Baratza Virtuoso – Conical Burr Coffee Grinder Review
The Baratza Virtuoso is a great Conical Burr Coffee-Grinder that features a classic-style coupled with a consistent, quality grind. The Baratza Virtuoso actually is equipped with professional grade conical-burrs which perform a consistent and fine grind. Additionally, these burrs can even grind your coffee-beans to a coarse-level for a perfect French-press. On top of that, this grinder has a powerful DC-motor which provides a smooth and consistent grind while keeping the beans cool even during extended grinding periods while a combination of electric and gear speed-reducers helps to slow down the burrs up to 450-rpm thus ensuring a smooth grind with reduced noise, heat and static build-up.
It even has a pulse button at the front which allows the user to grind directly into a filter-basket while the 60-second timer makes it easy to monitor and control the grind-time. All in all, the Baratza Virtuoso is an awesome burr-grinder will ensure consistent grind for both coarse and fine grinds in order to achieve a perfect cup of tea
- This grinder features wide-range of grind-settings that are even very precise and accurate. In fact, the Virtuoso has over 40 distinct grind-settings that enable the user to create quality coffee from espresso to French-press.
- The Virtuoso coffee-grinder provides a smooth and consistent grind because it’s equipped with 40mm steel conical-burrs which are capable crushing through any type of coffee-beans for perfecting your French-press and espresso.
- This coffee-grinder creates less noise when grinding the coffee-beans and this is mainly due to a high-efficiency motor that is very powerful and spins at slow rate resulting into a cool and quiet operation.
- It features a nice and elegant design whereby the Baratza Virtuoso has a sculpted metal-top and base which gives it beautiful and elegant design which adds quality to your kitchen counter or coffee-shop table.
- This grinder tends to get warm incase the timer is left to run for long period of time hence heating-up the machine and this affects the natural flavor of the ground-coffee.
- The Baratza Virtuoso can become messy during the grinding process whereby the excess grinds tend to drop all over the countertop and onto the top exterior of this unit.
- The other weakness is that you need turn the whole unit (coffee-grinder) upside-down in order to empty the hopper because this grinder lacks a removable-hopper. This is actually irritating for people who use the machine for multiple purposes or grind on demand for the best flavor.
- The grind-fineness actually shifts after removing and replacing the burr for service. This means that you have to use an expert technician each time you are servicing the machine burrs.
- Breville Bcg820bssxl The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee-Bean Grinder Review
- Kitchenaid Kcg0702er Burr Coffee Grinder Review
- Baratza Vario 886 – Flat Ceramic Coffee Grinder Review
- Breville Bcg820bssxl The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee-Bean Grinder Review
- Rancilio Hsd-Roc-Sd Rocky Coffee Grinder Review
- Commercial-Quality Burrs: the Virtuoso is equipped with 40mm conical-burrs which can grind coffee at 1.5 to 2.4 g/sec depending on the grind-setting selected. In fact, these conical burrs can create a very uniform grind across the grinding-range making the Virtuoso burrs exceptional for espresso, drip, manual-brewing methods and Press-Pot. Additionally, these burrs feature a precision mounting system which ensures a stable platform for accurate grinding. Likewise, these conical-burrs are very durable and stay sharp for many years and are also easily removable with no tools making cleaning very easy and quick.
- Gearbox: Baratza actually introduced the second-generation Gearbox system in 2012, with this Gearbox (GB 2.0), the Virtuoso Baratza has significantly increased the strength and durability of the drive-transmission while decreasing noise. In addition, this new drive-gear is made of 15-percent glass filled with thermo plastic which it quieter than the previous metal-gear, wears better and it’s even more shock-resistant.
- Large Hopper: this coffee-grinder is equipped with an 8-ounce hopper and a 5-ounce ground bin and this means that the user can make plenty of coffee with just one-flip of the switch.
- 40 Grind-adjustments: the Baratza Virtuoso Coffee-grinder is designed with over 40 grind settings whereby the user can easily adjust from a fine-setting for espresso to coarse-setting for French-Press. In fact, the grind-range is from 250 to 1200 microns.
- It supports brewing-methods: The Baratza Virtuoso is a great all around grinder whereby it can do anything ranging from manual brewing to espresso.
- Great design: The exterior of Virtuoso is just as finely-tuned as its interior. This coffee-grinder features a sculptured metal-top and base which gives it an expensive and elegant look that adds a sense of class and quality to your kitchen-counter and coffee-shop workspaces. Additionally, the Virtuoso coffee-grinder has an enhanced anti-static design which minimizes messy coffee-dust which usually develops when grinding.
- A powerful motor: the Baratza Virtuoso grinder features a powerful and high-torque DC motor which effortlessly drives the burrs when grinding the coffee-beans. In fact, this motor turns slowly resulting into a cool and quiet operation that permits for long grinding duty-cycles. Additionally, the circuitry is equipped with an automatic-resetting thermal cutoff switch.
- Speed Control: with this unique speed-control, the Virtuoso uses a combination of gear and electronic speed-reduction to control the rotation of the burr to up to 500RPM. In fact, the electronic speed-controller is adjustable from 405 to 495 RPM which is actually a great for user-conditions that require modification of the speed.
- Calibration: the Virtuoso coffee-grinder features an innovative burr-calibration system which virtually eliminates grind-variation and ensures identical-performance from each grinder. In fact, if necessary the coffee-grinder can be user-calibrated for best results.
- Timer Switch: The Virtuoso is designed with a 60-second timer with segmented graphics for easily repeatable grind-times.
- Portaholder: there is replacement for the grounds-bin that holds the espresso portafilter for hands-free grinding directly. This portafilter also ensures easy clean up after using the coffee-grinder.
- Pulse button: This grinder is also equipped with a front-mounted pulse button which makes it easy to grind directly into an espresso brew-basket.
- Hopper extender: this is an extension that can add up to 9oz. of capacity to the existing 8oz. bean-hopper. In fact, several extenders can be added to achieve the capacity that you need.
- Esatto: this accessory helps to transform the Virtuoso into a grind by weight-grinder. This means that the user can set the weight he/she wants and then the Esatto does the rest weighing the ground-coffee to within +/- 0.2g while grinding and stops automatically.
The Baratza Virtuoso is a quality, professional-grade grinder that is equipped with conical-burrs which ensure a consistent fine or coarse grind of coffee-beans. this grinder has a strong and efficient DC-motor which ensures a smooth and consistent grind while keeping the beans cool even over extended grinding-times while the combination of electric and gear-speed reducers help to slow the burrs to a 450rpm in order to ensure a smooth bean-feed with reduced noise, heat and static build-up. The Baratza Virtuoso even has a 60-second timer with segmented graphics and this ensures repeatable grind-times
On the other hand, this coffee-grinder is well-built with a great design whereby it features a convenient front pulse button which allows for direct grinding into an espresso filter-basket. Additionally, this grinder great metal top and base which gives it an elegant and classic appearance perfect for any modern kitchen-counter or coffee-shop. In all in all, the Baratza Virtuoso grinder will actually offer you with function, elegance and style.
Who does it benefit?
- Great for people in need of quality and functional coffee-grinder: the Baratza Virtuoso is high-quality, high-performance grinder because it has been professional-grade conical-burrs and an efficient DC-motor which make it capable of grind your coffee-beans smoothly and consistently for both coarse and fine grinds. On top of that, this grinder features a well-sculpted metallic top and base which makes it very durable with an expensive and elegant appearance.
What Else Do You Need?
- Aeropress Coffee and Espresso Maker: this is actually an awesome kitchen-appliance that will enable the user to quickly and easily create coffee. Additionally, the Aeropress can also operate as an Espresso-Maker so that you can enjoy a fine cup of coffee.
- Hario Coffee Paper Filter: this paper-filter will enable the user to filter coffee from the grinds during the preparation process or when pouring coffee into the mug/cup.