Troy-Bilt TB380ES 163cc 21-inch In Step RWD Self-Propelled Lawn Mower with Electric Start Review
The Troy-Bilt TB380ES 163cc is a 21-inch, RWD Self-Propelled Lawn-Mower with an Electric Start in order to facilitate for quick and easy start-up when going to mulch. In fact, this lawn-mower has been equipped with a powerful and dependable 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine that is capable of running efficiently for longer period of time without stopping while mulching thus enabling you to accomplish any given mulching task at hand. On top of that, the Troy-Bilt TB380ES lawn-mower features a 21-inch TriAction cutting-system that uses a specially designed blade in order to facilitate for finer mulching and it’s even capable of covering a wider surface-area when mulching while the integrated rake-bumper helps to lift grass upright for quick and easy trimming. Additionally, symmetrical-deck facilitates for superior grass-flow while eliminating clumping thus leaving your compound/yard looking very neat and uniform. Lastly, this lawn-mower features 6 unique cutting-heights that range from 1.25-inches to 3.75 inches and this actually implies that it can be used to achieve any desired grass-height while mulching. All in all, the Troy-Bilt TB380ES lawn-mower will enable you to comfortably accomplish your mulching jobs.
What We Like:
- A Briggs & Stratton engine: the Troy-Bilt TB380ES lawn-mower is actually powered by a 163cc Briggs & Stratton drive-engine coupled with push-button electric start in order to facilitate for quick and easy startup. In fact, with this lawn-mower no pull-starting is required and this actually makes it very convenient to use compared to lawn-mowers that require pull-starting. On the other hand, the engine integrated into this lawn-mower is powerful enough to keep it running until it accomplishes all the required mowing task thus making the Troy-Bilt TB380ES a perfect lawn-mower for both home and commercial use.
- A TriAction cutting-system: the Troy-Bilt TB380ES features an innovative, 21-inch TriAction cutting-system with specially designed blade in order to facilitate for finer mulching. In fact, this cutting-system is capable of trimming different types of grass and at different lengths thus making the Troy-Bilt TB380ES lawn-mower perfect for people with yards/compounds with different types of grass.
- A durable and symmetrical deck: this lawn-mower is equipped with a high-quality, durable deck that is rust-resistant and capable of passing through different terrains while mulching. Additionally, this deck features a symmetrical-design which facilitates for superior grass-flow while eliminating clumping thus keeping trimmed yard/compound looking neat and uniform.
- 3-in-1 Mowing-Capability: the Troy-Bilt TB380ES lawn-mower features a 3-in-1 design and this actually makes it capable of carrying-out several gardening-tasks like; side-discharge, mulching and rear-bagging. In fact, the 3-in-1 design makes the Troy-Bilt TB380ES a very versatile and efficient lawn-mower that can save you a lot of time and money that you would have spent on doing other tasks.
- A 1.9 bushel grass-bag: this lawn-mower is also equipped with a large 1.9 bushel grass-bag that is capable of holding a lot of grass-clippings before emptying thus saving you a lot of time that you have spent emptying mid-mow. Additionally, this bushel grass-bag is conveniently positioned just below the handle in order to facilitate for quick and easy access when it’s time for emptying.
- A single-lever height adjuster: with the Troy-Bilt TB380ES lawn-mower, you can easily raise and lower the cutting-height using the integrated single-lever height adjuster which is conveniently positioned on the handle. In fact, with this height-adjuster you will be able to achieve a desired cutting-height while mulching thus keeping your compound/yard looking neat and uniform and without any patches left behind.
- An In-Step Variable-Speed Drive System: This lawn-mower features an advanced, In-Step Variable-Speed Drive system that naturally adjusts to your speed while mowing thus facilitating for precise speed-control. On top of that, this Variable-Speed Drive system ensures that the lawn-mower delivers more traction when mowing over rough-terrain thus making the entire mowing-process very easy and quick.
- A self-propelled lawn mower: This is actually a self-propelled lawn-mower that uses a rear-wheel-drive system to propel itself around while mulching. In fact, this self-propel design makes the Troy-Bilt TB380ES very convenient and efficient to use because you will just have to direct it where to mow and it will do the rest for you thus saving you a lot of energy that you would have used pushing it.
- Durable front and rear wheels: This Troy-Bilt TB380ES self-propelled mower is equipped with durable 8-inch front and 8-inch rear wheels that can even deliver more traction and stability while mowing over rough-terrain. In fact, this wheels a large-enough to maneuver through the roughest grounds while mulching so that you can always achieve a great mowing-experience.
- A rake bumper: this lawn-mower also features a rake-bumper on the sides which helps to lift grass upright while mulching in order to ensure that nothing is left behind thus keeping your compound looking neat and free of any patches after mulching. On to top of that, this rake-bumper even prevents your feet from accessing the cutting-blades while thus making the Troy-Bilt TB380ES safe to use at home and commercially.
What We Don’t Like:
- It operates for a limited period of time because it’s a rechargeable lawn-mower: since the Troy-Bilt TB380ES is an electric lawn-mower, it will only operate for a specific period of time when fully-charged and then you will have to wait for it to get charged until next use. In fact, this lawn-mower can’t be charged when the engine is running and this actually makes it inconvenient to use compared to gas-powered lawn-mowers that can be easily refilled in order to achieve continuous operation.
- It’s expensive: the Troy-Bilt TB380ES lawn-mower is a bit expensive when compared to other lawn-mower in its category on the market. In fact, you can get a lawn-mower with almost the same features of the Troy-Bilt TB380ES but at a more affordable price.
The Troy-Bilt TB380ES is an effective, high-performance lawn-mower that is equipped with a great 163cc Briggs & Stratton engine coupled with a push-button electric start for easy and quick startup while the integrated 1-inch TriAction cutting system with innovative cutting-blades will be capable of cutting through any type of grass while mulching. On top of that, this lawn-mower features a 3-in-1 design and this means that it can be used for side-discharge, mulching and rear-bagging while the inbuilt single-lever height adjuster helps to easily lower and raise the cutting height when mowing. Lastly, this is a self-propelled lawn-mower that uses a rear-wheel-drive system coupled with an In-Step variable speed drive system which helps to naturally adjust on speed while mowing.