Whether you're searching for a Cordless , Upright , Lift-Away or a Commercial vacuum cleaner;…
5 Best Backpack Leaf Blowers 2019 – Review
A leaf blower is more powerful and efficient when it comes to removing leaves as compared to the brush or hand rakes. They will finish the job in time without almost any effort required.
These blowers have mounted units within a handheld wand to collect the leaves. They are worn at the back just like you would a backpack bag and most of them are gas powered allowing you operate it without any cords limiting your movement and so on. On this list I have featured 5 Best Backpack leaf blowers for the year 2019– check them out below:
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2019
- Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower – Check price on Amazon******** contains a maximum air volume of 510 cubic foot per minute and then a maximum air speed of 215 MPH
- New Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc Gas Powered 2 Cycle Backpack Leaf Blower 208 MPH – Check price on Amazon*****is built with an air injection-centrifugal air cleaning technology and also handles that are adjustable for comfort
- Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle Gas Backpack Blower – Check price on Amazon***** is constructed with a stop switch that will reset to ON and also dampeners for low vibrations
- Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower – Check price on Amazon*****contains up to 4 independent suspension strings and an extremely powerful heavy duty padded straps and back pad
- Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower – Check price on Amazon*****is constructed with a powerful and fuel efficient 75.6cc engine and a quiet operation 74 dB(A)
- What Is The Best Leaf Blower
- What Is The Best Electric Leaf Blower
- What Is The Best Lawn Mower
- What Is The Best Cordless Drill
- What Is The Best Garage Door Opener
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A BACKPACK LEAF BLOWER?
- Powerful motor unit: what you should know is that the motor in any type of a leaf blower will provide it with its driving force to operate. This is because it is able to determine the amount of blowing speed that the leaf blower will have. So the more the motor performs then the more amount of fuel it will be able to consume. However there are some models that have a powerful motor and yet at the same time have a fuel efficiency system and they are the best. So make sure you first check out the motor of the leaf blower before you buy one.
- Variable speeds: the best leaf blowers are the kinds that are able to provide variable speeds to the user for a length of time. This is because the leaf blowers that have an infinite number of speed settings found on them have the ability to provide a customized power that is required to match the job to be done. The ones that have power dials are not very adjustable but however are much handier as compared to the models which only one constant speed.
- Power source: now this power source is in relation to what kind of fuel your leaf blower will be using like electric or gas powered. Now if you decide to choose an electric leaf blower then you will have to determine if it contains the right amount of charge for it to run the entire time during operation or whether there is a power outlet nearby your working area or if it’s long enough for you to continue your job flawlessly. Then if you are to choose a gas powered leaf blower then you should know that they do require a strong hand to rev up the engine. Then you should also always calculate the appropriate amount of gas that is required to cover the entire place to be cleaned.
- Design: this is another feature that shouldn’t be under looked when buying a leaf blower as it is equally essential. The most common types are the ones that contain a soft grip handle so that the user can have a comfortable operation always. In the case of the backpacks, you should look out for the ones with padded straps and pad backs plus even wide straps as they will keep you very comfortable while you carry it causing minimal stress to the back and shoulders especially. If you also want to vary your blowing speed then you should buy a leaf blower with an adjustable tube. Finally on the design feature make sure that you also buy leaf blowers that have a lightweight construction and a compact size that is not under or oversized as well.
- Sufficient air flow: now the air flow refers to both the volume that is measured in cubic feet per minute and then the velocity that is measured in MPH and they are very important when buying a backpack leaf blower. However you should be very careful not to put all your trust on just a single measurement or even the other while comparing the leaf moving ability. This is because there are other external factors that might impact the performance of the leaf blower like for example the shape of the discharger tube and then the nature also as well.
