How to Add a Portfolio to a WordPress Website – Short Course
A Portfolio website enables a company to showcase its different services . Most portfolio websites can be created within WordPress because it features multiple portfolio plugins. However, since there are multiple WordPress portfolio plugins available today, I have decided to identify and focus on only 2 best portfolio plugins that will help you create a portfolio of any kind on your WordPress website.
RELATED POST:- How to Make Your Own Website from Scratch
Method-1: How to add a portfolio to your website using Nimble-portfolio plugin:
- Search and install the Nimble Portfolio plugin: another great option of creating a portfolio website is by using WordPress plugin called Nimble-portfolio. so, you will need to search of this plugin by going to the “Plugins” section and after go to “Add New” where a new window will appear in order to help you search for any WordPress plugin. Click on “Install Now” in order to install this plugin onto your WordPress account.
- Activate Nimble: afterwards, you will need to activate your installed Nimble plugin by simply clicking on the “Activate” button which appears after installing the plugin onto your WordPress account.
In fact, after activating Nimble-portfolio plugin, a new menu item labeled “Nimble Portfolio” will be added to your WordPress Admin-bar. So, you will need to visit this portfolio-item in order to start building portfolio-website page-post as shown below.
- Add a title and then select filters: you will now have to add a title of your portfolio item and after select filters. In fact, filters are like categories that allow the user to sort the portfolio-items.to do this, you need to go to the “Dashboard“, access “Nimble Portfolio” and then click on “Add Portfolio item” in order to start building-up your portfolio
Below the post-editor, you will view portfolio options and it’s from this section that you can upload images or even enter a video URL for your portfolio. In fact, the image or video selected will be viewed by visitors inform of a popup if they click on any portfolio item.
- Upload a featured image: you will now have to upload a featured image that will be displayed on the portfolio grid. afterwards, press on the publish button and repeat the same process of adding portfolio items until you fill like your portfolio-page is big-enough
Below are some of the different portfolio galleries that I created and they will be displayed on your portfolio page/post after publishing it.
- Create a page/post and then insert a portfolio-code: afterwards, create a new page/post and then enter portfolio as your title. In the post-editor of that page, copy and paste this code “[nimble-portfolio]” or you can even click on the portfolio-item icon on the menu above and then select “” as featured in the illustrations below.
Below is how to access the Portfolio-cord using the portfolio-icon in the page’s menu-bar.
The menu below will appear after clicking on the portfolio icon. So you will have to make any necessary adjustments to the settings and then click on “insert shortcode” as shown below.
Below is the inserted shortcode after pressing on “insert shortcode”. Afterwards, click on the “Publish” button on the upper right-section in order to publish your portfolio page as shown in the image below.
- Publish and Preview your portfolio page: after pressing on the “Publish” button, your page will be published instantly and now you will have to view your active portfolio-page by simply clicking on the “Preview” button on the upper-right section of your edit-window. So, below is a preview of a complete Portfolio-page running on my website.
- Navigate your portfolio page: Navigating your portfolio-page will involve clicking on different links in order to make sure they go where they are support to be and to make sure that all the uploaded images and videos are operational. So below is a simple illustration of navigating a portfolio-page on my website and I think it will provide you with a clearer picture of a well-done portfolio-page.
Method-2:Adding a Portfolio into WordPress website using the Envira Gallery plugin:
Envira Gallery is actually a responsive WordPress gallery plugin that will allow you to create beautiful and amazing image galleries and albums that responsive on all devices and screen-sizes. In fact, Envira is a premium WordPress plugin that is equipped with different features but you may need to go for any licensing plan in order to get some basic EnviraAddons that will help you create different things within your WordPress website. So below are some of the steps on how to install and use Envira gallery so that you can achieve a great portfolio website in WordPress.
- Search for the Envira gallery plugin in WordPress under the plugin-section: before you think of using the Envira gallery plugin, you will need to search for it first by simply going to the “Dashboard” and then locate “plugins”. Under “Plugins” click on the “Add New” link and a WordPress plugins market-place window will show-up. Afterwards, search for “Envira” using the integrated search button on the upper-right section of the WordPress plugins market-place window. Afterwards, the Envira gallery plugin will appear in the results as shown in the picture below.
