10 Best Electric Shavers 2017 – Review for Men’s Razors
WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT BRAUN SERIES 9 & PANASONIC ES-LV95?
- Both are Wet and Dry – ideal for sensitive skins
- Both have pivoting shaving heads. Braun Series 9 has a 10-D contour adaptive shaving head which gently adapts to your facial contour. Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 too; has a Multi-Flex™ pivoting head which follows your facial contour.
- Both are fast and effecient. (Braun makes 40,000 cuts per minute While Panasonic makes 70,000 cross-cutting actions per minute)
- Both have beard density sensors which determine shavers speed and effectiveness basing on beard density.
- Both are premium foil shavers – very friendly on sensitive skins.
- Both have clean & renew systems which keeps the shaver clean & blades sharp all the time.
- Both have Pop-up trimmers which you can use to define your sideburn / mustache.
- Both have good battery life.
- Both are 100% Waterproof (so you can shave while in the shower)
LIST OF THE BEST ELECTRIC SHAVERS 2017:
TYPES OF SHAVERS FEATURED ON THIS LIST:
Foil shavers like Braun & Panasonic are very good on sensitive skins simply because they don’t pull the skin. Rotary shavers (like Philips Norelco) have circular blades which move in a circular motion so you might get a few irritations during the first use – but later on your skin gets used to the circular blades. I recommend you read our Electric Shaver Buying Guide before making that final purchase decision.
REVIEWS FOR THE BEST ELECTRIC SHAVERS 2017:
|WET & DRY||Yes|
|BATTERY LIFE||50 min|
|CONTOUR ADAPTATION||10 D|
|INTELLIGENT SYNCROSONIC TECHNOLOGY||Yes|
BRAUN SERIES 9-9095CC REVIEW:
This model is hygienically clean (voted as our best electric shaver 2017), it charges very fast, uses its cleaning system to lubricate blades so that they always offer you with a clean – quick shave and it dries at a touch of a button. Braun series 9 comes in two models. (1) Braun Series 9-9095cc ”Wet & Dry model” and (2) Series 9 9090cc ”Dry only Model. So you can choose between any of those two models basing on the nature of your skin. On the other hand, men who always get ingrown hairs when you shave with an electric razor, I argue you to opt for a wet & dry model because this works very well with shaving cream and its shaving head / foil is very thin and tender.
MAINTENANCE:- Much as it’s a premium model, it needs regular maintenance so that it performs as new even after using it for 5 years. Some of the things you need to do include; replacing foils, blades and cleaning it with a cleaning system. This system is multipurpose. It cleans the shavers head very well using an alcoholic solution, kills germs, lubricates shavers blades, dries it and charges it fully.
The other thing which you can do to prolong your shavers batteries life span is to avoid quick charges. Always allow your razor to charge fully before use. Non of these two models can work while in charge. So wait until it is fully charged (process takes only 1 hour).
- Five specialized shaving elements
- Patented SyncroSonic technology
- 10-D contour adaptation
- 100% waterproof
- 50min cordless shaving
|WET & DRY||Yes|
|NUMBER OF BLADES||5|
|PIVOTING HEAD TYPE||Multi Flex|
|MULTI-FIT ARC FOIL||Yes|
|DUAL-MOTOR CUTTING SYSTEM||No|
|ACTIVE SHAVE SENSOR||Yes|
PANASONIC ES-LV95-S ARC5 REVIEW:
Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 also belongs to Arc5 category like ES-LV81-K Arc5 & Panasonic ES-LV61-A Arc5 but its a little bit polished than its brothers. In my opinion, this is the best premium foil electric shaver on the market.It can out compete Braun 7-799cc because it has each and every feature you need to get a close shave. In terms of price, Braun 7-799cc costs less than Panasonic ES-LV95-S Arc5 but the gap is not that big.
Men with Dense / Coarse beards you will love this shaver because its head has a very good width and it covers a very big surface area hence providing you with a quick close shave. At the same time you can use it to shave your head. If you want to wet shave, you should leather up with a very nice shaving cream, but I suggest you wash your face before lathering up, this makes your beards soft and you will use less shaving cream. After shaving wash off the cream from your face and also clean the shaver using tap water & soap or use its automatic cleaning system.
This is a durable shaver; it can work for over 5 years. But the best way of maintaining its performance is to change blades & foils every after 14 – 18 months and using its clean system to sharpen & lubricate blades.
- Arc5 Shaving System:-
- Active Shaving Sensor:- the shaver automatically detects a change in beard density thus adjust shaving blades according to beard density.
