As a result of different environmental factors like flooding and earthquakes along with support problems,…
Tips On How To Get Rid Of Gingivitis
Gingivitis or gum-disease is actually caused by improper cleaning on someone’s gums and teeth. In fact, gingivitis is a very common but mild infection of gums whereby anyone can actually develop gingivitis and most people with such a gum-infection may not even be aware of it. On the other hand, the most symptoms of gingivitis include; gum redness, irritation, puffiness and swelling. Additionally, some people with Gingivitis may also experience receding-gums, loose-teeth, bad-breath and gum-bleeding especially when flossing or brushing. All in all, you should know that the major cause of gingivitis is poor oral-hygiene because it allows plaque to form over your teeth but I have provided you with some of the techniques on how to treat this gum-disease even when at home.
HOW TO TREAT GINGIVITIS AT HOME:
- Try using oral-probiotics: oral-probiotics actually contain good-bacteria that help in restoring the natural-balance of bacteria within your mouth after using any oral-antiseptics that are usually found in toothpastes and mouthwashes. In fact, some oral-probiotics contain bacteria called ProDentis that is naturally found in saliva and breast-milk. On the other hand, taking oral-probiotics is usually recommended during non-surgical therapies but while using other gingivitis-treatments.
- Use a salt-solution: salt is actually a very effective remedy when it comes to getting rid of gingivitis and this is mainly because salt features antibacterial and antiseptic properties. In fact, salt also help treat inflamed and swollen gums, it draws infections out of the gums and even eliminates growth of bacteria within your mouth. To create a salt-solution, you will have to add 1/2-teaspoon of salt to a glass of lukewarm water and then use the developed solution rinse-out your mouth for at least once every morning and evening until the swollen-gums are cured.
- Consider using ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10): ubiquinone helps to convert sugars and fats into energy and this is why it can actually be used in the treatment of gum-disease. Additionally, ubiquinone can also be used in the treatment of diabetes and congestive heart-failure but this medicine hasn’t been certified by the FDA as medically-appropriate for treatment of any disease which implies that you should take precaution when using it to treat gum-disease.
- Use Turmeric: Turmeric actually contains an element called curcumin which features antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. in fact, curcumin will effectively reduce on pain, plaque, swelling and inflammation within the gums and can even reduce on bacterial-activity within the mouth hence preventing any oral-infections.so, consider making a paste of 1-teaspoon of turmeric-powder, 1/2-teaspoon of salt and 1/2-teaspon mustard-oil and then apply the solution onto the gums and teeth while massaging the affected area and do this for at least twice daily. On the other hand, a turmeric mouthwash is an effective and mechanical plaque control that can prevent gingivitis and plaque compared to traditional chlorexidine mouthwashes.
- Consider using a peroxide oral-rinse: using an oral-rinse which contains hydrogen-peroxide like Colgate Peroxyl will actually help to treat gum-infection and even relieve gum-inflammation. In fact peroxide oral-rinse features antiseptic and anti-bacterial properties whereby it will become effective when it gets into contact with any enzymes within your mouth.
- Do some oil-pulling: oil-pulling is actually a very common Ayurvedic practice that will help to reduce on bacteria that causes gingivitis and it also reduces on plaque, strengthens gums and even helps in the maintenance of good oral-health. So, you will have to place 1-tablespoon of sesame-oil or coconut-oil into your mouth and then swish the oil within the mouth and through the teeth for about 15-to-20 minutes, spit-out the oil and then after rinse the mouth thoroughly using warm-water. In fact, it is recommended to do this every morning before you brush teeth for at least a month in order to achieve the best results.
- Try using a corsodyl-spray: this is actually a very powerful mouth-spray that contains chlorhexidine-gluconate which features anti-plaque and antibacterial properties. In fact, corsodyl can even be used in the treatment of any discomfort or pain caused by mouth-ulcers, oral-infections and gum-inflammation. Additionally, a corsodyl-spray can also be used if brushing teeth has become difficult and painful like after an oral-surgery. However, make sure that you keep the corsodyl-spray away from your ears and eyes.
- Use baking-soda: baking-soda is actually a popular home-remedy for treating gingivitis and this mainly because baking-soda neutralizes acids within the mouth hence reducing on the risk gum-disease and tooth-decay. So, in order to use this remedy you will have to mix-up a 1/4-teaspoon of baking-soda with a bit of warm-water to create a paste and then apply this paste onto the gums. Leave the paste on for about 1-to-2 minutes and then rinse your mouth with warm-water. Consider using baking-soda for about 2-to-3 times a week for best results. Lastly, baking-soda is highly recommended in the treatment of gum-disease because it acts as a natural antiseptic that help to prevent infections.
- Try using Gengigel-Gel: Gengigel-gel actually contains hyaluronic-acid that is naturally found in human-body and this acid can be used to heal certain wounds and even help to stimulate on the production of new body-tissue. So, you will have to apply this gel onto the affected gums at night just before going to bed/sleep.
- Use lemon-juice: lemon-juice contains anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties which help to treat gum-disease. Lemons even contain vitamin-c which helps to fight any gum-infections in order to ensure optimum oral-health. So, you will have to squeeze lemon-juice into a glass of warm-water and then use the created solution as a mouthwash just after brushing the teeth. You will have to use lemon-juice for at least twice daily in order to soothe receding and bleeding gums due to gingivitis.
- Use Aloe-Vera: Aloe-Vera also features antifungal and antibacterial properties which actually work effectively eliminating gingivitis. In fact, Aloe-Vera can prevent on the accumulation of bacteria that causes plaque in the mouth leading to gingivitis. On top of that, aloe-Vera can even relieve on gum-pain and also soothe on inflamed gums and teeth. So, in order to use aloe-Vera to treat gum-disease, you will have to break-open it leaf and then extract pulp from it, gently rub the pulp directly over the affected-gums and then leave the pulp on for about 10-minutes. After, gargle using cold-water and then spit the residue out. However, consider repeating this process for about 3-times daily until gum-problem subsides.