Both proficient professionals and dedicated home users love the Johnson-Level-Tool-99-006K-Self-Leveling Rotary Laser System because of…
Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser Horizontal Level Dry Battery Review
With its incredible level of precision and really tough construction not even the toughest site conditions can stop the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser. It is loaded with really quick self-leveling motors to give you the accuracy that you might have never got with any other lasers on different kinds of projects. For all those long distance leveling tasks this is definitely the perfect laser to use since its range goes all the way to 2,600 feet with accuracy of 1/16inches at every 100feet. It rotates at speeds of 600RPM in full gear and its manual slope match with automatic self leveling makes it the most ideal for excavating. The RL-H4C never lets level out of range, so the moment it is out of position, it immediately re-levels and as a result of its sturdy design, the laser is well protected from dust and water and it can even resist falls. It offers you the normal and fine accuracy modes as well as two LCD displays one on the front and the other at the rear. There are so many unique features for you to look out for, from this Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser.
What we like;
- Long hours of productivity; the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser runs with dry D batteries, these are very long lasting batteries that run for as many as 100hours without stopping so you will have several projects done before running back to the store to get more of these batteries. To save on thee batteries’ power, the laser shuts down automatically after about 30 minutes of not being used. This not only gives you the pleasure of using a tool that gives you lots of hours of production but also reduces a lot on your costs of maintenance since it is such a cost effective tool.
- Slope matching feature; another really outstanding feature of the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser is its slope matching feature that is detailed with automatic cross axis self leveling which makes grade setting easy. In full gear the laser spins at 600RPM and when it is knocked out of range, the tool re-levels automatically at an amazing accuracy. For all those tough jobs this laser will always give you the accuracy you need.
- Tough construction; thanks to very sturdy design, the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser has ability to withstand even the roughest site conditions. This is not one of those lasers that get spoilt or damage as soon as it is dropped, this tool is very tough. Its IP66 rated housing makes it overly resistant to not only water but dust as well hence maximizing it durability.
- Long distance laser sensor; the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser has been found very efficient even for long distance projects, it has an outstanding range of up to 2600ft together with accuracy of 1/16inches at 100 feet. It also comes with a long range laser sensor that enables you to increase to the tool’s full working range, the RL-H4C Rotary Laser is without any doubt the most perfect laser for larger scale projects such as excavating.
- New dual handle design; for added convenience, ease of use and better maneuverability of the tool, it has been designed with dual handles. Working with these dual handles feels a lot more comfortable and less fatiguing.
- Quick self leveling motors; the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser is loaded with super accurate motors, they are +/-10arch which means that no matter how complicate your project you are assured to have accurate results.
- Visible red beam laser diode; because of long distance range, some people have actually confused this laser to be an outdoor beam but this is not the case, it can also be used for indoor tasks for example fixing floor and wall floor tiles, alignment of cabinets among others thanks to the visible red beam.
- Two LCD displays; the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser has not just one but two LCD displays, there is one located at the front and the other on the rear.
- Low battery indicator and out of range alert; to save you the frustration of the tool stopping right in the middle of your session it comes with a low battery indicator which keeps you in perfect knowledge of your tool’s battery level. When battery is about to run out it will notify you and in addition it also has the out of range alert that lets you know when your level goes out of range to eliminate any mistakes.
- User friendly manual; it comes with a manual having very clear instructions of how to set up the machine so it will take you only a few minutes to get started.
What we don’t like;
- Way too expensive; it is quite impossible for home users to spend such a huge sum of money on a leveling tool, the professionals will definitely not think twice about investing in the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser however it is way too expensive for someone who wants to use for just indoor home use and a few outdoor tasks.
- Quite heavy; it has a weight of 14pounds which is too heavy, if you compared the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser with several other level tools you will find that this one is much heavier. It is quite tiring especially if used for longer hours.
When it comes to long distance measurement there is absolutely no device that comes close to the Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser. The self leveling laser features 360 degree reference for whole room coverage with outstanding accuracy. This is laser reaches a long distance of 2600ft, the longest you can find as its tough design allows it to work through even those rough site conditions. While other tools can’t perform well on slopes, this Topcon RL-H4C Rotary Laser uses its slope matching feature to deliver outstanding performance on tasks on slopes like excavating, sloped fields and pads among so many others. Its design it both water proof and dust proof and also detailed with comfortable dual handles which make operation much more convenient.