5 BEST BACK PACK LEAF BLOWERS ON THE MARKET – 2019 REVIEW
1. Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower
- Engine displacement 58.2cc
- Dry weight of 22.6 lbs
- Air volume up to 510 CFM
- Genuine OEM Echo part
- Maximum air speed up to 215 MPH
- 70 dB(A)
- 5 x 12.9 x 19.3 inches in measurements
Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower is one of the most powerful and efficient backpack leaf blowers you will come across. First of all is that it is constructed with an engine displacement of 58.32cc which is a common threshold as it will determine whether you country will tax it or not. But first the engine displacement of this Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower refers to the swept volume of all the pistons that is inside the cylinder in a single movement from top dead center to bottom dead center of a reciprocating engine that is specified in centimeters. Another great performance of this backpack is through the high amount of air volume that is up to 510 CFM. This means that for every minute you use this Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower, up to 510 cubic feet of air will be released from the tube of the blower every minute. This is the kind of air volume that is able to clean every kind of debris especially the leaves and the grass clippings. At the same time you will be able to quickly get the work done through the 215 MPH of maximum air speed which means that is the rate at which the air is able to escape from the end of the tube. Now let me tell you about the noise level of this Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower which I rated at 70 dB which is the unit of measurement that is used to gauge the power as well as intensity of the sound. This 70dB of noise is very good because it is much lower than the ones that are higher and therefore you will be able to use this leaf blower even in communities with restricted noise levels. Another great feature of this Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower is its low weight which is at approximately 22.6 lbs only making it easy to carry around while cleaning without feeling a lot of stress on the body especially shoulders and back. Finally in the same way, the size of this leaf blower is also very compact with measurements of 18.5 x 12.9 x 19.3 inches which allows you carry it without feeling like its over-sized.
- Very effective: this Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower is one of the most effective backpack leaf blowers that you will find. This is because when powered on and in use, it is able to blow every kind of leaf be it wet, dry, piled up and so on from the walkways and yards with very little effort from the user. It won’t only stop at blowing the leaves but even the grass clippings after your lawn has been mowed. This kind of effectiveness will save you a lot of time from having to go over the same area over and over without any much result especially when using the low quality leaf blowers.
- Easy startup: the startup of this Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower is quiet really simple even if you are using it for the first time because there are not technical steps to follow or even waiting too long for it to startup. So when it’s cold, all you require is one or two pulls using the throttle and then if its war. You won’t really need the throttle to pull it to start.
- Minimal vibration: another great pro of this Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower is that it contains very minimal vibration when it’s put to use. This is a very important and healthy aspect considering that it is going to be placed at your back where the spinal cord is aligned and strong vibrations are not healthy as they can lead to complications in the future. Another advantage of this minimal vibration is that, it will allow the leaf blower to use less energy as compared to the ones that use stronger vibrations.
- Comfortable: this Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower is made with quality materials that make it very comfortable while it’s placed at your back. It is built with the ability to contour to your back and then with good materials that wont press hard on the body causing stress but rather they are comfortable for daily use.
- Can’t be restarted while at the back: the main problem that is found with this Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower is that when it goes off you will have to first take it off the back and then restart it and then place it back on the back. This can be very time wasting and inconveniencing especially when you are in the middle of leaf blowing.
2. New Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc Gas Powered 2 Cycle Backpack Leaf Blower 208 MPH
- Gas powered
- Air injection- centrifugal air cleaning technology
- Adjustable handles
- X-torq engine
- Commercial Grade Air filter
- Size of 22 x 21 x 21 inches in
- Weight of 25.8 pounds
- 208 MPH
- Wide shoulder straps
Here is an improved New Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc backpack leaf blower that is very high when it comes to performance. It rarely disappoints when it comes to blowing leaves regardless of how dry, wet or piled up there really are. Its powerful ability has been created so it can meet every single demanding job. First of all, its air tube is very large allowing it to produce a high amount of air with a maximum of 208 MPH. this together with the high air speed is bough about through an efficient fan design along with a powerful X-Torq engine. This kind of engine is highly recommended by experts because it will minimize the harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% and then increase the fuel efficiency by up to 20%. Another amazing feature constructed on this leaf blower is the air injection which is basically a centrifugal air cleaning system that has the ability to remove larger particles of dust and debris before reaching the air filter. The advantage of this feature is that at the end of the day, you will have a minimized cleaning of the air filter and then it will improve the life span of the engine as well. You will also find a commercial grade air filter that is designed to provide a much longer operating time as well as trouble free use. This commercial grade air filter contains a 2-stage intake of air filtration best for times when you are operating it in dusty conditions. When you are shopping, a backpack it is very important that it contains a comfortable handle to reduce on the stress and that is why this New Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc backpack leaf blower contains an adjustable handle that will allow you have a high level of comfort and then another feature is the harness that is constructed with wider shoulder straps so they can hold you perfectly.
