The Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 is advanced, mid-range treadmill from horizon which is equipped with…
5 Best Treadmills For Serious Runners
If you’re a serious runner in need of a treadmill for having your workouts on, then consider getting one that can withstand intense workouts for an extended period of time in order to achieve best results. In fact, you consider buying a treadmill with a stronger motor, durable-frame coupled with great warranty for optimum workouts. On the other hand, you will have to get a treadmill with a larger track-surface coupled with great cushioning so as to get a comfortable workout-experience with ample running-space. Additionally, most treadmills for runners are usually equipped with several workout-programs and entertainment-features in order to provide the user with a more effective and friendly workout but these features usually depend on the price of the treadmill. All in all, if you are a serious runner training for a big-race or just working-out at home, then a great high-performance treadmill will make a perfect fitness-machine for meeting your fitness-goals.
TOP 5 CONTENDERS – 2017
- Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon********
- Confidence Power Trac Pro Motorized Electric Folding Treadmill Running Machine – Check Price on Amazon
- Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- Horizon Fitness Elite T7 Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
- ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill – Check Price on Amazon
TREADMILL VS RUNNING FROM OUTSIDE:
Exercising (running) actually involves repetitive motion of the legs, hips and arms which is referred to as aerobic activity. However, you can exercise on either a treadmill or even run outside on natural terrain in order to achieve an effective workout. In fact, using a treadmill and running outside for aerobic-activities has both similarities and differences hence this why I’m going to list for you some of the pros and disadvantages of using each of these training-methods below;
- Treadmill: a treadmill is actually an aerobic fitness-machine used in both gyms and homes in order to ensure that the user gets an effective workout. below are some of the pros and disadvantaged of using a treadmill;
Pros of using a treadmill:
- Lesser impact on the joints: there is actually less impact placed onto the joints and body when using a treadmill since it’s equipped with shock-absorption system and cushioning over the deck.
- Offers several workout-options: treadmills actually provide the user with several workout-programs coupled with a great number of speed and incline-options for a more effective workout.
- Convenient to use: treadmills are very convenient to use because they can be easily used within your house without experiencing any weather-changes and treadmills can even be used at any time compared to outside-running.
Disadvantages of using a treadmill:
- It doesn’t provide a natural-environment: when using a treadmill, you won’t experience some outside challenges like wind and rigid terrains which make your workout more effective.
- Most treadmill lack a decline-option: running at a declined-level is very important when having a workout and this actually means that running outside is far better than using a treadmill since you will be able to experience both incline and decline levels for a more effective workout.
- It makes a workout so easy and comfortable: running on treadmill actually makes your workout so easy and comfortable compared to running-outside.
- Running-outside: this actually involves running along any given natural terrain outside your house in order to achieve a more effective workout. below are some of the pros and disadvantages of running-outside;
Pros of running-outside:
- It puts you in control of your workout: when you’re running-outside, you will be in complete control of your workout speed, distance and elevation compared to using a treadmill.
- It provides you with natural running-conditions: running-outside actually provides you with more natural running-conditions which include; changes in weather and different running-trains thus making your workout more challenging and effective than using a treadmill.
- It activates your muscles more: running-outside helps to workouts your body-muscles more since you will have to run on different terrains, incline and decline levels compared to using a treadmill.
Disadvantages of running-outside:
- High joint-impact: running-outside can cause high impact on your joints and this doesn’t make it a great choice for people suffering from lower back-pain and arthritis.
- Weather effects: you can greatly be affected by weather-changes when running-outside and this means that you won’t be able to run under certain weather-conditions like; under heavy-rains or in winter-seasons.
- High-risk of getting accidents: running outside usually involves using different terrains and incline-levels hence increasing on the levels of getting accidents compared to using a treadmill which is used inside the house.
- 5 Best Treadmills Under $1,000
- 5 Best Cheap Treadmills
- 5 Best Folding Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmills for runners
- 5 Best Commercial Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmills For Walkers
- 5 Best Cross-Training Treadmills
- 5 Best Treadmill Desk
- 5 Best High-End Treadmills
TREADMILLS FOR SERIOUS RUNNERS REVIEWS
Horizon Fitness Adventure 5 Treadmill
- A foldable-design with a hydraulic folding-system.
