The Eclean is a Portable, Twin-Tub Washing-Machine with a capacity of 7-lbs and this actually…
5 Best Washing Machine 2019
We have two popular types of washing machines and these include ”Top Load & Front Load washers”. However, majority of people seem to prefer top loaders to front loaders because they’re very easy to load. Since you’re shopping for a good washing machine, I suggest you consider some of these factors before making that final purchase decision.
- CYCLES:- Premium washing machines like ”LG WT1701CW TurboWash” will provide you with 12 wash cycles and 13 options to choose from. This kind of machine will enable you customize your own laundry. For example, if you have some white laundry, you can select a cycle for that and wash them independently. The more cycles and options to choose from, the better the appliance.
- LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION:- By default all washing machines use electricity and we all know that using energy efficient home appliances is the way to go especially when you want to save some money. Always shop for an appliance with low energy consumption; It has to be Energy Star-certified otherwise your bills will skyrocket.
- EFFICIENT:- We have talked about low power consumption, but it should not affect the performance of that appliance. It should be fast and efficient even when it uses less power because time is another crucial factor to consider.
- CAPACITY:- The main reason why we all need to have a washing machine in our homes is because we want to save time, do our laundry at once. So the capacity of that washing machine is very ideal. The larger the drum, the easier the tusk; this same principle applies to single people who always do their laundry during the weekend.
- SIZE :- Right, since this is a home appliance, you have to consider the available space at home before adding any of these featured top 10 washing machines to your cart. If you don’t have too much space, opt for a small model but if you have enough space in the garage or any other room, opt for a bigger size (that is if you can afford it).
5 Best Washing Machines 2019
- LG WT1701CW TurboWash 5.0 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer – Check Price on Amazon****
- Speed Queen AWN432SP 26″ Top Load Washer with 3.3 cu. ft. Capacity – Check Price on Amazon
- Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer – Check Price on Amazon
- Danby DWM17WDB Portable Top Load Washing Machine – Check Price on Amazon
- Super Compact 5.5 Lb. Capacity Full Automatic Washer – Check Price on Amazon
TOP-LOAD WASHERS VS FRONT-LOAD WASHERS:
Before going any further with this detailed review I want us to first look at the major difference between top loading and front-loading washing machines. At the end of this comparison, you will clearly know which model to buy.
NOTE:- Both models do the same job – which is to wash your laundry. However, they differ in design and functionality. Let’s look at what makes them different and unique from each other:
- DOOR:- The front-loaders door is placed at the front which makes it easy to load, however it requires you to bend so that you insert the laundry well in the washing machine and this makes it difficult to load especially if you have some back issues. On the other hand, top loaders have an opening door at the top and this makes it easy to load them. But when it comes to unloading a top-loader, you might have some difficulty yet it is very easy to unload a front-load washing machine.
- SIZE:- At a glance, these two models might look the same, however, a top-loader will save you more space than a front loader. A front-loader’s door opens forward just like a car door, so you will need enough space for that door otherwise you might find it difficult to load the machine. On the other hand, a top-loader’s door is at the top of the appliance, it opens upward, meaning you can put it in a small space.
- CONTROLS:- I have looked at both models and I have noticed that controls are put in different areas. On a top loader, controls are found at the top of the machine, this makes it easy to use the appliance. You don’t have to bend to select cycle options or program your machine. On the other hand, controls on the front loader are located at the top front sections. Much as it seems okay to have them there; it will require you to bend a little bit to set the machine.
- SPACE:- Front-loaders have no center agitator so they have more space inside for your clothes. The ability to have more spaces on the inside makes Front loaders ideal washing machines for large families and laundry businesses. A top loader is good for a small family but it has a center agitator which reduces on space for laundry. Another thing I would like to include is low power consumption in front loading washing machines. So if you want to reduce on your power bills, a Front loader should be your best option.
- What Is The Best Washer and Dryer (Combo)
- 5 Best Rated Electric Dryer For Clothes
- What Is The Best Air Conditioner
- What Is The Best Portable Air Conditioner
- What Is The Best Dehumidifier
- What Is The Best Vacuum Cleaner
- What Is The Best Cordless Vacuum
- What Is The Best Vacuum Cleaner for pet hair
- What Is The Best Carpert Cleaner
- What Is The Best Air Purifier
- What Is The Best Water Filter System
- What Is The Best Steam Inhaler
- How to Buy Washing Machines
WASHING MACHINE REVIEWS 2019
1. LG WT1701CW TurboWash 5.0 Cu. Ft. White Top Load Washer
In position 1, we have LG WT1701CW TurboWash 5.0 Cu. Ft, so far it’s rated as the best top loading washing machine on the market even though its price is still high compared to other related models like LG WT1101CW. This model is very easy to use, the control panel and LED display are located at the top, so you can easily set / choose cycles with just one button touch. The LED display is very easy to read so you will know exactly what is going on inside the appliance. In terms of capacity, it has a 5.0 Cu Ft capacity; however, when I did a simple search on LG.com I discovered that the appliance has a 4.9 cu. ft mega capacity (it’s almost the same as 5.0). With all this large capacity, you can wash as many clothes as you can. LG WT1701CW’s TrueBalance will make sure your loads remain smooth and quiet. (so if you have been worrying about noise, worry no more).
SPEED:- In the introduction of this post, I talked about choosing an efficient washing machine. First it has to be very easy to load – it should have a large capacity so that you do big volumes at once and then it has to wash your clothes very fast because you probably have less time to waste even on weekends. Good news is that LG WT1701CW has a TurboWash system which speeds up on the performance of this appliance. You can choose to opt for this TurboWash feature or use default settings; either way the machine will do the job in an appropriate manner. The only con of using a TurboWash feature is high power consumption which might skyrocket your power monthly bills – so don’t use that feature all the time.
COMPETITION:- As I was doing some research on Amazon, I found a great competitor for LG WT1701CW. However, it is a bit expensive than our ”LG WT1701CW ” and it’s a front loader too. But if you’re comfortable spending $1000 for a washing machine, then opt for a premium front door combo washer & dryer machine called Westland WD2100XC. This model is highly rated (9.3/10), it has a splendid extra capacity, it is silent, faster, very easy to operate, has an extra wide door opening which makes it easy to put & remove laundry, features a display up-to-the-minute cycle status which shows you how much time is remaining to complete a specific cycle, spins at 1200 rpm, has 11 pound dry capacity, 15 pound wash capacity, 10 wash cycles and 3 dry cycles. Other extra features include water temperature – low heat selector, low spin selector and extra rinse cycle for very dirty clothes. With all these features, you can do a lot with Westland WD2100XC White Vented Combo Washer/Dryer than LG WT1701CW
WAVE FORCE TECHNOLOGY:- Some stains can be difficult to remove even when you use strong detergents. So you will need extra help from this Wave Force Technology, it will deeply clean your clothes hence leave them with no stains. The machine also has an Oxi-Sanitize cycle which kills 99.9% germs and bacteria thus leaving your clothes pure clean and bacteria free. The Wave force technology takes advantage of rapid (fast) drum movement and very powerful water jets to thoroughly clean your clothes. LG WT1701CW’s stainless steel drum is durable / strong and gentler on clothing.
LOW ENERGY CONSUMPTION:- When shopping for the best home appliance, you should always consider products with ENERGY START CERTIFICATION. These appliances don’t consume too much power thus save you lots of cash at the end of the month. If your electricity bills have been high, think of replacing all electrical appliances in your home with ENERGY START certified appliances.
CYCLES:- I like the fact that LG WT1701CW offers you with more wash cycles than any other washing machine on the market. You can choose from 12 Wash cycles which include; Oxi-Sanitize, Heavy Duty, Cotton/Normal, Delicates, Speed Wash and Power Cleanse cycles and so much more. With all these cycles, you can’t fail to get a desired result. For example, if you want to wash denim jeans (they have very hard materials) – opt for ”heavy duty cycle” this will set the machine to a high performance level hence clean your jeans the same way it cleans cotton shirts.
AUTOMATIC WATER LEVEL ADJUSTMENT:- If you load this machine with lots of clothes, it might not be very easy for you to know the exact amount of water to use to get better results. Now, since your washing machine will be connected to running water from a near-by faucet, it will automatically adjust water level to effectively wash your clothes. This prevents wastage of water hence reduce on your monthly water bills. May be the other thing you have to note is ”use of high-efficient detergent”, this is something you can choose, it can’t be automated. Once you have the right detergent pour the right amount in the load, the machine will mix it well with water and wash your clothes very well.
- 12 Wash Cycles
- Smart Diagnosis feature (this helps you to troubleshoot the machine quickly)
- Energy Star Certified
- 0 cu.ft Mega Capacity
- Out-of-Balance Detection
- Cycle Time Remaining Display – easily know how much time is remaining to complete a particular cycle
- End-Of-Cycle Signal – This will clearly show you that a selected cycle is complete
- Add Garment (pause) – you can easily pause the machine and add in more load (that is if there is still more space)
- Control Lockout
- SlamProof Diamond Glass Lid
- Child Lock
- Direct Drive Motor
- Delay Start
- Door Window
- Soft Close Lid
- Front Control panel
2. Eclean Portable Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine 7lbs ***Washer & Dryer
In position 2, we have Eclean Portable Compact Twin Tub Washing Machine 7lbs. It is a small compact appliance suitable for small Apartments, Dorms, Campers and RVs. It is a top loader model with a washing capacity of 7lb and a semi automatic system which makes it easy to operate. If you love camping with your family, this is the right portable washing machine for you. It gets some stiff competition from Panda portable washers but in terms of design, Eclean seems to be better.
POWER:- Much as it is small and compact, it has a very powerful system to offer you with the best & quick results. Eclean’s Spin Power is 120 W (similar with that of Panda Compact Washer), washing power is 240w and Spin RMP (rounds per minute) is 1300. Its voltage frequency is 110v / 60Hz. If your apartment has 220v you might consider buying a Step-down-adapter because this appliance can only use 110v.
PRICE:- If you have a small budget, I suggest you start with this small portable washing machine. It is suitable for single people and couples. But still, even a small family of about 3-4 people can use it (though you will need to do more cycles because it does not have a large capacity like LG WT1701CW).
DRAINING: After using this portable dishwasher, you have to drain it well, however, the best way to do this is by using a water pump which comes with this product. On the other when it comes to filling it with water, you can use a bucket / shower head (that is if your faucet does not fit the washer’s tub)
DURATION:- Eclean portable washing machine can be used to clean / wash all sorts of fabrics. But according to its specs, this is what it can do in a specific period of time:
- Cotton and Synthetics: 5-9 min wash/Rinse, 3-5 min Spin
- Towels and sheets: 12-15 min wash/Rinse, 4-5 min Spin
- Heavy soiled: 12-15 min wash/Rinse, 4-5 min Spin
3. Speed Queen AWN432SP 26″ Top Load Washer with 3.3 cu. ft. Capacity
In position 3, we have Speed Queen AWN432SP 26″ Top Load Washer with 3.3 cu. ft. Capacity. This one competes very well our ”LG WT1701CW TurboWash’’ featured in position 1. Speed Queen reserves its traditional shape for top loader washer which makes it unique and cool. It features a high load capacity 3.3 cu ft and a galvanized steel cylinder which is highly durable and effective. In terms of speed, it makes 68 strokes per minute and 710 RPM (rounds per minute), so both hard / soft cotton clothes will be washed effectively.
DURABLE:- Speed Queen AWN432SP is built to last. It is constructed with high quality metal component and tested to perform effectively for at least 25 years.It has a three-coat commercial grade finish which keeps it nice looking for so many years. The galvanized steel cylinder can’t rust, corrode or crack, so it will always look new and clean. The same applies to its 3.3 cu ft. stainless steel tub.
CLEANER CLOTHES:- I’m sure the main reason why we prefer washing machines to hands is speed & efficiency. Speed Queen AWN432SP is a premium washing machine; it has a perfect mechanism which moves more laundry (clothes) through water and mixes it very well with strong detergent to remove all stubborn stains and dirt. It has a 210-degree which makes 68 strokes per minute hence stir both detergents and water very well for maximum performance. At the same time, its tub keeps on spinning during draining to prevent dirt from remaining behind.
- Full Tub Wash & Rinse (this will fill the all tub with water for maximum cleanliness.
- 210º Agitation with 60 strokes per minute
- Commercial-Grade Steel Cabinet
- No Lid Lock (you can open the lid by yourself to stop any cycle at any given moment)
- Stainless Steel Tub
- Voltage (120 volts)
- 4 wash cycles
- 3-year warranty
4. Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer
In position 4, we have Haier HLP21N Pulsator 1-Cubic-Foot Portable Washer. It is a compact top-loading washing machine with a moderate capacity. It can load up-to 6 pounds of laundry and it measures 7-1/4 by 17-3/5 by 30 inches so it can fit very well in a small space. In terms of design, Haier HLP21N looks better than Eclean portable compact washing machine (featured in position 2). Its control panel is fixed at the top so you don’t have to bend to set the machine.
BATTERIES:- Since it is a portable appliance, it uses AAA rechargeable batteries and its battery life span is 15 hours. So make sure you charge the batteries fully before using this appliance. I like the fact that you can re-charge this electrical appliance because suddenly you might run out of power. Other power specifications include; Voltage (2 volts), Wattage (45 watts).
POWER:- This battery operated portable washer makes 200 BPM (Beats Per Minute). In my opinion, this is a normal speed for a small portable washer. You can choose from 3 wash cycles to get better results.
WATER:- According to its specifications, this model has a capacity of 28 liters. You can refill it with a faucet using a water hose or put water in a bucket and pour it directly into the machine. Once the machine gets enough water (28 liters) – it will start washing your clothes. Since its not a very strong washer, I suggest you pour water in the drum 1 hour before washing. This will help your clothes soak very well in soapy water and they will be easier to wash.
QUIET:- I’m sure you can’t stand a noisy washing machine especially when you leave in apartment and you always do your laundry late in the night. Haier HLP2IN is very quiet (8 Sones) and smart, it performs its job quietly but avoid overloading it – this might affect its performance.
- Capacity (cu. ft.) 1
- No Energy Star ( but it uses AAA rechargeable batteries which consume less power)
- Stainless steel drum basket
- 3 Water level selections
- 3 wash cycles
- Comes with heavy duty casters
- Less noise
- Clear plastic door lid
- Quick Connect Sink Adapter
- 700 Rounds Per Minute (Spin Speed)
- 1 year warranty
5. Super Compact 5.5 Lb. Capacity Full Automatic Washer
In position 5, we have Super Compact 5.5 Lb. Capacity Full Automatic Washer. Its design is similar to that of Haier HLP21N (featured in position 4) but it’s a little bit smaller than Haier. It can wash 1-2 pairs of blue jeans on each load. It is a small capacity washing machine so make sure before ordering for this affordable appliance it fits your needs. If you have a big family but looking for a portable washer which you can move with when going for camping this is the right choice for you. Its glass Lid door will enable you see what is going on inside the washer.
SMALLEST and LIGHTEST:- Since it’s a portable washer, weight is a very crucial factor, according to its specs, the product weighs 35 pounds only (Lighter than Haier HLP21N which weighs 59 pounds). With a 5.5 lb wash capacity, Super Compact is perfect on small loads. It spins at 800 RPM (faster than Haier HLP21N) – with this fast speed, your clothes will be cleaned in a very short period of time.
ENVIRONMENT FRIENDLY:- Since it is a small capacity washer, it uses less power & water.
- 8 cubic foot capacity
- Weight ”35 pounds”
- 120 degree Fahrenheit water
- Smaller footprint and lighter
- No washer-dryer hookup required.
- Spins 800 RPM
- Wattage (200 watts)
- Voltage (110v ac)
- Panda Small Compact Portable Washing Machine(6-7lbs Capacity)****Twin tub with spinner
In position 6, we have Panda Small Compact Portable washing machine with a capacity of 6-7lbs. I have noticed that Panda washers have a better rating than other brands in that category of ”portable washers”. Panda has a spin dryer which helps in drying your clothes after washing them. Spin power is 120 Watts and Spin Speed is 1300 RPM. I recommend this product to all campers and people who leave in small apartments with less space. It has a dimension of 22.83 × 14.17 × 25.59 inch so it can fit very well in a small space and it weighs only 28 pounds (Lighter than Super Compact washer featured in position 5). Panda is very easy to use & load. Simply fill it with water & detergent, load it well with enough laundry (don’t exceed maximum capacity) and then set the timer.
SPIN DRYER:- Panda’s washing capacity is 3.6kg / 7.9 lbs, however, it has both a washing section and a spinning section which dries your clothes very fast. The spinner Dryer capacity is 2.0 kg / 4.4 lbs. This spin dryer saves you from hanging your clothes in sunshine, so if you always do your laundry late in the night, you will be in position to have something to ware in the morning.
- Drainage Pump (use it after washing your clothes to drain water out of Panda)
- Light weight – 28 pounds
- Dimension (22.8 x 14.2 x 25.6 inches)
- Capacity – 6 – 7 lbs
- Voltage Frequency:110V/60Hz
- See through door lid (this enables you to see what exactly goes on inside the drum)
- 1300 RMP spin speed
- Spin power – 120w
- Spin Dryer Capacity :3-3.5 lbs
- 1 year warranty
7. Danby DWM17WDB Portable Top Load Washing Machine – White
In position 7, we have Danby DWM17WDB Portable Top Load Washing Machine. It is among the best top load washing machines on the market with 11.02 lb. capacity and 8 wash programs from which you can choose from. I recommend this appliance to people with minimal amount of space and are not willing to install full size washers. This model comes loaded with essential features which include; stainless tub which does not rust or get damaged easily, a full length top load agitator which stirs and mixes detergent with water very fast to effectively wash your laundry, 4 water level settings and 8 wash programs from which you can choose from to get custom results.
SAFETY:– Not all washers featured on this list have safety features so you have to avoid opening the Lid when the washer is in operation. However, Danby DWM17WDB is protected by a safety lid – the machine will stop spinning once you open the lid thus saving you from trouble. Other models use a pause / delay button which you press to stop the functionality of the washer for a few minutes to monitor its performance or add more laundry in the drum.
EFFICIENT WATER FLOW SYSTEM:- One thing you should not worry about when using Damby DWM17WDB is water overflow because it has a water-overflow protection system which makes sure the drum only has the required amount of water. This feature will save you from water wastage hence reduce on your water bills.
QUIET:- Much as it looks like a big appliance with 310 watts, this 11 lbs capacity washing machine is very quiet. However, you should avoid overloading it because that could affect its performance and it might result into some noise or failure of the washer.
- 02 lb (5 kg) capacity washer
- 4 water level settings
- 8 wash programs
- Stainless steel tub and drum
- Rust resistant galvanized steel cabinet
- Electronic controls
- Quiet operation
- Water overflow protection
- Safety lid – spinning stops when open
- 120V electrical requirement
- Casters for easy portability
- 10yr Warranty on Major Components
RELATED:- How to Use a Washing Machine
8. XtremepowerUS Electric Small Mini Portable Compact Washer Washing Machine****Washer & Dryer
In position 8 we have XtremepowerUS Electric Small Mini Portable Compact Washer Washing Machine, it is also a dual purpose appliance; one side is for washing clothes and the other side is for drying them. The washer section has a capacity of 33L and the Dryer section has a capacity of 16L. On this list, we have three brands with this functionality and these include Eclean (featured in position 2), Panda Compact washer (featured in position 6) and Xtremepower in position 8. So if you’re looking for a wash and dry portable washing machine, take your time and compare those 3 brands. Good news is that they all come at a very good price but what I have noticed is that Xtremepower has a bigger capacity both in the washer section and dryer section.
NOTE:- Much as it looks big in size, this washer is compact and portable. You can use it to wash your clothes, bed sheets and related items but it can’t wash blankets and bed covers. It can’t hold too much laundry. It’s cleaning / wash power is 210watts. It takes a small space, so if you live in a small apartment, this is the best recommendation for you.
SPIN DRYER:- After washing your clothes very well, stop the machine and manually transfer washed clothed to a dryer. This small compact can wash and dry your clothes but both systems are separate and each section has its own settings. You can use the knobs at the top to customize its functionality. Once the clothes are in the dryer, turn on the machine and choose the right settings. Its spinning dryer power is 135W.
GOOD VALUE FOR THE MONEY:-
- Capacity 9 lbs.
- Voltage 110 V-60HZ
- Input power 135W
- No water level indicator
- Washer Capacity: 8.8Lbs / 33L
- Spin Dry Capacity: 4.4Lbs / 16L
- Overall size: 24-3/4
- Washer Power: 210W
- Spinning Dryer Power: 135W
- Put liquid detergent first and then fill the tub with water before loading it with clothes.
9. Midea 2.0 Cu. Ft. Combination Washer/Dryer Combo – Front Load ***** best front load washing machine
In position 9; we have Midea 2.0 Cu. Ft. Combination Washer/Dryer Combo. It is one of the best front door washing machines and it has a professional design compared to all washers featured on this list. The main reason why it ranked No:9 is because of its moderate customer rating (8.9/10). This post is organized basing on product rating because that actually tells us the exact performance of a product. It is very easy to buy an appliance on-line than from a physical store like Wal-Mart because people who buy a product from an established on-line store like Amazon leave reviews (pros & cons) of that product at the same time rate it basing on its performance. So as a new buyer it becomes very easy for you to filter through results and make the right purchase decision.
COMBO MACHINE:- We have already seen dual purpose washers on this list but all of them are small capacity washers, not very powerful but effective and affordable. On the other hand Mide Combo washer has a larger capacity of 2.0 cu.ft and it fits very well in a small space. I recommend this model to people with moderate size families of about 4 – 5 people. It is powerful enough to wash just about anything and dry it at the same time. Unlike other dual washer / dryer machines with two separate sections, this model has only one drum where washing & drying takes place. It will spin your laundry at 1200 RPM (Rounds Per Minute).
- Combo washer & dryer
- Voltage/Frequency: 120V/60HZ
- Spin speed (RPM): 1200
- Dimension: W*D*H(inch): 23 7/16*24 *33 7/16
RELATED:- How to Use Washing Machine Controls
10.LG WM4270HWA TurboWash 4.5 Cu. Ft. White Stackable – Front Load
In position 10, we have LG WM4270HWA TurboWash 4.5 Cu. Ft. It is a premium front load washer with an Energy Star certification. This means you will get more with less power usage which is a pretty good thing. This model will offer you with 14 wash cycles (more than what Westland WD2100XC can offer you). It is a Turbo washing machine – meaning it does the job faster than most washers on this list. At the begging of this post we saw that speed & power consumption of a washer are crucial factors to be considered when shopping for a good washing machine. Also other things like capacity and size count because you don’t want to spend the rest of your day washing clothes.
EASY TO USE:- LG WM4270HWA TurboWash 4.5 Cu. Ft has some great features which make it very easy to use. For example, the 11 wash options which can easily be selected via the control; can enable you customize the performance of the machine basing on the type of laundry. It also has 14 wash cycles from which you can chose from. Now if you have been following this post from item-to-item, you will notice that majority of washers on this list have 3 – 4 wash cycles, the only one with more than that was LG WT1701CW – 12 cycles.
AUTOMATICALLY ADJUSTS WATER TO THE SIZE OF LOAD: This model does not have water level markings but it automatically adjusts water level basing on the load size. This automated process prevents water wastage and it also saves you lots of time. What you have to do is to connect it directly to a faucet using a horse.
- 5 cu. ft Capacity
- 1,300 RPM – Spin Speed
- 14 Wash Cycles
- 11 Options
- 6Motion Technology
- SmartDiagnosis (you can easily test its status with just a single button)
- TrueBalance™ Anti-Vibration System
- Forced Drain System (makes it very easy to drain water out the machine after using it)
- Direct Drive Motor (increases performance)
- Child Lock (this prevents children from playing with the appliance)
- End of Cycle Signal (it will clearly beep when a selected cycle is complete)
- Internal Water Heater (your clothes will be washed with hot water, so no dirt or germs will remain)
- Status Indicator (s) – You will know the status of your laundry
- NeveRust™ Stainless Steel Drum
- Upfront Electronic Control-Panel
- SenseClean™ System
- Allergiene™ Cycle
- ColdWash™ Option
- 4 Tray Dispenser
- ENERGY STAR® (saves power)
- LED Display
- TurboWash® Technology
- 10-Year Limited Warranty
- High quality
- Easy to use
- Fast and Efficient
- Better results
- Quiet performance
- Fits in a small area