- Air cleaning system: this is one of the few New Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc backpack leaf blower that is constructed with a very powerful cleaning system that is called the air injection-centrifugal air cleaning system that is designed to easily do away with larger dust and debris particles before they reach the air filter of the backpack leaf blower. This is important because it will help to lessening the air filter cleaning as well as an improved engine life so that it can always work efficiently and effectively at all times.
- Adjustable handles: the fact that the handles of this New Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc backpack leaf blower are adjustable means that they will be able to fit every single user of all. This is because all you have to do is adjust it well till it fits you perfectly and this is the only way you will be able to achieve superior comfort for as long as you have it on your body. Another advantage about this handle is that they are really wide in size so that they contour your shoulders well.
- X-torq engine: the kind of engine found in this New Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc backpack leaf blower is the x-torq engine type which is one of the very best engines a leaf blower can use. It has the capacity to minimize any sort of harmful exhaust emissions by up to 60% and then also maximize the fuel efficiency by up to 20% as compared to other engine types.
- Extremely powerful: the ability for this New Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc backpack leaf blower to quickly clean up the entire place is very powerful. This is because it is able to output a high volume of air and even speed allowing it to be able to blow all the leaves and other grass clippings from the walkways and yards. It is also able to lift up other dusty particles including some stones and then get it out of the way.
- Easy to startup: the startup process of this Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc backpack leaf blower is very simple requiring you to only pull it once and then it will instantly startup. At most you might have to pull it twice in case it failed with the first pull and this makes it very easy to use and save time.
- Loud: unfortunately many clients that have purchased this Husqvarna 580BTS 75.6cc backpack leaf blower have had complaints about its noise being so loud. So this might not be a very god option for most people that stay in communities with noise restrictions.
- Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc 2-Cycle Gas Backpack Blower
- Air speed up to 250 MPH
- Low vibration dampeners
- Variable speed throttle
- 50 cc engine
- Ventilated, comfortable and load reducing harness
- Powerful x-torq engine
- Hip belt
- Stop switch resets to 0N
- Efficient fan design
- Wide shoulder straps
- Dimensions of 15 x 20 x 50 inches
- CARB complaint
- Weight of 22.5 pounds
- 2 year consumer warranty
Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc Gas Backpack Blower is designed mainly for the use by homeowners and also commercial applications that are light and not very heavy. So if you fall in this category then you have this popular 50cc mid-sized range that contains some features like the powerful x-torq engine. This type of engine is very effective when it comes to lessening the harmful exhaust emissions so that you get to enjoy an increased power as well as a better fuel economy. This will not only protect the environment but also save you from high fuel consumption while using this backpack leaf blower. This kind of powerful engine also allows the user to startup the leaf blower and it comes with a combination of an efficient fan design that has the ability to provide a high air speed and air flow that is able to eliminate all kinds of debris including mainly leaves, clippings from grass, paper and other dust residues. The harness of this Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc Gas Backpack Blower has been constructed with an ergonomic design to ensure high capacity and a lot of simplicity to use. This ergonomic design involves a padded harness as well as a hip belt that is shaped so as to fit perfectly every single contour on the user’s body especially the back and shoulders. The feature that impressed me most about this Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc Gas Backpack Blower was the low vibration dampeners professionally constructed on it and then placed between the engine and the chassis with the sole purpose of allowing the leaf blower produce lesser vibrations while being used. Then there is also the variable speed throttle feature that contains a cruise control that can be set to provide easier handling. Finally is the stop switch control that performs through automatically resetting to the ON position so that the starting process is quick and easy.
- Powerful engine: this Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc Gas Backpack Blower operates using the x-torq engine which is very powerful and will provide a high level of efficient at all times. However the major pro to this engine type is that it is able to lessen the harmful exhaust emission to allow you have an increased power and also a fuel economy. This engine also works alongside an efficient fan design that has the ability to deliver a high air speed as well as air flow.
