The Philips Norelco 1160X42 SensoTouch 2D is an advanced and powerful electric-razor that can offer…
5 Best Philips Norelco Electric Shavers 2019
Basing on customer reviews & ratings posted on Amazon – we have come to agree that Philips Norelco 9700 & Norelco 7500 for Sensitive skin are the Best Norelco Shavers for men who love rotary shavers – Both models have smooth shaving heads & are friendly on sensitive skins. Men with thick beards & sensitives skins, you can opt for model 9700 – it is stronger, smoother and faster than the other models. On the other hand, model 9700 comes at a price, so the best alternative is 7500 or 8900 .
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT NORELCO 9700 & 7500?
- Both are tender on sensitive skins – However, Norelco 7500 has been tailored for very sensitive skins only (its gentle precision PRO blade system smoothly glides on your skin without causing any irritation.
- Both have pivoting shaving heads (Norelco 9700 pivots in 8 directions yet 7500 pivots in 5 directions)
- Both have high-end shaving systems (Norelco 9700 uses a V-Track Precision Blade System PRO While Norelco 7500 uses a GentlePrecisionPRO Blade System)
- Both are Wet & Dry shavers (you can use them with shaving cream, shave in the shower, clean them under running tap water)
- Both have cleaning stations which sharpen blades and keep them new all the time.
- Both are able to capture flat laying hairs – though they use different mechanism do shave short stubble.
- Shaving blades for both models adjust seamlessly to every curve of your face & neck – thus minimizing skin irritation & pressure.
- Both models have a SmartClick Precision Trimmer which you can use to groom your mustache / sideburns
BEST PHILIPS NORELCO SHAVERS 2019:
HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU CHANGE THE BLADES A NORELCO SHAVER?
The first step to getting a clean close shave is to use sharp blades However when it comes to electric shavers you do not have to change the blades often like you do with manual razors, you’re only advised to change the blades of your shaver once a year. That is how cheap maintaining electric shavers is.
REVIEW OF 5 BEST PHILIPS NORELCO SHAVERS 2019:
|DIGITAL USER INTERFACE|
|PERSONAL COMFORT SETTINGS|
V-Track Precision Blade System PRO
|FULLY WASHABLE(SHOWER PROOF)|
|WET AND DRY|
|SMARTCLEAN CLEANING SYSTEM|
|SMARTCLICK PRECISION TRIMMER|
Power-Cord & Travel-Case
|REPLACEMENT BLADE REFERENCE|
PHILIPS NORELCO ELECTRIC SHAVER 9700 REVIEW:
The Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 9700 is actually an advanced and improved version of all other Philips-Models. In fact, after reviewing this electric-shaver I found out that it’s equipped with multiple cutting-edge technologies which enable the user to achieve the closest shave no matter their facial-hair length.
One of the great technologies that put this electric-shaver at the top – is the 8-directional Contour Detect technology which will contour your entire face catching up to 20% more hairs in just a single pass hence resulting into an extremely close and smooth shave with no-irritation while its lower noise-level provides you with a more comfortable shaving-experience compared to other shavers.
Upgraded V-Track Precision Blades PRO which can gently capture every hair regardless of its length including 1-day up to 3-day stubble.
These Precision-blades are also self-sharpening in order to provide you with a premium shave daily while the Personal Comfort Settings allow you to choose a speed-setting that best fits your shaving-experience
- Contour Detect Technology: – Philips Norelco 9700 is designed to follow every contour on your face and neck using its 8-directional Contour Detect technology. In fact, with this technology the shaver is capable of catching up to 20% more facial-hairs in just a single pass thus resulting into an extremely closer and smooth shave compared to other electric-shavers.
- V-Track Precision Blades PRO: – This electric-shaver is also equipped with Upgraded V-Track Precision Blades PRO that can gently capture every facial-hair regardless of its length from 1-day up to 3-day stubble. On top of that, these blades can cut up to 30% closer in fewer strokes thus leaving your skin smooth and comfortable. Lastly, the blades are also self-sharpening in order to ensure a premium shave daily.
- Personal Comfort Settings: – With this electric-shaver, you will be able to customize your shave by simply choosing a speed-setting that best fits you. In fact, these settings include; Sensitive-mode which is meant for a gentle and thorough shave, Normal-Mode for a thorough everyday shave and Fast-Mode for a quick-shave that will save you time.
