Sony WH1000XM2 Vs Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones – Review
The Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 are the ”Best Wireless-Headphones” on the market. They feature some of the most advanced features you will ever find in a Bluetooth noise canceling headphone. Both were designed to provide you with the most amazing audio-experience no-matter your surroundings.
In this detailed comparison, I will clearly state the difference and similarities between these two models. But what you have to remember is that Sony WH-1000XM2 & Bose QueitComfort 35 are premium noise cancelling headphones – so they don’t come cheap. For those in search for affordable noise canceling headphones, check out my list here…
SUMMARY: – We recommend Sony WH1000XM2 Premium Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones over Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones simply because of the following reasons: (1) Sony WH1000XM2 ensures greater sound-quality, (2) It is durable and can even adapt to your surrounding so that you can be able to experience high-quality audio experience., (3) The Quick Attention enables you to engage in a quick conversation without removing off your headphones, (4) Hi-Res Audio Capability – makes sound better & clear, (5) Stronger battery ”Battery life up to 30hrs (with wireless noise cancelling).” makes Sony WH1000XM2 better than Bose QuietComfort 35.
COMPARISON BETWEEN SONY WH1000XM2 & BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 35:
Brief side by side comparison between Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones:
|Bose QuietComfort 35||Sony Wh1000xm2|
|WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY||Yes (Bluetooth)||Yes (Bluetooth)|
|SOUND-QUALITY||Volume-Optimized Sound||Truly Authentic Sound with HiRes Audio5|
|INBUILT-BATTERY||Yes (Lithium-ion)||Yes (Lithium-ion)|
|BATTERY-LIFE||20-Hours||30-hours after a full-charge & 70-Minutes after a Quick-charge|
|BATTERY CHARGE-TIME||2.25-Hours or 40 hours in wired mode||2-Hours(full-charge) & 10-mins(Quick-charge)|
|LED FUEL-GUAGE INDICATOR||Yes||Yes|
|SWEAT AND WEATHER RESISTANT||No||No|
|ADAPTIVE SOUND CONTROL||Yes||Yes|
|HI-RES AUDIO CAPABILITY||No||Yes|
DIFFERENCES BETWEEN Sony WH1000XM2 & Bose QuietComfort 35:
- The Sony WH1000XM2 features a quick-attention mode for instant conversations without taking headphones off while the Bose QuietComfort 35 lacks this feature.
- The Sony WH1000XM2 provides a longer battery-life of up to 30-hours while the Bose QuietComfort 35 provides only 20-hours of music-playback.
- The Sony WH1000XM2 features a quick-charge function that provides you with over 70-minutes of music-playback with just 10-minutes of charging while the Bose QuietComfort 35 lacks this feature.
- The Sony WH1000XM2 features truly authentic sound with Hi-Res Audio5 in order to reduce on distortion when listening to music while the Bose QuietComfort 35 features a Volume-Optimized Sound with a Volume-Optimized Equalizer for greater sound quality.
- The Sony WH1000XM2 is equipped with touch-sensor-controls while the Bose QuietComfort 35 features button on-ear controls.
- The Sony WH1000XM2 features a Smart Listening feature that automatically optimizes sound basing on your activity and surroundings while the Bose QuietComfort 35 lacks this feature.
SIMILARITIES BETWEEN Sony WH1000XM2 & Bose QuietComfort 35:
- Wireless-Technology: Both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 can be wirelessly connected to your Smart-Devices via Bluetooth or NFC-Pairing.
- Inbuilt Microphones: They both headphones feature inbuilt microphones that enable users to take calls remotely. This actually makes the wireless-headphones very convenient to use especially when moving in areas with a lot of people and traffic.
- Inbuilt-Batteries: Both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 are equipped with built-in lithium-ion batteries which can be charged to facilitate for wireless listening to music.
- Noise Cancellation Technology: They both feature industry-leading, digital noise-cancellation technology that eliminates outside-noise in order to ensure optimal sound-quality no-matter your surroundings.
- High-quality sound: Both headphones give-off great sound with amazing base, stereo and fine-acoustics hence making them just perfect for listening to music.
