The KitchenAid KCG0702ER Burr is a well-built and durable Coffee-Grinder that was designed to ensure…
Rancilio Hsd-Roc-Sd Rocky Coffee Grinder Review
The Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky is great coffee-grinder that is suited for both an average household and coffee house. This coffee-grinder features over 55 different grind-settings to choose from when grinding your coffee-beans yet it is even fairly quiet although it equipped with 100-wat motor which is very powerful. Additionally, this grinder features a great design and it is even built with high-quality materials which ensure long-time use.
In fact, this coffee-grinder’s casing is very sturdy and the burr-grinder is also designed to ensure precision when grinding coffee. All in all, the Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Coffee Grinder is an ideal kitchen-appliance for coffee enthusiasts looking for better control when grinding the coffee-beans.
- This Rancilio Rocky Coffee-Grinder features a large hopper that can handle up to 0.65lb of coffee-beans at a time and this actually a higher amount compared to any other average coffee-grinder. The capacity of holding a lot of beans at a time is very advantageous because it prevents the user from constantly re-refilling the hopper during the grinding process hence saving you a lot of time and energy especially in the morning.
- The Rancilio Coffee-Grinder is designed with over 55 grind-settings and these are actually far higher than the 18 grind-settings found on other coffee-grinders. In fact, with these 55 grind-settings, the user will be able to make wide selection ground-coffee texture ranging from a course to the finest grinds.
- This coffee-grinder is also fairly quiet compared to other grinders on the market. In fact, the Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD is equipped with a powerful and quiet, 166-watt motor which capable of grinding even the hardest coffee-beans.
- The Rancilio coffee-grinder is also built to last for a long period of time because it’s made-up of high-quality materials. In fact, this grinder has a solid and sturdy casing coupled with a strong burr-grinder than can grind coffee with precision.
- The Rancilio coffee-grinder is significantly bigger in size than any average burr-grinder. In fact, this coffee-grinder takes up a lot of table space and this means that you must prepare enough in your kitchen for storing this coffee-grinder. Additionally, the bulkiness of this coffee-grinder can actually be frustrating for most people used to smaller coffee-grinders.
- The other weakness about the Rancilio is the coarse grind-setting which is not that prefect and this means that you will not be able achieve real or perfect French-press grind when using this coffee-grinder.
- The location of the power-switch makes it difficult to handle the portafilter and to operate the coffee-grinder at the same time.
- Breville Bcg820bssxl The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee-Bean Grinder Review
- Kitchenaid Kcg0702er Burr Coffee Grinder Review
- Baratza Vario 886 – Flat Ceramic Coffee Grinder Review
- Breville Bcg820bssxl The Smart Grinder Pro Coffee-Bean Grinder Review
- Baratza Virtuoso – Conical Burr Coffee Grinder Review
- Quality Grinding Burrs: The Rancilio Rocky Coffee-Grinder is equipped with tempered steel grinding plates/burrs which rotate at super-slow speeds in order to prevent heat build-up which can easily damage your perfectly roasted coffee-beans. In fact, these burrs can grind coffee to a fine-powder or course-grind in just seconds and even capable of grinding up to 7.7lbs per hour. Additionally, these 50mm steel grinding plates/burrs are of the same construction and quality like other Rancilio commercial coffee-grinders.
- High-performance motor: This coffee-grinder features a 166-watt direct drive motor which is extremely powerful whereby it spins at 1725-RPM’s when grinding the coffee-beans. Additionally, this motor is even insulated to prevent overheating so that the user can achieve perfectly ground and flavored coffee. On top of that, this powerful motor keeps the grinder quiet during operation which is also an added advantage.
- 55 grind-settings: the Rancilio is designed with over 55 grind-settings whereby the user just needs to make twist on the grind-dial in order to select a desired grind-level. Additionally, the ultra-fine threading offers the user with the versatility of going from espresso to drip and to French-press coffee brewing or any other type in-between. Likewise, the micrometric adjustment ensures constant-precision in setting in order to achieve desired particle size.
- Tinted bean hopper: The coffee-grinder even comes with a tinted bean-hopper which holds just over 1/2 a pound of whole-bean fresh coffee that is ready to be ground in order to meet your demands.
- Metal removable-fork: The Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky coffee-grinder features a metal removable-fork which helps to hold the portafilter in place so that coffee can be ground directly into your portafilter for added convenience. This actually facilitates for hands-free operation which is required for any high-grade grinder.
- A collection tray: The collection tray that comes with the Rancilio Coffee-grinder prevents the ground coffee from being dispersed around the appliance during the grinding process. Additionally, this tray is easily removable to ensure quick and simple clean-up.
- Thermal-protection device: in case the grinding mechanism jams or becomes overheated, the thermal-protection device will automatically shut down the coffee-grinder in order to prevent damage to the motor or the grinding-mechanism. This will actually help to minimize on the occurrence of accidents or damage when using the Rancilio to grind your coffee-beans.
- Safety-features: Safety was also put into consideration when developing this coffee-grinder whereby the grinding-elements were designed to prevent rocking and torque.
- It comes in a doser or doserless variety: with a doser version, the user will have the ability to tap-out the right amount of coffee-grounds into the portafilter and then go straight to the espresso-machine in just mere seconds. But with the doserless version, the user will have more manual-control over the amount of coffee-grounds to deliver to a preferred filter or carafe.
The Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky is a commercial-quality Coffee Grinder that has been packaged with great features and functionality in order to provide the user with perfect cup of coffee every time. First of all, this grinder is designed with over 55 different, grind-settings which can easily be selected with just a press of a button coupled with 50mm burr grinding plates which have been crafted out of the finest tampered steel in order to perfectly grind coffee to a fine-powder or coarse-grind in just seconds. Additionally, this grinder features a 166-watt direct drive motor which is extremely powerful, quiet and even spins at 1725 RPM’s.
On the other hand, this grinder is equipped simple controls whereby the user can easily change the grind-setting with a simple unlock of the lever and a quick-spin of the bean-hopper. On top of that, it even comes with a tinted bean hopper which is capable of holding up to 1/2 a pound of whole-bean coffee to prepare it for grinding. In fact, the Rancilio Rocky Coffee-grinder is capable of grinding up to 7.7lbs per hour in order to keep-up with you coffee needs or demands. This grinder is even designed to prevent rocking and torque during the grinding process and it even features a thermal-protection device which shuts it down to prevent damaging the motor or grinding-mechanisms incase overheating occurs or anything else bad happens. In conclusion, this coffee-grinder is an ideal appliance for a coffee-enthusiast looking for better control when grinding the coffee-beans.
Who does it benefit?
- Works for people in need of as home or professional-grade coffee grinder: the Rancilio Rocky is actually an entry-level professional-grade grinder that is suitable for use in any average home and even a coffee-house or cafe, this is because its equipped with only great features which include a tinted-hopper with a 0.66lb capacity, 55 grind-settings with a variable adjustment control, a 166-watt motor, 50mm commercial-grade grinding burs and this grinder can even grind directly into the portafilter hence facilitating for hands-free operation.
- Perfect appliance for those looking for a strong and durable coffee-grinder: the Rancilio HSD-ROC-SD Rocky Coffee-grinder is actually built to last because it is made of high-quality materials. This grinder actually features a steel outer-casing which is very durable coupled with stainless-steel grinding-burrs which are very sturdy and capable of crushing through any type of coffee-beans.
What Else Do You Need?
- Rattleware Latte Art Milk Frothing-Pitcher: this is a 20-Ounce Frothing Pitcher that will help the user heat-up his/her coffee during the preparation process.