- SmartClean PLUS System: – This system is designed to clean, lubricate, dry and charge the shaver at just the touch of a button thus keeping the Philips Norelco 9700 performing at its best daily. In fact, this cleaning-system uses an alcohol-free and skin-friendly formula to clean-up hairs, foam and gel with the help of a unique dual-filtration system. Lastly, this cleaning-system also lubricates the shaver’s blades in order to reduce on friction and keep the blades in a top-notch condition.
- AquaTec Technology:- With AquaTec technology, Philips Norelco 9700 Shaver will allow you to enjoy a comfortable dry-shave or a refreshing wet-shave in the shower using shaving gel or foam. This actually makes the Philips Norelco 9700 very convenient to use whether your travelling or when at home because it can be used in or out of the shower.
- Lithium-ion Power: – This electric-shaver features a powerful Lithium-ion battery that delivers up to 60-minutes of shaving after a 1-hour charge. Additionally, this shaver also features a 5-minute quick charge which can supply enough power for one-full shave.
GentlePrecisionPRO Blade System
Yes (5-directions system)
|SMARTCLICK PRECISION TRIMMER|
|WET AND DRY (SHOWER PROOF)|
|SMARTCLEAN CLEANING SYSTEM|
PHILIPS NORELCO ELECTRIC SHAVER 7500 REVIEW:
The Philips Norelco 7500 is a great electric-shaver that was designed for people with very sensitive skins. It features comfort-rings which reduce on irritation and friction when shaving across the face and you can even use foam or gel in order to achieve the most comfortable shaving-experience.
”Equipped with upgraded GentlePrecisionPRO blades that gently cut hairs including 1-to-3 day stubble while ensuring a skin-friendly shave.”
Likewise, the integrated DynamicFlex Technology that enables the shaver-heads to effortlessly move in 5-directions for improved contouring.
It comes with a SmartClean System that helps to clean, lubricate and even charge the shaver at the touch of a button.
- Comfort Rings: The Philips Norelco Shaver 7500 features Comfort Rings with a special anti-friction coating and thousands of powder-like beads which provide a smooth surface that can easily glide over the skin. In fact, it’s the comfort-rings that make this electric-shaver more comfortable to use of sensitive-skins.
- DynamicFlex Technology: with this technology, the shaving-heads will be capable of moving effortlessly into 5-directions while comfortably following every curve on your face and neck. So, this improved contouring will enable the shaver to catch every hair on the face including hairs in hard-to-reach areas.
- Gentle Precision Blades: The Philips Norelco Shaver 7500 features upgraded GentlePrecisionPRO blades that are designed to cut close on short and flat-lying hairs including 1-to-3 day stubble while protecting your sensitive skin.
- AquaTec Technology: With the AquaTec Wet and Dry seal, you be able to achieve a quick dry-shave or an extra-comfortable wet shave with foam/gel while under the shower. This actually makes the Philips Norelco Shaver 7500 very convenient to use whether you’re in the shower or outside while at home.
DualPrecision Blade System
|Wet and Dry (Shower Proof)|
|Shaving Time / Charge Time|
50-min / 1-hr
|SmartClean Cleaning System|
|Replacement Blade Reference|
PHILIPS NORELCO SHAVER 4500 REVIEW
The Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 is a portable and affordable electric-shaver that was designed to let you shave anyway you want. In fact, it’s a wet & dry shaver that has been equipped with an AquaTec seal that provides you with an option of either a comfortable dry-shave or a refreshing wet-shave while at home or when travelling.
Pivoting Heads that follow every contour on your face while ensuring close-contact with the skin thus facilitating for a gentler and closer shave.
Additionally, the DualPrecision shaving-system effectively shaves both long-hairs and short-stubble while the integrated pop-up trimmer facilitates for detailed trimmings and shaping of goatees, sideburns and mustaches.
- Pivoting Heads for Speed and Comfort: – The Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 features a Pivot, Flex & Float heads that are designed to follow every contour of your face while ensuring a close-contact with the skin thus leading to a fast, closer and gentle shaving experience.
- DualPrecision shaving system: – This shaver features a DualPrecision shaving system that effectively shaves both long-hair and short-stubble while protecting your skin. In fact, this shaver uses a patented Super Lift and Cut dual-blade action to comfortably lift hairs below the skin-level to ensure the most comfortable and closest shave.
