly, Straight. Thick, Fine, Frizzy or Wavy hair: Briefly, let’s go through a quick list of our ”TOP 6 CONTENDERS FOR THIS YEAR”
5 Best Hair Dryers 2019
- xtava Allure 2200W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer – Check Price on Amazon***********Best Professional Blow Dryer*****Bring the saloon close to your home with this 2200 Watt Powerful and affordable blow dryer.******FEATURES*****2 Speed & 3 Heat settings, 2200 Watts Motor, Lightweight frame, Concentrator Nozzle (it directs condensed air flow to targeted areas), Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Technology will dry your hair 80 times faster than any other hair dryer, Cold shot button will lock in your style……****PROS****Good design, Will leave your hair smooth & frizz free, Efficient & Fast, Very Affordable…
- Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 2000 Watt Ionic Nano Titanium Hair Dryer – Check Price on Amazon******FEATURES****2000 Watt motor (heavy duty performance), Lightweight, Ergonomic handle, 6 Heat & Speed Settings, Cool Shot button, Concetrator nozzle (this provides you with a wide range of styling options), Removable filter……****PROS***Looks great, Powerful, Performs as expected, Easy to clean filter – its removable It’s lightweight and powerful. Works on all types of hair. Very easy to clean (Recommended by most Hairstylist and used in most hair saloons)
- Rusk W8less Professional Lightweight Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer – Check Price on Amazon*****FEATURES*****7 Heat & Speed Settings ,Cold Shot Button,Long power Cord (8 feet), Ceramic and Tourmaline Infused Grill, Uses far-infrared heat to dry your hair, Removable Rear Filter, Emits Lots of Negative Ions, Concentrator Nozzle……****PROS****Lightweight, Excellent Performance, Dries up hair very fast, Leaves your hair smooth & frizzy free, Great on curly hair
- Conair 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer – Check Price on Amazon – ******Affordable and excellent – it performs like premium models...******FEATURES****Tourmaline ceramic technology which protects your hair from heat damage, ionic technology which prevents your hair from frizzing, High-torque DC motor which dries your hair faster, Hinged filter (very easy to clean), No-Slip Grip for easy handling, Diffuser (this one can be used to define natural curls & waves), Hang Ring, Cool Shot Button, 1875 Watts…….****PROS****Affordable, Good weight, Comes with all necessary attachments, Easy to clean (the filter can easily be removed & cleaned), 3 Heat settings & Blower settings give you more styling options…..DURABLE
- Remington AC2015 T – Studio Salon Collection Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer – Check Price on Amazon*****FEATURES*****1875 watt AC motor, ionic technology, 3 heat & 2 Speed settings, Pearl technology and Ionic Conditioning (this one provides you with the smoothest finish), Concentrator, Diffuser, 4-year warranty……*****PROS****Good performance, Affordable
- Revlon RV544PKF 1875W Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Dryer – Check Price on Amazon*****FEATURES*****1875 Watts, Triple backed ceramic (distributes heat evenly), 2 Speed & Heat Settings, Cold Shot button (this one releases cool air to lock in any type of hairstyle), Concentrator, Figure Diffuser Attachment, Anti-skid bumpers, ion indicator light…….*****PROS****Super quiet performance, Fast drying, Lightweight
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A HAIR DRYER?
A hair dryer is a styling tool which can be used to dry moist hair for easy styling. Both Women and Men can use these hair styling tools and good models come with extra accessories which you can use to make various hairstyles. Since most of them use power – I advise you to opt for a model which consumes less power – at least this will reduce on your monthly bill.
Before spending any penny – it is advisable you get all the basics on buying a new hair dryer for your hair type. I know we have lots of good models out there on the market – but having a few basics on your finger tips will help you make the right purchase decision.
- Your Hair Needs:- We all have different hair types so our needs will highly depend on the hair types we have. Hair types vary from fine – thick – frizzy. On the other hand also the length of your hair might play a big role when choosing the right hair dryer for yourself. Long hair takes longer to dry yet short hair dries up very fast. On the other hand you should not forget about the hairstyle you want to have because not every hair dryer is suitable for that hairstyle – I will dig deep into this point when I start reviewing each model featured on this list. (At least I will tell you which model is right for a particular hairstyle, length & type).
- Budget:-I know it might seem wired to some but not everyone can afford something expensive. Much as highly priced models may have extra features and might perform faster than low priced models – you have to know what you can afford and what your needs are. Performance is a very crucial factor when choosing the right hair dryer but how much are you willing to pay for a particular model. Yes – the most expensive ones ”above $100” might perform better than those priced ”below $50” – but the fact remains that you will end up with the same results. Truth is that – time might vary but if your wallet can’t stretch – go for what you can afford. The only magic is to know its limits.
WHY YOU MIGHT NEED AN EXPENSIVE MODEL? It can go an extra mile – you don’t have to worry about performance or time – most of these models can work on almost all hair types and they can be used to archive any kind of hairstyle and they don’t burn hair. In most cases, low priced models release lots of heat and this is not good to your hair.
- Customer Reviews: In my opinion – this is the most important thing that everyone should note down. WHY? Because no one ”Including me” will give you the right information about the performance of that hairdryer except the end user who has used it more than once. Online marketplaces like AMAZON give users the opportunity to write reviews on products they have used. At the same time you can have the opportunity to ask the manufacture / vendor of that product questions about the product before spending your hard earned cash. Always read both positive & negative customer reviews. Models like ”Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 / Rusk W8less” have good customer reviews & ratings but I have also found some negative reviews about them (since no product on this planet is 100% perfect) going through negative reviews will give you a clear picture of what to expect from a particular model / hair dryer.
- Features & Functionality:The more features and functionality that hair dryer has – the better. Below I have listed some of the most important features that you’re supposed to look-out-for. According to my research, even the least priced models have 3 / 4 of these features:
- Ionic technology: You might not find it in all hair dryers because it’s a new technology; but if you spot a model with this kind of technology – don’t think any further, it’s the rightful model. The benefits of Ionic technology are abundant. Hair dryers which use Ionic technology emit negative ions when drying your hair thus shortening the drying time and at the same time make your hair smooth & shiny.
- ceramic: – It does not matter which hair type you have – this feature suits all hair types. It will make your hair shiny yet at the same time prevent it from getting damaged by heat.
- tourmaline: – This goes hand-in-hand with Ionic Technology. It increases on the effectiveness & performance the Ionic technology and at the same time it improves on the smoothness of your hair.
- cool shot button: – Not all hair dryers have this feature – but new models come with a Cool Shot Button. It is a very simple feature – it’s used to shoot cold air into your hair thus protecting it from getting damaged by heat which is produced that hair dryer. This cold air also helps in setting up your hairstyle and at the same time keeps your hair smooth & shinny.
- heat settings:- By default all hair dryers have this feature. It does not matter whether the model is premium or not – it is a must have feature. You can easily control the heat released by the dryer basing on the type of hair you have. Premium models have multiple heat settings from which you can choose from. Ladies with thin hair should always opt for a low setting because thin hair can’t stand too much heat. On the other hand, those with thick hair can opt for a higher setting because this type of hair can deal with heat very well (but not excessive heat….).
- speed Settings: – You can use this feature to determine how fast the hair dryer blows out air. You can choose speed setting basing on your hair type.
HAIR DRYERS REVIEWS – 2019
- Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 2000 Watt Ionic Nano Titanium Hair Dryer ****Best for your money****
- Heavy duty performance – 2000 watt
- 6 heat and speed settings
- Cool shot button
- Concentrator nozzle which you can use to make various hairstyles.
- Removable filter which makes it very easy to clean the dryer.
Get more with less – Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 uses 2000 watts ”quite enough to dry your hair in a few minutes. Your hair will remain shiny after drying because it uses an Ionic Technology which ensures that your hair is left dry but not damaged / frizzy. Its ergonomic handle is very easy to hold. Its build quality is good and it works just like any other premium hair dryer.
NOTE:- Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 is not a cordless hairdryer – it has to be plugged into power for it to work.
Not all products perform as advertised by the manufacture but Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 seems to do just that. What they say in the commercials is what it exactly does. It is by far the best hair dryer on the market (recommended by most hair stylist and it is widely used in most saloons.) Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 works very well on dry & fine hair. It is very fast and efficient. If you leave in a very humid country; this is the best model I can suggest to you. It will leave your hair dry without getting frizzy. Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 has a Cool Shot Button which you can use to blow cool air into your hair to prevent it from getting damaged by the heat produced by the blower. In my opinion – it is the best blow dryer ever….It is very very very light, affordable and absolutely fast.
- Dries hair very fast:- I’m sure you don’t want to waste too much time getting your hair dry. Majority of you wash your hair every morning before going to work – using a very fast & efficient hair dryer is ideal for you. Choose from 3 heat settings basing on the type of hair you have. It has an integrated Ionic Technology which emits negative ions when drying hair – this shortens on the drying time.
- Affordable: No need of stretching your wallet. Get more with less.
- Leaves your hair smooth with no frizz / damage: Both the Cool Shot Button and Ionic Technology prevent your hair from getting frizzy and at the same time protect it from getting damaged by heat produced by the dryer.
- Powerful enough (2000 watt):- Power determines both speed and efficiency and I’m sure that is what you’re looking for. Other competitors like Conair stop at 1875 watt though a model like Allure Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair dryer goes up to 2200 Watt (but Allure costs and arm and a leg). Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 is both powerful and affordable.
- Uses Ionic technology which leaves your hair smooth / shiny and dry.
- Light weight – anyone can hold it above their heads. This makes it user friendly
- Excellent performance on all hair types (Thick, Fine, Curly, Wavy).
- Very easy to maneuver:- This is due to its ergonomic shape and light weight body. You can easily turn it in any direction.
- Comes with 6 different heat and speed settings from which you can choose from (basing on the type of hair you have). Settings you can choose from include; High / Medium & Low. High setting is good for very thick long hair, Medium is suitable on normal hair and Low is suitable for fine / thin hair.
- Very easy to use. All buttons are well positioned ” so you won’t accidentally turn it off when in use”.
- Small nozzle attachment – It sits at the end of the dryer and it does not fit very well. It can pop off when air blows too fast. However, this is a minor thing – I’m sure you can all deal with it.
- Xtava Rimini 1800w Iconic Hair Dryer Blue With Diffuser Review
- Allure 2200W Professional Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer
- Panasonic Nano-E Nano Care Hair Dryer Eh-Na95-Rp Review
- Professional Ionic Tourmaline Ceramic 2100 Watt Review
- Babyliss Pro Babfrv2 Volare Ferrari Designed Professional Luxury Mid Sized Hair Dryer Review
- Rusk W8less Professional Lightweight Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer
- 2000 Watt motor integrated with ion generator
- Ceramic Grill which is infused with tourmaline
- 7 Heat & Speed settings (more than those of Babyliss Pro BABNT5548)
- 8 Feet Power Cord (long enough)
- 1 Concentrator Nozzle
In position 2 we have Rusk W8less Professional Lightweight Ceramic Tourmaline Hair Dryer – It also has 2000 watt just like Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 featured in position 1. Rusk W8less works very well on fine or fragile hair – you can choose from 7 heat & speed settings to customize its performance. You will get a smooth & shiny finish every time you use Rusk W8less. Easily dry your hair by tossing the dryer in your hair – no need of using a brush – your hair won’t frizz or brake.
Rusk W8less is a professional hair dryer, however, before using it – Shampoo & condition your hair so that it becomes soft and clean. After that – wash out the shampoo and remove excess moisture with a towel. Part your hair into various sections for easy blowing. Plug the dryer into power and choose the right heat & speed setting. Work on one section at a time. If you want to create a huge volume of hair with this hair dryer – simply bend the head of the dryer upside down while drying your hair. Once this is done, air will flow towards the roots and lift up underlying hairs. On the other hand if you want to straighten your hair using this dryer – repeat the same process of conditioning, removing excess moisture and separating it into sections. For better results, you have to use a large round brush, a paddle brush or a styling brush. The Ceramic grill will ensure your hair is protected from excessive heat produced by the hair dryer and at the same time leave it shiny and smooth. On the other hand – the Ceramic grill is infused with tourmaline which increases on the performance and efficiency of the dryer – so your hair will dry in a very short period of time.
- Powerful just like Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 – It uses 2000 watt (this means your hair will dry up very fast).
- Does not damage or make your hair frizzy. Why? Because it has a Ceramic grill which is infused with tourmaline – this prevents the 2000 watt hair dryer from damaging your hair with excessive heat. Your hair will be left shinny, dry and smooth.
- Lightweight and rubberized so it won’t slip off your hands – even when they’re wet. You can flip it into any direction without getting tired.
- Cold shot feature will always protect your hair from excessive heat produced by the dryer. When you press a Cool Shot Button – it shoots cold air into your hair thus protect it from getting damaged by heat.
- Works on all hair types – you can choose from 7 heat & speed settings to get good results. Settings include Warn, Cool, Hot, Low, off and High.
- Durable and it does not lose suction. You can use it for as many years as you want.
- Long power cord (8 feet) – you can use it freely without getting any interruption.
- Affordable – It is an ideal model for ladies searching for a high end model at a low price.
- Very easy to clean:- In most cases, hair products and dust build up in the screen filter and this can affect the performance of the hair dryer. Always keep that screen filter clean to keep both the motor & unit in good condition. This can be done by removing the filter – wash it well and let it dry very well before fixing it back on the unit.
- Works on all hair types. Simply select from 7 heat & speed settings and get desired results. It does not matter whether you have long / very thick hair – Rusk will sort you out in a few minutes and its very light so you can hold it freely.
- Quiet and fast:- I hate noisy hair dryers ”My wife has one and I think I have to surprise her with an upgrade because I can’t stand the noise”. Ladies who have used this product report that its very quiet, fast and effective.
- Works just as perfect as expensive models:- I know majority of you are carried away by High price. Sometimes highly priced products don’t perform as expected. It will dry your hair in a very short time, keep it cool, shinny and smooth. It does not boil / burn / damage hair.
- Attachment gets off very easily
- Its motor is not as durable as that of Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 – most ladies have reported that the motor blew up in a period of 2 – 3 months.
- Cord has no loop for hanging it. – But it is thick and long enough.
- It will give you smooth & shiny hair without using a straighter. Basically when you buy it – you will have saved lots of cash. You don’t need a straighter….
- Conair 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer
- Tourmaline ceramic technology
- Ionic technology
- High-torque DC motor which improves performance
- 3 Heat & 2 Speed settings
- Cool shot button
- Diffuser which you can use to define your curls / waves
- Hinged Filter
- Hang Ring
In position 3 we have Conair 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer – it has a very good customer rating and its price is very good. Actually, it is the most affordable hair dryer on this list. Conair is good as a brand ”that is to why I had to feature at least one of their hair dryers on this list” – Putting that aside; Conair 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer is powered by tourmaline ceramic technology which prevents this styling tool from damaging your hair and at the same time it features Ionic technology which prevents your hair from becoming frizzy.
Not only does it dry your hair very fast, it protects it from extensive heat, leaves it shiny and smooth. It comes with lots of useful features – thus providing a soft styling touch to your hair. You will get up to 75% less frizz due to its ionic technology. If you have thin / fragile hair, you don’t have to worry because Conair has ”tourmaline ceramic and ion technology which allows you to achieve smooth, shinny and frizz-free hair. It won’t damage your hair yet it costs less. The Tourmaline ceramic reduces hot spots by emitting natural ions for static free hair. Your hair will always look natural & healthy because the Ionic technology embedded in this dryer enhances natural smoothness and at the same time prevents frizz thus making your hair look healthy and strong. Its high motor speed of 1875 watt – blows air through your hair very fast thus drying it at a very fast rate.