- On-Ear controls: They both feature on-ear controls that can be pressed to play and skip music, control-volume and even take calls. However, the Sony WH1000XM2 features touch-sensor controls while the Bose QuietComfort 35 features manual button-controls.
- Mobile-App control: Both headphones feature free mobile-apps that can be easily downloaded and installed onto your android/apple devices in order to control these headphones wirelessly from your Smartphone.
Sony WH1000XM2 (VIDEO REVIEW):
PERFORMANCE COMPARISON BETWEEN Sony WH1000XM2 & Bose QuietComfort 35:
Control and Usability:
In-terms of control and usability, both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 are Bluetooth and NFC enabled whereby they can be easily controlled using Bluetooth/NFC enabled devices like Smart-phones & tablets. On the other hand, both headphones feature on-ear controls which can be used to take calls, adjust-volume and even control music.
Bottom line: – Overall, both the Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 Wireless Headphones will get the same rating here because they can be connected to your Smartphone via Bluetooth/NFC for quick and easy control when listening to music and they can also be controlled using inbuilt On-Ear controls.
Both the Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 support wireless-connectivity via Bluetooth & NFC technology on your Smartphone/tablet in order to facilitate for wireless music-listening. In fact, the NFC-technology found on these headphones facilitates for convenient connectivity to NFC-enabled devices with just a tap.
Bottom line: – Overall, both headphones will get the same rating in-terms of wireless-connectivity since they both feature Bluetooth and NFC-pairing.
Both headphones feature noise-cancellation technology which helps to eliminate outside noise for better music-quality. In fact, the Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones feature world-class noise cancellation technology that adapts to your environment and eliminates outside noise while the Sony WH1000XM2 headphones feature industry-leading digital noise cancellation coupled with a Smart-Listening feature that optimizes music-sound basing on your activities and surroundings. On top of that, the Sony WH1000XM2 headphones also feature an Atmospheric Pressure Optimizer that delivers optimal sound at high-altitudes so that you can enjoy noise cancelling at its best when flying.
Bottom line: – I will give the same score to both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 when it comes to isolating outside noise when listening to music. This implies that you will be able to listen to music the way it was meant to be heard under different environments without any disturbances.
Both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 feature inbuilt microphones designed to facilitate for even and clear answering of calls. However, the Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones feature a Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for more clear calls even in windy environments while the Sony WH1000XM2 headphones features a regular but great Microphone that can facilitate for Optimum Call-Clarity.
Bottom line: – Although both headphones feature inbuilt microphones, the Noise-rejecting dual-microphone system on the Bose QuietComfort 35 is better than the microphone-system on the Sony WH1000XM2.
Both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 produce great sound with maximized balance and clarity. On top of that, the Bose QuietComfort 35 features a volume-optimized equalizer which ensures balanced audio-performance at any volume-level while the Sony WH1000XM2 deliver Truly authentic sound with Hi-Res Audio5 and S-Master HX that help to reduce on distortion and allow the user to enjoy all the subtleties in the music being played.
Bottom line: – Although both headphones produce great music-sound with optimum balance at any volume-level, I will give the highest score to the Sony WH1000XM2 headphones because they feature Hi-Res Audio5 and S-Master HX that help to reduce on distortion and allow the user to enjoy all the subtleties in the music being played.
ADJUSTABLE-FITTING & FOLDABILITY:
Both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 feature adjustable headbands which facilitate for a perfect fitting over your head no-matter its size. On top of that, they are also equipped with flexible Ear-cups which facilitate for a comfortable fitting onto ears thus allowing you to comfortably listen to music for longer hours. On the other hand, both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 are foldable in order to facilitate for easy storage and optimum-convenience when travelling.
Bottom line: – Since both headphones are adjustable and foldable in order to facilitate for a perfect fitting and convenient-storage, I give them the same rating.
Both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort 35 feature powerful, built-in lithium-ion batteries that are designed to facilitate for cordless operation of these headphones when listening to music and for several hours. However, the battery of the Sony WH1000XM2 will provide you with up to 30-hours of music-playback when fully-charged and up to 70-minutes after a 10-minute quick-charge while the battery of Bose QuietComfort 35 lasts can only last for 20-hours in wireless-mode and 40-hours in wired-mode before getting recharged.