- Wet and Dry: – The Philips Norelco Shaver 4500 is also equipped with AquaTec Technology that enables you to achieve a comfortable wet-shave with gel/foam or dry-shave for extra-convenience especially when travelling. In fact, this electric-shaver is fully-washable in order to facilitate for quick and easy cleaning after shaving your beards.
- Detailed Trimming with Pop-Up Trimmer: – The integrated pop-up trimmer on this shaver is ideal for detailed-trimming and shaping of sideburns, mustaches, goatees and a lot more. In fact, this pop-trimmer was designed to help you complete your facial-hair grooming-routine.
V-Track Precision Blade System
|CONTOUR DETECT TECHNOLOGY|
|SMARTCLEAN CLEANING SYSTEM|
|SMARTCLICK BEARD STYLER|
|WET AND DRY (SHOWER PROOF)|
|REPLACEMENT BLADE REFERENCE|
PHILIPS NORELCO ELECTRIC SHAVER 8900 REVIEW:
The Philips Norelco Electric Shaver 8900 is designed to bring perfection in every pass taken while ensuring optimum comfort. It is equipped with V-Track Precision Blades that cut facial-hairs up to 30% closer while the Contour Detect Technology helps to cut up to 20% more hair hence providing you with the closest shave ever.
Features a click-on beard styler which helps you to carryout detailed trimmings while Aquatic-Technology helps you enjoy a comfortable dry-shave or a refreshing wet-shave using gel/foam.
Lastly, this shaver is equipped with a powerful lithium-ion battery coupled with a 3-level battery-indicator and travel-lock for extra-convenience when travelling.
- Contour Detect Technology: – With Contour Detect Technology, each shaving-head will be able to independently move in 8-directions in order to follow every curve on your face. In fact, this contouring-system helps to cut up to 20% more hair in just a single pass.
- V-Track Precision Blades: – The V-Track Precision Blades help to collect hair optimally in any cutting position while ensuring a more comfortable shave that is 30-percent closer to the skin. Likewise, these blades are also self-sharpening so as to ensure a premium wet/dry shave daily.
- SmartClick Beard Styler: – This electric-shaver features a SmartClick Beard Styler with 5 built-in settings in order to facilitate for easy trimming of stubble and short-beards. In fact, this styler features rounded-tips and a comb designed to avoid skin-irritation when shaving.
- Wet & Dry: – This shaver features Aquatic-technology that enables you to enjoy a comfortable dry-shave or refreshing wet-shave with Foam/Gel. Additionally, this electric-shaver is 100% waterproof and can used and washed under running tap-water.
- 3 level battery indicator: – The LED-indicator helps to show the battery-status.
|DUALPRECISION SHAVING HEADS|
|GYROFLEX 2D CONTOURING|
|AQUATEC WET & DRY TECHNOLOGY|
Yes (5-Level battery display)
PHILIPS NORELCO SHAVER 6800 REVIEW
The Philips Norelco Shaver 6800 combines Gyroflex-2D and SkinGuide Technology in order to provide you with a closer and comfortable wet or dry shave whether you’re at home or when travelling.
It features a smooth flat-surface with rounded edges and DualPrecision shaving-heads that provide an extra-close shave with less irritation while the built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery delivers up to 60-minutes of cordless-shaving after a 1-hour charge and a 3-minute quick-charge provides enough power for one cordless-shave.
Automatic Worldwide Voltage 100V to 240V A
On the other hand, this shaver features a 5-length trimmer attachment for styling beards, a deluxe travel-pouch and foldable charging-stand which facilitate for extra-convenience when travelling.
- Dual precision heads: – The DualPrecision heads feature slots that help to shave normal-hairs and holes to shave the shortest stubble while the patented Lift & Cut dual-blade system helps to lift facial-hairs in order to comfortably cut them below the skin-level.
- Skin glide shaving surface: – The low-friction SkinGlide shaving-surface slides smoothly along the skin so as to provide you with a close-shave without any irritation.
- Wet or dry shaver: – The AquaTec seal provides you with the option of either a comfortable dry-shave or a refreshing wet-shave with shaving cream/gel in the shower. The shaver features a non-slip grip that makes it very easy to handle when shaving under wet-conditions.
