Best Kitchen Appliances
Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Induction Heating Pressure Cooker Review
The Zojirushi NP-NVC10 is a 5-1/2 cup induction heating pressure rice-cooker and warmer which very intelligent and of high quality compared to most pressure-cooker. In fact, this pressure-cooker is designed with advanced fuzzy logic technology coupled with artificial-intelligence and this actually enables this pressure-cooker to learn and adjust the cooking cycle so that the user can achieve perfect results every-time while cooking.
Additionally, this rice-cooker-cooker will automatically choose from the 3 pressure-settings according to the menu selected in order to achieve best cooking results. On other hand, this pressure-cooker comes equipped with other quality features which include; a platinum-infused non-stick cooking-pan, superior induction heating-technology, multiple cooking-functions, an interchangeable melody and beep signal which indicates the end of the cooking cycle, an automatic keep-warm function and a pressure control-valve which ensures optimum safety while cooking. All in all, this is good pressure rice-cooker and warmer that will ensure that you get quick and delicious cooking results.
- This pressure rice-cooker can actually cook a wide variety of rice types so that you can always enjoy your favorite rice dish. This means that you can prepare brown-rice, sushi-rice, mixed-rice, porridge-rice, GABA brown-rice and other rice dishes using this pressure-cooker and warmer.
- This pressure rice-cooker is also equipped with 3-different pressure setting according to the menu selected so that the user can be able to achieve the best cooking results.
- The Zojirushi NP-NVC10 pressure-cooker comes equipped with AI fuzzy, logic-technology which allows this rice-cooker to learn from the past cooking-experiences and to adjust the cooking-flow in order cook rice perfectly.
- This rice-cooker is even equipped with several safety-features so as to ensure that the user enjoys safe cooking. These safety-features actually include; a pressure-control valve, a back-up safety valve, inner lid-filter and a pressure-indicator on the control-panel which locks the lid during pressure-cooking.
- Lastly, the Zojirushi NP-NVC10 also comes with several useful features which include a rice-spatula, spatula-holder and 2 measuring-cups for regular rice and rinse-free rice.
- The first drawback is that this pressure-cooker is not versatile whereby it was designed to cook rice and congee only but you can actually use it to cook other foods because you may clog-up the filters and vents of this cooker. Additionally, this pressure-cooker even lacks a steaming function which is very crucial-feature for preparing foods.
- Secondly, this rice-cooker is a bit difficult to clean after usage and it even tends to spill and sprout-out water from the top-section while cooking.
- Lastly, the coating of the inner cooking-pan of this rice-cooker will tend to peel-off after a short period of time even though you handle this cooking-pan with great care.
- Zojirushi Ns-Lac05xt Micom 3-Cup Rice Cooker Review
- Hamilton Beach Digital Simplicity Rice Cooker And Steamer Review
- Aroma Professional 12-Cup (Cooked) Digital Rice Cooker Review
- Panasonic SR-G06FG Automatic 3.3 Cup Rice Cooker Review
- A Platinum-Infused Nonstick Inner Cooking-Pan: The nonstick coating found on the inner cooking-pan is infused with platinum-particles and platinum actually alkalizes water poured into inner cooking-pan which helps break-down the protein on the rice-surface thus making it easier for the water to penetrate through the rice-grain. Additionally, the enhanced gelatinization helps to bring-out the sweetness of rice so that the user can always enjoy better tasting rice.
- AI Fuzzy Logic-Technology: The Artificial-Intelligence technology allows this pressure rice-cooker to learn from past cooking-experiences and to adjust the cooking-flow in order to cook rice properly. Because of this technology, the Zojirushi NP-NVC10 can cook rice to the same consistency either in summer or winter season when water and room temperatures are drastically different. Additionally, with the AI-technology this rice-cooker will also remember the capacity of rice you cook most often and then select the ideal cooking-flow from the first-stage of the cooking process. In fact, it is the microchip which does all the thinking for you by simply adjusting the cooking time and temperature, setting a precise amount of pre-soaking time of the raw-grains and time for the final-wait period during steaming.
- Induction Heating (IH) Technology: the IH-technology actually transforms the entire inner cooking-pan into a heat-conductor hence allowing for higher, precise and more uniform cooking-temperatures. In fact, this Induction-Heating technology takes the Zojirushi rice-cooker to a new level by literally introducing another dimension to the heating-process.
- Umami Setting: The Umami-setting found on this rice-cooker helps to soak rice before cooking it longer than the regular white-setting. In fact, during the extended soaking-time, the sugar contained within rice is slowly released-out into water and when the rice-cooker begins to cook this rice, the sugar that is released into water re-attaches itself onto the surface of the rice-grains hence making the cooked-rice taste sweeter. Additionally, the Umami-setting even helps to extend the steaming-time at the end of the cooking-cycle. On the other hand, you should also know that Umami is considered to be the 5th-flavor along salty, sour, sweet, and bitter. In fact, Umami is described as savoriness and also comes from the Japanese word meaning good-flavor or deliciousness.
- Steam-Reduce setting: this setting helps to reduce steam up to 50-percent of the regular-setting. In fact, the Rinse-Free setting can be used along with the Steam-Reduce setting. However, you cannot choose Steam-Reduce when cooking sweet or mixed rice because this will make the rice-texture slightly harder than Regular.
- Scorched Setting: the Zojirushi NP-NVC10 also features a scorched-setting which helps to lightly toast the bottom of rice in order to create a crispy-texture. However, this is a separate setting that cannot be combined with other cooking-settings. Additionally, it’s recommended to consume rice immediately if you used scorched setting to prepare it.
- Automatic Keep Warm: This pressure rice-cooker can automatically switch to regular Keep-Warm when cooking is completed. This keep-warm feature will help to keep cooked-rice at an optimal serving-temperature for up to 12-hours.
- Extended Keep Warm: the extended keep-warm function helps to keep cooked-rice warm at a lower-temperature than with the regular Keep-Warm function while minimizing drying and yellowing of rice. In fact, it is recommended to switch to Extended Keep-Warm in case you want to keep rice warm for a longer period of time.
- Reheat Function: the re-heat function takes about 5-8 minutes to reheat rice kept warm under Regular or Extended Keep-Warm so as to bring temperatures closer to immediately after-cooking.
- Keep Warm Monitor: The Zojirushi NP-NVC10 features a lid-sensor which detects how many times the lid has been opened and for how-long then it calculates the amount of rice left inside the inner cooking-pan. The rice-cooker will then calculate how-much heat is required to keep rice at an ideal keep-warm temperature. Additionally, this keep-warm monitor will even alert the user by simply beeping for 4-times at intervals of 10, 40 or 70 minutes after cooking rice is completed and the lid has not yet been opened so as to encourage the user to fluff rice in order to release excess-moisture. On top of that, the Zojirushi NP-NVC10 rice cooker will also beep 4-times in case the lid is left open for over 5-minutes in order to remind the user to close the lid. However, both beeps will not sound in case this rice-cooker is set to a silent-mode.
- LCD Control Panel: this pressure rice-cooker is designed with an easy-to-read LCD control panel which features a clock and timer. This will enable the user to set for desired cooking time and even monitor the cooking temperature and time during the rice-cooking process.
- Detachable Inner Lid: The Zojirushi NP-NVC10 comes equipped with an inner-lid which is detachable and washable for easy cleaning.
The Zojirushi NP-NVC10 is an advanced, induction-heating Pressure Rice-Cooker and Warmer which uses pressurized-cooking and AI (Artificial Intelligence) to cook rice perfectly. In fact, this pressure rice-cooker will automatically select from the 3 pressure-settings depending on the menu selected so that the user can always achieve the best cooking results. On top of that, this rice-cooker and warmer even comes with a nonstick inner cooking-pan which helps to change water quality enables rice to absorb water easily for best tasting rice. On the other hand, this pressure-cooker even has other amazing features which include; multiple cooking-functions, interchangeable melody and beep signal in order to indicate the end of the cooking-cycle, an automatic keep-warm function, detachable stainless-steel inner lid, a pressure-control valve, an inner lid-filter and an LCD control panel. In conclusion, when it comes to rice-cooking, then the Zojirushi NP-NVC10 Pressure Cooker will consistently produce tasty and evenly cooked rice yet its present cooking-function makes it easy to cook almost any type of rice.
Who does it benefit?
- Great pressure-cooker for people who like preserving cooked rice for long-periods: the Zojirushi NP-NVC10 pressure rice-cooker works perfectly for people who want to keep food fresh for long periods of time and this is possible because the pressure-cooker is equipped with an automatic keep-warm and extended keep-warm functions coupled with reheating cycles. Additionally, it even features a delayed-timer which allows the user to preserve cooked rice for up to 24-hours in advance.
What Else Do You Need?
- Inomata Japanese Rice Washing Bowl: this is a high-quality, white rice washing-bowl with side and bottom drainers. This bowl will actually help you to thoroughly clean rice and even remove any dirty-water before you begin the cooking process.
- Inomata 1150 Rice-Paddle: this paddle actually helps the user to stir through the rice during the cooking process in order to distribute water and to remove excess moisture. Additionally, you can even use this rice-paddle to serve rice after cooking it.