How To Have Great Teeth
Having great or healthy teeth can actually give you a nice smile and extra confidence. There are many ways you can use to achieve a great set of teeth but most of these methods require someone to be consistent in order to achieve best results. However, if you’re reluctant when it comes to taking care of your teeth, then expect to get tooth and gum diseases which are not good when it comes to your oral health. All in all, I have featured some of the best methods below that will ensure that you get great teeth and it’s upon you to select a method that works best for you.
RELATED POSTS:- What Is The Best Electric Toothbrush
- Always brush your teeth: try to regularly brush your teeth while using a soft bristled toothbrush in order to avoid causing any oral injuries. In fact, it’s recommended to brush your teeth for 2-3 times a day in a time-duration of at least 2-minutes. When brushing, start with the bottom teeth and then move the teeth. Do the same on your top teeth but remember to thoroughly scrub your teeth and gum edges for best results.
- Chew gum in case you can: gum-chewing actually helps the mouth to produce more saliva which helps in the elimination of plaque on the teeth. However, it’s recommended to purchase sugar-free gum because gum that contains sugar escalates bacteria development leading to tooth decay. Additionally, try to take a lot of water because dehydration with the mouth can lead to a bad breath.
- Carryout flossing: flossing is a teeth cleaning process that involves using a string to clean in-between your teeth in order to stop plaque build-up around the edges of your teeth. Make sure that you floss in-between all the teeth in the mouth and it’s even recommended to floss for at least once every day but if you can, floss for 2-times a day. Likewise, remember that flossing will help to keep your teeth and gum in great condition hence you should probably start doing it.
- Reduce on the amount of sugar consumed: we all consume sugar because it’s found in things like; tea, coffee, juices and concentrated soft-drinks. But sugar is not actually good for your teeth and will just lead to tooth-decay and that’s why you should limit the amount of sugar consumed. However, eating an occasional chocolate or burger is ok but you need to brush teeth or rinse your mouth with plain-water afterwards. All in all, consuming too much sugar is not good and can actually cause sensitive-teeth if these sugars remain in the mouth for a long period of time.
- Get and use a mouthwash: purchase a good quality mouthwash and use it to thoroughly clean your mouth. In fact, a mouthwash will help to give you a fresh breath and even eliminate any unwanted plaque and other bacteria developing in your mouth. However, don’t swallow this mouthwash after rinsing your mouth because this can lead to serious health problems. Just spit out the mouthwash and you will be good to go.
- Invest in quality toothpaste: purchase or tryout different toothpastes until you find type of toothpaste that works best for you. But try to experiment on quality toothpaste brands although some of them can be expensive. Additionally, desensitizing toothpastes are good because they work effectively and even remain in contact with teeth for long.
- Visit your dentist: its recommended to visit a dentist every 6-months for check-up or cleaning your teeth in order to ensure that your oral-health is in good condition. In fact, detecting any dental problems earlier will to prevent any serious teeth and gum problems hence keeping your teeth in a great condition.
TIPS TO CONSIDER WHEN IT COMES TO HAVING GREAT TEETH:
- In case you have kids, try to encourage them to take care of their teeth by telling them the benefits of cleaning their teeth. With time, this will become part of their lives hence resulting into having great teeth.
- If you have sensitive teeth, use desensitizing toothpaste or toothpaste that helps to build-up the teeth-enamel like; pronamel or sensodyne and eve avoid brushing sideways for best results.
- Another important tip is that you should not totally cut sugar out of your diet but instead reduce on the amount time sugar spends within your mouth by brushing or rinsing the mouth immediately after consuming sugary foods.
- Always brush your teeth after each meal taken because this will help to remove bacteria from your teeth thus minimizing on the occurrence of plaque which is the major cause of teeth and gum disease.
- Consult your dentist before considering to whiten your teeth in order to know which method is good when it whitening teeth. In fact, some whitening methods or tools may weaken the teeth enamel thus making your teeth very sensitive and vulnerable to plaque or bacteria which is the major cause of tooth-decay.
- Lastly, try to thoroughly rinse your mouth with clean water after having a meal in case you don’t feel like brushing or when you are in place where it’s impossible to brush teeth. Additionally, try to take a lot water because it helps to flush bacteria out of your mouth and even keeps the mouth hydrated which is actually a good.
WARNINGS TO CONSIDER WHEN IT COMES TO ACHIEVEING GREAT TEETH:
- Brushing too much with a toothbrush that has hard bristles can actually cause damage to your teeth and gum. Make sure that you get toothbrush with soft bristles hence take your time and be picky while selecting a toothbrush.
- Immediately brushing teeth after eating an acidic-fruit, fizzy-drink or other abrasive substances can actually erode or remove your teeth enamel. So it’s recommended to first wait for about 30-minutes before brushing your teeth in case you have consumed such foods.
- Toothaches caused by tooth decay can really hurt and that is why prevention is recommended than repairing your teeth. Keeping your teeth healthy will also save you a lot of money, time and even keeps you healthy.
- In case you lose a tooth, cease brushing for a few days until the wound get healed. This is because brushing your with wounded gum can actually hurt and its recommended to just rinse your mouth with water instead of brushing until your gum gets healed in order resume brushing.