Bottom line: – overall, the Sony WH1000XM2 wireless headphones gets the highest rating when it comes to battery-life because they can deliver up to 30-hours of music-playback when fully-charged compared to the Bose QuietComfort 35 battery which can last for only 20-hours.
It’s only the Sony WH1000XM2 headphones that feature quick-charge function which can provide you with up to 70-minutes of battery-life just after a 10-minute charge. on the other hand, the Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones lack this feature but they can be put into wired-mode in order to enable you continue listening to music when the battery goes low on power.
Bottom line: – The Sony WH1000XM2 headphones will get highest score when it comes to the quick-charging function. In fact, only a 10-minute quick-charge will provide you with over 70-minutes of battery-life when using these headphones to play music wirelessly.
It is only the Sony WH1000XM2 that features a Quick-Attention Mode that facilitates for instant conversation without taking-off the headphones. In fact, with this feature you just need to place your hand on the right ear-cup to turn the volume down immediately so that you can attend to any instant conversations. On the other hand, with Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones lack this feature but you can remove them or reduce their volume using the on-ear controls in order to attend to instant conversations.
Bottom line: – the Sony WH1000XM2 wireless headphones are the winner because they feature a Quick-Attention Mode that allows you to attend to instant conversations while you will need to pause-music, reduce-volume or take-off the Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones for any instant-conversations.
Although both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort-35 are both very comfortable to wear even when listening to music for longer hours, the Bose QuietComfort-35 happen to feel more comfortable to wear because they feature soft ear-cups coupled with a leather and soft-cloth material on the headband which provides optimum-comfort at all times when listening to music. On the other hand, the Sony WH1000XM2 also features comfort-cushioned ear cups that are designed to ensure optimum-comfort.
Bottom line: – the Bose QuietComfort-35 feels more comfortable to wear because they are made of higher-quality materials compared to the Sony WH1000XM2 wireless-headphones. However, you will be able to wear the Sony WH1000XM2 for longer-hours when listening to music incase because they also feel comfortable.
SWEAT AND WEATHER RESISTANT:
Both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort-35 are not resistant to sweat and harsh weather-conditions. This means that you will have to store these headphones under a carrying-case when moving under heavy-rains and dust/wind. So, you will need to clean these wireless-headphones using a damp-cloth and small-brush in order to remove any dirt without affecting build-material. In fact, never immerse these wireless-headphones under water during the cleaning-process because they get destroyed.
Bottom line: – both headphones are not sweat and weather resistant and this implies that you will have to keep them in protective-case when moving under harsh environment-conditions.
Both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort-35 feature mobile-apps that can be downloaded onto your Android/Apple Smartphone in order to facilitate for quick and easy control of headphones when listening to music. So, the Bose QuietComfort 35 uses the Bose-Connect app to connect and switch between devices and to control sound-settings while the Sony WH1000XM2 uses the Sony|Headphones Connect-app for Android /iOS to control sound-settings. In fact, you will need to download the Sony Connect-App to use Smart Listening by Smart Auto-settings, control your ambient sound settings and adjust the sound levels with the Equalizer.
Bottom line: – I will give the same rating to both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort-35 because they feature amazing Mobile-App platforms. However, the Mobile-App for Sony WH1000XM2 offers more features like Smart Listening by Smart Auto-settings, controlling ambient-sound settings and adjustment of sound-levels using an Equalizer.
Both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort-35 feature multi-function on-ear controls that enable the user to take calls, control music and volume. This implies that you will be capable of controlling the music being played and even take calls wireless with just a press on any of the on-ear controls. This actually makes both Sony WH1000XM2 and Bose QuietComfort-35 headphones very convenient to use while doing other tasks. However, the Sony WH1000XM2 features Touch sensor controls built-into the earcup while the Bose QuietComfort-35 feature button-controls.
