How to Be an Inter Networking Technician
Today, most corporations and individuals own computers and devices networked together in-order create larger networks of inter-connected computers. In fact, the ability to create larger networks of networks is becoming very essential in even small businesses because it leads to improved communication and cooperation which is greatly required for any business to succeed. So, below are some of the steps that will help become an inter-networking technician in-case you really have interest in developing a networking-career.
Steps On How To Become An Inter Networking Technician:
- Get certified in Cisco Networking: Cisco is currently the leading-course in network certification. In fact, Cisco networking is divided into 5-levels and 7 different paths which include; Entry-Level which designated as CCENT, Associate level certification (CCNA) which is an entry level certificate for all networking paths in the Cisco course, Professional level certification which is designated by CC*P, Expert which is designated by CCIE and Cisco Certified Architect which is the highest level of accreditation achievable within the Cisco Career Certification program and it’s a great pinnacle for individuals that wish to show their formal validation of Cisco technologies and infrastructure architecture.
- Get familiar with the OSI model of the internet: The Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI-model) is a conceptual-model that characterizes and standardizes the communication-functions of telecommunication or computing system without regard to its underlying internal structure and technology. In fact, the original version of this model is defined in 7-layers of protocol implementation of a networking-framework. So, try to become familiar with the OSI model of the internet works.
- Research on the major vendors of networking technologies: Making research on the major vendors of networking technology like; Juniper, D-Link, Belkin, Cisco/Linksys and Netgear will actually help you know about different networking components and brands available on the market. This will even help you determine which network-components work best for any given network structure.
- Go for an A+ Certification: The CompTIA A+ is an entry-level certification for people looking to begin or boost their career in IT. In fact, the CompTIA offers a number of training options computer service and networking technicians and it’s even an internationally recognized certification. All in all, this certification will provide you with knowledge and skills necessary to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure office computing equipment or computers.
- Take a Network+ certification: The Network+ certification will provide you with important knowledge and skills on how to manage, maintain, troubleshoot, install, operate and configure basic network infrastructure, describe-networking-technologies, basic-design-principles, adhere to wiring standards and use testing tools. Lastly, the Network+ certification is also internationally recognized in-terms of technical knowledge required foundation-level of IT networking-basics.
- Checkout the O’Reilly vendor of books: O’Reilly-Media is an American media company that publishes books, Websites and produces conferences on computer technology topics. So, try acquiring some of their books because they tend to provide excellent tutorials on networking which is a great thing for your networking-career.
- Learn how to use MYSQL and other database functions: MySQL is a query language used to call SQL-queries in databases. There are also other several RDBMS softwares like Oracle, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, SQLite etc that also use SQL as their query language. So, you will need to learn how to use some of these relational-database-management systems in order to create networking-databases.
Tips To Consider When Becoming An Inter Networking Technician:
- Make research on networking: you will need to make extensive research on networking and even read different books on networking if you really want to become an expert in this field. In fact, the more knowledge you will have about networking, the more chances of getting a higher paying job you will get.
- Get some experience in networking: acquiring some working-experience in networking will actually help you gain more knowledge and skills hence put you ahead from other candidates in the networking-sector especially when applying for a job.
- Experiment on different networking platforms and devices: Try to use Unix to make experiments within NAS, SAMBA-Shares and wireless networking. This will help you learn a lot of new things within the networking field and it’s actually a great habit for people who wish to develop on their networking careers without going for multiple certifications.