Adding a contact form to your WordPress website will enable people to contact you about…
CREATE A WEBSITE
How To Make A Niche Review Website In WordPress – Short Course
Creating an online niche website actually requires writing about your favorite products under a specific category in order to allow users of your website make a great purchasing-decision while enabling you (the owner of the website) to earn some referral-fees that are also referred to as Affiliate-commission. Additionally, there are 2 popular ways of creating a review website and these include; adding a review-section on your already existing blog and the second-way is to create a completely independent online review website. However, it’s highly recommended not to go for a highly competitive niche in order to achieve a successful review website. So, in this article I’m going to provide you with detailed steps on how to create a niche-review website in WordPress just like a Pro so that you can earn yourself some money.
RELATED POST:- How To Create a Website From Scratch
Steps to follow when making an online niche-review website:
- Buy a domain name and find a good hosting company: before start using WordPress to create your niche website, you will first need to acquire a domain-name for your website and then look for a good WordPress hosting company. In fact, some of the best WordPress hosting companies include; www.Bluehost.com and www.iPage.com whereby these 2 hosting companies are highly recommended because they provide their customers with great services and even work perfectly with WordPress.
- Install WordPress onto your hosting account: after signing-up for WordPress-hosting (iPage or Bluehost) and setting-up your domain-name, you will have to log into your hosting-account and then install WordPress onto it. So, below is a step by step guide on how to install WordPress onto a new domain name. However, if you already have an active WordPress website then just consider moving onto the next step.
Step-1: Logging into your hosting-account using the account-details provided to you by iPage or any other hosting company.
Step-2: Access the iPage dashboard and then look for a WordPress icon as featured in the picture below.
Step-3: iPage actually uses MOJO to install WordPress and you will actually notice a MOJO marketplace window after clicking on the WordPress icon in your iPage dashboard. So, just click on “Continue installation” in order to continue with your WordPress installation as seen in the picture below.
Step-4: place the domain-name of your website where you see “domain” and then leave the other space having “Directory” empty. Press the “next” button to continue with your WordPress installation up to the finish.
- Choose a perfect and responsive review-theme: after setting your WordPress website, you will now have to select a nice-looking and responsive WordPress theme. In fact, WordPress provides the user with about 3 great themes to start with but you can also find a premium niche-theme at ”themeforest.net” and after install that theme onto your WordPress account. In fact, at themeforest.net you will just have to type in the type of niche website you want to create and you will be provided with several themes that can work perfectly with your niche website.
- Free wordpress themes:
- Finding and installing a premium theme from www.themeforest.net:
Search for premium niche theme here.
Select a responsive theme like the one featured in picture below and then download it onto your computer.
Log into your WordPress account as seen the photo below.
On your WordPress dashboard, locate for “appearance” and click on it as seen below.
Click on “themes” in a drop-down menu that appears after pressing on “appearance” as seen in the picture below.
Click on “add new” in order to upload your new theme onto WordPress.
Select and install the theme-file (zip-folder) that you downloaded after purchasing your premium-theme from themeforest.net as shown below.
- Search and install a good WordPress review plug-in: before you begin writing any content and uploading any articles onto your niche website, you will need to install and activate review plug-in called “WP Product Review”. In fact, this plug-in has some free features that you can use but you may need to buy its premium-version in order to gain access to other essential add-ons. On the other hand, this review-plug-in is very easy to use and will help you stand-out in the search engine by simply adding a schema-markup (star-ratings) on your reviews as shown in the image below.
- Add a review into WordPress: adding a review into WordPress is very simple as along as follow the right procedure. So, you will need to create a new post/page in WordPress by simply locating for “Posts” or “Pages” links on the dashboard menu. After adding a new post/page, you will have to write a title in the title-bar and then fill the other remaining space with content as shown in the pictures below. However, there are other essential-settings that you will need to work-on like the “Title-tag” and “Meta-description” since these settings will enable your post/page to be recognized in the search engine.
- Add a featured image and then publish your post as featured in the picture below:
6. Create menus within your WordPress website: you will need to your pages/posts to be easily accessed by the website-users and this can actually be achieved through the use of navigation-menus and below are some of the steps you can follow when creating menus within your website.
- Access your dashboard and then click on “Appearance” as shown in photo below.
