A treadmill is a machine that is used for exercise - It is designed characteristically…
5 Best Treadmills For Walkers 2019
Many people today prefer walking to running as way of exercising in order to keep their bodies fit and healthy. In fact, walking is a great low-impact activity that can be easily achieved on a treadmill or outside depending on your current situation. On the other hand, using a treadmill for walking is great thing because such a fitness-machine is very easy to use, burns-up more calories and also very convenient to use inside your home.
However, choosing the right treadmill for walking-activity is not an easy thing because they are actually many treadmills with different features on the market and will actually be upon you to get a treadmill that you think can meet your fitness-goals. Additionally, most treadmills for walking don’t actually have very high specifications because they are not designed for intensive workouts and this actually means that they are a bit affordable than high-end treadmills.
All in all, in this post I will provide you with of the best walking treadmills that will enable get an effective and comfortable workout conveniently when at home.
5 BEST TREADMILLS FOR WALKERS 2019
- Exerpeutic TF1000 Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- LifeSpan TR3000i Folding Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A TREADMILL FOR WALKERS?
There are several factors you need to consider when looking for a treadmill for walking and these actually range from the treadmills performance to it build-quality. However, some of these factors have been listed in the buyers-guide below and if you follow them carefully, then you will actually get a great treadmill for walking;
- Motor drive-system: most standard treadmills are equipped with 3.0CHP motor drive-system but such motor-power is actually more than enough for most runners. so, if you’re not willing to spend too much on a treadmill for walking then you may consider getting one equipped with a 2.0CHP or 2.5CHP Motor because it will provide you with perfect walking-results. however, if the treadmill is going to be used by a heavier person or for several hours, then consider getting one that is equipped with a 3.0CHP motor for best results.
- Workout-programs: most treadmills for walking are designed with fewer workout-programs and that’s actually ok since they are used lightly. however, some treadmills come equipped with multiple workout-programs and even enable the user to access online workout-destinations which actually a great thing because it motivates you to work-out for longer thus helping you to burn-up more calories while getting entertained.
- Incline or decline options: treadmills that have been designed with an incline and decline feature actually help to add a challenge to your walking-activity. In fact, walking on an incline/decline can help you burn-up more calories and even ensures great muscle-definition. So, if you want to have a serious walk then consider buying treadmill that is equipped with either a decline or incline option for effective results.
- Footprint of the treadmill: you need to get a treadmill that is compact in size and foldable if you’re going to use it for walking only. This is because such a treadmill will help to save-up a lot of space within your house and even makes it easy for you to move and store in-between workouts compared to a large, heavy-duty treadmill.
- Price of the treadmill: walkers can actually spend less on a treadmill and still get optimum-results from their workouts. however, if you are looking for a high-quality treadmill for walking then consider to spend some extra money on it like $800-to-$1000 but if you just need a regular treadmill for walking then you spend about $200-to-$600 and you will still get a wonderful walking-experience.
- Track-size: the track-length is not actually of great-importance to regular walkers but it will actually matter for people who take longer-strides like runners and taller-individuals. So, if you’re going to use a treadmill for walking then consider getting one with a standard track-size of about 20-inch W by 55-inch L for best workout-results.
- Treadbelt comfort and durability: make sure you get a treadmill that is equipped with a thick and well-cushioned treadbelt even if you’re just going to walk over it. This will actually help to minimize impact onto your joints and back-sections as you workout thus ensuring more effective results. On the other hand, makes sure that the treadmill you buy features good-size rollers with a diameter of about 2.5-inches in order to ensure optimum durability of the treadbelt.
- Frame-quality and weight-capacity: getting a treadmill with a high-quality frame is very good but most of these treadmills tend to be heavy-duty and bulky hence making them abit hard to move and fold in-between workouts. However, a treadmill with a high-quality will be capable of holding higher user-weight capacity which is actually a great thing for most walkers. All in all, you will need to buy a treadmill for walking that can support a user-weight ranging from 250lbs-to-400lbs coupled with a great frame for optimum walking-results.
- Safety-features: even if you’re going to use a treadmill for walking, you need to actually ensure that it’s equipped with some standard safety-features so that you can be able to work out safely on it. Some of these safety-features may include an auto-stop, side-rails and lot more depending on the type of treadmill you’re buying.
- Extra-features: best treadmills for walkers are usually equipped with some great extra-features which help to motivate the user while having a workout. Some of these extra-feature may include; an audio-port, tablet-holder, a cooling-fan, a touchscreen console that is web-enabled and a lot more.
- 5 Best Treadmills Under $1,000
- Best Cheap Treadmill
- Best Commercial Treadmill
- Best Folding Treadmill
- Best Treadmill for Runners
- Best Treadmill for serious runners
- 5 Best Cross-Training Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmill Desk
- 5 Best High-End Treadmills
TREADMILLS FOR WALKERS REVIEWS:
Exerpeutic TF1000 Walk to Fitness Electric Treadmill
- A 40 inch L x 20-inch W Treadbelt.
- Extra Long Safety-handles.
- A great LCD display-window.
- Heart-Pulse Pads.
- Speed Control-Buttons.
- A 2-position manual incline.
- A durable and foldable frame.
- Transportation wheels.
- Supports 400-pounds of user-weight-capacity.
The Exerpeutic TF1000 is a high-capacity walk to fitness treadmill that is equipped with a 1.5hp high-torque motor coupled with an adjustable-speed up to 4mph so as to provide you with an effective workout. Additionally, this treadmill is also equipped with a large treadmill-belt that offer you with ample workout-space while the attached 18-inch safety-inches provide you with a firm hold when having a workout. On top of that, this treadmill is equipped with a great LCD display-monitor that shows all the workout-information while its strong foldable-frame is capable of supporting people with weights of up to 400-pounds.
- This treadmill is equipped with extra-long handles that provide you with firm-hold when having a workout.
- It’s equipped with a great LCD display-window that helps to show all your workout-information in order to easily monitor your fitness-progress.
- The Exerpeutic-TF1000 features Heart-Pulse Pads on the handles which enable you to target your heart-rate-zone while having a workout.
- The frame of this treadmill is designed to accommodate a maximum user-weight of 400-pounds because it’s very strong and durable.
- This treadmill is also very easy to move and store in-between workout because it features a foldable-design and transportation-wheels.
- This treadmill is equipped with a slightly smaller treadbelt and this means that taller people may find hard-time working-out on it.
Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill
- FeatherLight Folding-system with hydraulic-shocks.
- A 2.25 continuous-duty CHP motor.
- Variable-Response-Cushioning integrated into the treadbelt.
- 30 workout-programs.
- A Coolfit workout-fan.
- Sonic-Surround speakers with an MP3-input.
- A 300-pound maximum user-weight-capacity.
- A speed-range of 0-to-10mph.
- An incline-range of 0-to-10%.
- A 20-inch x 55-Inch running-surface.
- A Pulse grip heart-rate monitoring system.
Horizon Fitness T101-04 is considered to be one of the best treadmills for walking because it features a foldable-design and can operate to up to a top-speed of 10mph. on top of that, this treadmill can be inclined to up to 10% for a more intense workout while its 20-inch by 55-inch running-surface offers you with enough workout-space. Additionally, the Horizon Fitness T101-04 features over 30 workout-programs that facilitate for a more customized exercising-routine while the integrated Pulse grip heart-rate monitoring system keeps you within your heart-rate-zone when having a workout. This treadmill also features a 2.25CHP motor that ensures quiet and smooth operation while the integrated sonic-surround music system helps to entertain the user when having a workout.
- The foldable-design of this treadmill makes its storage very easy in-between workouts.
- It is equipped with a strong, quiet and responsive motor-drive which enables you to workout effortlessly with disrupting other people.
- The variable-response-cushioning over the deck provides with enough flexibility and support when having a workout.
- Its Sonic-Surround speakers with an MP3-input enable you to play music while working-out.
- This treadmill actually feels abit heavier and bulky hence making it somehow difficult to move in-between workouts.
Exerpeutic Fitness Walking Electric Treadmill
- An extra-supported heavy-duty frame.
- Wide side-rails with a foot-platform.
- An LCD Display-window.
- A 350-lbs user-weight-capacity.
- Speed-range of 0.4-to-4mph.
- A great treadbelt with dimensions of 16-inch W x 36-inch L.
- A 1.5HP High-Torque Motor.
- Speed control-buttons on the handle-bar.
- A SpaceSaver foldable-design.
- Transportation wheels at the base.
- Extra-long safety handles.
- A ground-level walking-surface.
The Exerpeutic-Fitness is an in-home treadmill that was designed for fitness-walking because its equipped with a great 1.5hp motor-drive-system coupled with a maximum-speed of 4mph which is just perfect for walking and light-jogging. In fact, the Exerpeutic-Fitness even features a ground-level walking-surface coupled with wide side-rails which all ensure optimum-safety while having a workout. On the other hand, this treadmill is equipped with a great LCD-display which tracks and shows all the required workout-information while its foldable SpaceSaver design facilitates for easy storage and the inbuilt transportation-wheels ensure easy movement. Lastly, this treadmill features a solid and sturdy frame which was designed to handle maximum user-weight of 350-pounds.
- This treadmill is equipped with extra-long handles which help to enhance on walking balance and security.
- The Exerpeutic-Fitness treadmill folds-up in order to ensure easy storage while saving-up a lot of space.
- It features a ground-level walking-surface that ensures easy mounting and dismounting in-between workouts.
- The Exerpeutic-Fitness can be moved easily form one place to another because it features transportation-wheels.
- It features a heavy-duty frame that is designed to support a maximum user-weight of 350-lbs.
- This treadmill actually lacks an incline-feature and this means that you won’t be able to achieve an intense workout on it.
LifeSpan TR3000i Folding Treadmill
- A powerful 2.75-hp continuous-duty motor.
- A 20-inch by 56-inch running surface.
- 8 compression shock-absorbers under the deck.
- EZfold technology that utilizes a hydraulic-shock system.
- 21 easy-to-use workout-programs.
- A 3-speed cooling workout-fan.
- Patented step-counting technology.
- Intelli-Guard technology.
- A 6-inch Blue-backlit LCD-display.
- 15 incline-levels.
- A speed-range of 0.5mph-to-12mph.
The LifeSpan TR3000i is a foldable-treadmill that is equipped with a 2.75HP continuous-duty DC motor coupled with 15-levels of incline in order to provide the user with effective walking or jogging experience. In fact, this treadmill can operate up to a top-speed of 12mph which makes it perfect for running also while its 20-inch x 56-inch running-surface offers you with ample workout-area. It’s even equipped with 8 impact-absorbing compression shocks within the deck which facilitate for a comfortable workout while its 6-inch blue backlit LCD-display show all your workout-information.
- It’s very easy to fold and unfold this treadmill because it features EZfold technology that uses a hydraulic shock.
- The frame of this treadmill is designed to handle both light and strong usage thus making it perfect for walking or running exercises.
- This treadmill features over 21 easy-to-use workout-programs that help you improve on your overall fitness-levels.
- It equipped with a Intelli-Step technology which helps to count and record every stride you take when having a workout.
- The LifeSpan TR3000i actually feels somehow heavy to lift and move because it features a heavy-duty frame although it’s foldable.
Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill
- Dual-weighted flywheels.
- 2 incline-positions of 10 and 8 degrees.
- An Electronic display-monitor.
- A textured and non-slip walking-surface.
- Foam-padded front and side rails.
- A sturdy and foldable steel-frame.
- Built-in transportation wheels.
- Skid-resistant rubber floor-protectors.
The Stamina InMotion is a manual treadmill equipped with a dual weighted flywheels coupled with 2-incline-positions so as to ensure an effective walking/jogging routine. Additionally, this treadmill features a sturdy and foldable-frame with transportation wheels in order to ensure easy storage and movement while the textured walking-surface with padded front and side-rails ensures optimum protection when having a workout.
- This treadmill actually requires to electricity to operate because it uses dual-weighted flywheels which work manually.
- It will enable you get a more intense workout because it features 2 incline-positions.
- It’s very easy to move and store because it features a foldable steel-frame with inbuilt transportation-wheels.
- It supports a low user-weight-capacity compared to other treadmills in its range and this actually means that heavier people can’t have a workout on this treadmill.