Janome 2212 Sewing Machine Review
The Janome-2212 an amazing entry-level Sewing Machine that features over 12 built-in stitches coupled with a 4-step buttonhole so that you can always accomplish your stitching needs well. Additionally, the sewing-machine features a free-arm and drop-feed that makes it just perfect for all types of sewing while the dial pattern-selection and stitch width/length adjustment ensure ease of use during the sewing-process.
The Janome 2212 is light in weight whereby it weighs only 13-lbs and this means that the user easily move it from one area to another. All in all, the Janome 2212 is a perfect sewing-machine for a beginner because it equipped with some of the best features and it also provided at great price.
- The Janome 2212 Sewing-Machine is user friendly especially if you’re a beginner because it features easy-to-use dial controls, it’s easy to thread and it also easy to maintain compared to high-end sewing-machines.
- This sewing-machine feels solid and durable whereby it will be under operation for several years with less maintenance or without even requiring any maintenance if handled properly. In fact, the machine is even backed by a 25-year warranty on all parts and this actually means that it’s of high-quality and durable.
- The Janome 2212 is lightweight whereby it weighs about 13-lbs and this makes it easy to carry around especially when accomplishing your sewing-projects in different locations.
- This sewing-machine very versatile whereby it be used for accomplishing all types of sewing-projects easily it’s designed with a drop-feed and free-arm.
- Lastly, the Janome 2212 is offered at great price and this makes it affordable for beginners yet it’s even equipped with some of the best basic features and it’s also durable.
- The first drawback about this sewing-machine is that it’s equipped with few of stitching-features whereby it only has straight-stitch and zigzag and this makes it perfect for stitching regular clothing and basic garment/craft construction.
- Secondly, all the stretch-stitching functions on this machine are pre-set width and length yet they can’t even be adjusted.
- This sewing-machine doesn’t also have drop feed-dog for free-motion stitching and this actually makes it a bit difficult to use especially for people used to automatic high-end sewing machines.
- The Janome 2212 doesn’t have an automatic needle-threader, adjustable presser-presser pressure and a needle up/down button. This actually means that it requires a lot of handwork which can be tiresome. In fact, if you these missing functions are so important to you, then consider buying a more expensive model.
- The sewing-machine requires a screwdriver in order to remove the snap-on shank but screwdriver is not actually included and you need to buy it separately.
- This sewing-machine can make loud-noise when sewing through thick-layered fabric but this is big-issue since most other sewing-machines tend to do so.
- Lastly, the front-loading bobbin design of this sewing-machine makes it difficult operate especially for a beginner since there will be some thread-jams until he/she gets used to turning the wheel perfectly in order to place the needle in the right-spot.
- Brother CS6000i Feature-Rich Sewing Machine Review
- Brother XL2600I Sew 25-Stitch Free-Arm Sewing Machine Review
- Michley LSS-505 Lil’ Sew & Sew Multi-Purpose Sewing Machine Review
- SINGER 4423 Heavy Duty Extra-High Sewing Speed Sewing Machine Review
- Free Arm: the Janome 2212 Sewing-machine features an easy-to-use free arm which ensure quick stitching during the sewing-process.
- Reverse Lever: this sewing-machine features an easy-to-use reverse-lever located at the front-section and this actually helps Locking stitches easily while sewing.
- Stitch Chart: there is also a stitch-chart printed at the front of this sewing-machine and this actually enables the user to easily choose from the different 12 built-in stitches when sewing.
- Stitch Selector Dial: it is equipped with an easy-to-use, clearly-labeled stitch selection dial which makes it very easy to choose the desired stitch so as to accomplish your sewing-projects perfectly.
- Drop-feed: the Janome 2212 features a drop-feed that ensures free-motion sewing and quilting so as to offer the user with quick sewing-results.
- Optional soft-cover: this sewing machine may also be included with a soft-cover in case you purchase it from an authorized store. This soft-cover is used for covering the sewing-machine when traveling or when under storage.
- Stitch-Length-Adjustment dial: with this dial, the user can easily adjust the stitch length and width whereby the Stitch-width maximum is 5-mm while the length-maximum is 4-mm.
- A quality Needle-Plate: the Janome 2212 Sewing-Machine is equipped with a wide, silver-plated needle plate that is equipped with a 5-piece feed dog and stitch-cutter for optimum sewing-results. This needle-plate it actually placed just below the sewing-machine needle.
- Four-step buttonhole: the Janome 2212 Sewing-machine also features a 4-step buttonhole which helps in the creation of holes within your buttons and other craft-accessories.
- 5-piece feed dog: this sewing-machine is equipped with a 5-piece feed dog which found on the needle-plate and this actually helps to guide or move the fabric while sewing.
- Extra high presser foot lift: the Janome 2212 features an extra-high presser foot lifter which actually enables the user to stitch or fit thick-fabric easily in order to complete his/her sewing-projects as desired.
- Push-pull bobbin winder: this sewing-machine comes with a push/pull bobbin-winder which enables the user to wind the thread onto the bobbin easily before beginning to sew.
- Snap-on presser feet: it is even designed with snap-on presser feet and these actually make this sewing-machine easy to use and maintain.
- Vertical oscillating hook-bobbin: the Janome 2212 features a front-loading, vertical-oscillating hook bobbin that makes it easy to clear any thread-jams without even removing your fabric from the sewing-machine. In fact, it even enables easy changing of bobbins without moving the fabric and this why most people prefer a vertical-bobbin design machine when doing free-motion quilting.
- Manual thread control: with the Janome 2212 Sewing-machine, the user will have to manually control the thread-tension and this is actually good feature for starters but not experts.
- Built-in thread cutter: there is also a built-in thread-cutter on the Janome 2212 and this helps to trim-off any unnecessary thread hanging around the fabric stitched and it is very useful when completing the sew any given fabric in order achieve a neat/clean finish.
- 2 spool-spins: the Janome 2212 features 2 retractable, vertical spool-pins that help to hold and guide the thread well during the sewing-process.
- Durable and long-warranty: this is a solid and sturdy sewing-machine because it features a metallic-body which will last for a lifetime. Additionally, this sewing-machine is backed by a 25-year limited-warranty on all parts but this will only be valid if the machine is purchased from an authorized dealer or store like; Amazon and other genuine stores.
- Lightweight: the Janome 2212 sewing-machine weighs only 13-lbs and this makes it so easy to transport/move especially when doing different projects in various locations.
- Dimensions and work-space: the sewing-machine features dimensions of (15.2″W x 11.6″H x 6″D) and a Work-Space of (6.5″W x 4.7″H) hence making is compact enough to fit onto any desk in order to accomplish your sewing-projects easily.
- Included accessories: lastly, the Janome 2212 Sewing-machine comes with other functional-accessories which include; a blind-foot, Bobbin, foot-control, Buttonhole-foot, Needle set, Instruction-book, Screwdriver, Seam-ripper, Vinyl dust-cover and Zipper-foot.
The Janome 2212 is a solid, premium-quality, entry-level sewing machine that will help the user fulfill all his/her sewing-needs. in fact, this sewing-machine features a stitch-chart that displays over 12 built-in stitches for the user to choose from coupled with a 4-step buttonhole which enable the create holes into any buttons or craft materials. Additionally, this machine’s free-arm design makes it easy-to-use while the reverse-lever makes locking stitches easy during the sewing-process. On top of that, the Janome 2212 features a clearly labeled stitch-selector dial that makes choosing a stitch very easy while the stitch length-adjustment enables the user to customize the stitch length and width in a preferred range.
On the other hand, the Janome 2212 has an advanced needle-plate which is equipped with 5-piece feed dog and built-in thread cutter for a quick and convenient sewing-experience. Lastly, this features a solid, metallic construction and it’s backed by a 25-year warranty on all parts in order to ensure optimum performance and long-term usage.
Who does it benefit?
- It benefits total-beginners in the sewing-industry: the Janome 2212 actually an entry-level, high-quality sewing-machine that will work for beginners since its offered at a low-price yet provides the user with all the basic sewing-features which include; 12 built-in stitches, a 4-step buttonhole, dial pattern-selection and much more. This sewing-machine is also easy to operate whereby someone can learn to operate it in short period of time.
What Else Do You Need?
- Janome Sewing Machine Universal Needle Size-11 (5-needles per pack): it is always recommended to change the sewing-machine’s needle if it becomes blunt and this is why you need to purchase this universal needle pack in order to prepare yourself during a sewing-project.
- Bobbin Box Organizer: this organizer features about 28-Bobbins which are threaded with assorted color-threads. You actually need this bobbin-box organizer in order to keep your work-area neat during the sewing-project.