- A drop-down menu will appear and you will need to select “Menus” from the list.
- Click on the “add menu” link which is featured just below the edit-bar as shown in the picture below:
- Select the page you would like to add your menu and also remember to include the menu-title then click on the “Add to Menu” link in order to add you new-menu.
- Save and publish your menu after selecting any necessary settings as show in the picture above. In fact, after publishing your menu, your pages/post will appear in that menu as shown in the photo below.
7. Displaying your uploaded reviews in a sidebar: a plugin called “WP product review” will enable you to show the review posts in a sidebar and other widget ready areas. so, in order to add your post onto the sidebar you will need to visit your dashboard and then locate “Appearance” and after go to “Widgets” link where you will find a “Top products” widget and “Latest products” widget which are located in a list of available widgets. Below are some of illustrations on how to access your widgets in WordPress.
In fact, you will need to make certain configurations which include; selecting the number of products you want to display, product-title and image-display settings. Once your done with making any necessary settings, click on the “save” button in order to store your widget settings. Afterwards, visit your website to view the reviews widget in action as featured in the image below;
- Manipulating WordPress general settings: WordPress actually features general-settings that you will need to modify in order make your website fully functional. These settings actually include; site-title, tagline, WordPress address (URL), Email, Membership and lot more as seen in the picture below. In fact, you need to access your WordPress dashboard and then go-to “Settings” and after click on “General” in order for these settings to appear.
- Manipulating discussion settings: in WordPress, posts and pages automatically feature a comment-section at the end of the page/post and section actually enables website-users to engage in an active text-conversation or with the website-owner. However, spammers tend to use auto commenting robots that actually make your website vulnerable spam-attacks and the only way to stop spamming on your website is by disabling the comments or installing the Disqus commenting plugin onto your WordPress website. So, in order to disable comments on your website you will need to click on “Settings” then go-to “Discussion” after unselect “Allow people to post comments on new articles“. Additionally, you may also decide to select “Automatically close comments on articles older than 0-days” in order to disable the comment function on all post within your website. So, below is a great illustration on what to tick after accessing the comments-settings.
Below is an illustration of what to tick and what to leave-out when adjusting your comment-settings.
- Manipulating reading-settings you’re Home-page: when you install WordPress onto a domain, the Home-page will look just like a blog-post and this is not great for a niche website that is business or service based. So, you will have to “settings” and after click on “Reading” in order to access the home-page settings. Afterwards, you will have to un-tick “your latest posts” in order to stop latest-posts form getting displayed onto your website home-page inform of a blog. So, below is an illustration on how to make your home-page static.
In fact, when you tick on “Static Page” 2 drop-down tabs will become active just below the static-page option. These tabs feature a “Front Page” and “Post Page” drop down that enables you to select the page that you want to be in the front-position (home-page) and the posts-page enables you to select a page where you want all the blog-posts to be displayed as seen in the picture below.
- Installing other essential plugins onto your niche website: WordPress actually works with multiple plugins that can be easily installed in order to increase on the usability and capability of WordPress when creating your niche website. In fact, the most essential WordPress plugins are readily available at a free cost while other advanced plugin with several Addons are paid for. So, to install your new plugins into WordPress you will need to the “Dashboard” and then go to “Plugins“. Afterwards click on the “Add New” link that appears in a drop-down list that shows-up after clicking on “Plugins“. this will actually open up a new window showing different WordPress plugins that you can install and there is even a searching-option that you can use to type in any kind of plugin that you would love to install onto your WordPress account as shown in the images below.
On the other hand, some of the essential plugins that you will need to onto your WordPress account include; SEO Ultimate, Akismet Anti-Spam, Category Tag Pages, Share Buttons by AddThis, Disqus Comment System, Google Font Manager, Google XML Sitemaps, Post Type Switcher, WP Super Cache, VaultPress, Rel Nofollow Checkbox, WordPress Magnification, and a lot more.
CONCLUSION: all in all, creating niche-website is a bit simple because you will only specialize in writing content about a specific category/topic like running-shoes, shaver, clothing or anything else. however, creating an authority website is not an easy task because it involves writing content on different topics which are all integrated into one website but the good thing about authority websites is that the bring in more revenue than niche-based websites.