- Install the Envira gallery plugin: after finding the Envira gallery plugin under the WordPress plugins market-place, install Envira onto WordPress by simply clicking over the “Install Now” Button which is actually located on the right-side of the ENVIRA Gallery section. After clicking on the “Install Now” button, the Envira gallery plugin will begin installing immediately as seen in pictures below.
- Activate the Envira gallery plugin: when the Envira gallery plugin gets installed on WordPress. You will need to activate it so as to make it operational by simply pressing on the “Activate” button as shown in the pictures below. In fact, after pressing on the “Activate” button, the Envira gallery plugin will be activated immediately and you will be able to start using it.
- Upgrade Envira if you want to access several Add-ons: you may need to upgrade your Envira gallery plugin to a premium version in order to gain access to several add-ons and functions. This will actually require you paying some little money in order to acquire a license-key they will provide you with access to various plugins. So you will need to go to “Dashboard” and then locate “Envira Gallery” which is located below. click on “Addons” and the add-on-window will appear showing different add-ons to install into Enviragallery but you will need to upgrade your Envira gallery to ultimate, pro, plus or basic in order to install any listed plugin as shown in the image below.
After clicking on any of the listed upgrade links above a new window will open up directing you where to make the payments as shown the photos below.
After pressing on “UPGRADE NOW” button, you will access the following plans and this implies that you should go for plan that meets your budget.
- Look for ALBUMS in the Add-ons section: after upgrading your Envira gallery to any preferred plan, you will now have to look for the “ALBUMADDON” in the add-ons section. So, you will have to access the Dashboard and then go to “Envira Gallery“. Afterwards click on “Addons” and a new window will appear showing different Envira-Addons. So, search for “ALBUMSADDON” and then click on “install Addon” in order to get it installed into WordPress.
- Create a few galleries: you will now have to first create some image-galleries by simply going to “Envira Gallery” and then go to “Add New” in order to add any desired images. In fact, you find 2 options for uploading images which include “Native Envira Gallery” and “External gallery” as featured in the photo below.
- Add a gallery title and then select images: afterwards you will need to give your first gallery a title and then click on the “select files from computer” button to upload any images on your computer or click on the “select files from other sources” in order to choose files/images from your WordPress media library as show in the picture below. On the other hand, you can even just drag and drop the photo-files into this upload section which is actually very simple and precise.
Below is an illustration of images that have been inserted into a new Envira gallery.
- Publish your gallery: after making any changes to the settings of your gallery, you will now have to publish your gallery so that it can be used in any post or page within you WordPress website. In fact, pressing on “publish” button will just create a short cord that you can always put into your posts, pages and template files.
- Create different galleries: a good portfolio can actually be achieved by creating different photo-galleries which are meant to serve each section in the portfolio section. So below is an illustration of different photo galleries before inserting them into a portfolio.
- Start creating your portfolio: in order to achieve a achieve an amazing portfolio, you will need to use different image-galleries that you created earlier and then simply drag and drop and drop these galleries into your album as featured in the pictures below. So you will need to visit “Envira Gallery” go to “Albums” and after click on “Add New” Button.
- Configure your album: after you have added photo-galleries to your album, you will now need to click on the “config” tab so that you can be able to configure how the album will display the photo-galleries in the portfolio section.
- Publish your portfolio: ounce you’re done with setting-up your album, you have to click on the “Publish” button and your portfolio-album will now be ready to be used on any page/post within your WordPress website. So, create a new post/page or just open an already existing page/post and then click where you want to display your portfolio-album. In fact, on the post-editor screen there will be an “Add Album” button that you can easily click in order to add a portfolio-album.
- View your portfolio page: after editing your post/page and adding the portfolio-album links into them, press on the “Publish” button and you will now be able to preview your portfolio page-post in action. Additionally, you can always edit or configure your album in order to change the portfolio display settings so as to achieve attractive result.RELATED POSTS: