The way students learn today has been greatly changed by the utilization of technology by…
Use of Technology in Classroom to Enhance Teaching and Learning
In the past, classes were conducted using chalk-boards, textbooks, notebooks, pencils and pens. However, today there has been a rise in new technological teaching-tools such as whiteboards, projectors and smart-devices that have actually helped to make learning more efficient and effective than in the past. In fact, technology has provided teachers with numerous tools that can be used inside and outside the classroom and even students can now learn better than in the past. However, new technologies are rinsing at a fast pace and this actually requires teachers and student to adapt to fast growing technologies in-order to gain from them in classroom environment.
Ways of Using Technology in a Classroom to Enhance Teaching and Learning:
- Presentation Software: Today there are several softwares like; PowerPoint that can be used visual-illustrations or presentation while in a classroom-environment. In fact, visual-aid technologies help to complement teaching, stimulate discussions and even allows for out-of-class teaching. However, teachers and students need to learn how to use presentation-software in order to achieve the best results while in a classroom environment.
- Word Processing: Today, students can install word-processing software on their computers and then use it to write while in a classroom environment. In fact, using a computer to write feels more convenient than handwriting. In fact, even teachers can easily create PDFs and handouts for their students using word-processors thus eliminating the need for textbooks.
- Classroom Response Systems: Teachers can also encourage student engagement in a classroom-environment by using electronic-devices that allow students to record their answers to multiple choice questions and then instantly display the results. In fact, the anonymity of these systems helps to encourage student participation which is a great thing. For example, Clickers is a great response-system that can serve as a catalyst for discussions in a classroom environment.
- Class Websites: Today, teachers can easily create Class-websites using softwares like WordPress in order to enhance on learning. In fact, a class-website can feature a message-board where students and teachers can have conversations and solve difficult topics. Additionally, teachers can even post educational-material on certain lessons/topics in-order to allow students learn more about a particular-subject online. ( Learn How To Create a Website …here…)
- Online-Projects and Collaboration-Tools: Today, teachers and students can easily carryout different projects online and there are even several collaboration-tools that help students work together to achieve a deeper understanding of any course material.
- Digital Textbooks: Technology has also allowed teachers to create digital-textbooks that can be easily shared amongst students online thus eliminating the need for physical-textbooks that were used in the past. In fact, digital-textbooks are very easy to create, share and even very convenient since they can easily be accessed online using your computer-device.
- Information Visualization Tools: Technology helps in the creation visualized educational-content in order to make learning more interesting for students. In fact, there are several tools that can be used to transform words into pictures or videos and this actually enhances on learning-process under a classroom-environment.
- Educational Computer Games: using computer-games with an educational-theme under a classrooms-environment actually helps students to interact with educational-content and even learn without realizing that they are learning. In fact, computer-games work perfectly for elementary students that tend to have less attention under a classroom-environment.
- Use of Podcasts: with Podcasts, teachers can easily create digital audio-clips containing information that students may need for initial learning or reviewing. On the other hand, even students can create audio-clips on different topics in-order to help educate their friends. In fact, podcasts can be uploaded on a class-website and then downloaded or shared between students in-order to maximize learning.
- Video Streaming: Using videos in a classroom environment actually helps students to learn efficiently and effectively than never before. For example, YouTube is a great tool for finding great video-clips that can be used to compliment any lesson under a classroom environment.
- Wikis and Blogs: These technologies allow students to publish their ideas and stories while sharing them with friends. In fact, Wikis and Blogs can encourage learning in an interactive way compared to traditional learning methods.
- Video Conferencing: Using Video Conferencing technology allows students to get lessons from different teachers around the world while in a classroom-environment. In fact, this technology allows students to speak with virtual-guest-lecturers and even interact with other students from different countries.
- Teaching with computer-devices: Today, different teachers and students are using computer-devices like tablets, laptops and even Smartphones to carryout lessons under a classroom environment. In fact, schools are only beginning to explore the many possibilities of using computer-devices in classrooms.
- Use of social-media platforms: Although social-media can be a disrupting tool for students in a classroom environment, social-media can actually be used to share thoughts, comments and concerns in real-time making it a perfect for shy students who feel more comfortable conversing online than in a classroom. In fact, social-media is an easy way for students to share resources and help each other out both outside and inside a classroom environment.