Whether it is for allergies, dust, asthma or any other sort of respiratory concerns Alen…
5 Best HEPA Air Purifiers 2019 – (Allergies,Asthma & Smoke)
We have reviewed 9 HEPA air purifiers, but among those 9 we have handpicked only 5 Best Hepa Air Purifiers (2019) for Allergies, Asthma, Smoke, Large spaces, Cigarette, Dust, Pet dander, Odor and What money can buy. We have considered many factors to pick out the best models for you. We looked at the features of each model, analyzed customer reviews on Amazon and other online stores and also looked at the questions people ask about each model before buying. You can also check our comparisons
MOST FAVORITE:- Our 3 most favorite HEPA air purifiers include; (1) Rabbit Air MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier, (2) Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier and (4) AIRMEGA 400 The Smarter Air Purifier
11 REASONS WHY WE LOVE THOSE THREE MODELS:-
(1) Wide room coverage, Ability to remove 99.7% of allergens, germs and air pollutants, (2) Ability to detect a change in air quality and increase the speed of fans to capture pollutants as small as 0.3 microns, (3) Easy to setup & maintain, (4) Quiet operation, (5) Premium design & durability, (6) Efficiency & perfection – they eliminate all air pollutants / contaminants thus leaving your air purely clean and worth breathing, (7) Ideal for people with Asthma & very serious Allergies, (8) They consume very little space, (9) They get rid of cigarette smoke – so if you smoke / leave with a roommate who smokes – those 3 models will serve you better, (10) Very easy to clean Pre-filters, (11) Too economical – they consume less energy ”Energy Star Certified”.
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT ALEN BREATHESMART CLASSIC & RABBIT AIR MINUSA2?
- Both are good at eliminating dust, pet dander and heavy odors – thus leaving your room’s air fresh.
- Both models are recommended for allergies – so if you’re allergic to any kind of dust (1) Alen BreatheSmart & (2) Rabbit Air MinusA2 should be your best choice.
- Both are ideal for large rooms. Rabbit Air Minus A2 has a room coverage of 815 sq. ft While Alen BreatheSmart covers 1100 Sq. Ft.
- Both air purifiers operate quietly – so you won’t get any interuption while sleeping or resting.
- Both are worth the penny. None of them is cheap, but you will get exactly what you paid for (super clean air)
WHY HEPA FILTERS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALLERGIES:
WHAT IS A HEPA FILTER?
HEPA stands for High Efficiency Particulate Air. That means that HEPA filter is High Efficiency Particulate Air Filter.
What makes HEPA filters different from others is the ability to trap 99.97% of small particulates of about 0.3 or larger.
Our best picks Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier and Rabbit Air MinusA2 use HEPA filters to capture even the smallest particles in the air thus leave your room with 99.97% cleaner hair.
HEPA Filters work by pushing air through a fine mesh that captures harmful particles such as pet dander, tobacco, smoke, pollen from flowers, dust mites and so much more.
For that reason, HEPA filters are the best for allergies. Good models can switch on themselves automatically once they sense a difference in air quality.
HOW MUCH CAN HEPA FILTERS BE OF HELP TO AN ALLERGIC PERSON?
When you use a HEPA filter air purifier like ”Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier” – it will remove most airborne particles can trigger allergies. These are the particles that make allergies worse. Dust is everywhere in your house. It can be found in your rugs, bedding, drapes, sofas, tabletops and flowers. So to prevent allergies, you have to keep the air you breathe clean. If possible, get rid of the source of dust. A good example is not to smoke from indoors.
