If you are looking towards removing loose paint, grime, dirt, mold, dust and even cleaning…
5 Best Pressure Washers 2018 – Review
A pressure washer is a high pressure automatic sprayer that is used to remove loose paint, dust, dirt, mud, grime and mold from the surfaces as well as objects like concrete surfaces, buildings and vehicles (some use them to wash cars because of the high pressured water released by the jet). An essential pressure washer usually consists of features like a motor that is used to drive the high pressure water pump, then a trigger gun style switch and a high pressure hose. It is quite important to have this machine in your home because it will save you lots of cash if you do the cleaning by your self other than hiring a cleaning company. On this list I have featured 5 Best Pressure Washers for the year 2018 – Check them out below:
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2018
- Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer – Check price on Amazon *********popular for its dual detergent tanks and five quick connect spray tips
- SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S 3100 PSI at 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer – Check price on Amazon is built with a downstream detergent injection system, a power boost technology and Honda GC190
- Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5 AMP Electric Pressure Washer – Check price on Amazon constructed with an on-board reel, Total Stop System and then 5 quick connect spray tips
- AR Blue Clean AR390SS 2000 psi Electric Power Washer – Check price on Amazon is built with a pro-style spray gun, 4 quick connect nozzle tips and then an integrated 48 oz detergent tank
- Generac 6922 2,800 PSI, 2.4 GPM, Gas Powered Pressure Washer – Check price on Amazon is built with a Generac OHV horizontal-shaft engine along with 4 quick change nozzle tips
- What Is The Best Gas Pressure Washer
- What Is The Best Electric Pressure Washer
- What Is The Best Commercial Pressure Washer
- What Is The Best Lawn Mower
- What Is The Best Leaf Blower
- What Is The Best Laser Level
- What Is The Best Cordless Drill
- What Is The Best Garage Door Opener
- What Is The Best Commercial Pressure Washer
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A PRESSURE WASHER?
- Capability: one of the first things you should look out is the capability of the pressure washer which is through the amount of its output in terms of pounds per square inch (PSI) as it will determine the kind of tasks it will handle efficiently. Now the light duty pressure washers are rated below 2000 PS1 and they are designed mainly for smaller tasks like cleaning siding, cars, patio furniture, decks, sidewalks, fences and driveways. Followed is the medium duty washers that are almost like the small duty pressure cleaners with a difference of cleaning perfectly decks, fences, patios and siding. However if you want a pressure cleaner that performs well for most cleaning tasks like prepping surface for painting, second story buildings, small areas like sides and larger ones like driveways then you need to choose the heavy duty pressure washers that range between 2900 and 3300 PSI. Finally is the extra heavy duty or rather professional duty pressure washers that are able to provide 33000 and more PSI and is able to handle various tasks of other machines however providing additional power for paint prep.
- Features: the more features on a pressure washer the better especially if the features a key aspects leading to its performance. Let’s look at some of the best features;
- Interchangeable nozzle tips: this is created to determine the pressure and flow and so you should be informed that the tips that contain narrow sprays deliver more pressure but less coverage. Then the ones with wider sprays deliver greater coverage but at a low pressure and remember there are other low pressure tips that are created for detergent application.
- Interchangeable wands: you should look out for this feature because they are preset for various cleaning types and this way you only have to change then wand instead of adjusting the nozzle tip.
- Triplex and axial cam: which are just basically the two types of pump and the axial cam is more popular on majority of pressure washers as they are created for the homeowner use. It also has an advantage of being maintenance free in order to simplify operation while the ones designed for commercial use have the triplex pumps that have a much longer lifespan as well as higher efficiency.
- Adjustable wands: lets you change the pattern of the spray from higher pressure to lower pressure with switching the nozzle tip
Some other features include the onboard detergent tanks, rotating nozzles and so much more you will see in the article.
- Maintenance: you have to properly care for your pressure washer so it can last longer and operate efficiently. So you should know that the maintenance does vary from model to model and then also a gas powered pressure washer needs a lot more maintenance as compared to an electric model, including air filter, spark and oil plug changes
5 BEST PRESSURE WASHERS – 2018
- Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer
- Powerful 14.5 amp/1800 watt
- Dual detergent tanks
- 5 quick connect spray tips
- Total stop system
- 76 GPM
- Full 2 year warranty
- Safety lock switch
- Rear wheels
- 34 inch extension wand
- A garden hose adapter
- A needle clean-out tool
- 35 foot power cord with GFCI protection
- 31 pounds of weight
- 9 x 13.5 x 15.6 inches of dimensions
Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI Electric Pressure Washer is the final tool that you need for fighting all kinds of dirt. This is because it is able to undertake a diversity of cleaning tasks in homes, cars, buildings, driveways, trucks, patios and so much more! Its performance includes a high level of versatility and power especially through its 1800 watt/14.5 AMP motor. Another powerful feature is through the water pressure that is able to produce up to 2030 PSI along with 1.75 GPM of water flow so that you achieve a maximum cleaning power. It also features a dual detergent tank system that makes it very consistent. This is because it is able to carry and then store two different types of detergent concurrently in its dual 0.8 liter onboard detergent tanks. All you have to do is conveniently switch to the different detergents using the detergent selection dial. Another advantage of these dual tanks is that they can be removed from the unit for easy cleaning and disposal so you have a simple maintenance. You will find a 34 inch extension spray wand that is created for assisting you easily access the areas that are hard to reach like undersides of an automotive vehicles, 2-story buildings and lawn tools. The feature that excited me most about this pressure washer is the five quick connect spray nozzles that lets you be able to tailor the pressure output in 0°, 15°, 25°, 40 and soap. This way you can be able to interexchange the nozzles so as to quickly go from a high pressure 0 degrees pencil point jet then to a low pressure 40 degree fan spray. If not you can apply detergent to the surface for cleaning using the soap nozzle for additional cleaning power. The total stop system (TSS) trigger performs through automatically shutting off the pump when the trigger is not engaged and this way you will be able to save energy and extend the life of the pump. Finally for easy portability especially around your yard, you will make use of the rear wheels
- Safety lock switch: with this Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI Electric Pressure Washer, safety is considered as a very important aspect and that is why it is built with the total stop system trigger on it. This total stop system trigger operates through automatically shutting down the pump when the trigger is not engaged in any sort of operation. This is important in a way that it will help you thus save a lot of energy especially when you automatically forgot to turn it off then it is also very significant in prolonging the lifespan of the pump.
- 5 quick connect spray nozzles: finally while using this Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI Electric Pressure Washer you will be able to tailor the pressure outputs of the spray so as to match all you’re cleaning tasks. The output ranges between 0 degrees, 15 degrees, 25 degrees, 40 degrees and soap that will allow you tackle from light jobs to medium and heavy duty ones as well with very minimal efforts required. All you have to do is quickly interchange the nozzles from a high pressure of 0 degrees pencil point jet then to a low pressure of 40 degree fan spray. On the other hand you can just apply detergent to the cleaning surface with soap instead of the spray nozzles so as to achieve additional cleaning power.
- Dual detergent tanks: whereas majority of the pressure washers are constructed with a single detergent tank, this Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI Electric Pressure Washer is different as it has up to two detergent tanks. These tanks are 0.9 liters onboard and they can easily be removed but they can carry and even store two different detergents at the same time so as to take care of the different cleaning projects to be done.
