There is nothing that gives peace of mind like knowing your baby is safe and…
How To Live Without a Cell Phone
Today, most people may feel cut-off from the world if they lost their cell-phones or when they don’t have a cell-phone at all. In fact, most teenagers can’t live without cell-phones especially if all their friends have one. However, people can actually live without cell-phones if try to occupy their time with activities that stop them thinking about their cell-phones. On top of that, if you have access to a computer then you will be able to talk, text and even video-chat just like with your cell-phone. So, in this article we are going to look at some of the ways you can live without a cell-phone.
Using Other Methods for Communication:
- Use a landline: In case your house still has a landline, you can try using it to make phone-calls and also check your caller ID for missed calls and voicemail messages. On the other hand, if you’re out of the house, you can use pay-phones or public-phones at restaurants, stores or offices.
- Create a Google-Voice Account: Google Voice is actually a free service that allows you to have your own phone number that you can use to make voice-calls and text-messages. So, create a Google account and then click on the link that says “Get a Voice number” to get started. In fact, once you get a Google-voice number you will be able to call, text and receive voice-mails through the Google Voice website. Additionally, you can even link your Google Voice number to a Google+ Hangouts account in-order to use Emjoi and video chats.
- Text using an email address: If you have a computer, you can sign-up for a free email account so that you can send and receive text messages from your friends. If you want to send a text message to someone’s cell phone then you will need to know their 10 digit phone number and their phone carrier. For example: Alltel – 10 digit phone firstname.lastname@example.org, T-Mobile – 10 digit phone email@example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org), etc.
- Use Facebook: If you own a computer, you can actually use Facebook to call, text, email and make video and voice calls. In fact, under Facebook you will be able select and then click on the phone-icon to talking. Additionally, if you are doing a video call then you will need to use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, or Opera as your browser.
Ways of Occupying Yourself without a Cell-Phone:
- Try-out activities you enjoy: Try finding hobbies that can occupy your mind and that you find fun. These activities can be; Reading, drawing, writing, listening to music, cooking or watching movies. Additionally, you may join an after school club or extracurricular activity that you find fun so that you can socialize with other people who have your same interests. In fact, these activities will keep your mind and hands busy so that you don’t miss having your phone.
- Spend time with family and friends: Try spending time with your family and friends and consider telling them that it’s no phone zone during that time. In fact, spending alot of time on your cell-phone will provide you with less time for developing relationships with the important people in your life.
- Become a volunteer: Joining volunteering groups is a great way of showing other people that you are responsible, helpful and reliable yet it keeps you away from the cell-phone. So, try finding volunteer opportunities that match with your interests.
- Spend your time outdoors: Getting outside and exploring nature will help you have a more positive attitude and feel less stressed. So, consider going for a walk, hike or exercise outside but you can also try sitting at the park and read or hang out with a friend. This will help you to keep away from the cell-phone over-time which is good for your health.
Cell-phones are very addictive but you can live without them by doing some of the featured activities about and there are also several ways you can use to communicate to people without using a cell-phone. In fact, today most teenagers are becoming very addicted to cell-phones in that they have become disconnected to important activities and family-members and this is why parents need to solve this problem before it’s too late.