- Stop switch: if you are always looking for a simple and easy setup then you will have to buy a backpack leaf blower like this Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc Gas Backpack Blower which is designed with a stop switch that has the ability to automatically reset to the ON position so you can have a very easy startup. This way you will begin to clean immediately without having to wait too long to startup the Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc Gas Backpack Blower.
- Variable speed throttle: this Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc Gas Backpack Blower is built with a variable speed throttle that comes with a cruise control to allow the user be able to set it to various speeds depending on the task at hand and this way you will be able to have a very easy handling of the leaf blower air speed and air volume.
- Comfortable harness: the harness of this Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc Gas Backpack Blower is made using high quality in a way that it has been ergonomically designed with a padded harness and also a hip belt that is shaped to fit all the contours of the user. This harness is also very comfortable as well as ventilated so that air can easily pass through allowing your skin to breathe well. It also has a wide shoulder straps and a hip belt that will assist you be able to reduce on the load.
- Heavy: this Husqvarna 150BT 50.2cc Gas Backpack Blower is unfortunately very heavy with up to approximately 5 pounds. This weight is quiet stressing especially when you have to carry the leaf blower for quite some time while blowing the leaves. Even the elderly, young and some other people will feel the weight of this leaf blower and it will cause a lot of stress on the body leading to pains.
4. Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower
- 4 independent suspension springs
- Extra heavy duty padded straps and back pad
- 200 MPH at tube tip
- Extremely powerful 900 cubic foot per minute airflow
- Powered by 64.7cc
- Kawasaki 2 cycle engine
- 9 pounds in weight
- 5 year commercial warranty
Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower is another powerful backpack blower that has quite a number of features like the 64.7cc Kawasaki engine. Now first a 2 stroke engine or 2 cycle engine like this Kawasaki engine refers to a kind of internal combustion engine that completes a power cycle using 2 strokes in an up and down movement of the piston during only one crankshaft revolution. This means the starting process will be much quicker as compared to the 4 stroke engine that requires up to 4 strokes of the piston in order to complete a power cycle. This same engine is able to provide an amazing air flow of up to 900 cubic feet per minute at approximately 200 mile per every hour at the tube tip of it being used. This means that it will be able to eliminate all the leaves, cut grass and along with any other debris allowing you enjoy cleaning and living in a clean place. One of its remarkable features is the 4 independent suspension springs that is designed to assist protect the user from engine vibration which is not healthy especially when the vibration is very strong and yet you have a wide area to clean. Another great feature is found on the straps that are constructed with heavy duty strap pads and also back pads that will lead to an increased comfort of the person operating it. Now most backpacks are known for being quiet heavy and luckily this Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower is one of the lightweight backpacks that you will come across with only a total weight of approximately 20.9 pounds. This will minimize on the stress on the body that is caused by carrying heavy leaf blowers for long. Finally this Maruyama comes with some of the best manufactures warranty that is up to 5 years.
- Suspension springs: this Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower is not just constructed with one or two independent suspension springs but four independent suspension springs. Now these springs are designed to help protect the user of the backpack leaf blower from any form of engine vibration. So this means that even when you are operating this leaf blower at the highest speed, you will be protected from the vibrations from the engines and this way you won’t have to worry about the disadvantages of engine vibration on your body.
- Powerful engine: with this Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower, you will get the privilege of using one of the most powerful engines found on a leaf blower which is the 64.7cc Kawasaki 2 cycle engine. With this kind of engine, all you require is two strokes which move in an upward and downward movement in order to complete a power cycle. So this means you will start up the engine pretty much easy and quicker as compared to the engine types that do require much more strokes like 4 strokes.
- Heavy duty straps: the kind of straps that have been placed on this Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower are constructed with heavy duty materials that will make them long lasting and then also very comfortable to the user. The straps have been padded with soft pads that are also breathable so that it allows movement of air so that you remain comfortable. In the same way, the back material is also padded allowing you have a maximum level of comfort while you clean your surroundings.
- Excellent powerful airflow: this Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower operates with up to 900 cubic foot per minute airflow which is extremely very powerful. This is very important because it means that the user will be provided with an incredible airflow that is able to make the entire process very clean and then precise. With this airflow you will be able to remove every kind of debris that is unwanted like the leaves that are really much during the fall along with other grass clippings and so on.
- No stop switch to reset to ON: while reviewing this Maruyama BL85-T 900cfm Backpack Leaf Blower I didn’t find it to have a stop switch that has the capacity to rest to on. This means that once it goes off, you will have to go through the entire process again of switching it on and not just make a shortcut through the stop switch that turns to ON instantly saving you a lot of time.
5. Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower
- Large capacity air filter
- Powerful and fuel efficient 75.6cc engine
- Padded shoulder straps
- 4 stroke commercial duty engine
- Ventilated back panel
- High air volume (526 CFM) and air speed (195 MPH)
- Mechanical automatic engine decompression
- Easily accessible oil filling port and drain
- Soft grip and cruise control lever
- Quiet operation 74 dB(A)
- 3 x 19.7 x 14.8 inches in dimensions
- 6 pounds in weight
Finally we have this Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower that is powered by a 75.6cc of commercial duty 4 stroke engines that entails no fuel mix and yet is able to provide up to 80 minutes of an incessant operation on a 64 oz. fuel tank. A 4 stroke cycle like in this case is basically an internal combustion engine in which the piston completes up to 4 separate strokes while turning a crankshaft. The full travel of the piston along the cylinder in either direction is known as a stroke. What impressed me about this backpack leaf blower is that it has a very low oil and fuel consumption as compared to very many other models. If you require a leaf blower for commercial duty or even just a home owner then this is the right tool in performance as it contains a maximum air speed of up to 195 MPH and the a maximum air volume amounting to 526 cubic foot per minute. One of the features is the decompression system that is created to make sure that the user has an easy starting and then also that the oil filling and drain plug are without difficulty accessed for maintenance. This is one of the few leaf blowers with an air filter with a very larger capacity that is constructed to improve dust control and then also extend the life of the engine. The straps are quiet really wide in size and the back panel is padded to ensure the user has a very comfortable use. The fact that this Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower is lightweight means that you will be able to easily maneuver and control it around without much effort. The best part about the operation of this Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower is the low noise level of 74 Db(A) which lets you operate it peacefully unlike the other models that produce a lot of noise that can even almost be deafening.
- Comfortable use: this Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower is able to provide the users with a very comfortable use at all times. This is due to the padded shoulder straps as well as ventilated back panel that comes with a lumbar support to allow you be able to have a better user comfort. These pads will make sure the leaf blower softly leans on your body and then contours it well so that you don’t feel any sort of discomfort regardless of how long you have it on while cleaning.
- 4-stroke commercial duty engine: this is one of the 4 stroke commercial duty engines that i can proudly recommend to people searching for a leaf blower. This means that the internal combustion engine through which the piston completes up to 4 separate strokes while turning a crankshaft. Through this you will enjoy the benefit of using a reliable and extremely powerful engine that has a very long life span.
- Large capacity muffler: this Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower is constructed with a larger capacity muffler that is created to make certain that there is a very quiet operation 74 dB(A). This means that even in communities with a noise restriction law, you will be able to use your leaf blower especially during the fall and enjoy the quietness from it. Am not saying it is entirely noiseless but yes as compared to the other models, this is much quieter.
- Soft grip and cruise control lever: another pro of this Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower is found through the soft grip feature that is designed to allow it produce very minimal vibration and then the cruise control lever is created to allow the user have a minimal operator fatigue always.
- Quiet heavy: the total weight of this Makita BBX7600N 75.6 CC 4-Stroke Backpack Blower alone without any gas or fuel placed in it is approximately 6 pounds which can even get heavier when you place in fuel. So this weight can be quiet a burden to a number of people causing a lot of stress especially to the shoulders as it weighs down the body.
****OUR BEST CHOICE*****
Echo PB-580T Backpack Blower
WHAT MAKES ECHO-PB 580T BACKPACK LEAF BLOWER OUR BEST CHOICE?
- 215 MPH of maximum air speed
- 510 Cubic foot per minute of maximum air volume
- Low noise 70 dB(A)
- 2cc of engine displacement
- Easy maintenance
- Compact size
- Genuine OEM Echo part
- Easy operation
- Simple startup
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’Best Backpack Leaf Blower’’. Bookmark this post for quick reference.