For long lasting performance and delicious coffee over time, maintaining your coffee makers is one…
How To Make Coffee Without A Coffee Maker – Follow This Guide
And who says coffee can only be brewed in a coffee maker? If you do not have enough money to afford a coffee maker or just in case you coffee maker breaks and you do not want to spend money going to a coffee shop, there are several other ways in which you can make you own coffee. It is not a must that every time you need a cup of coffee, you can only have it if you have a coffee maker. To make matters even much simpler for you am not going to provide with just one trick on how to make coffee without a coffee but I giving several of them so it is all up to you choose one that will be most convenient for you. Let’s get down to business……
RELATED: What Is The Best Coffee Maker
They are just about three to four things that you need and these include;
180-250ml of hot water, this depends on how many cups of coffee you want to make.
1 or 2 table spoons of ground coffee, that is approximately about 10-15ml.
Instant coffee, some methods require instant coffee not ground coffee. So prepare one or two tablespoons.
Make use of instant coffee
- Boil the water: there are several ways for you to heat your water if you do not have a coffee maker for example using a sauce pan, kettle, using a percolator or electric hot pot of using a micro wave oven. How you boil the water does not matter, the main issue is to have hot water. If you are using a microwave, water should be heat for about 1 or 2 minutes until it boils. For those that are using other machine ensure that it is set between medium to high heat and boil until your water gets ready for use.
- Put instant coffee in a coffee mug: instant coffee is prepared directly in the coffee mug. So for every 180-250ml of water, measure one or two table spoons of instant coffee.
- Add water and stir: slowly pour the hot water over the coffee as you stir so all the coffee can entirely dissolve into the water. Do not pour all the water at once because the coffee will not mix well.
- Add flavor: after mixing your coffee you can now mix in some sugar or cream or whatever else you may want to add to your coffee. Now your cup of coffee is finished.
Making coffee using a sauce pan
- Grab your sauce pan: put ground coffee in sauce pan and mix with cool water. For one or two table spoons of coffee, add 250 ml of water.
- Heat the mixture: set your stove to medium or high heat and place the sauce pan on to the stove. Keep stirring so that coffee can mix well with the water in order to come out with a well flavored cup of coffee. Make sure that the water reaches boiling point.
- Boil the mixture for 2 minutes:after water has boiled, do not remove the sauce pan, leave it on and time exactly two minutes. This will give your coffee enough time to boil but do not cover the sauce pan. Make sure you don’t exceed two minutes of boiling the coffee because it will get a weird taste or boil it for less than two minutes as it will not make thee flavor you want.
- Gently pour coffee into your coffee mug: slowly get the sauce pan off the stove so that coffee grounds remain at the bottom and carefully pour coffee into the mug. If you cannot be that careful then use a strainer to avoid coffee ground from mixing up with your coffee.
Making coffee using a filter
- This method can only make one coffee cup at a time.
- Heat the water: use a hot pot, kettle or sauce, set the heat to medium or high and boil the water. Wait until you are sure water has boiled perfectly well.
- Put coffee ground into the filter: tightly tie it with a string so that coffee grounds do not escape from the filter into the water. Also the string that you leave should be long enough for you to easily pull out the filter. To make your coffee as strong as you want, for this method it is best to use 2 table spoons of coffee and add 250ml of water.
- Put the filter filled with coffee into a mug: when you place the filter into your coffee mug, and wholly add the hot water. This method is similar to making tea using tea bags.
- Leave the filter in for a few minutes: the more you leave coffee in hot water the stronger it becomes so if you want just a light cup of coffee two or three minutes are enough but if you want strong coffee leave the coffee in for four or five minutes.
- Take out the filter: you can now hold the filter by its string to remove and enjoy your cup of coffee because it is now ready.
Making coffee using a strainer
- Boil the water: this should always be the first step when you want to make a cup of coffee. With a tea kettle or hot pot set to medium heat, heat water to boiling point.
- Measure your ingredients: make accurate quantities of your ingredients depending on how many cups of coffee you want to make. But make sure you add 250ml of water to every 1 to 2 table spoons of coffee.
- Mix water with ground coffee: first place ground coffee into the measuring cup and slowly pour water over the coffee, you do not have to use a filter.
- Leave the coffee to dissolve well for a perfect flavor:leave the mix alone for a few minutes after stir so that more coffee can come from the coffee grounds and let it steep.
- Pour coffee into a coffee mug to drink: place a strainer over your mug, pour the mixture into your over the strainer to filter off any coffee grounds.
In conclusion, there are so many other ways in which you can make coffee without necessarily using a coffee maker. Besides the methods that I have provided, you can also use a coffee press to make a really nice cup of coffee.