- 5-blade shaving system with sharp blades – offering you with outstanding closeness
- Multi-Flex Pivoting head:-
- Multi-Fit Outer Foil:-
- Flexible Micro-Foil Patterns:-
- 14,000 CPM Linear Electric Razor Motor:-
- Wet/Dry Convenience:- (you can shave in the shower / with shaving cream)
- Premium Automatic Cleaning and Charging Station:-
|WET & DRY||No|
|BATTERY LIFE||50 min|
|CONTOUR ADAPTATION||8 D|
|INTELLIGENT SYNCROSONIC TECHNOLOGY||Yes|
BRAUN SERIES 7-790CC REVIEW:
Braun 7-790cc was built to perform and it has leaved up to every man’s expectation. So far it is the best dry shaver on the market. Men with sensitive & non sensitive skin rank it highly and according to its popularity I will give it a 4.5 / 5.
If you have been search for the best electric shaver of all time, look no further than this. It has been tested by more than 5000 men in the world but 95% of all users of 790cc give it a thumb up. I would have ranked it as number 1 on this list but it lacks the wet shaving option. This model has been upgraded to Series 799cc which features both wet & dry shaving options. But if your skin does well with dry shaving, save your money and buy 7-790cc, there is nothing unique about the latest model except the wet shaving option which is ideal for men with very sensitive skins.
This shaver has an Optifoil which captures more hair in a single pass hence offering you with a quick close shave. Its blades are tender on skin but tough on beards, no matter the nature of beard you have, 790cc will maneuver through it with ease without irritating or pulling your skin. Blades are beneath ultra thin foils, so they never get in contact with your skin yet no hair / beard will be left behind.
Its contour adaptive shaving head makes it easy to shave and cut beards from all problematic areas like the jaw line and under the chin. So as you shave, the head will adjust automatically to each contour leaving you with a smooth close shave.
- 2X OptiFoil cuts hair as short as 0.05mm
- 5 different shaving mode:- These allow you to choose the right shaving mode for your beard style.
- ActiveLift trimmer lifts:- This lifts and cuts flat-lying hairs for a clean close shave.
- 1,000 micro-vibrations per minute
- 4 shaving elements:- Each setting is ideal for specific type of beard and skin
- 8-D contour adaptation:- Its fully flexible shaving head adapts to your facial contour thus offer you with a uniform close shave
- 100% waterproof:– It is a fully dry shaver – but you can use it while in the shower
- 50min cordless shaving:- Its Li-Ion battery does not lose power & performance easily and it can be recharged fully in one hour
|WET & DRY||Yes|
|SHAVING ELEMENTS||V-Track Precision Blade System PRO|
|BATTERY LIFE||60 min|
|CONTOUR ADAPTATION||8 Directions|
|PERSONAL COMFORT SETTINGS||Yes|
|FULL NUMERIC DISPLAY||Yes|
PHILIPS NORELCO 9700 REVIEW:
If you’re a great fan of rotary shavers, Philips Norelco S9721/87, Shaver 9700 is so far the best rotary shaver on the market. I have reviewed different types of Norelco shavers and I will review more of them in the near future, but no shaver will ever compete with this model. Recently Philips released a new Series 7000 and it also has the same design like 9700 but there is something unique about 9700. It is 20 times perfect than most Norelco shavers, its heads can rotate / move in 8 directions.
If you feel skeptical about this shaver, I suggest you read its customer reviews via Amazon, you will see what other people have to say about this shaver. At least that will convince you to own it.
This is the kind of shaver you can control. Use the speed setting feature to customize your own shave. For example, if you have a dense beard, you can opt for maximum speed; this will ensure that your beard is cleared within minutes.
Its price has been slashed down – you grab a piece as early as possible. Don’t miss the AquaTec feature which enables you to wet shave. Other notable features you should know about include; Contour Detect Technology, V-Track Precision Blades, Personal Comfort Settings, 50 min per 1 hr charge and so much more.
- APersonal Comfort Settings
- V-Track Precision Blades Pro will capture each hair regardless of its length (can be used on short stubble)
- Contour Detect Technology – the shaving head can pivot in 8 directions thus enable you shave the hardest places to shave like the neck
- AquaTec Technology – Norelco 9700 is 100% waterproof – you can use it while in the shower.
- Wet and Dry – Men with sensitive skins, you can use this shaver with your favourite shaving cream
|WET & DRY||Yes|
|BATTERY LIFE||50 min|
|CONTOUR ADAPTATION||GyroFlex 3D Contouring|
|PERSONAL COMFORT SETTINGS||No|
|FULL NUMERIC DISPLAY||No|
PHILIPS NORELCO 1250X/40 REVIEW:
The Philips Norelco 1250X/40 SensoTouch 3D is also known as Series 8000. It is not a new shaver but it has managed to compete with all new models released by Norelco. Majority of men who have used this shaver give it a 5 star rating because of its closeness.
It comes with a charging stand which you can use to recharge the shaver and a travel case which protects it when you’re travelling.
BUILD QUALITY AND ERGONOMICS:
Without doubt, 1250x/40 looks and feels premium. It has a solid build-up and a very good shape. It looks awesome when placed on its shaving stand. The rubber insertion on the handle improves on the shaver’s grip thus making it easy to use while in the shower.
