Makita XPH012 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill Kit Review
The Makita XPH012 is an 18V-LXT Lithium-Ion, Cordless 1/2-Inch, Hammer Driver-Drill and Kit that offers versatility and high-performance at any job-site. In fact, the Makita XPH012 18V-LXT can be run as a driver-drill or as a hammer driver-drill thus allowing the user to carry just 1-tool to the job-site instead of 2 separate-tools. On top of that, this hammer driver-drill is powered by an 18-Volt lithium-ion, slide-style battery which offers a quick-charge time so that this tool can spend more-time working and less-time sitting on the charger.
Likewise, the Makita XPH012 features a compact and ergonomic design whereby it enables the user to drill even in hard-to-reach areas while its lightweight design ensures reduces operator fatigue even when working for longer-hours. Lastly, the Makita XPH012 is also part of the 18V Lithium-Ion series and this is actually the largest, cordless-tool line-up powered by 18-Volt Lithium-Ion, slide-style battery.
- The Makita XPH012 is equipped with a powerful 18Volt Lithium-Ion battery with the fastest charging-times in its category and this enables the hammer drill-driver to spend more-time working and less-time sitting on a charger.
- The Makita XPH012 is very versatile because it can operate as a driver-drill and as a hammer driver-drill thus enabling the user to carry only 1-tool on the job-site instead of 2-tools and this actually replaces any standard driver-drill.
- It features a compact and ergonomic design and this enables the operator to use this hammer driver-drill in smaller-areas easily.
- It also features a lightweight design whereby it weighs only 4-lbs. with a battery included. The lightweight design helps to reduce on operator-fatigue and even makes it easy to carry this hammer driver-drill around while working.
- This hammer driver-drill also has a built-in LED drill that illuminates light into dark work-areas.
- Lastly, the Makita XPH012 feels comfortable to use because it features a rubberized soft-grip which offers extra-comfort and a firm-grip when working.
- The LED light on the Makita XPH012 is located just above the trigger so the actual drill-spot is left in a shadow of the chuck but you may still see well-enough while working.
- The Makita XPH012 has no charge-indicator whereby the user won’t be able to monitor the battery-level when working or charging and this is not good. Additionally, there is also a design-flaw in the battery charging-chip and this actually offsets the speedy battery-charge.
- Bosch Ps20-2a 12-Volt Max Pocket Driver With 2 Lithium-Ion Batteries Review
- Black & Decker LDX120C 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion Cordless Drill Review
- DEWALT DC970K-2 18-Volt Compact Drill Review
- DEWALT DCD771C2 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Compact Drill-Driver Kit Review
- Star Protection Computer Controls: the Makita XPH012 Hammer Driver-Drill is equipped with Makita-created Star Protection Computer-Controls. Star-Protection is actually communication-technology that allows a Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real-time and even monitor conditions during usage so as to protect against over-loading, over-discharging and over-heating. Additionally, for increased versatility this hammer driver-drill can also be powered by a Makita 18V-LXT and compact Lithium-Ion battery with the star-symbol on it indicating Star-Protection inside.
- 4-pole motor: The Makita XPH012 Cordless 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill also features a Makita-built, 4-pole motor which delivers up to 480 in.lbs of Maximum-Torque in a compact size. This makes the Makita XPH012 capable of hammering and drilling through any material or surface.
- Dual-purpose tool: The versatile Makita XPH012 can actually shift from “hammer-drill” to “driver-drill” mode and this actually allows the user to carry just 1-tool on for the job instead of 2-tools hence replacing a standard driver-drill.
- Built-in LED light: This Makita XPH012 Hammer Driver-Drill is also equipped with a built in LED-light with an afterglow function that illuminates the work-area with enough light so as to ensure more efficient working especially in dark-places or when working at night.
- A Variable 2-speed design: the Makita XPH012 features a 2-speed, all-metal transmission which delivers 0-to-400 RPM in low-speed and 0-to-500 RPM in high-speed so as to cover a wide-range of drilling and driving applications. Additionally, with 0-to-6,000 blows per minute (BPM) in low and 0-to-22,500 BPM in high, the Makita XPH012 18V-LXT is ideal for drilling into concrete and masonry.
- 18-Volt LXT lithium-ion battery: this Hammer Driver-Drill comes equipped with an 18-Volt LXT lithium-ion 3Ah-battery which reaches a full-charge in just 30 minutes or less. In fact, the Makita 18Volt Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge-times in their category so that they can spend more-time operating and less-time sitting on the charger.
- Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC): it also comes with an 18V Lithium-Ion, Rapid-Optimum Charger which communicates with the battery’s in-built chip throughout the charging-process in order to optimize the battery-life by actively-controlling the voltage, current and temperature. Additionally, this Rapid-optimum-charger features a built-in fan that cools the battery for faster and more efficient charging.
- Rubberized handle: the Makita 18V Cordless Hammer Driver-Drill is also designed with a rubberized, soft-grip handle that provides increased comfort while drilling or screwing. This handle also ensures that user achieves a firm drip while working so as to prevent slippage that could lead to serious injuries.
- Lightweight design: The Makita XPH012 driver-drill weighs only 4.0-pounds with the battery included and this actually ensures reduced operator fatigue. Additionally, the lightweight design makes it easy to carry this driver-drill around when not in use.
- A compact and ergonomic design: it also features a more compact design whereby its only 8-1/8 inches long while its ergonomic-shape that fits like a glove for reduced operator fatigue.
- Part of the Makita expanding 18-Volt, Lithium-Ion series: this Makita XPH012 is part of Makita’s expanding 18-Volt Lithium-Ion series which is actually the world’s largest cordless-tool line-up powered by an 18-Volt, Lithium-Ion, slide-style battery.
- Great warranty-period: the Makita XPH012 Hammer Driver-Drill is backed by a 3-year warranty on tools and a 1-year warranty on the battery. So, if anything happens to the driver-drill or battery then the user is liable to receiving a replacement.
The Makita XPH012 is premium-quality 18Volt-LXT, Lithium-Ion, Cordless 1/2-Inch Hammer Driver-Drill that is equipped with Star Protection Computer-Controls which allows the driver-drill and battery to exchange data in real-time and monitor the conditions during usage so as to guard against over-loading, over-discharging and overheating. Additionally, the Makita XPH012 can be run as a driver-drill or as a hammer driver-drill and this actually enables the user to carry just 1-tool that can do several jobs hence replacing standard driver-drills.
On the other hand, the Makita XPH012 features a 4-pole motor which delivers 480 in.lbs of Maximum-Torque while the variable 2-speed all-metal transmission delivers 0-to-400 RPM in low-speed and 0-to-1,500 RPM in high-speed so as to cover a wide-range of driving and drilling applications. On top of that, this hammer driver-drill weighs only 4.0-pounds with the battery included coupled with a more compact design whereby its only 8-1/8 inches long while its ergonomic-shape ensures proper fit just like a glove in order to ensure reduced operator-fatigue. Lastly, the Makita XPH012 18Volt-LXT has a built-in LED work-light with an afterglow-function that illuminates the work-area with light so as to ensure a more efficient and effective working environment.
Who does it benefit?
- Benefits people doing serious drilling and driving tasks: the Makita XPH012 is designed for serious workers or experts because it equipped with a 4-pole motor that delivers 480-in.lbs. of Maximum-Torque coupled with a variable 2-speed, all-metal transmission that delivers 0 to 400 RPM in low-speed and 0 to 1,500 RPM in high-speed so as to cover a wide-range of drilling or driving applications. On top of that, with 0-to-6,000 BPM in low and 0-to-22,500 BPM in high, the Makita XPH012 is an ideal tool for drilling into concrete and masonry.
- It works for people searching for a multi-purpose driver/drill: the Makita XPH012 can actually shift form hammer-drill to driver-drill mode and this actually allows you to carry just 1-tool that is equipped with all the function required to complete any given drilling, hammering and driving job easily compared to standard driver-drills.
What Else Do You Need?
- Makita T-01725 Impact Drill-Driver Bit Set (70-Piece): this drill-driver bit set actually contains all the bits required for accomplishing any specific job offered to you.
- Makita BL1830-2 18-Volt 3.0-AH Battery (2-Pack): you should purchase this battery pack because the 18-Volt battery in your Makita XPH012 will at some point become weak and require a replacement.