I have reviewed different types of Norelco shavers and majority of them do a very…
Best Philips Shavers
Philips Norelco 1190X/46 Shaver 6800 Review – Norelco Shaver Below $100
Shaving technology is actually improving every year and traditional razor-shaver are proof of that since they were replaced by modern electric-shavers which also go on improving every year. Philips is one of the companies that have offered abundance to its loyal customers over several years.
The Philips Norelco 1190X/46 Shaver 6800 is one of the best shaving-tools that will leave you with smooth and clean skin because it’s equipped with a dual-blade system that lifts hairs comfortably below the skin-level. This corded and cordless men’s shaver can automatically adjust to all the curves on the face and neck for a more comfortable and smooth shave while the active-suspension will maintain optimum skin-contact for a comfortably closer shave. All in all, this electric-shaver is liked by many men because of its impressive features compared to most shaving-tools.
- This electric-razor smoothly glides over the skin for a close and easy shave because it has a SkinGlide shaving surface hence this means that it will greatly reduce on the level of getting skin-irritation.
- You can use the Philips Norelco 1190X/46 Shaver-6800 under wet conditions for extra skin-protection or even dry in case you are in a hurry.
- This machine can be used cordless for approximately 50-minutes and this implies that it will enable someone to complete the entire shaving routine. Additionally, you only have to charge this trimmer for 1-hour which is quite a good a period of time.
- Lastly, this shaver comes with a deluxe travel-pouch and a foldable charging-stand which makes it very easy to carry while travelling.
- The first drawback about this electric-trimmer is that it’s not possible to replace the battery hence this means that probably have to purchase a new electric-shaver incase the battery of the one you are recently using gets damaged.
- Lastly, this electric-shaver is a bit bulky and it even comes with a charging-stand which actually makes it inconveniencing while travelling.
- Dual-precision heads: the Philips Norelco Shaver-6800 is built with dual-precision heads that feature slots which help to shave longer hairs and holes which shave even the shortest stubble hence leading to an incredibly close and comfortable trim.
- Gyroflex 2D Contouring Technology: the Norelco Shaver-6800 utilizes a Gyroflex 2D or two-dimensional contouring technology that enables the shaving-head to pivot in a circular motion and tilt inwards. This contour-following system also adjusts easily to every curve on the face while minimizing both pressure and skin-irritation. All in all, this shaver will result in to a close shave that is easy on the skin.
- A SkinGlide shaving-surface: like other high-end Philips Norelco shaver, the shaver-6800 also features a skin-glide shaving surface that enables it to slide smoothly over the skin for a close and easy shave even when shaving dry. With this skin-glide surface, someone will be able to minimize the occurrence of skin-irritations while trimming facial-hairs.
- Aquatec technology: the shaver’s aquatec-technology enable the user to shave wet with shaving gel or foam for extra skin-protection or you can even dry-shave for convenience especially when you have run out of time.
- Super lift and cut action technology: this amazing technology actually helps to lift hairs so that they can be cut below the skin-level for a very close shave even when trimming flat and short stubble.
- An in-built lithium-ion battery: this lithium-ion battery is capable of staying charged for up to 50-minutes of shaving after charging it for only 1-hour while a 3-minute, quick-charge option provides the user with enough power for a single, fast shave.
- A 5-level battery display: The Norelco shaver-6800 features an in-built 5-level battery display and monitor that lets the user know when the battery is fully charged and even displays a low-battery warning when incase it is time to recharge the electric-shaver.
- An advanced trimmer-attachment: the Philips Shaver-6800 comes with a skin-friendly, pop-up trimmer that features 5-length settings so that someone can trim and groom beards at any desired length. In fact, this precision-trimmer feature is ideal for grooming sideburns and mustache with optimum comfort.
- Includes useful accessories: this electric-shaver comes with a deluxe travel-pouch that helps to store the shaving-unit and its components while travelling, a foldable charging-stand which is very convenient and easy to use, a protective-cap which covers the shaving-head after trimming facial-hairs, a power-cord which is connected to the charging-stand in order to recharge the shaver and a cleaning-brush that enables you to thoroughly clean this electric-shaver after usage.
When reviewing this electric-shaver in terms of quality, it’s definitely different from any regular shaver and this mainly because it performs highly compared to any regular shaver. this electric-shaver has a rotary shaving system whereby it looks circular with dual-precision heads that are capable of trimming long and even the shortest stubble hence offering one with a quality shave which is very fine and detailed. This shaver offers a SkinGlide surface coupled with smooth edges that protect the face from friction in order to one achieve a comfortable shaving experience.
The aquatec technology on the shaver-6800 makes it very easy to use whereby you can shave-wet with shaving-cream or dry-shave for convenience. Additionally, the gyroflex 2D contouring system is a great feature that enables the shavr-6800 to adapt to every facial curve while shaving. The precision-trimmer attachment that comes with the shaver-6800 will enable someone to groom and style beards, sideburns and moustaches. On the other hand, this electric-shaver has a lithium-ion battery that can for over 50-minutes when charged for 1-hour and it even features a 3-minute shave that enables someone to shave quickly when in a hurry. On top of that, this shaver even comes with travel-pouch and a foldable charging-stand that make the shaver very easy for someone to travel with. in conclusion, the Philips Norelco 1190X/46 Shaver-6800 features many quality features and it will impress any who purchases it.
Who does it benefit?
- A perfect shaver for guys with delicate skin: the Philips Norelco 1190X/46 Shaver-6800 offers a very close shave without scratching or irritating your face. This is mainly because it’s designed with a skin-glide surface that slides smoothly over the skin while shaving in both wet and dry conditions.
- Best for guys with tough beards: the Philips shaver-6800 comes with a 5-length trimmer that offers any man with the versatility to trim, groom and style stubble, beards and sideburns. This pop-trimmer is even very easy to use whereby someone just clicks to and it pops-out or pops-back after usage. The 5 length-settings are also very easy to use and will offer you with any beard length of your choice.
What Else Do You Need?
- Philips Norelco RQ11 Replacement Head for SensoTouch-2D: this replacement head is placed onto the Philips Norelco 1190X/46 Shaver-6800 in case you notice that the shaving-head under usage has become inefficient. However, it’s recommended to replace this shaving-head after a period of about 1-year in order to maintain the shaver’s optimum performance.
- Bay Rum After-shave Splash for Men: this is an old school aftershave designed for men whereby it’s applied onto the skin after shaving in order to reduce on the irritation and infections caused while shaving. This aftershave is also lightly scented and this means that it will leave you smelling great after using it.