5 BEST HEPA AIR PURIFIERS 2019 – FOR HOME:
This the most affordable and effective air purifier money can buy
COMPARE THE BEST AIR PURIFIERS SIDE BY SIDE:
- Rabbit Air MinusA2-vs-AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- Rabbit Air MinusA2-vs-Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0-vs-AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0-vs-Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0-vs-Rabbit Air MinusA2
- IQAir HealthPro Plus vs AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- IQAir HealthPro Plus vs KOIOS Large Air Purifier
- IQAir HealthPro Plus vs Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- IQAir HealthPro Plus vs Rabbit Air MinusA2
- IQAir HealthPro Plus vs Bissell air400 Air Purifier
- IQAir HealthPro Plus vs Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. IQAir HealthPro Plus
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. KOIOS Large Air Purifier
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. Rabbit Air MinusA2
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. Bissell air400 Air Purifier
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. Germ Guardian AC5250PT
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. Winix 5500 2
- Dyson 305158 01 Pure Cool Link vs. LEVOIT LV PUR131
- Bissell air400 Air Purifier-vs-AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- Bissell air400 Air Purifier-vs-Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- Bissell air400 Air Purifier-vs-Rabbit Air MinusA2
- Bissell air400 Air Purifier-vs-Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- Winix 5500 2 vs AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- Winix 5500 2 vs IQAir HealthPro Plus
- Winix 5500 2 vs KOIOS Large Air Purifier
- Winix 5500 2 vs Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- Winix 5500 2 vs Rabbit Air MinusA2
- Winix 5500 2 vs Bissell air400 Air Purifier
- Winix 5500 2 vs Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- Winix 5500 2 vs Germ Guardian AC5250PT
- Germ Guardian AC5250PT vs AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- Germ Guardian AC5250PT vs IQAir HealthPro Plus
- Germ Guardian AC5250PT vs KOIOS Large Air Purifier
- Germ Guardian AC5250PT vs Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- Germ Guardian AC5250PT vs Rabbit Air MinusA2
- Germ Guardian AC5250PT vs Bissell air400 Air Purifier
- Germ Guardian AC5250PT vs Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- Winix 5300 2 vs. AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- Winix 5300 2 vs. IQAir HealthPro Plus
- Winix 5300 2 vs. KOIOS Large Air Purifier
- Winix 5300 2 vs. Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- Winix 5300 2 vs. Rabbit Air MinusA2
- Winix 5300 2 vs. Bissell air400 Air Purifier
- Winix 5300 2 vs. Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- Winix 5300 2 vs. Germ Guardian AC5250PT
- Winix 5300 2 vs. Winix 5500 2
- Winix 5300 2 vs. LEVOIT LV PUR131
- KOIOS Large Air Purifier-vs-AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- KOIOS Large Air Purifier-vs-Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- KOIOS Large Air Purifier-vs-Rabbit Air MinusA2
- KOIOS Large Air Purifier-vs-Bissell air400 Air Purifier
- KOIOS Large Air Purifier-vs-Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- LEVOIT LV PUR131 vs AIRMEGA 400s HEPA Air Purifier
- LEVOIT LV PUR131 vs IQAir HealthPro Plus
- LEVOIT LV PUR131 vs KOIOS Large Air Purifier
- LEVOIT LV PUR131 vs Alen BreatheSmart Customizable Air Purifier
- LEVOIT LV PUR131 vs Rabbit Air MinusA2
- LEVOIT LV PUR131 vs Bissell air400 Air Purifier
- LEVOIT LV PUR131 vs Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0
- LEVOIT LV PUR131 vs Winix 5500 2
View More Comparisons ….here……
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN SHOPPING FOR AIR PURIFIER?
- NOISE LEVEL: – Since you plan to use these gadgets 24/7 – it is better you opt for a silent unit. Some units can make some noise at the start because that is when they capture most of the dust but after a few seconds, the unit will tune its self to a low setting mode which is very silent and effective. Those with turbo settings are noisy but should only be used when the dust is too much.
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION:- Opt for a model which is Energy start certified – these appliances are supposed to be used 24/7 so they have to be power friendly. You have to get cleaner air at a small fee.
- MAINTENANCE COSTS:- By default all air purifiers need maintenance. You have to clean / replace filters. But buy a model which has HEPA filters, these last for long (2-3 years). Also make sure that those filters are available on the market so that when the need arises, you can easily get one. The life span of air filters is determined by the quality of air being filtered and how many times the unit is being used. People who leave is dusty areas might replace filters more than those leaving in cleaner areas.
- COVERAGE AREA:- Opt for a model which covers a wide area – it should be in position to filter and clean air in a wide area. But if you have a small room, opt for a smaller unit like GermGuardian AC4825.
- NO OZONE GENERATION:- Beware of models which generate ozone pollution – these are harmful to your health especially when you have asthma & allergies
HEPA AIR PURIFIER REVIEWS:
RABBIT AIR MINUSA2 ULTRA QUIET HEPA AIR PURIFIER
|Power Cord Length||9.33 ft.|
|Effective Coverage Area*||815 sq. ft. (Normal Residential Use)
408 sq. ft. (Allergy Sufferer)
|Power Consumption||7 to 61 watts|
|Dimensions||23.9 x 22.5 x 10 inches|
|Noise Level||25.6 to 51.3 dBA|
|CADR||Pollen / Dust / Smoke
200 / 193 / 180
|Wireless Connectivity (iOS and Android)||SPA-780N Only|
|Power Requirements||120V AC 60 Hz|
|Energy Star Rated Motor||Yes|
With its room coverage of 815 sq. ft – Rabbit Air MinusA2 can clean air in a large room. You can hang it on the wall and it will automatically detect a change in air quality. It is a top of the liner air purifier ”made in Korea”. It is a durable model if compared with other models on the market. It has a high quality Panasonic brush-less motor which lasts for years – thus saving you money in the long run.
BUT IT DOES NOT COME CHEAP. So I advise you to save some money aside and have this air purifier in your house. It is top of the range and can perform 24/7 without having any issues. Remember that when it comes to air purification, always get the best.
CLEARING ODORS FOR PETS: – If you leave with pets (dogs/cats) there is one thing that you have to be sure of and that is; pet odor and dander that comes from dogs. This alone can ruin the smell of your room and trigger-off allergies. Rabbit Air MinusA2 is great at eliminating pet odor and dander. The good thing is that it covers a wide area, so your home will always smell fresh.
SMOKE FROM THE KITCHEN: – Rabbit Air MinusA2 does not like wired smells or pollutants. Once it detects smoke / any type of smell from the kitchen, it will boost its performance thus eliminate all the cooking odors from the rest of the house.
CIGARETTE SMOKE: – For those who can’t leave without smoking, Rabbit Air MinusA2 is a pro at eliminating cigarette smoke. Your room/office will always feel fresh even when you smoke.
RECOMMENDED FOR ASTHMATICS AND ALLERGY SUFFERERS:- Asthmatic and allergic people don’t do well in dusty environments so a high quality air purifier like Rabbit Air MinusA2 is a must have for them. You will get relief and reduce the number of times you use inhalers if Rabbit Air gets in your house
AIR PURIFICATION STAGES & TYPES OF FILTERS USED:
The table below shows 6 air purification stages that Air MinusA2 uses to make air in your room fresh, clean and safe.
|It purpose is to trap and reduce large sized allergens, particles and dust that gets its way into the air you breathe. By doing so all these particles are eliminated from your air. The Pre-filter can be removed and washed. When it’s clean, less strain is put on the machine.|
|The main role of the Medium Filter is to capture and reduce on airborne particles that are larger than 1 micron. A good example of such particles includes; pet dander, pollen and mold.|
|BioGS HEPA Filter
|Rabbit Air MinusA2 use its BioGS HEPA Filter to trap very small particles and allergen of about 0.3 microns in size. It does this at 99.97% efficiency – thus reduce the occurrence of common allergens.|
|You can choose from a wide variety of customized filters basing on your needs. Available filters include: Germ defence filter, Pet Allergy Filter, Odor Remover Filter and Toxin Absorber Filter.|
|Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter
|This type of filter is made of high-grade granular activated carbon. Its purpose is to reduce Chemicals and other household odors like smoke from the kitchen, cigarette smoke and so much more.|
|Negative Ion Generator
|This is the last stage of air purification. The Negative Ion Generator produces negative ions which fortifies the air you breathe. It will also freshen the air in your indoor environment|
BioGS HEPA Filter vs. typical True HEPA Filter
Unlike traditional HEPA air purifiers which trap allergens and contaminants – that build up over time in the air purifier and affect its performance plus efficiency – Rabbit AirMinusA2 uses a BioGS HEPA filter – it also traps allergens but they don’t build up in the machine thus maintaining the performance of the machine (but at the same time prolong on the lifespan of the purifier)
You can easily customize the performance of MinusA2 air purifier to suit your best needs or those around you. This can be done by opting for specific filters which include:
(1) Germ Defence filter (The main purpose of this filter is to effectively trap and reduce particles, airborne bacteria and mold spores that carry viruses with them). (2) Pet Allergy Filter (If you leave with pets, this is the best filter for you. It traps and reduces pet dander and related pet allergens that can make it hard for you to breath) (3) Toxin Absorber Filter (Just like its name – it deals with volatile toxic organic compounds and other related harmful chemicals – I recommend this type of filter to people who leave in highly polluted areas) (4) Odor Remover Filter (If you smoke or cook – this would be the best choice for you. It traps and reduces odors from cigarettes, cooking, mildew and pets. Your house will always smell fresh)
ALEN BREATHESMART CLASSIC LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER
|Designer Options||15 color panel options|
|Filter Options||4 filter options: HEPA-Pure, HEPA-Silver, HEPA-FreshPlus, HEPA-OdorCell|
|Coverage Area (sq. ft.)||1,100 sq. ft.|
|Quiet Operation Coverage (Speed 2)||690 Sq. Ft.|
|CADR||300 (per Energy Star Test)|
|Filtration rate||Removes 99% of particles greater than 0.3 microns|
|Filter Life (based on use)||Up to 12 months|
|Energy Star Certified||Yes|
|Power Supply||120 V|
|Filter Change Indicator||Smart Filter Light – Based on use and environment|
|Noise Levels||Speed 1: 41.5 dB Speed 2: 44 dB Speed 3: 50 dB Speed 4: 56 dB|
|Unit Measurements (HxWxD+Lbs.)||26.75″ x 17.75″ x 10″ + 21 Lbs.|
Leave safely with your pets without worrying about pet odor. Alen BreatheSmart is good for open & closed rooms – it can remove allergies, chemicals, cooking odors and all sorts of dust which pollute the air you breathe while at home.
I highly recommend this unit to people who leave with pets and those who are allergic / asthmatic. Alen BreatheSmart provides you with protection against Volatile Organic Compounds and chemicals when used with a HEPA-FreshPlus Filter. At the same time it reduces all strong odors by using its activated carbon filters thus leaving your house / room with fresh clean air.
- WIDE COVERAGE:-1,100 square feet – if you’re searching for an air purifier for a large room. This should be your best option. It will freshen up air in most rooms including the kitchen & bedroom.
- EXTREMELY QUITE:-Alen BreatheSmart features a WhisperMax Technology which makes it quiet and ideal for every home. You can place it anywhere in the house without worrying about noise. Noise Levels (Speed 1: 41.5 dB; Speed 2: 44 dB; Speed 3: 50 dB; Turbo: 56 dB)
- AIR QUALITY INDICATOR:-This is a very essential feature – it will let you know when the air is clean / dirty. At least you don’t have to guess on when it is working – this air quality indicator will keep you updated.
- SMARTSENSOR TECHNOLOGY:- This intelligent sensor consistently evaluates your room and environment in real time to control the performance of the unit. For example, when the unit detects that the air in your room is pure clean, it will automatically switch its self to a lower setting and it will adjust to a higher setting when it detects dust / odor / bacteria, germs and all other air disinfectants.
- SMART FILTER TIMER:-The only way your unit can deliver high quality results – is by maintaining and replacing air filters when they ware out. This model features a Smart Filter Timer which maximizes the life span of the filter – it will notify you when filters need replacement. (Its filter life span is 18 months basing on usage)
- POWERFUL PERFORMANCE WITH STYLE:- This unit is intelligent and powerful at the same time. But the most interesting bit of it is the ability to change color interface. You can easily switch colors and textures of this unit so that it corresponds with the interior of your house. BreatheSmart series will fit beautifully in your house.
Customizable Panel Colors: Customizable designer panel colors (To compliment your decor) change the color whenever your style changes.
4 TYPES OF HEPA FILTERS:
- HEPA-Pure:- It is a standard air filter which deals with dust and allergens such as mold spores, pollen and pet dander.
- HEPA-Silver filter:- This is a cutting edge air filter – it deals with mold, germs and asthma related issues.
- HEPA-Fresh Plus:- This is a chemical filter – the best for removing smoke and heavier chemicals.
- HEPA-OdorCell:- It works as an odor neutralizer. With its proprietary technology – pet & diaper odor will be broken down.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS:
- It is customized to fit your lifestyle. You don’t have to worry about your decor. Simply customize the looks of the panel so that it matches with the rest of the Decor.
- Intelligent sensors:- Alen BreathSmart will use its sensors to automatically detect a change in your environment.
- Filter life indicator:- This will tell you when to change or clean the air filter of your machine.
- Filter life indicator
- Power/Sleep Mode & Air quality feedback light
- 4-speed fan
- Automatic mode
- Handle for easy moving
- Available custom designer panels in a variety of color choices
HONEYWELL TRUE HEPA ALLERGEN REMOVER, 465 SQ. FT, HPA300
|Recommended Room Size||Extra Large Rooms (465 sq ft)|
|Smoke CADR Rating||300|
|Dust CADR Rating||320|
|Pollen CADR Rating||300|
|Product Dimensions||20.08 x 10.83 x 22.32|
|Indicator Lights for Filter and UV-C Bulb Replacement||Yes|
|HEPA Replacement Filter||HRF-R3 (3 Filters) captures 99.97% of dust and allergens as small as 0.3 microns|
|Genuine Odor-Reducing Pre-filter||HRF-AP1|
|ENERGY STAR Qualified (it meets strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the US EPA)
Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover is well built, it circulates room air up to 5 times per hour, its coverage is 465 sq feet. It is not as strong as Alen BreatheSmart but it is fairly priced. Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Remover can capture up to 99.97% of microscopic allergens and 0.3 microns larger – thus leaving air in your room cleaner than you would expect.
The mere fact that allergists are recommending this model: I have no doubt in its performance – so any one with allergies & asthma can use this affordable air purifier.
Honeywell True HEPA air purifiers are efficient at removing airborne particles like VOCs, bacteria, household dust, pollen, tobacco smoke, dust, cooking smoke, pet dander, fireplace smoke and mold spores.
This model does not release ozone back into the air you breathe thus making it an ideal air purifier for patients with breathing issues.
HOW HONEYWELL AIR PURIFIER WORKS:
STAGE 1:- A very quiet fan will pull room air into the unit. This air will be circulated and filtered several times.
STAGE 2:- Once air is filtered at the first stage, it then passes through an odor absorbing pre-filter to reduce / remove unpleasant odor and at the same-time capture large particles such as dust, pet fur / lint.
STAGE 3:- At this stage, air passes through highly effective TRUE HEPA Filters which capture up to 99.97% of particles, 0.3 microns or larger, from the air that passes through the filters.
STAGE 4:- Finally, fresher and cleaner air is released back into your room.
AIRMEGA 400 THE SMARTER AIR PURIFIER
|App & Alexa & DRS||NO|
|Coverage||1,560 sq. ft.|
|Filters||Washable Pre-Filter+Max2 Filter Set(Activated Carbon+Green True HEPA)|
|Pollution Indicator||Yes (4 Levels)|
|Filter Life Time Indicator||Yes|
|Fan Speed||Sleep, Low, Medium, High|
|Timer & Scheduler||Timer 1, 4, 8 Hr|
AIRMEGA 400 The Smarter Air Purifier is designed to handle large indoor spaces (up to 1560 sq.ft) and it includes 3 Smart mode options (auto-speed, Eco and Sleep). It uses an effective air quality sensor to detect any change in the air you breath – thus clean it when it is necessary. AIRMEGA 400 traps very small particles of about 0.3 microns.
MADE BY COWAY:- I’m a great fan of coway air purifiers (though i didn’t feature Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier among our top 5 – but it is still a highly rated model). AIRMEGA 400 is made by coway a company well known for making health-minded technologies.
Air Quality Monitoring: Airmega uses its air pollution sensor to detect any change in air quality within your room. The brightly colored LED ring lets you know if air in your room is either dirty / clean. This Real time air quality Monitoring system ensures keeps track of air quality 24/7. No Germs, Dust, Pollen and Allergens will go un-noticed.
Smart Technology:- Using its Smart Mode feature, the Airmega 400 can adapt to its surroundings by adjusting its fan speeds automatically – basing on your room’s air quality. This function ensures that your room has pure clean air 24/7 but at the same time it saves on the unit’s energy – it only adjusts its fan speed when the air is not clean – after that it will go in the sleep mode.
Powerful Dual Suction:- AIRMEGA 400 draws polluted air from two sides and it later pushes filtered air out – through the top of the unit, thus clean up the air you breathe instantly. All this is done quietly – it won’t make any annoying noise even when dealing with heavily contaminated air.
Max2 Filter:- This is a combined activated True HEPA & Carbon filter. It captures and reduces almost 99.97% of small particles of about 0.3 microns in the air – these include; pollutants, pollen, dust, pet dander and other related allergens that might make it hard for you to breathe. The same MAX2 Filter reduces 90=9% of volatile organic compounds that could make you sick.
Easy to clean pre-filter:- The main purpose of a pre-filter is to capture large particles like fur, hair and dust. You can easily remove the pre-filter and clean it to maximize the performance of the Unit
Filter Indicator: – AIRMEGA 400 saves you from guess work. The air filter indicator will tell you when the Max2 filters need replacement and when the pre-filter need to be cleaned. Always do what the indicators tell you to do – so that you maintain the performance of the unit.
RABBIT AIR BIOGS 2.0 ULTRA QUIET HEPA AIR PURIFIER (SPA-625A
|Stages of purification||4|
|Filter type||BioGS HEPA & Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filters|
|Number of speeds||5|
|Energy Star certified||Yes|
The Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier was designed to trap allergens and particles of up-to 0.3 microns in size at 99.97% efficiency in-order to provide you with purely clean air daily. In fact, this air-purifier features BioGS HEPA and Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon filters that help to thoroughly remove allergens and chemicals within your house while the integrated negative ion generator fortifies the air you breathe and freshen your indoor environment.
On the other hand, this air-purifier features smart-lights that turn off when the unit is idle in-order to reduce on light pollution and save energy while the filter life indicator will alert you when it’s time to clean and replace the filters. Likewise, this air-purifier features a childproof feature that pauses operation when the front panel is removed while the integrated advanced BLDC motor operates at five different speeds and it’s virtually silent at the lowest speed.
- BioGS HEPA Filtration Technology: The Rabbit Air BioGS 2.0 is equipped with a BioGS HEPA filter that helps to trap airborne particles down to 0.3-microns in size at 99.97% of the time and reduces on common allergens to support optimum filter efficiency and prolong filter life.
- 4 stages of purification: This air-purifier features a 4-stages of air purification which include; a Pre-filter that effectively traps and reduces large sized allergens, dust and particles, a BioGS HEPA Filter which traps airborne particles down to 0.3 microns in size, a Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon Filter which removes chemicals and odors from your house and a Negative Ion Generator that fortifies the air and freshens your indoor environment.
- A large air purification surface: The BioGS SPA-625A air purifier can filter all the air in rooms of up-to 625-sq.ft for twice in an hour on the highest setting.
- Ultra quiet BLDC motor: The BioGS SPA-625A air purifier is equipped with a cutting edge BLDC motor that operates at 5 different speeds and it’s virtually silent at the lowest speed.
- Smart interface lights: This air-purifier is equipped with smart interface lights that automatically turn-off when the unit is idle in-order to reduce on light pollution and save energy. Additionally, the filter life indicator will alert you when it’s time to clean and replace the filters.
- Energy-efficient: The BioGS SPA-625A air purifier is ENERGY STAR certified and this implies that it will not run up your energy bills thus saving you a lot of money on bills annually.
- Childproof feature: The BioGS SPA-625A air purifier is equipped with a childproof feature that pauses air purifier operation when the front panel is removed in-order to keep your kids safe around this appliance.
- Economical and durable filters: The BioGS HEPA and Charcoal-Based Activated Carbon filters of this air-purifier can last for up to 3-years basing on a 12-hour daily operation and the included prefilter is permanent and washable.
WAIT!!!! ……..BEFORE YOU GO, CHECK OUT 5 OTHER GREAT MODELS THAT DIDN’T GET A CHANCE TO GET FEATURED IN OUR TOP 5 SELECTION:
BLUEAIR 203 SLIM HEPASILENT AIR-PURIFICATION SYSTEM
Blueair 203 Slim HepaSilent Air-Purification System is a small unit (25 lbs and 21x17x8 inches in size) featuring a handle at the top for portability. This small unit is highly effective with a Clean Air Delivery rate (CADR) OF 155 cubic feet per minute and 5 air changes per hour. Its coverage is 240 sq feet, quite smaller than the other 3 models featured above but okay for a small room. You can use it in your living room, home office or bedroom. Blueair comes with a magnetic filter timer which you can attach on your unit, refrigerator or door. Its HEPA Silent filtration system can capture up-to 99.97% of harmful particles – 0.1 microns in size. It has a nice Swedish design which blends with any decor.
HIGHEST RATE OF CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) – The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM), fully tested Blueair 203’s CADR, which is known as the ”Amount of clean air produced by the air purifier and the rate at which it is produced / delivered). During this test, AHAM noticed that Blueair 203 has the best & highest CADR as compared to other air purifiers on the market. This small unit delivers big performance to small spaces like offices, bedrooms, living room, dining rooms and so much more.
COMPACT SIZE:- Blueair 203 has a slim/compact size – you can mount it on the wall or put it in the corner of the room. However, for this unit to perform better, it should be more than 4 inches from the wall.
HEPASilent TECHNOLOGY:- This unit performs its duties quietly – you might not recognize its presence in the room except breathing cleaner air. It uses a unique combination of electrostatic and mechanical filtration to capture 99.97% of harmful particles down to 0.1 microns in size.
MAGNETIC TIMER:- For your unit to perform well and deliver high quality clean air all the time, it will need some regular maintenance. The only thing you have to do is change / clean air filters. To save you from guess work, Blueair comes with a Magnetic timer which you can attach on a fridge / door – this timer will always notify you on when to change the air filter.
WHIRLPOOL WHISPURE AP51030K
Whirlpool Whispure Air Purifier, HEPA Air Cleaner, AP51030K is an effective air purification system – it filters air 4.8 times per hour and its coverage is 500 square feet. Whirlpool is well priced as compared to other models featured on this list and it has a better coverage of up tp 500 sq ft). People with allergies and asthma can use this model because it has a HEPA Filtration system which eliminates 99.97% of air particles thus making air in your room absolutely clean.
- 3 STAGE FILTRATION SYSTEM:- Whirlpool AP51030K uses a three stage filtration system which is comprised of a carbon filter, pre-filter and a true HEP filter. Each of these filters captures and removes harmful particles in the air you breathe. For example, (1) The Pre-filter captures large particles thus prevent them from entering the unit. (2) However, some large particles might find their way inside the unit – these will be captured and removed by a carbon filter which also eliminates bad odors and protect the life of the HEPA filter. (3) Now at the heart of the Whirlpool Whispure 510 is where we find a true HEPA filter – this one provides maximum filtration of your room’s air by eliminating 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns and larger than that. Some of the particles that the HEPE filter deals with include; pollen, dust mites, mold spores, dander, ragweed and other microscopic irritants that can damage your indoor air quality and Worsen allergy and asthma symptoms.
- REPLACING FILTERS:- If you run this unit for 24 hours a day in a turbo setting and at least 8 hours of sleep mode – you will need to replace carbon filters every after 4 months. For the sake of HEPA filter – you will replace it after 1.5 years of usage. In terms of price ”Whirlpool 8171434K Large Air Purifier Carbon Pre-Filters, 4-Pack” and Whirlpool 1183054K HEPA Replacement Fits Whispure Air Purifier Models AP450 and AP510. Judging from these two maintenance costs – Whirlpool is worth the cost – it works well and it is affordable to buy & maintain.
- NOISE:- Whirlpool is a very quiet machine if put in sleep mode & low settings. However, when you set it in a higher setting – it will make a progressive louder hum (it is not an annoying noise…….it is more like white noise)
GermGuardian AC4825 is affordable & highly rated air purifier. This is the right model to start with especially when your income is still low. It is the kind of air purifier I would recommend to people leaving in small apartments. This multiple level air cleaning system will make your room worth leaving it because it will capture and remove allergens, kill airborne viruses and bacteria, and eliminate mold and odors. . It stands at 22-inches tall – you can place it in the corner of the room and let it do its job. It uses two filters; (1) Carbon activated pre-filter which should be changed after a period of 6-8 months depending on usage and (2) HEPA filter which should be replaced after a period of 1.5 years – still basing on usage.
HOW GERM GUARDIAN-AC4825 WORKS:
(1) At first, it combines its pre-filter and charcoal filter to capture all large particles in the air and these might include particles like dust and lint. The same combination of filters helps in destroying common household odors like cooking smoke, fireplace smoke and tobacco smoke. (2) In the second phase, a True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of all airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns in size – these might include; dust mites, debris, mold spores, plant pollen, and pet dander. (The main reason why doctors recommend HEPA filters is because they reduce exposure to indoor asthma triggers like dust and pet dander) – so if you’re searching for a good air purifier for dust, allergies, pets and smoke – look no further than this because GermGuard was tailored for just that. (3) Finally, the UV-C light technology helps to kill airborne viruses and bacteria as the Titanium Dioxide is being activated by the UV-C light to decompose odor molecules produced by pets, smoking and cooking.
ORANSI UV-HEPA FILTER:
Oransi V-HEPA can remove up to 98% of dust, pollen, mold, pet dander and some light odors. It has a stylish design and it fits very well in a small office, living room or bedroom. Since it is light weight, you can carry it with you to any room of your choice – it will help you sleep better and breathe cleaner & fresher air. It features electronic controls with an LCD display which indicates the performance of the unit. For sake of maintenance, you don’t have to do any guess work because a filter replacement / clean indicator can clearly show you when to do so. Your purchase will be backed by a 10 year warranty.
KEY BENEFITS OF ORANSI V-HEPA FINN EXTENDED PURIFIER:
- Goog HEPA filter life span – 2 years extended life
- No guess work on when to change filters because the unit has smart alerts which notify you when you need to to clean / replace filters.
- Easy to maintain – you can easily open it and change filters.
- Affordable air purifier
- Low power consumption – it draws only 55 watts
- Small footprint and modern design – this tower shaped air purifier can fit in any small space. Its contemporary color can match with any decor.
- Safe to use at home – this unit will stop working if the cover is left open. Oransi V-HEPA Finn has received safety certifications from ETL, GS and CE.
- Certified Ozone Safe – You don’t have to worry about bad emissions when using Oransi V-HEPA Finn because it is Ozone safe and it made of durable ABD materials.
HOW IT WORKS?
The process is quite simple; (1) Air in your room enters the carbon pre-filter – it captures all large particles thus protecting other filters in the system and enhance on the durability of the unit. The same carbon filter is capable of removing light odors like cooking smoke and pet dander. (2) At this stage, a high-efficiency filter ”V-HEPA air filter captures dust, allergens, solid particles, contaminants such as pollen, dust mites and airborne impurities as small as 0.3 microns.
HOW TO KEEP AIR CLEAN IN YOUR ROOM?
There are a few things that you can do to reduce on the dust and other related pollutants in your room, house and office.
- Clean your room often:- If it is a bedroom, wash all bed sheets at the end of the week – you can use hot water of about 130F. If it is your living room, vacuum the sofas at least twice a week if you don’t have pets. But those with pets, you need to vacuum those sofas on a daily basis. Pets drop off far on a daily basis and most of it finds its way into the sofa.
- Get rid of Dust Mite Hangouts: – We all love drapes in our homes but they’re good at hiding dust mites. So if possible you can replace them with wooden blinds. Also opt for hard floors rather than carpets and rugs – these trap dust and related allergens.
- Avoid Cleaning Your Room Late In The Evening:- Sounds wired but true. When you clean the room in the evening, it will take 2 hours or more for the dust to settle. You will have very few hours if not minutes to be outside of your house/room – so you will settle down before the dust settles down after a clean. Always clean your room in the morning so that dust gets enough time to settle before you’re back home.
- If Possible – Keep Pets Out Of The Room:- It could be your bedroom, living room or office – but any sort of room where you spend most of your time. The dander in your pet’s fur can trigger off various allergic conditions (making it hard to breathe). The same dander can track in pollen & mold from outdoors.
- Let go of fluff: – There is no need of keeping extra pillows, stuffed animal toys, linens and other dust collecting objects in your room. The less congested the room, the less dust in it.
- 1 WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT ALEN BREATHESMART CLASSIC & RABBIT AIR MINUSA2?
- 2 WHY HEPA FILTERS ARE HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR ALLERGIES:
- 3 HOW MUCH CAN HEPA FILTERS BE OF HELP TO AN ALLERGIC PERSON?
- 4 5 BEST HEPA AIR PURIFIERS 2019 – FOR HOME:
- 5 COMPARE THE BEST AIR PURIFIERS SIDE BY SIDE:
- 6 WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN SHOPPING FOR AIR PURIFIER?
- 7 HEPA AIR PURIFIER REVIEWS:
- 8 RABBIT AIR MINUSA2 ULTRA QUIET HEPA AIR PURIFIER
- 9 ALEN BREATHESMART CLASSIC LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER
- 10 HONEYWELL TRUE HEPA ALLERGEN REMOVER, 465 SQ. FT, HPA300
- 11 AIRMEGA 400 THE SMARTER AIR PURIFIER
- 12 RABBIT AIR BIOGS 2.0 ULTRA QUIET HEPA AIR PURIFIER (SPA-625A
- 13 BLUEAIR 203 SLIM HEPASILENT AIR-PURIFICATION SYSTEM
- 14 WHIRLPOOL WHISPURE AP51030K
- 15 GERMGUARDIAN AC4825:
- 16 ORANSI UV-HEPA FILTER:
- 17 HOW TO KEEP AIR CLEAN IN YOUR ROOM?
- 18 Related Posts