Coffee Maker Reviews 2017
Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine Review
Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso Machine brews four of coffee at a time using its steam powered system, this machine is designed just to ensure that you enjoy all those favorite coffee house drinks in your own home with great ease. This espresso and cappuccino maker features the best features to allow you create the most perfect espresso, frothy cappuccinos and richly creamy lattes.
Its dish washable and drip-free spout glass decanter is not just easy for you to clean but also pours you drink easily into the mug without spilling. Unlike pump driven espresso machines that are very noisy, the Mr. Coffee ECM160 is very quiet so that brewing your espresso does not have to interrupt with any other activities that you have to do. The machine’s drip tray is removable for easy cleaning and more to all that is a super powerful milk frother that steams rich and creamy milk foam to make your coffee drinks very tasty and classy. You will love trying this espresso machine due to its simplicity of use.
- The machine comes at really affordable price, if you cannot go a day without a cup of espresso but cannot afford those very pricey machines this espresso machine has been made to suit your needs. Even when it comes at low price, it has the features that you will need to have your espresso thirst quenched.
- It is very quiet, unlike pump driven machines that make noise as you brew, this is a steam driven machines which is why it remains quiet all through the brewing cycle, with this you can listen to your favorite music or catch a movie as you wait for your cup of espresso without any interruption from the machine.
- Amazingly simple operation, the ECM160 espresso machine has a well labeled control dial that is very easy to understand so using the machine will only take you a few minutes. It has three settings which include off, brew and steam, it is that simple.
- Its stainless finish will add that attractive appearance as its size takes up just a small bit of your kitchen space. To clean the machine you just have to wipe and it will be clean in the blink of an eye.
- It has non removable water tank which makes cleaning and refilling the machine really difficult. With this machine’s water tank you can barely know how much water is left which is very disturbing during the brewing process.
- The machine is not very durable like other espresso machines because most of its parts are made of plastic which means they will wear out really fast.
- The steam pressure has not control so you cannot know if you are brewing at the best temperature or not.
- It also lacks the auto shut off feature so in case you forget to turn the machine off after brewing it will get damaged the moment water runs out.
- Breville BES870XL Barista Express Espresso Machine Review
- La Pavoni EPC-8 Europiccola 8-Cup Lever Style Espresso Machine Review
- De’longhi Ec155 15 Bar Pump Espresso And Cappuccino Maker Review
- SAECO HD8753/87 Philips Intellia Fully Automatic Espresso Machine Review
- Steam brew system:This system forces steam heat through coffee grounds to brew rich and strong espresso, just the way you like it. The most loveable thing about this kind of system is that it is very quiet so you can brew you espresso without any irritating noise. This system produces just the right steam for you to make a really good cup of cappuccino or lattes.
- Powerful milk frother:Many of the reviewers after trying out the Coffee ECM160 espresso machine praised it for its strong frother that creates rich and creamy milk foam good enough for making cappuccino and lattes. With this machine you can now become you own barista since its frother makes it very easy to brew espresso.
- Glass decanter:with just the tilt of your wrist, the glass decanter will serve up to four shots using its easy pour glass decanter. This decanter also makes clean up even easier since it is dish washer safe and does not spill drinks all over the counter as you serve.
- Removable drip tray:you will enjoy your espresso even more if it is served from a very neat and clean brew space which exactly what this espresso machine has been designed to offer. Its drip is removable and very easy clean as it collects up all coffee drips.
- Non removable water reservoir:the Coffee ECM160 is a compact machine with a non-removable water reservoir where by you just have to open the cap on top of the machine and pour water. To fill the water tank with enough water for the number off shots you want to make use the glass decanter as it labeled with measurements that will help you accurately level the amount of water that will be enough for the brew process.
- Brews 20 ounces of espresso: this espresso and cappuccino machines can brew 20 ounces of espresso in each brew cycle that is about 4 cups of espresso.
The Mr. Coffee ECM160 4-Cup Steam Espresso machine has been designed to make espresso and cappuccino making very easy in your own home. The machine has just a few but very essential features that will help you brew up to 20 ounces of espresso in least possible time. Featuring a really powerful milk frother the ECM 160 machine will continuously deliver rich, bold and creamy milk foam that is perfect for making different coffee drink specialties such as cappuccino and lattes. Being very easy to use, operating this machine will be a walk over whether you have expertise about using espresso machines or not since you just have to place your ingredients well and turn it on for it to start brewing. The mere fact that the machine is steam driven gives it ability to brew the best cup of espresso without making any noise like it is with most pump driven machines. With a glass decanter and removable drip tray serving all four shots has become easy too as you just have to tilt your hand a bit and fill all the cups without spilling coffee all over the brew area. There is absolutely no reason for you to keep spending your money in coffee shops when you can make your own personalized cup of espresso or cappuccino in your own home with this effective yet fairly priced espresso machine.
Who does it benefit?
- Perfect for those with limited space: the Mr. Coffee ECM160 espresso machine first of all has a light weight which makes it easy for to move it around and it size does not take up too much space in your kitchen. If you want to clean the machine from somewhere else you can easily move it from where it is stored to wherever you feel comfortable cleaning it.
- Good machine if you have a low budget: we all earn and spend differently so if your budget cannot buy you a high end espresso machine then you can go in for this ECM160 espresso machine from Mr. Coffee. If you are looking for a machine that is good enough for a daily cup of cappuccino, espresso or lattes then this will sure suit your needs.
What else do you need?
- Measuring scoop:among the accessories that the machine comes with a measuring scoop but that does not mean that you should not buy you own measuring scoop to be on a safer side. The measuring scoop helps you to accurately size the quantity of coffee grounds that should been used to make the particular number of espresso cups you need.
- 49mm stainless steel espresso tamper: this size of tamper will fit the machine well and help you pack the coffee grounds more into the filter so that you get richer and thicker espresso.
- Medelco 4 cup universal glass espresso replacement decanter: the ECM 160 espresso and cappuccino machine has a glass decanter so you can’t be so sure of when it will break, accidents could happen any time that is why you will need a replacement carafe like this one. It is universal which means that if your machine uses this type of decanter, it will definitely be a perfect fit.