Bottom line: – Although both headphones feature convenient on-ear controls that enable you to easily control your music and even pick calls wirelessly, I will actually give the highest rating to the Sony WH1000XM2 headphones because of they are equipped with Touch sensor controls that a more convenient to use than the button-controls on the Bose QuietComfort-35.
After testing both headphones, I found-out that the Bose QuietComfort-35 is actually more durable than Sony WH1000XM2. In fact, the Bose QuietComfort 35 features an elastic headband that is very strong and stretchy whereby you can’t break it by simply stretching or bending it. On the other hand, the Sony WH1000XM2 headphones are also durable but they won’t able to resist a certain extent of pressure put on them and this means that you need to be handle these headphones with extra-care compared to the Bose QuietComfort 35.
Bottom line: – The Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones will get the highest score when it comes to durability because they feature a strong and elastic headband with durable ear-cups compared to the Sony WH1000XM2 headphone.
WHAT WE LIKED ABOUT Bose QuietComfort 35?
- World-class noise cancellation technology that eliminates outside-noise.
- Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth and NFC-pairing.
- A volume-optimized Equalizer for balanced audio-performance.
- A strong built-in lithium-ion battery that last for 20-hours.
- A noise-rejecting dual-microphone system for clear calls.
- A free mobile-app for connecting and switching between devices easier.
- Great sound with maximized balance and clarity.
WHAT WE LIKED ABOUT Sony WH1000XM2?
- Industry-leading digital noise cancellation technology.
- Smart Listening feature that optimizes sound based on your activity and surroundings.
- Wireless connectivity via Bluetooth and NFC-pairing.
- Ambient Sound Mode for hearing essential-sounds like traffic or announcements when on the move.
- Sony|Headphones Connect-app for Android/iOS to easily control sound-settings.
- Quick Attention Mode for an instant conversation.
- Atmospheric Pressure Optimizer that delivers optimal sound at high altitude.
- Truly authentic sound with Hi-Res Audio.
- A powerful battery that provides 30 hours of music-playback.
- A Quick-charge function that provides 70-minutes of playtime after 10-minutes charge.
- Touch sensor controls built-into the earcup.
- For people who need high-end headphones with great sound and industry leading noise cancellation: We recommend getting the Sony WH1000XM2 Premium Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones – Check price on Amazon. In fact, the Sony WH1000XM2 produces a truly authentic sound with Hi-Res Audio5 and even features more amazing features than the Bose QuietComfort 35.
- For people who need extra-durable headphones with great sound: We recommend buying the Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones – Check price on Amazon. This is mainly because the Bose QuietComfort 35 headphones are made out of great-quality materials that are extra-durable and they also deliver great sound with maximized balance and clarity.
WAS THIS COMPARISON BETWEEN BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 35 AND SONY WH1000XM2 HELPFUL TO YOU? IF YES, PLEASE SHARE IT WITH A FRIEND.
- 1 COMPARISON BETWEEN SONY WH1000XM2 & BOSE QUIETCOMFORT 35:
- 2 DIFFERENCES BETWEEN Sony WH1000XM2 & Bose QuietComfort 35:
- 3 SIMILARITIES BETWEEN Sony WH1000XM2 & Bose QuietComfort 35:
- 4 Sony WH1000XM2 (VIDEO REVIEW):
- 5 PERFORMANCE COMPARISON BETWEEN Sony WH1000XM2 & Bose QuietComfort 35:
- 6 Control and Usability:
- 7 WIRELESS CONNECTIVITY:
- 8 NOISE-CANCELLATION TECH:
- 9 MICROPHONE:
- 10 SOUND-QUALITY:
- 11 ADJUSTABLE-FITTING & FOLDABILITY:
- 12 BATTERY-LIFE:
- 13 QUICK-CHARGING:
- 14 QUICK-ATTENTION FEATURE:
- 15 COMFORT:
- 16 SWEAT AND WEATHER RESISTANT:
- 17 MOBILE APP-CONTROL:
- 18 ON-EAR CONTROLS:
- 19 DURABILITY:
- 20 WHAT WE LIKED ABOUT Bose QuietComfort 35?
- 21 WHAT WE LIKED ABOUT Sony WH1000XM2?
- 22 CONCLUSION: