How to Be an Ultrasound Service Technician
An ultrasound service technician is a person that repairs and services ultrasound machines. So, if you are good at working with machines and have the desire to work in a medical/clinical setting then this can be a great career for you. In fact, if you’re already working in the field of maintenance, mechanics or service repair, then working as an ultrasound service technician can be an exciting and rewarding career choice for you. All in all, below are some of the steps that will help you become a great Ultrasound Service Technician:
Steps on How to Become an Ultrasound Service Technician:
- Go for this profession if you are handy and have some allied experience: In case you’re already a service repair technician or mechanic then a transition to becoming an ultrasound-service-technician will feel natural and easy. However, if you do not have experience in any of these fields then consider first getting working experience as a general service repair technician and later move to this highly specialized field.
- Make research and find an accredited school: There are actually very few schools offering accredited training for ultrasound service technicians and that’s why you will need to make some online-research in order to find the right training schools. In fact, you may even find only one accredited training school for ultrasound service technicians in a big city.
- Complete the education required for an ultrasound service technician: You will need complete and the necessary schooling required to becoming an ultrasound service technician but also be aware that this may not be the end of your formal training because technology keeps on changing. in fact, if you want to reach and stay at the top of your chosen field then you will need to actively pursue additional training throughout your career and stay abreast of developments in that fast-advancing field.
- Learn everything you can under your formal training: You will need to learn everything you can about the inner and outer workings of ultrasound machines including; different brands, types and designs of ultrasound machines. This will help you become more experienced in working on different ultrasound-machine types on the market which is actually great for career development.
- Decide on how you want work: You also have to decide whether you want to work as an employee or as an independent contractor. So, if you want to work as an employee then you will need to start applying for jobs in hospitals and private-clinics with ultrasound-machines and if you’re to work as an independent contractor then consider marketing yourself through websites and offering promotional services to hospitals or clinics with ultrasound-machines.
- Market yourself: As an Ultrasound Service Technician, you will need to market your name out there by simply contacting companies that sell and service ultrasound machines, Contact, hospitals, clinics, imaging-centers and even ultrasound clinics. This is very important for your career development purposes and will also get you more clients which in-turn gets a higher income.
Tips To Consider When Training To Become An Ultrasound Service Technician:
- There are very few ultrasound service technicians: Currently, there are very few ultrasound service technicians nationwide yet their demand is huge. So, if you get the right education and training then you will get an excellent salary and lifestyle while in this career field.
- It’s easy to become an MRI service technician: As ultrasound service technician, you can easily carry your skills over to become an MRI service technician with some additional training.
- 3D ultrasounds are the leading edge of the ultrasound machines and that’s why you will need to learn how to service and repair 3D ultrasounds in-order achieve a higher platform compared to other technicians on the same job-market. Additionally, as the use of 3D ultrasounds increases, there will be a growing demand for ultrasound service technicians.
- Never market yourself as an ultrasound service technician if you don’t have the necessary training: in-case you don’t have the proper training, knowledge and certification, don’t attempt to market yourself as an ultrasound service technician because this field is very complicated and requires extreme training in-order to provide services to your customers when it comes to repairing ultrasound-machines.