The DEWALT DW0811 is a self Leveling laser that imitates the functionality of a rotary…
5 Best Laser Levels 2019
A laser level is a surveying and construction control tool that is made up of a laser beam projector that can be attached to a tripod that is leveled according to the accuracy of the tool and is able to project a fixed green or red beam along the horizontal or and vertical axis. We have different types of laser levels on the market; but the most prominent ones include; Rotary laser levels, Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser and Laser Distance Meters.
5 BEST LASER LEVELS 2019
- DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser – Available on Amazon ********is constructed with a full-time pulse mode and an integrated magnetic pivoting base
- DEWALT DW089LG 12V Beam Battery – Available on Amazon *****contains up to three 3690 degree line lasers and then a green beam laser technology
- Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser – Available on Amazon *****built with a smart pendulum system as well as a visimax technology
- Leica Lino L2P5 Auto Leveling Combination Line and Dot Laser – Available on Amazon *****is constructed with a 180 degree fan angle and can project very clear and crisp lines
- HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 10-Inch. Digital Level with Laser – Available on Amazon *****is able to recall the last 9 measurements and comes with a 100 feet long distance projection
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A LASER LEVEL?
- Level of accuracy: it is very important to buy a laser level that is constructed with a high level of accuracy so that you always make perfect alignments and leveling regardless of the type of job you are performing. This is because its accuracy rating is able to decide the level of preciseness that the laser level contains. So now a laser level with high quality has an accuracy that is at approximately plus or minus 1.5xm at a 30 meter distance. Then now the good quality will have an accuracy that is at least plus or minus 3xm. So if you choose anything that is not around this range then your measurements won’t be as accurate.
- Beam Visibility and brightness: the best laser levels are the ones that are able to project a very clearly visible beam always as it will play a very big part in leveling. The most popular beams used by most of the manufacturers is the red beam which is good but then again if you are looking at a high quality indoor construction site then you will definitely have to go for the green beams because it has been proven to be 4 times more visible to the human eye as compared to the red beam. So it is very important that the laser level contains bright beam so that you will be able to easily see the lines even in the normal lighting and also still see it when you are working under high lighting job sites especially the outdoors during sunny bright days. So make sure that you stay away from buying the low quality laser levels that only produce low brightness laser beams that can’t even be seen even when there is low lighting in the job site.
- Quick leveling: now there are mainly two kinds of leveling that the laser levels have and that is the manual and the self-leveling or known as automatic leveling. The difference between the two is that the manual leveling necessitates the user to manually level the tool while the automatic laser contains a self-leveling feature and you don’t have to do much. However there is also the other type which is known as the high quality laser level that contains both the manual and automatic option allowing you have more leveling options. This way with all the options in one tool, it will be a lot much easier to level for the user as compared to the manual leveling.
- Maximum range: now first of all the range refers to the total amount of area that it is able to cover by the laser beam that is produced from the device. The best laser levels are the ones that are able to cover a maximum area that is required to be leveled so that you won’t waste a lot of time shifting for area to area due to the short coverage. While for indoor jobs, the range might not be a big deal because majority of them can cover up that area but however when it comes to outdoor job sites, the maximum range of beam visibility is very significant so that wider the range the better.
- Extra IP rating: now let’s conclude with the IP rating that you are most likely to see on each of the laser levels below. Higher IP ratings mean that a better quality of the laser level as compared to the lower ones. This is because they are able to determine the durability of the laser level device against different elements like water and dust. If you are only using your laser level indoors then this might not be very significant bit however for indoor usage, it is very significant and a must because of the different exposures outdoors. An IP67 rating is highly resistant to water and dust and this way your tool will remain in top working condition for long regardless of the job site.
REVIEW LASER LEVELS 2019:
1. DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
- Full time pulse mode
- Integrated Magnetic Pivoting Base
- Individual buttons
- Two bright crossing horizontal and vertical lines
- Over-molded housing
- IP54 water/debris resistance
- Accurate to ±1/8-inch at 30 feet
- Three-year limited warranty with a one-year free service
- 1 pound in item weight
- 2 x 4.5 x 9.5 inches in product dimensions
- 4 degrees of measurement accuracy
- 5 voltage
- Uses 3 AA batteries
DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is easiest way for you to be able to improve the level of productivity as well as reliability at the job site you are working on. And it’s for that reason why it’s perfect for the professionals that have been assigned with commercial and residential applications for example installing the floor as well as wall tile or even just mapping wall layout. Now let’s look at some of the features that make the performance of this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser one of the best. First is the bright crossing horizontal and vertical lines that are projected clearly so that you can easily see it and it contains an accuracy that is within 1/8 of an inch at a distance of 30 feet. Another powerful feature is the full-time pulse mode that is created to perform through letting for use with a detector and this way you will be able to uphold full brightness for easy visibility while stretching the working range of the DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser to up to 165 feet. To make begin the operation of this laser and also make changes, you will have to make use of the individual buttons that are found on the side control panel of this laser level. This buttons are able to assist you operate all the three beams that able to be projected by this laser device. Another feature is the built-in magnetic pivoting base that comes with a ¼ inch thread that is designed to make mounting easy especially on the metallic surfaces. What makes this laser level that kind that is very durable and able to function under terrible environments is the over-molded housing along with the IP54 water/debris resistance that will protect the laser from water and dust and also proper storage as it’s transported from one place to the other using the hard kit storage box provided.
- Full-time pulse mode: this kind of mode is a very important feature for a good quality laser to contain because its main purpose is to assist the device be used with a laser detector that you can purchase separately. This way you will be able to extend the range of the laser to a range of up to 165 feet. The detector helps you be able to see the laser lines clearly indoors and mainly outdoors even when its sunlight.
- Three beams: if you are a professional then you will require a laser level that will not only project one or only two line but all the three beams so that you are able to perform every kind of assignment designated to you. This way, this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is constructed to be able to project three beams that is vertical, horizontal and then the cross-line beams as well and through this, you will be able to have different leveling and layout applications.
- Highly accurate: the accuracy level of this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is rated at a plus or minus 1/8 of an inch that is at 30 feet which is very great as you work at the job site. It also comes with an integrated magnetic pivoting base and a ¼ inch thread that lets you be able to flush attachment easily to a metal track and steel.
- Easy operation: this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser is built with an individual button that is for operating the laser. Through it, you will be able to operate all the three beams that are able to be projected using this laser device. Through these buttons it will be very easy for everyone to operate it including the students that are practicing or the very first timers as well.
- No pendulum lock: there are not so many cons that are associated with this DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser and the only one that stood out for me was the unavailability lock on the pendulum which can be tricky when you are travelling as it might easily open up and also for security reasons as well from theft and so much more. So if you are looking for a pendulum unit with a lock then this isn’t the one otherwise putting that factor aside, this laser device is one of the best you will ever find.
- DEWALT DW089LG 12V Beam Battery
- Three 360 degree line lasers
- Over-molded housing and IP65 water/debris resistance
- Green beam laser technology
- 12V lithium-ion rechargeable power tool battery platform
- 6 pounds in weight
- Integrated magnetic bracket
- Visibility range of up to 100 feet
- Locking pendulum
- 1 x 17.8 x 12.5 inches in dimensions
- 12 volts
- 3 years limited warranty
DEWALT DW089LG 12V Beam Battery is another laser level created to make the professional’s task very accurate and consistent plus fast regardless of the kind of task they are performing in regards to layout applications and leveling. First of all is that it will be able to project very bright crossing horizontal and vertical lines. Now what makes it different that the color of the beam laser is not red like the majority but rather green which is four times brighter as compared to the red lights and this way it will therefore ensure a greater visibility range in both the interior applications and also improved exterior visibility. One more unique performance is through the three 360 degree line laser technology that is created to support in full room layout. Just like the DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser, this DEWALT DW089LG 12V Beam Battery is also constructed with a full-time pulse mode that is created to let use along with a detector. Furthermore, is an integrated magnetic bracket that contains a 1/4 inch and also a 5/8 inch thread to assist you easily attach it to a metallic surface. This DEWALT DW089LG 12V Beam Battery comes with a 12 volt battery compatibility that is created to allow your laser have a long run time without inconveniencing you and powering off. This kind of battery is also rechargeable so that you don’t have to constantly keep buying new ones. The locking pendulum will assist you prevent any sort of damages especially to the internal components at all times. Finally it is constructed with an over-molded housing and also an IP65 water/debris so that your laser lines are not affected by such substances at all and allowing you be able to operate smoothly in watery or dusty job sites.
- Green laser technology: now there is no doubt that the green laser technology is a lot way better than the red beams. This is because this DEWALT DW089LG 12V Beam Battery is able to provide a visibility range that stretches that up to 100 feet and that means that means that the green laser technology will be the best choice especially for environments where the beam visibility is a big concern. Also as compared to the red color, the human eye will easily detect the green color a lot more easily as it is four times brighter and this way you will be able to have a long range of both interior applications and then also exterior applications as compared to the traditional red colored lasers.
- Locking pendulum: one major con about the previous laser level reviewed in this article was the unavailability of a locking pendulum and that is why we have brought for you this other DEWALT DW089LG 12V Beam Battery that contains a locking pendulum on it. This feature has the advantage of being able to prevent the internal components for damages especially while you transport it or even just store it.
- A full time-pulse mode: this kind of mode is majorly created to allow you use the laser with a detector that you will definitely buy separately and it is also optional. With this, you will be able to increase on the range of the laser and in this case it will be up to 100 feet in range of visibility. With the detector, you will be able to visibly see the beams that are projected both indoors and outdoors.
- Three 360 degree line lasers: this DEWALT DW089LG 12V Beam Battery is constructed with up to three line lasers that each will provide a 360 degree line which means you will just have to position it once and it will be able to reach every single part of the room or any direction outdoors. The three line lasers include the vertical line, the horizontal line and finally the cross-line lasers allowing you perform every kind or leveling and so on.
- Bulky: this DEWALT DW089LG 12V Beam Battery is quiet really bulky weighing up to 9.6 pounds which is very much as compared to other competitors like the DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser that weighs only 1 pound only and Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser that only weights 1.1 pound. For this reason, it might easily get in the way especially when you are performing some tasks like tiling the bathroom and so much more.
3. Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser
- Easy-to-use laser setup modes
- Locking pendulum
- Visimax technology
- Smart pendulum system
- Magnetic L mount
- Lightweight with 1.1 pounds
- Measurements of 4.4 x 2.2 x 4.2 inches
- Uses 3 AA batteries
- Lithium Ion battery cell type
- 2 years limited warranty
Here’s another top performing device and it’s the Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser that is without doubt a professional self-leveling cross line laser that features only components that makes its performance highly accurate, fast and productive. To start with, let’s look at the beam lines which are projected in a horizontal, vertical and even cross-line mode so that you can achieve your goals easily. More outstandingly is that it is also able to project two lines either independently or together allowing you be able to have a broad array of alignment and leveling applications at all times. One rare feature that distinguishes it from the previous models reviewed is the visimax technology that is designed to persistently monitor the temperature of the laser so that the diodes is in all times driven to maximum line brightness while at the same time protecting the laser diode from overheating so the results are always highly accurate and so it’s the device functional. So this way the laser lines of this Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser are very visible up to a range of 50 feet and then it comes with an accuracy that is of plus or minus 1/8 of an inch at a range of 33 feet. There is a smart pendulum system built on this laser level that lets the tool to self-level and also goes further ahead to indicate the out-of-level condition that is created to make you achieve an accurate layout. It is as well capable of locking the pendulum immediately after it’s switched off so that transportation is secure. Finally let’s conclude with the magnetic L mount that is able to present strong magnets to be attached to metal surfaces and also retractable feet to allow you have a free-standing mode.
- Visimax technology: now this kind of technology is created on this Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser to provide the advantage of providing maximum line visibility in a standard operating condition. This way it will be able to continuously observe the level of temperature that is on the laser so that the diode will always be driven to maximum line brightness and this way being able to protect the laser diode from circumstances like overheating.
- Smart pendulum system: the importance of this technology is to allow the Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser be able to self-level and then also alert through indicating the out-of-level condition. This pendulum wont only stop at that but will also be able to instantly lock the pendulum once it has been turned off allowing you transport and store it safely.
- Projects two lines: well this Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser is able to project two beam lines which can either independently or together so that the user is able to achieve a broad array of alignment as well as leveling applications. The types of beam lines projected are of three kinds which is the vertical, horizontal and finally cross-line mode so that you are do different tasks you are assigned. This makes it also very easy to use in a way that you won’t require to use a lot of man power and also the accurate results are obtain within a very short time frame.
- Magnetic L mount: the kind of magnets used here are just not any kind but definitely the stronger kind that is able to easily attach to the steel or any metallic surface without you having to press it onto it. However if you don’t want to or the job doesn’t require you to attach it to a steel then you can allow it have a free-standing mode that is made achievable through the retractable feet that is provide.
- Not very visible outdoors: the only problem I had with this Bosch GLL 55 Self-Leveling Cross-Line Laser, is that it is not as visible outdoors as it is indoors making it quiet really hard especially during a bright sunny day to achieve a clear view of the line. But then again this is almost a very common problem with majority of the laser levels you will come across so this shouldn’t discourage you from owing this.
4. Leica Lino L2P5 Auto Leveling Combination Line and Dot Laser
- 180 degree horizontal fan angle
- magnetic multifunction adapter
- Horizontal, vertical and cross line
- target plate
- Projects clear and crisp laser lines
- 1 pounds
- Accuracy +/- 1/16 of an inch at 16 feet
- 5 volts
- 3 x 5.2 x 4.7 inches
- 4 AA batteries
Leica Lino L2P5 Auto Leveling Combination Line and Dot Laser is built with some of the most exceptional combination of features from the Lino dot and line lasers that makes it perform so well. For it comes with four points and two lines that are accurately at right angles to one another and this is the reason you will be fully sorted out for any kind of leveling or alignment that you have been tasked. All these points have been calibrated to an ideal 90 degree angle and then with a 180 degree fan angle horizontal and floor to ceiling vertical line that even when placed in a corner is able to project the entire room. Using the self leveling pendulum, you will be able to know if the line projected is out of level through blinking in the line mode or stopping the dot in point mode. This way once it has been leveled, the line will then go solid or the dot will appear. And then if you want to protect the device when it’s out of use or when you just want to set out the angled lines then you will have to lock the pendulum. In order to project long lines, you will have to turn the rotatable adapter in order to transfer the reference points in no time throughout the room from one side of the wall to the next. This way you will be able to let the wall and the floor tile joints be able to perfectly and accurately meet the other. It has an adapter that is supplied with this Leica Lino L2P5 Auto Leveling Combination Line and Dot Laser that is able to position the instrument speedily and with a high level of precision. This way you will be able to set apart the adapter over the edges and profiles then connect it to rounded columns or just fix it to iron pipes or steel using integrated magnets
- Self leveling pendulum: this Leica Lino L2P5 Auto Leveling Combination Line and Dot Laser is constructed with a self-leveling pendulum technology that has the advantage of allowing you know when your line is out of level through blinking in the line mode or even just disabling the dot that is in the point mode. This way you will correct it and immediately once its level then the line will either go solid or that dot created will appear. This pendulum comes with a lock and once you lock it then the angled lines will be set and the mechanism will be protected especially when it’s out of use.
- Green visibility option: just like the DEWALT DW089LG, this amazing Leica Lino L2P5 is also built with green colored beams so as to increase its level of visibility. It has been proved that the green color is 4 times much more visible to the human eye as compared to the red color. This way it will be able to project bright, clear and highly visible lines at your jobsite always allowing you obtain great accuracy.
- Rotatable adapter: this Leica Lino L2P5 is built with a rotatable adapter that is designed to assist transfer the reference points in on time throughout the room from one side of the wall to the other side. This way all you have to do is place it in one location and not waste time shifting it from location to location. It also has a 180 degree fan angle that can be placed in the corner then it will be able to project the entire room. Through this rotatable adapter, you won’t require spirit levels and string lines as this is a more convenient way through which you can slide the reference points.
- Weak Battery compartment cover: the covering that is of the battery compartment is actually very weak as well as so thin which makes it actually very fragile to last a long while. This poor construction will not be durable because of its plastic and snap on design and so remember as you constantly keep changing the battery when it runs out, the covering will eventually wear off.
5. HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 10-Inch. Digital Level with Laser
- Recalls last 9 angle measurements
- Laser dot projection visible at 100 feet
- Digital Level with Laser
- An audible indicator
- Large back-lit LCD display
- A Durable aluminum base
- Strong magnets
- 4 pounds in weight
- Size of 11.5 x 1.1 x 2.3 inches
Let me start with my first impression of this HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 10-Inch which is its ability to be able to recall the last 9 angle measurements that have been taken. This way you will be able to not only obtain accurate measurements but also store the last 9 recorded angles that can be displayed in degrees, percentage and also IN/FT (rise over run). Furthermore is an audible indicator that is able to identify at 0 degrees, 45 degrees, 90 degrees and finally the last recorded angle so that the set ups are made a lot much simpler. The angles that are displayed have an accuracy level of 1/20 degree accuracy. Remember that any of the angles can be set as a 0 degree so that you can use it as a reference between two angles. This HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 10-Inch is able to display the inverts once the level is inverted so that you can have a suitable work overhead. The numbers of display modes that are found on this laser level are two which divides into the high accuracy and the regular accuracy. Now the high accuracy is designed to measure the angles within 1 degree of plumb or level up to 1/20 degree accuracy and then the regular accuracy is used to measure all the other angles with up to 1/10 degree accuracy. All the information gathered will be displayed on the large backlit LCD display unit that will invert circumstances when the level is inverted so that the display will at all times make readings in right-side-up. This is one of the laser levels that are best for long distance alignments as it can project a laser dot that is visible at 100 feet in distance. Finally the base is constructed with durable aluminum along with an integrated ruler with strong magnets that are used for firm attachment with a compatible 1/4 inch threaded tripod mounts.
- Two display modes: you will be wowed by these display modes that are found on this HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 10-Inch as they are categorized in two types. There is the high accuracy display mode and then the regular display mode. Now all of them serve different roles with the high accuracy display mode having the ability to measure the angles within 1 degree of level or plumb with up to an accuracy of 1/20 degree. Then the regular accuracy display mode has the ability to measure all the other angles that are with up to an accuracy of 1/10 degree.
- Wide storage: this HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 10-Inch is constructed with a wide storage capacity that has the ability to contain memory records and then be able to recall the last 9 measurements that were taken. This is a very good advantage because it will save you from have to take records after every task that is performed. With its ability to recall 9 measurements, you can be able to reference to them at the end of the day or just store them for other consultations.
- Allows long distance alignment: if you have a long distance to cover and you would want to accomplish it quickly then this HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 10-Inch is the best option to assist you. This is because it contains a laser-dot projection that is very clearly visible for as long as 100 feet allowing you have a long-distance alignment. All you have to do is place it in a certain place and see the line over a long distance.
- Durable base: the base of this HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 10-Inch is constructed with high quality aluminum that contains an integrated ruler that has very strong magnets that is created to allow you have a firm attachment especially on the flat metallic surfaces. It also has a 1/4 inch threaded tripod screws that is highly well-suited with the 10 inch and 24 inch levels that are found on the HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 10-Inch.
- Doesn’t cross-line level: this HAMMERHEAD HLLT10 isn’t constructed with the ability to cross-line level which means that it can only level horizontally and vertically. This way it will be hard for you to accomplish some tasks that require you to cross level so that you have a high accuracy level.
*****OUR BEST CHOICE****
DEWALT DW088K Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
WHAT MAKES DEWALT DW088K LINE LASER OUR BEST CHOICE?
- Dual bright crossing horizontal and vertical lines
- A full time pulse mode
- Easy to use buttons
- Durable over-molded housing
- Integrated Magnetic Pivoting Base
- Lightweight with only 1 pound
- Measurement accuracy of 4 degrees
- Accurate to plus or minus 1/8-inch at 30 feet
- IP54 water/debris resistance
- Battery powered with 3 AA type
- 3 years warranty
- What Is The Best Rotary Laser Level
- What Is The Best Self-Leveling Cross Line Laser
- What Is The Best Laser Distance Meter
- What Is The Best Cordless Drill
- What Is The Best Pressure Washer
- What Is The Best Commercial Pressure Washer
This marks our detailed review on the ‘’Best Laser Level / Line Laser ‘’. Bookmark this post for quick reference.