Most websites today often have multiple authors working on the same article and this implies…
CREATE A WEBSITE
How to Embed Videos in WordPress Blog Posts – Short Course
Adding videos to your WordPress posts helps to bring more life and fun to your website whereby videos help to boost user-engagement on your website which is a great for SEO-optimization. In fact, embedding videos into your WordPress posts is an easy process that can be done by anyone as long as he/she follows the right steps. So, in this article I’m going to show the steps to follow in order to easily embed videos into your WordPress posts without hiring web-developer for help.
Steps on how to embed videos into your WordPress blog-posts:
WordPress is actually equipped with an a great video-embedding feature called auto-embeds whereby this feature allows WordPress to automatically fetch the embedded video-code for any video from a popular video-hosting site like Vimeo, YouTube, etc. so try to follow the steps below on how to embed videos into your blog-posts easily;
- Go to video hosting-site and copy a video-link: you will need to first go to any video-hosting site like; YouTube, Vimeo, etc and then search or select a desired video then copy is URL-Link as shown in the illustration below.
- Open-up a new-post or an existing-post: afterwards, you will now have to open-up a new-post or an existing-post by simply going the Dashboard >> Posts >> Add New if you’re opening-up a new-post as shown in the illustration below.
- Paste the video-URL into the post-editor: after opening-up your new-post, you will now paste the Video-URL into the post-editor. in fact, make sure that the Video-URL is in its own-line and hyperlinked (Not-Clickable) as shown in the illustration below;
Below is an illustration of how your video will appear in the Visual-editor;
Note: if you paste the Video-link under the visual-editor, then WordPress will immediately fetch the embedded-code and then display the video instantly within the post-editor as shown in the illustration above.
- Preview the added video before publishing your post: you may need to first click on “Preview” in order to check out the video that has been embedded into your post as shown in the illustration below;
Below is an illustration of the video running on website in preview-format. In fact, under preview you will be able to access the post-editor so that you can be able to make changes on your post and video.
- Publish the video: after making sure that your video is running properly while under preview, now go back to your post-editor and click on the “Publish” button in order to publish the post including the video onto your website as shown in the illustrations below;
Below is an illustration on how your active video will appear within the published-post on your running WordPress-website;
Note: WordPress can only perform auto-embeds for just a few white-listed video service-providers and for other video-websites you will need to obtain the embedded video-code and then paste it into your blog posts/pages. So, below is a list of some of the white-listed service providers that can be automatically embedded into WordPress;
- Speaker Deck
- WordPress plugin directory
Factors that cause failure of video-uploads on a wordpress website:
- A website on a shared-hosting account: incase the hosting-account of your website has many blogs on it then your embedded videos may take a long-time to upload since videos use a lot of server-resources. So, make sure that the hosting-account that your website is sitting-on is not having many websites on it.
- High Video-traffic: incase the video you integrated into your website posts is having a lot of traffic, then your website is most likely to crash and people won’t be able to access anything on it.
- Wrong date and time settings: incase the date and time settings on your computer are wrong, then you won’t be able to view any videos uploaded any WordPress-website or even on any other video-website because an error-message will appear in the video-section as shown in the illustration below;
- Poor internet-connection (no data-connection): in case the area you’re in is having weak internet-connection then the videos within your WordPress-website or even any other video-website may fail to upload. So make sure the internet-signal is strong enough for video to upload and also make sure that you have an active data-connection.
- Wrong/improper video-URL: if you copy a wrong Video-URL or miss a character within the video-URL, then video will not appear within your WordPress-posts and website. This is mainly because the WordPress will fail to fetch the pasted video-link and just bring up an error-message or just display the wrong video-URL.