- Automatic Worldwide Voltage 100V to 240V A: – Since this shaver features an inbuilt lithium-ion battery that facilitates for convenient cordless-shaving for up to 60-minutes, you will actually need to charge for about an hour before using it. So, it was designed to be compatible with worldwide voltage systems ranging from 100v-to-240v so that you can always charge and use this shaver when travelling in any part of the world.
HOW TO USE A NORELCO ELECTRIC SHAVER:
Norelco shavers have a different pattern in which they shave. But for those who do not know how to shave with this kind of shavers I will definitely take you through those few things that you should do in order to achieve a perfect shave with your Philips shaver.
- Ensure that your shaver is in perfect condition; the screen should be really smooth and the blades of your shaver should be sharp enough so that in each pass that you make hair is removed. This way you will not have to go over the same area several times hence reducing on the risk of skin irritations.
- Prepare your face; this simply means that you should wash your face with warm water and soap to make the beards soft which makes shaving a lot easier / alternatively you can just wet a towel with warm water and hold it against your beard all in all the main importance of this step is to make your beard softer and easier to shave off.
- Dry up your face and apply a pre-shave; using a dry towel you should gently pat your entire face until it is completely dry then apply an alcohol based pre-shave to make your whiskers stand up so that the shaver can be able to cut off even the shortest hairs that seem impossible to remove.
- Pull your skin behind and shave; These Norelco shavers make circular movements while shaving, so don’t worry about the contours on your face because this kind of shaver easily adapts to facial contours in the most problematic areas like the neck and the jaws. You are advised to pull your back as you shave because this will help you to achieve a much closer shaver and also make some areas on the face flat so the shaver smoothly glides along.
- Wash your face with cold water; remember before shaving you used warm water which opens up your skin pores you therefore need to wash your face with cold water so that those skin pores are closed.
- Apply an aftershave to your newly shaven face; after shaving, your skin has gone through a lot of strain and you need to apply something to calm it down, in most cases lotion and aftershave which is free from spirits and alcohol will be a good option. Furthermore this will also help to prevent your skin from running dry.
ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES OF SHAVING WITH NORELCO ELECTRIC SHAVERS:
Norelco electric shavers just like any other equipment have a good side and a bad side and before you make up your mind on using any of these shavers suggested on this list you need to know what its pros and cons are. Therefore I will be taking you through some of the reasons as to why you should / not shave with a Norelco electric shaver.
#ADVANTAGES ELECTRIC SHAVING:
- They are very fast, you do not need a lot of time juts to remove hair if you are using electric shavers because they cover wider areas, capture more hair and you do not need to go over the same area several times.
- They can be used anywhere, ever wondered why electric shavers are considered more portable than manual razors yet from their size manual razors seem more portable. The reason is because electric shavers can be carried and used in any place that you feel like.
- Even when used dry they still work effectively, you do not need all those shaving creams, lather or even water to have a clean shave. You can use them with completely nothing and you will be able to get a super close and clean shave without any irritations.
- They are more accurate on creating styles, for those of you who love trimming side burns, the mustache, goatee and many other styles the best way in fact the only way you can achieve that is by using an electric shaver.
- Less possibility of skin irritations; the blades of electric shavers are not too exposed this simply means that they do not come too close to the skin when you are shaving hence protecting you from things like cuts, nicks, red bumps, razor burns and many other skin irritations.
- They require less maintenance, come to think of it electric shavers only require blade replacement once a year, which is not only very cheap but also less tiring.
#DISADVANTAGES OF ELECTRIC SHAVING;
- Sometimes they are not safe, if you do not get a good quality electric shaver you will go through a lot of pain to get hair off as it will tug and pull which in the ends causes skin irritations.
- They are expensive, it is rare to find a quality electric shaver at a low price. Most of them come at high prices which may not suit every one’s budget. This means that they are actually not affordable to everyone.
- They are not easy to clean, unless you get one which has its own cleaning system which is also very expensive otherwise when whiskers get stuck in there it will be one hell of a time getting them out.
- Some of them may die out in the middle of the shave, because they use rechargeable batteries or either work when plugged in, the shaver may just stop even before you have a complete shave.
- They do not come as close as manual razors do, from the reviews of people who have use manual razors and electric shavers as well say that shavers cannot shave close. For those with hair that grows very fast and thick you might have to shave more often.