- Connection piece slightly loose: the piece that is supposed to make the connection to the water hose is unfortunately quiet loose and thus it doesn’t make a very tight seal leading to water wastage. It is constructed using plastic material that you have to be very careful with not to break it. So make sure that while you are making the connection, you tighten it well before you turn on the water to clean
2.SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S 3100 PSI at 2.5 GPM Gas Pressure Washer
- Downstream detergent injection system
- 3100 PSI
- Heavy gauge frame components
- Powerboost technology
- Honda GC190 engine
- 5 quick connect nozzle tips
- 25-foot x 1/4-Inch MorFlex high pressure hose
- On-board accessory storage
- M22 connectors
- 10 inch premium pneumatic tires
- Safety lock-out
- Pro-style spray wand
- 5 GPM
- 25 x 21 x 34.75 inches of dimensions
- 65 pounds of weight
SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer is the kind that is created majorly for homes and shops allowing you be able to clean-it-yourself and achieve top performance and yet with very low investment made. One of its performances that makes it the best is its simplicity to use and high reliability especially while cleaning outdoor furniture, decks, house siding, patios or even prepping home exteriors for painting. One person alone is enough to transport it from place to place due to its lightweight construction and compact design while using the 10 inch pneumatic tires designed for easy mobility. The kind of engine found on this SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer is the Honda OHC engine that is made using only high quality materials that are constructed for optimum performance allowing it to remain reliable even in the harshest environments. It is also able to provide a quick startup always and is very consistent. What makes it very efficient and reliable is the 187cc, 4 stroke technology with an overhead cam/overhead valve and a uniblock construction that has the ability to minimize on the fuel consumption. The OEM technologies axial cam pumps with a patent pending power boost technology that it features is created to bring about a higher pressure at the nozzle so that you have a greater impact and cleaning routine. The thermal relief system helps protect the pump of this pressure washer from overheating while the precision ground and highly polished steel pistons will provide it with a long lifespan. Then the 5 pro-style quick connect nozzle is what will allow you achieve any kind of cleaning task easily while the siphon tube lets you have a simple detergent application. Finally, this pressure washer has been 100% functionally tested on the factory and it might have very low residual fuel or fuel scent.
- 5 pro-style quick connect nozzles: now, in this SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer, you will find up to five pro-style quick connect nozzles that have been created for the most effective cleaning task. Your job will be to switch between the different spray nozzles depending on the kind of dirt that you want to remove and you will achieve total cleanliness in minutes. These quick connect nozzles make using this pressure washer very simple and quick as well. This 5 pro-style quick connect nozzles range between 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and finally soap that will allow you easily apply the soap on the cleaning surface.
- Highly reliable and efficient engine: the engine is a very important aspect when it comes to the power of a pressure washer and in this case, this SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer is built with a very reliable and efficient engine. The type of engine is the Honda GC190 OHC engine that includes a very easy startup, 187cc and a 4-stroke technology. You will also find a compact combustion chamber, uniblock construction that is designed to lower on the fuel consumption and it also features an overhead cam design.
- Thermal relief system: it is very significant for a pressure washer to have a thermal relief system so that the pump is able to remain cool at all times even when it has been used to clean a wider surface area. This is because this thermal relief system has the ability to protect the pump from overheating while it’s being used.
- High pressure nozzle: through the power Boost technology that is found on this SIMPSON Cleaning MSH3125-S Gas Pressure Washer, you will be able to enjoy a higher impact as well as cleaning performance. This is because the pressure released is so strong to eliminate even the most stubborn of all debris easily without you trying too hard.
- Low quality rubber: now on the nozzle there are some rubbers that are placed on it that serves the main role of holding the five spray pattern nozzles but it is almost useless and most times it doesn’t deliver that role. This is because the inside the diameters of the rubber grommets are meant to hold tightly the nozzle are actually rather large and won’t secure the nozzles properly. This way because the nozzles are not held tightly, they will fall and scatter all over the ground and you will have to repeat the process again.
3. Sun Joe SPX3001 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5 AMP Electric Pressure Washer
- Total stop system or TTS
- 5 quick-connect spray tips with 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and soap
- Onboard reel
- Powerful 14.5 AMP/1800 watt motor
- 20 feet high pressure
- 20130 PSI/1.76 GPM
- 6 fluid ounce detergent tank
- 5-foot power cord with GFCI protection
- 2 year warranty
- A needle clean-out tool
- 5 x 16.5 x 14.4 inches in dimensions
- Lightweight with17.6 pounds
- CSA approved
Here is another Sun Joe ultimate dirt fighter and it is the SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer that provides a very powerful performance when under pressure allowing you be able to tackle all your tough cleaning at home, outdoors and even auto cleaning projects with a lot of simplicity. So first it has been built along with a powerful 1800 watt /14.5 AMP motor that is able to produce up to 2030 PSI of water pressure along with 1.76 GPM of water flow so that you have utmost cleaning power. Just like the formerly reviewed pressure washers, this Sun Joe SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer contains 5 quick connect spray tips ( 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and soap) that will allow the user be able to customize the through adjusting the spray in order to suit the cleaning task at hand with pressure. Its detergent tank is extremely large as compared to the other models with this one being able to accommodate up to 40.6 fluid ounce onboard. This way it will remove all the debris without you having to constantly keep refilling it making it one of the best pressure washers for blasting dirt and debris. The extension spray wand measures 34 inches and it also has real wheels that perform through ensuring top maneuverability and easy access to the very tight spaces like behind the grills, patio furniture, beneath decks, gutters, heavy gardening tools and undersides of automotive vehicles as well. The TSS (total stop system) performs through automatically being able to shut off the pump once the trigger is not engaged and through this it will be able to save a lot of energy and then also extend the life of the pump as well. While the onboard reel performs in a way that it will keep the 6 m high pressure hose in an organized way so that you have a quick and simple clean up plus storage every time.
- 5 quick connect spray tips: these spray tips include 0°, 15°, 25°, 40° and soap which you can easily switch between so as to accomplish the light, medium and the heavy duty cleaning tasks that you have to operate. This is a lot better than the pressure washers that only have one or two spray tips that are not enough to remove all the different kinds of dirt including the extremely stubborn ones.
- Ultimate dirt fighter: when it comes to removing dirt, you don’t have look further than this Sun Joe SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer that is able to render you with high power and great performance at the same time. Through this efficiency, this pressure washer is able to simple eliminate road tar, insect splats from the cars, tree sap, heavy mildew, rust strains, splats from cars, oil and so many more stubborn yard, grime and garden gunk’s that you could be having.
- Automatic shut off: this Sun Joe SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer is built with a technology known as the Total Stop System that is designed to operate through automatically being able to turn off the pump once the trigger is not being engaged. This way it will then save energy that could have been wasted if the pump is not and yet not being used and then again it is significant when it comes to prolonging the lifespan of the pump.
- Maximum maneuverability: this Sun Joe SPX3001 Electric Pressure Washer is built with a 34 inch extension spray wand along with rear wheels that have the ability to provide maximum maneuverability and very easy access especially to the tight spaces like under the decks, behind the grills, gutters , patio furniture and finally the undersides of automotive vehicles and so on. This way you will be able to clean every single place with a lot of ease and maintain a thoroughly clean surrounding.
- Meant for less intensive tasks: this Sun Joe SPX3001 Pressure Washer is an electric-powered pressure washer and that means that it won’t be more intensive as compared to a gas-powered pressure cooker. So if you are mainly doing cleaning jobs that are not highly intense then this pressure washer will be do the trick but if you have extremely tough cleaning ahead especially over a large area then it won’t deliver that effectively as compared to a gas powered pressure washer.