In terms of weight, 1250x/40 weighs 1 pound only making it easy to hold for longer hours.
- Gyroflex 3D:- The shaver’s head is fully flexible thus making it easy to shave all facial contours. Its GyroFlex 3D system is made up of 3 dynamic parts that move independently to follow facial contours thus minimizing on pressure used to get a close shave – resulting into less irritation and lowering chances of getting ingrown hairs.
- Ultra track: – With the UltraTrack shaving heads – you will make a few passes to get a real close shave. Why? Because it covers 50% more skin surfaces and it catches every hair (including flat laying hairs) in just a few strokes. You can use 1250x on short stubble.
- Super Lift & Cut: – It is quite difficult to cut hair from the neck because most of the hair in this area lays flat and the skin on the neck is very sensitive. Norelco 1250’s Super Lift & Cut system lifts up flat laying hair, cut them close to the skin without pulling / stretching the skin.
- Wet & Dry:- If you have a sensitive skin, you will need to shave with shaving cream and this shaver performs very well with shaving cream
ELECTRIC SHAVER BUYERS GUIDE:
The market provides us with many choices but selecting the best product can be a challenge, but after writing different reviews I have almost read about most shavers out there on the market. Basing on my search and experience, I advise you to follow this guide when buying grooming tools:
- Skin Friendly:– In this case you can choose between dry only / wet&dry basing on the nature of your skin. For example, if you always have issues with ingrown hairs or bumps: opt for a wet and dry razor – this will require you to leather-up with a nice shaving cream to soften & lift up your beards and at the same time reduce on friction. On the other hand, men with normal skins can do well with completely dry shavers like Braun 790cc.
- Easy To Use: Choose a model with a flexible head, ergonomic shape, light weight, standard shaving head, LCD indicator to show you when the battery is low and an easy to use pop-up beard trimmer.
- Fast & Efficient: All electric razors featured on this list have a standard shaving speed ”10,000 – 14,000 cuts per minute. However, new models like Braun Series 9 have very fast motors which spin blades very fast thus enabling them to make 40,000 cuts per minute. Men with very thick beards, you should opt for the fastest & efficient model.
- Battery Life: The only con with all electric shavers is that you can replace batteries once they die. So you have to opt for a model with a good battery life. It should charge very fast (1 hour) and it should offer you with at least 45 minutes of non stop shaving with a single full charge. Top of the range models like Braun series 9 / Norelco 9700 and Panasonic Arc5; have a quick charge option. So you don’t have to wait for the shaver to charge fully. In a 15 minutes quick charge, you can get 1 full shave. After that you can plug it in power so that it charges fully.
- Price:- Price is not a big deal; you can find some cheap shavers which perform better than premium shavers. But always expensive shavers have some unique features which you might find relevant.
- Accessories:-Don’t fall for shaver accessories like auto / jet clean systems. You can do without them. I have noticed many models by Panasonic, most of them have the same features but an addition of an accessory (cleaning system) makes certain models expensive, so don’t get fooled by those accessories. Buy them only when you need them – other wise your main goal should be on getting a close clean shave.
- Customer Reviews:-Read customer reviews and frequently asked questions published on Amazon / Ebay These reviews are real and 100% trusted.
This marks the end of this detailed review on the Best Electric Shaver 2017. Bookmark this post for future reference.
- 1 WHAT WE LIKE ABOUT BRAUN SERIES 9 & PANASONIC ES-LV95?
- 2 LIST OF THE BEST ELECTRIC SHAVERS 2017:
- 3 TYPES OF SHAVERS FEATURED ON THIS LIST:
- 4 REVIEWS FOR THE BEST ELECTRIC SHAVERS 2017:
- 5 #1st CHOICE:
- 6 BEST ELECTRIC SHAVER FOR SENSITIVE SKINS & THICK BEARDS
- 7 BRAUN SERIES 9-9095CC REVIEW:
- 8 KEY FEATURES:
- 9 #2nd CHOICE:
- 10 BEST PANASONIC ELECTRIC SHAVER – Great alternative for Braun 9095cc
- 12 PANASONIC ES-LV95-S ARC5 REVIEW:
- 13 KEY FEATURES:
- 14 #3rd CHOICE:
- 15 BEST DRY SHAVER SINCE 2010
- 16 BRAUN SERIES 7-790CC REVIEW:
- 17 KEY FEATURES:
- 18 #4th CHOICE:
- 19 LATEST NORELCO ELECTRIC SHAVER
- 21 PHILIPS NORELCO 9700 REVIEW:
- 22 KEY FEATURES:
- 23 #5th CHOICE:
- 24 BEST SENSOTOUCH 3D SHAVER
- 25 PHILIPS NORELCO 1250X/40 REVIEW:
- 26 KEY FEATURES:
- 28 ELECTRIC SHAVER BUYERS GUIDE: