I have always liked sonicare electric toothbrushes. This model is probably the best sonicare toothbrush…
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Review
Philips Sonicare DiamondClean removes 100% more plaque than any other electric / manual toothbrush. This is a premium electric toothbrush with high-end essential features. It comes in different colors like Pink, Black and White, so if you don’t like the pink edition you can buy the white / black edition.
The only difference between these editions is color but the rest is the same. This toothbrush was released last year but it still ranks as the best sonicare electric toothbrush of all time. I know in the near future Philips will release an upgraded model on DiamondClean but still this model will retain its position of being the best electric toothbrush of all time. I have looked at Philips product chat and it shows that DiamondClean was released after Flexcare Platinum. So in this post I will do a brief comparison of Philips Sonicare FlexCare Platinum & Philips Sonicare DiamondClean, this comparison will bring us to a conclusion and decide on where to invest our money.
- Five Modes which offer you with custom cleaning experience. These include; Clean mode, Whitening mode, Polish mode which polishes and brightens your teeth, Gumcare which stimulates and massages the gum.
- Smartimer and Quadpacer which makes brushing with an electric toothbrush easy. The Quadpacer beeps every-after 30-seconds enabling you change brushing direction so that in 2 minutes you will be done.
- Charging glass & USB Charging travel case which simplify charging & recharging DiamondClean. When the battery is low, an indicator will notify you but once it’s full, you will be in position to use the toothbrush for at least 42 times.
Philips Sonicare HX6733-90 HealthyWhite Review
Philips Sonicare Hx6731/34 HealthyWhite Review
Philips Sonicare HX6552/75 Easyclean Electric Toothbrush Review
Philips Sonicare HX6921/04 Flexcare Plus Review – Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
HARDWARE & DESIGN:
At a glance; DiamondClean looks attractive, it is well built and balanced, the button has an average width and base which enables the toothbrush sit comfortably on a flat surface. It uses special head brushes and its bristles rotate 31,000 rounds per minute ensuring that no plaque is left on your teeth. If you have yellowish teeth, DiamondClean will make them white within 1 week. However, you have to brush for 2 times in a day and follow the right instructions. (brushing for 2 minutes in each cycle). I have used sonicare toothbrushes but DiamondClean seems to be longer and slightly heavy. It uses a single button which you can tap to change / set brushing modes. Once the head brush is worn out, screw it off and replace it with a new one. The process is very easy you don’t need a manual to replace brush heads. It also comes with a nice & durable carry case with enough room for the toothbrush and brush-heads.
Unlike most sonicare electric toothbrushes which have 3 modes, DiamondClean has 5 modes from which you can choose from and these include; (1) Clean Mode which offers you with a two-minute standard brushing, (2) White mode which transforms yellowish teeth to white in just 1 week (7 days), (3) Polish Mode which polishes and brightens teeth after they have become white hence improving on your smile and confidence. (4) Gum Care mode which cleans and massages your gum without causing any irritation. (5) Sensitive mode which deals with very sensitve gums & teeth.
Philips sonicare electric toothbrushes are well known for speed, this particular model has a high vibrating speed of 31,000 per minute. This high vibrating speed will rotate the soft bristles and remove any stain or plaque found on your teeth. Good thing is that much as the toothbrush vibrates at a high speed, it does not hurt or irritate your gum & teeth. During its performance, DiamondClean uses a sweeping motion feature to drive fluids deep into space between your teeth hence removing dirt and stains and leave you with 100% clean teeth. If you use a manual toothbrush, you can’t reach certain areas so germs & bacteria will still find a place to hide and hatch. Urine / fluids released by these germs / bacteria are acidic, so when they land on your teeth it gets damaged. That is to why Dentists recommend using electric toothbrushes, especially SONICARE. According to Philips, you will achieve better results in just one week and an improved gum in only 2 weeks.
- Gentle Brushing:- Electric toothbrushes don’t work like manual toothbrushes, when using this DiamondClean toothbrush, you don’t have to apply pressure. It uses gentle brushing actions to remove stains and plaque from your teeth. Bristles will move gently preventing bleeding and gum irritation.
- Removes stains faster:- By default, DiamondClean is built for hard to remove teeth stains. What other sonicare toothbrushes would do in 3 – 4 weeks, this one will do it in just a week or two weeks depending on how tough stains are. We get teeth stains after taking strong drinks like coffee, red wine, tea and smoking tobacco cigarettes. These stains can make your teeth yellowish or brown, if you try to brush with a manual toothbrush, these stains will remain and the only option is to remove them with DiamondClean electric Toothbrush. The color of toothbrush featured in the Picture is Pink (ladies color) but you can choose from other two colors which include white & black.
- Easy to charge:- There is one thing that DiamonClean has that other sonicare electric toothbrushes don’t have; that is a dual charging system. You can charge it with a USB charging travel case or a charger glass. Trust me, the charger glass is cool. At first I thought it’s a normal glass but after reading specs, I discovered that it’s a charger glass. It can break if you carelessly handle it but it can beautify your bathroom sink. The USB charging travel case is ideal for travelers.
- Makes your teeth whiter in 1 week:- Most sonicare electric toothbrushes will make your teeth white in a period of 2 – 3 weeks but DiamondClean does that in 1 week. So if you want quick results and you have enough money to spend, invest in DiamondClean, it will clear all stains on your teeth and leave them whiter & brighter.
- Makes your gums healthier in 2 weeks:- With the aid of a Gum care mode, you will be in position to clean your gums and get rid of dirt. You can as well massage your gum and relieve it from pain hence getting healthier than before.
- Removes 100% more plaque than an ordinary toothbrush:- Your teeth has hard to reach sections, these sections are found between two teeth. Germs love this area because it keeps food and sweat fluids which they feed on hence damage your teeth. When you brush with a manual toothbrush, you can’t clean / remove food left in these areas so on the surface your teeth will look clean yet on the inside food is still remaining and rotating. Sometimes this causes bad breath. If you have been using a manual toothbrush, it time to upgrade Philips Sonicare DiamondClean electric toothbrush, it will reach all those hard-to-reach areas and remove plaque and dirt hence saving your teeth from germs and at the same time save you from that bad mouth breath.
- It is expensive, deserves those with enough money to spend, but good news is that the price has been slashed down from $200 to $189 and I’m sure with time it will get to $150 – $120, so if you can afford it right now, put it in your Amazon wish list and wait for a huge price discount.
SONICARE COMPARISON CHAT[cs_table id=”18″]
When I look at this product comparison chat, DiamomClean is competing with Flex Care but I don’t see any big difference except a charging glass which comes with DiamondClean. In terms of price, Flexcare is affordable yet it delivers almost the same results. For the sake of the design, DiamonClean is the winner; it is slick and nice looking. It comes in Pink, White and black.
HOW TO USE SONICARE DIAMONDCLEAN ELECTRIC TOOTHBRUSH?
If you have ever used an electric toothbrush before, nothing has changed, the process is the same however, DiamondClean features more brushing modes than a regular electric brush. And these include; Clean Mode, Whitening Mode, Polishing mode, Gum Care Mode and a Sensitive mode.
When brushing with DiamondClean electric toothbrush, you have to select from any of those 5 brushing modes and have a custom brushing experience. You should select a mode which suits your needs and teeth / gum condition. For example, if you have yellowish teeth, you should choose the whitening mode. it will remove stains caused by coffee, tea, soda etc and make your teeth white in just 7 days. On the other hand, if you have a very sensitive gum (which bleeds), opt for a sensitive brushing mode, this will clean both your teeth and gum without hurting them. It also massages the gum.
When brushing with an electric toothbrush, make sure you use the right toothpaste, apply this toothpaste on the bristles as you do on a manual toothbrush. Don’t use pressure when brushing with DiamondClean toothbrush; it has a control system which rotates bristles at a very fast speed of 31,000 rounds per minute. So with this kind of speed, there is no need of using pressure.
Start with the outer part of your teeth and then go to the inside part, after that brush the top section which grinds food and then conclude with the tongue. I’m sure you have had of people complaining of bad breath even after brushing their teeth. This problem can be fixed by brushing your tongue.
After brushing all sections of your teeth and mouth, clean your mouth with water (warm /cold) and then clean your toothbrush. DiamondClean comes with a glass, so after cleaning it with water, rest it in a glass but make sure the toothbrush sits on its base, the brushing-head is supposed to be up.
WHAT IS IN THE BOX?
- 1 Philips Sonicare handle
- 2 DiamondClean brush heads (standard)
- A Charging glass
- Charger base
- USB charging travel case
- USB cable
- USB wall plug