4.AR Blue Clean AR390SS 2000 psi Electric Power Washer
- Pro-style spray gun
- 4 Quick Connect nozzle tips
- Integrated 48 oz detergent tank
- 2000 PSI
- 14 Amp/1.6 HP universal motor
- 30 inch high pressure hose
- 35 inch power cord with auto-reset
- Functional pressurized hose reel
- Quick-coupler nozzle fitting
- Electric powered
- 17 x 38 x 16 inches of measurements
- 56 pounds of weight
AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Power Washer is probably one of the top durable, reliable and powerful washers that has ever been made by its company and that is why we have chosen it among our best pressure washers to date. Its cleaning power arises from the 14 Amp/1.6 HP universal motor along with the tri-axial pressure washer pump that has the ability to provide up to 2000 PSI at a 1.4 GPM of an adjustable cleaning power. This way you will be able to easily and quickly blow up the dirt, grime and mold so as to show off a fresh clean look. Some of the features includes the total stop system or TSS that performs through automatically shutting off the washer once the trigger isn’t engaged therefore prolonging the life of the pump and then there is also the powerful 4 different quick connect pressure washer nozzles that are divided into the red or 0°, the green or 25°, the turbo/rotary nozzle and finally the black or low pressure spray soap that is created to automatically turn on the detergent tank so as to allow you have a easy detergent application when you are cleaning. With this pressure washer, you will also find a new professional style pressure washer gun along with a zinc steel pressure washer wand that contains a quick connect nozzle fitting on it. There is an onboard detergent 48 oz tank located on this pressure washer that will allow you have plenty to clean a place without having to always keep filling it. The swivel garden hose adapter is made using high quality aluminum material and it measures up to 30 inches. While the power cord measures 35 inches and it contains an auto-reset GFCI module that will make it easy to use.
- Powerful cleaner: I mentioned earlier that this AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Power Washerso far one of the most powerful pressure washers from this particular brand and that is not just hearsay but confirmed by experts. It power is made possible through the 14 AMP/1.6 HP universal motor plus the tri-axial pressure washer pump that is able to provide 2000 PSI at 1.4 GPM of cleaning power that can be adjusted so as to instantly clean off all the dirt, grime and mold so as to reveal the fresh clean look before it was covered by the dirt.
- Stop system: this is a pro that should be considered highly when you are buying a pressure washer if you want it to prolong the life of your pressure washer. So this total stop system is constructed to assist you in cases when you forget to shut of the pump by automatically shutting it off when the trigger is not engaged and this is how you can be able to prolong the life of the pump.
- 4 different quick connect nozzles: whereas the pressure washers that we have so far reviewed above have 5 different quick connect pressure washer nozzles, this particular AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Power Washer has only 4 different quick connect pressure nozzles which is enough to provide thorough cleaning to the surface. These include the red or 0°, the green or 25°, the turbo/rotary nozzle and finally the black or low pressure spray soap. Now the low pressure spray soap is created to automatically activate the detergent tank so as to apply the detergent on the surface to be cleaned and this way you will have a very easy and quick cleaning.
- 48 oz detergent tank: this AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Power Washer is constructed with a 48 oz tank that is strictly for putting in the detergent alone so as you have a very easy detergent application while you clean. Through this tank, you won’t have to stop and first apply the detergent but rather have a nonstop cleaning process that will take a lot lesser time.
- Soap wastage: unfortunately the dispenser of this AR Blue Clean AR390SS Electric Power Washerwastes a lot of soap within a very short period. Even when you decide to adjust it to the lowest setting it will still be able to release like a pint of soap from the dispenser in approximately a two minutes range. In the long run this will lead to a lot of soap wastage and making it somehow costly.
5.Generac 6922 2,800 PSI, 2.4 GPM, Gas Powered Pressure Washer
- Integrated ½ inch gallon detergent tank
- 4 Quick change nozzle tips
- Cushion grip handle
- 4 GPM
- 25 foot high pressure hose
- Gas powered
- Generac OHV horizontal-shaft engine
- 10 inch never flat wheels
- 4 x 18.8 x 24.4 inches of dimensions
- 57 pounds in weight
- 2800 PSI
Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer is developed majorly for the medium duty residential cleaning jobs especially like siding and decks. It features 4 quick change nozzle tips that include 0°, 25°, 40°, and then finally a devoted nozzle tip that is created for the application of soap to the cleaning surface. Now interestingly, each of these nozzles is able to snap on quickly so as to lessen on the downtime between the cleaning tasks. On the other hand the powerful Generac OHV horizontal shaft engine is what caught my attention most about this Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer as it is able to provide it with maximum performance for cleaning. Its horizontal shaft engine lets it be above the ground while at the same level as the engine and that is how the connection of the hose will be instant without any struggle. This horizontal shaft engine is much better than the vertical shaft engine which requires the hose connection to be made beneath the engine and a lot harder to reach. The spray gun is ergonomically designed and it contains a cushion grip as well as a trigger that is very easy to pull helping you be able to lessen fatigue and better the comfort while finishing your cleaning assignment. The integrated ½ inch gallon detergent tank acts as a supplementary advantage as an onboard storage tank that keeps the detergents that are required to clean especially the very stubborn stains. The pressure hose which is 25 foot high is able to make connections to the back of the spray gun so as to simplify the process of getting to the hard to reach areas without straining. What makes the maneuverability of this Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer very simple is the engine and pump that are rightly balanced over the axle along with the 10 inch never flat wheels that allow you move through the terrain easily. Finally this is one of the easiest to operate pressure washers built with user friendly controls that are all located in a single location including the fuel shutoff, choke and then the on/off.
- Quick change and dedicated nozzle tips: you will find up to 4 quick nozzle tips on this Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer that includes °, 25°, 40°, and then finally a devoted nozzle tip and the last one being the dedicated nozzle tip that is created for easy soap application while you are cleaning. Even better is the fact that each of these nozzles are able to snap on instantly and this way being able to reduce on the downtime that is between the cleaning tasks.
- An ergonomic spray gun: This Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer also features an ergonomic spray gun that contains a very soft cushion grip for maximum comfort while you are cleaning. Another pro to this is the trigger that is constructed with a lot of simplicity when it comes to pulling it and this way it will help minimize on the fatigue while at the same time improving on the comfort while you accomplish all your cleaning tasks.
- Maximum cleaning ability: this Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer is able to provide you with a maximum cleaning ability through the powerful Generac OHV horizontal shaft engine technology. This way through the horizontal-shaft engine, the pump is raised above the ground at the same level as the engine and this way you will be able to have an instant connection of the hose. This horizontal shaft engine is a lot better and preferred as compared to the vertical shaft engine in which the connection of the hose is beneath the engine and thus much more difficult to reach.
- Easy to move: This Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer might be heavy weighing up to approximately 57 pounds but I can assure you that transporting it from place to the next while cleaning is very easy while using the 10 inch never flat wheels. These wheels take off all that weight from you as you move it across your terrain while you clean or even when you have to transport it to a different place.
- Quiet loud: we have noticed that this Generac 6922 Gas Powered Pressure Washer is a little loud as compared to many of the other brands that are quiet or with very minimal noise that could go unnoticed. Although you should know that the noise can’t be compared to that of loud leaf blower devices.
****OUR BEST CHOICE****
Sun Joe SPX3000 Pressure Joe 2030 PSI 1.76 GPM 14.5-Amp Electric Pressure Washer
WHAT MAKES SUN JOE SPX3000 PRESSURE WASHER OUR BEST CHOICE?
- A switch for safety lock
- Easy mobility using rear wheels
- TSS – Total Stop System
- 5 quick connect spray tips
- A clean-out needle tool
- Two detergent tanks
- Powerful 14.5 amp/1800 watt
- 34 inch extension wand
- 35 foot power cord with GFCI protection
- A garden hose adapter
- 76 GPM
- 2 full year warranty
This marks the end of this detailed review on the ‘’Best Pressure Washers 2018. Bookmark this post for future reference.