- Affordable:The most affordable premium hair dryer on the market.
- Cool shot button performs a real cool job by pushing cool air into your hair thus protecting your hair from getting damaged by heat.
- Durable:- Much as it is cheap – it can work for more than 5 years without changing performance. Handle it with care – it will also treat you well for many years until technology does you apart.
- Light weight and quite – you can hold it in your hands without getting tired. For the sake of noise, you don’t have to become a burden to others simply because you’re drying your hair. At least every one in the house will have peace-of-mind.
- High power motor which guarantees you with quick results. I can’t estimate how long it will take you to fully dry your hair with Conair because we all have different hair types – but I’m sure it will be less than the usual.
- Good on frizzy hair:– Ladies if you have that troublesome frizzy hair, this is the best solution for you. It is a must have hair dryer for frizzy hair.
- Less Heat & Speed settings – Unlike Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 & Rusk W8less which feature more than 6 heat & speed settings. True you can get good results with this Conair – but you might miss out on some styles and it might also not be good for all hair types.
- Cable length ( 5 feet ) is not that good as compared to that of Rusk W8less (8 feet).
- The plastic coating on the handle wears off after a few months – this does not affect the functionality of the device but it makes it look old.
- The concentrator nozzle is not secure enough – it can pop off anytime. But if you don’t use attachments, then this shouldn’t be a big problem.
- Not Dual Voltage – It works with only 110V
- The nozzle is longer
- The plastic coating makes it slippery in hands thus making it difficult to hold.
- The Cool shot button is very short as compared to the old versions.
- You can accidentally press the cool shot button when you don’t want too.
- The filter is hinged and it does not open all the way thus making it difficult to clean
- Remington AC2015 T – Studio Salon Collection Pearl Ceramic Hair Dryer (2)
- Ceramic pearl technology (this makes your hair smooth & shiny)
- 1875 watts ac motor
- Ionic condition
- 3 Heat & 2 Speed settings
- Free concentrator & diffuser
- 4-year warranty
In position 4 we have Remington AC2015 T. It is a Ceramic hair dryer which makes it suitable for all hair types. It will leave your hair shiny and at the same time protect it from excessive heat produced by the dryer. It also comes with 3 heat & 2 speed settings just like Conair 1875 ”featured in position 3”. In terms of power, Remington AC2015 T’s motor uses 1875 watt – which delivers 40% faster drying time. Much as its motor life is very good as compared to that of Conair 1875 – I’m sure both dryers do the same job. When I look at the pricing – Both Conair 1875 & Remington AC2015 T fall in the same price range.
You don’t have to spend more than 30 on a hair dryer because Remington AC2015 T can do what premium models can do. This professional AC hair dryer features a durable 1875 watt motor which is boosted by ceramic pearl technology – so once its put into action – your hair will dry in minutes and it will remain smooth & shiny. You can customize its functionality by choosing between its 3 Heat settings and 2 speed settings. If you have fragile / thin hair, opt for the low heat option – this means the dryer will use less heat when drying your hair thus protecting and sealing cuticles to deliver better results. It comes with a variety of styling tools which you can use to make professional hairstyles while at home.
The Pearl technology & Ionic Conditioning will offer you with a ”salon-quality hairstyle”. You can use this tool for routine hair styling. The Ceramic pearl technology improves on heat distribution thus offering uniform results through your hair. It also maintains constant temperature throughout the all process of hair drying.
- Good for fine hair:- Due to its ceramic pearl technology…..Remington AC2015 T will dry your hair in a very short period of time and at the same time add some volume to it so that it does not look too thin. Choose a low blow & heat setting for better results.
- Quiet:- Dry your hair silently without interrupting other people’s peace in the house.
- Not too heavy: – I can’t say it is as light as Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 (featured in position 1), but its weight is quite bearable as compared to other competitors in its range.
- Affordable: – If you want a hair dryer which performs its duty well and leaves your hair shiny and smooth. Look no further than this – you don’t have to spend $100 +++ for a hair dryer because this low priced model can do what most premium / highly priced models can do.
- 4 year warranty:- Not only will you get a deal when purchasing this product for the first time, but still your purchase will come with a 4 year warranty. This covers technical failures ”so if the tool fails to work or perform as expected” contact Remington and get a free replacement. This is a rare opportunity because low priced tools always have a 6 months – 1 year warranty not 4 years.
- Customize air flow by attaching an enclose concentrator and diffuser (Airflow options include; Medium & High) . At the same time select from 3 heat options which include; Cool, Warm, Hot. You can as well use a Burst of Cold button to blow cold air into your hair.
- Long Cord: – It has a longer cord than most standard hair dryers on the market – this makes it user friendly. I highly recommend this model to majority of women. It will give you the best results and you won’t dream of those highly priced models.
- Dose not cause frizz in your hair and at the same time it will leave it dry, shinny and smooth.
- Not durable:- Some customers complain that the product does not last for long as advertised. Some have used it for 2 years and it has already lost its heat element.
- Not easy to clean
- A little bit heavy
- Shoots sparks when it gets hot
- Revlon RV544PKF 1875W Tourmaline Ionic Ceramic Dryer *****Most Affordable
- 1875 Watts of Power
- Tourmaline Ionic Technology
- Triple Baked Ceramic which helps in even distribution of heat
- 2 Heat & Speed settings
- Cold shot button which releases cool air to lock-in that hairstyle
- Concentrator & Diffuser attachments
In position 5, we have Revlon RV544 – it is a perfect heat fast dry speed hair dryer……and the cheapest on this list. If you have a very small budget but in need of a performing & efficient hair dryer – look no further than this. This low cost hair care tool can do all the magic that you can think of…It has 1875 Watts of power just like the other last 2 models featured above – with this kind of motor power – it will blow your hair at a high speed thus leaving it dry in a few seconds without damaging it.
This light weight dryer features Tourmaline Ionic Technology which adds volume and smoothness to your hair. You can as well use the cold shot button to blow cold air into your hair – this will prevent the dryer from damaging that fine hair. Choose between 2 heat & Speed settings to get custom results. (These settings are very few as compared to those on Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 & Rusk W8less) Revlon RV544 can do a great job and you might not even wish to have $100 +++ hair dryer.
In terms of weight – it is 25% lighter than its competitors – at least I will give it a credit for being that light because no woman wants to feel like they are in the gym every-time they blow-dry their hair.
NOISE:- This is something you should always consider when shopping for a new hair dryer. Because however fast it is, if it makes too much noise, you will feel uncomfortable using it. Revlon RV544 is super quiet and fast. This makes it an ideal hair styling tool for every woman.
- Affordable: This is the most affordable hair dryer on this list. Probably you might find more low cost models but I doubt if they can perform as well as this model.
- Wide diffuser attachment: – Ladies who have long curly hair, you will find this 5.5 inches wide diffuser very useful, it won’t tangle your curls.
- Lightweight:- You can hold it with one hand and feel no weight at all (this makes it user friendly)
- Catches fire while in use: – Majority of ladies who have used this product reported that it caught fire while in use. So you have to be aware when paying for it.
OUR TOP PICK:
Babyliss Pro BABNT5548 2000 Watt:
WHY WE CHOOSE Babyliss Pro BABNT5548?
- It is powerful (faster than the other last three models)
- Has a Long cord (8 feet)
- Ergonomic handle
- It is Lightweight
- 6 heat & speed settings
- Cool & Shot button which locks in your style
- Works well on all hair types and it will leave your hair shiny, smooth and soft.
- It also works well on curly hair
- Dries your hair very fast without damaging it
- Recommended by hair stylists.
- How To Choose A Blow Dryer
- How To Dry Hair Faster Without Using A Blow Dryer
- How To Blow Dry Hair
- Instructions on How To Use A Hair Diffuser