- 35 Fitness-Programs.
- A contact grip heart-rate monitoring system.
- ViaFit Connect-Technology.
- Passport technology.
- A 3-zone Variable Response Cushioning-system over the deck.
- A strong and quiet motor drive-system.
- Energy Saver Mode.
- Built-in speakers.
- A reading-rack.
- A bottle-holder.
- A great running-surface with dimensions of 60″ x 20″.
- An Incline-range of 0-to-12%.
- A speed-range of 0-to-12mph.
- An extra-wide blue LCD console-display screen.
- A maximum user-weight-capacity of 325-lbs.
The Horizon Fitness Adventure-5 is an advanced foldable-treadmill that is designed for runners in order to provide them with an effective workout at all times. this treadmill is actually equipped with a strong and quiet motor coupled with a great running-deck that has been equipped with a variable response cushioning so as to ensure a more comfortable but effective workout. On top of that, this treadmill features a foldable-design which makes it very easy to store in-between workouts while the included wireless heart-rate monitor enables you to stay within your target-zone during a workout. Additionally, the Horizon Fitness Adventure-5 is equipped with over 35 fitness-programs that will help you achieve your fitness-goals while the integrated ViaFit-connect technology monitors and tracks your workout-progress then shares it with friends.
- The 3-zone Variable Response Cushioning-system over the treadmill-belt provides the ideal amount of flex and support.
- The large LCD console-display screen provides you with feedback on your workout time, distance, incline, speed, heart-rate and calories-burned.
- ViaFit-technology helps to track and then automatically shares your workout-results to your friends’ in order to boost on your performance.
- It’s equipped with a strong, quiet and durable motor-drive that is built to last while ensuring optimum performance.
- It only features contact-grips for heart-rate monitoring and these don’t work well for some people.
- It equipped with a slightly weaker drive-motor which is only 2.75CHP.
Confidence Power Trac Pro Motorized Electric Folding Treadmill Running Machine
- 12 built-in fitness-programs.
- A speed-range of 0.6-6.2mph.
- 4 quick-select pre-set speeds of 1.86mph, 3mph, 4.9mph, 6.2mph.
- A great LED display-monitor.
- A 3-level, adjustable and manual incline.
- An Emergency stop clip.
- A 600w motor drive-system.
- A foldable-frame and folding arms.
- A maximum user-weight of 265-lbs.
THE Confidence Power Trac-Pro is a simple, foldable treadmill that has been equipped with great features in order to provide the user with an effective workout-routine. In fact, this treadmill is equipped with a 600watt motor-drive capable of reaching top-speeds of 6.2mph coupled with 12 inbuilt fitness-programs for a more customized workout. On top of that, this treadmill features 3-levels of incline in order to provide the user with an intense workout while the included stop-clip ensures optimum safety in case anything happens when using this treadmill. On the other hand, this treadmill even features a great LED display-screen which helps to track and display your workout speed, time, distance and calories-burned.
- It ensures optimum safety when having a workout over it because it’s equipped with an emergency stop-clip.
- It will provide you with a more intense workout while using the included 3-level manual incline-options.
- This treadmill is very compact and even features a foldable-design a great runway thus ensuring easy storage in-between workouts.
- This treadmill features a smaller running-surface and this actually makes it hard to use by runners and taller people.
- It features a slightly weaker motor-drive and makes it inappropriate to use by fast-pace runners.
Stamina InMotion Manual Treadmill
- Dual-weighted flywheels.
- 2 incline-positions of 10 and 8 degrees.
- An Electronic-monitor that tracks your workout-progress.
- A well-textured and non-slip walking/jogging surface.
- Foam-padded front and side rails.
- A sturdy and durable steel-frame.
- Built-in transportation wheels.
- A foldable frame for easy storage.
- Skid-resistant rubber-floor protectors.
- It doesn’t operate on electricity.
Stamina InMotion is a classic manual-treadmill that has been equipped with dual-weighted flywheels which provide electricity-free workout when at home. In fact, this treadmill features a sturdy steel-frame which is also very durable while the included 2-levels of incline provide the user with a more intense-workout. on the other hand, this treadmill features a an electronic monitor-display that tracks your workout speed, time, distance and calories-burned while the included non-slip walking-surface coupled with rubber floor-protectors on the feet which ensure a more comfortable and stable workout. On top of that, this treadmill features a foldable-design coupled with inbuilt transportation-wheels in order to ensure easy movement and storage in-between workouts.
- This treadmill feels very solid and stable because it features a sturdy steel-frame.
- It features a comfortable, textured and non-slip walking or jogging surface.
- The treadmill doesn’t need electricity to operate and this actually makes it very convenient to use.
- It also features an electronic-monitor that tracks and displays your workout time, distance calories-burned and even scans.
- It’s very easy to move and store since it features inbuilt transportation-wheels and foldable-design.
- It features few incline-levels when compared to other treadmills on the market within its range.
- This treadmill supports a lower user-weight capacity of only 220-lbs and this implies that heavier people won’t be able to use it.
Horizon Fitness Elite T7 Treadmill
- A foldable-design with an effortless hydraulic folding system.
- A 3-zone Variable Response Cushioning system over the deck.
- A strong and durable Johnson Motor.
- 42 Exercise-Programs.
- Contact-grips and a Polar-chest strap with receiver heat-rate systems.
- ViaFit-Connect Technology.
- An 8.5-inch, extra-wide blue LCD-display.
- A User-weight-capacity of up to 350-lbs.
The Horizon Fitness Elite T7 Treadmill was actually built for athletes because it features a premium and sturdy construction coupled with a strong and durable Johnson-Motor so as to ensure an effective workout. On top of that, this treadmill features a foldable-design which makes it easy to store while the integrated Variable Response Cushioning system over the deck provides you with the right amount of support and comfort when having a workout. on the other hand, this treadmill features 42 fitness-programs that ensure a more customized workout while the integrated contact-grips or polar-chest strap heart-rate monitoring-system ensure that you stay within your cardio-zone while having a workout. Additionally, this treadmill features ViaFit connect-technology which tracks your fitness-progress and shares it with friends while passport-technology displays different running-destinations on your home-TV.
- This treadmill features a feather-light folding design which helps to ensure easy storage in-between workouts.
- It doesn’t require regular lubrication since it’s integrated with a synthetic hard-wax under the belt which ensures smooth operation all the time.
- It feels very comfortable to run over the deck of this treadmill since it features a 3-zone Variable Response Cushioning system
- This treadmill actually features a weaker motor-drive of 2.75CHP and this may not be efficient enough for some serious-runners.
ProForm Performance 300i Treadmill
- A 2.0CHP Drive-System.
- ProShox-Cushioning over treadbelt.
- A great treadbelt with dimensions of 18-inch x 50-inch.
- A nice large, 1-window LCD-display.
- An EKG heart-rate monitor.
- IFit Bluetooth-Smart Enabled.
- 16 Workout Apps or programs.
- A compatible music-port for iPods and mp3-players.
- QuickControls for speed and incline.
- A tablet-holder.
- A foldable SpaceSaver design.
The ProForm Performance 300i is actually a great mid-range treadmill that is equipped with a 2.0CHP motor drive-system coupled with a 16-inch by 50-inch treadbelt with ProShox-cushioning so as to offer the user with an effective workout-routine. In fact, this treadmill also features a foldable SpaceSaver design which facilitates for quick and easy storage while the integrated large, 1-window LCD-display helps to track and display your workout-information.
- It features a great user-weight-capacity of up to 300-lbs and this means that most runners will be able to use it.
- The integrated tablet-holder helps to keep your phone and other accessories next to you when having a workout.
- The included Quickcontrol buttons for speed and incline facilitate for a more convenient workout-experience without any interruptions.
- This treadmill doesn’t facilitate for wireless heart-rate monitoring and this is actually a big disadvantage for some runners who prefer using chest-straps for heart-rate monitoring.
This marks the end of this summarized review on the ‘’Best Treadmills For Serious Runners – 2017’’ – Bookmark this post for quick reference.