5 Best Edwin Jagger Safety Razors – Detailed Review
Searching for the best safety-razor is not an easy task – So, it’s for this reason that I have decided to list for you some of the Best Edwin Jagger Safety Razors that will help you achieve a more comfortable, smooth and clean shaving-experience.
TOP 5 CONTENDERS:
- Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl Lined Detail Chrome Plated Double Edge Safety Razor – Check price on Amazon*****
- Edwin Jagger Laser Diamon Safety Razor De3d14bl – Check price on Amazon
- Edwin Jagger Chrome Lined Double Edge Razor – Check price on Amazon
- Edwin Jagger Imitation Ebony Gillette Mach 3 Razor – Check price on Amazon
- Knurled Handle DE Safety Razor – De89KN14bl razor by Edwin Jagger – Check price on Amazon
How to Choose a Safety Razor:
- Consider the size of the handle: the size of the handle really matters when choosing a safety-razor but this may actually depend on what type o handle you prefer most. In fact, for some people a short textured handle will work perfectly for them while others will prefer going for a safety-razor with a long textured handle most especially people with large and longer hands.
- Consider the weight of the safety-razor: you would actually prefer going for a safety-razor that is not too-heavy at either the top or bottom-handle section if you wish to gain optimal balance while shaving. So, you should consider getting a safety-razor that is well-balanced in-terms of weight because it will be very easy to maneuver around the face and will even help you to easily achieve a proper cutting-angle while shaving. In fact, if a safety-razor too light then it may require you to use too-much pressure while shaving and this actually increases on chances of irritating the skin. On the other hand, if a safety-razor is too-heavy then it may not require applying too-much pressure due to its heavy-weight.
- Look at the gap between the blade and safety-bar: you need to make sure that the gap between the safety-razor blade and safety-bar is consistent and even on both sides. In fact, if this gap is uneven, then this will increase on the risk of irritating your skin while shaving. However, you should know that this gap varies in different brands and models of safety-razors but just make sure that it’s always even in order to achieve effective shaving-results.
- Consider the quality of the safety-razor: try to consider the quality of the safety-razor by simply knowing the reputation of its manufacturer. in fact, some great safety-razor manufacturers like Edwin Jagger and Merkur have put in place quality-control to make sure that there safety-razors meet the required standards and to ensure that the cutting-head is symmetrical and operates as expected while shaving.
- Consider the type of razor-head: safety-razors feature 2-types of razor-heads which include an open-comb safety-bar head and a twist-to-open safety-bar head. So, it’s up to the user to choose the safety-razor that works best for him/her depending on their shaving experience. Additionally, some safety-razor feature adjustable razor-heads but these are more expensive than those with non-adjustable razor-heads.
- Take a look at the price-range: making a price comparison will actually help you choose a safety-razor that can meet your fit into your budget. However, try getting a good quality safety-razor even though it’s a bit expensive because it will provide you with a clean, smooth and safer shaving-experience. On the other hand, a cheaper safety-razor may not be of good-quality and this means that it may irritate your skin while shaving especially if you’re new to wet-shaving.
- Consider the brand of the safety-razor: some of the best safety-razors are manufactured by great brands which include; Edwin Jagger, Parker and Merkur. So, if your need of high-quality safety-razor then consider buying it from any of these brands for best shaving results. However, there are also some other brands that have great safety-razors but you should be extra-careful when choosing safety-razors from such brands.
5 Best Edwin Jagger Safety Razors:
- A traditional double-edge Design.
- A classic closed-comb head.
- A highly polished chrome-plated finish.
- A solid brass-frame.
- A Traditional lined-pattern detail on the handle.
- Supplied with 5 Derby safety-blades.
The Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl is classic-looking safety-razor that features a lined detail handle coupled with a chrome-plated finish that protects the safety-razor from the harsh wet-shaving conditions. In fact, this safety-razor features a traditional double-edge design and this means that it can be fitted with any standard DE-blades in order to provide the user with a close and accurate shaving-experience. On the other hand, this safety-razor features a classic closed-comb head with highly engineered caps in order to facilitate for a safe and smooth shave while the chrome-plated, solid, textured and tubular brass handle provides the user with a firm grip when shaving under wet-conditions.
- This safety-razor features a highly-polished chrome plated finish which actually protects it from harsh wet-shaving conditions and even makes it rust-resistant.
- It provides the user with a sure/firm grip while under wet-shaving conditions because it’s designed with a traditional lined-pattern or detailing over the handle.
- This safety-razor also provides the user with very close and smooth shave with reduced skin-irritation because it features traditional double-edge design which fits any standard double-edge blades.
- Lastly, the Edwin Jagger DE89Lbl safety-razor looks elegant and smart but it is also very durable compared to most safety-razors found on the market today.
- The polished chrome-finish tends to fade if this safety-razor is used in areas with hard-water. However, to prevent the surface from fading you will have to keep the safety-razor dry after using it.
- Some users claim that the head-sections of this safety-razor are not durable and will break in just a few months after purchasing this safety-razor.
- Edwin Jagger Laser Diamon Safety Razor De3d14bl:
- A Diamond pattern on the handle.
- A Precision Double-Edge head.
- A heavyweight design.
- A strong frame with a chrome-plating.
- It comes with a free 5-pack of blades.
The Edwin Jagger Laser Diamon is double-edge safety-razor that features a diamond pattern over its handle in order to provide the user with an enhanced wet-grip while shaving. In fact, this safety-razor is even equipped with a precision Double-Edge head that provides the user with a very smooth and close shave while its great weight enables the user to shave effortlessly with minimal pressure. On the other hand, this safety-razor features a strong and durable frame that is chrome-plated and this implies that it will be able to last for good period of time even with regular usage.
- This safety-razor will offer the user with a very close and smooth shave because it features a precision double-edge head that does the shaving perfectly. In fact, this safety-razor can be used with any standard double-edge blades because it features a Double-Edge head design.
- The Edwin Jagger Laser Diamon will also provide the user with an enhanced grip especially under wet or soapy shaving-conditions. This is mainly because this safety-razor features a Diamond-Patterned Handle which ensures that the user’s hands don’t slide off while wet-shaving.
- This Edwin Jagger safety-razor offers the user with good balance while shaving and this mainly because it feels solid and even has a good-weight. In fact, the user won’t have to use a lot of pressure while shaving with this safety-razor but he must make sure that the safety-razor is placed at right angle to the skin for best shaving results.
- The Edwin Jagger Laser Diamon Safety-razor seems to be a little expensive than other good safety-razors on the market. So, some people may prefer going for a more affordable safety-razor that can do a great shaving-job just like the Edwin Jagger Laser Diamon Safety-Razor can do.
- You also have to learn how to use this safety-razor before you begin using it. This mainly because if you don’t use the right shaving angle and pressure then your most likely to nick/cut skin during the shaving process. All in all, this safety-Razor will only work perfectly for experienced wet-shavers.
- Edwin Jagger Chrome Lined Double Edge Razor:
- A sleek, chrome-lined and long handle (99mm-long).
- A double-edge head design.
- A durable brass-frame with a chrome-finish.
- It’s made in England.
The Edwin Jagger Chrome-Lined is a double-edge safety razor that has been equipped with a long textured handle in order to provide the user with an enhanced grip while shaving. in fact, this safety-razor looks really classic and elegant because it features a sleek lined-chrome handle coupled with awesome chrome-covered brass-ends. All in all, the Edwin Jagger Chrome Lined is a great beginning safety-razor for both men and women who would love to achieve an extra-close shave without irritating their skins.
- The Edwin Jagger Chrome Lined Double-Edge Safety-Razor actually provides the user with a firm grip when wet-shaving because it’s equipped with a long, sleek and chrome-lined handle.
- This safety-razor can also be fitted with any standard double-edge blades because it features a double-edge head design. This actually makes it very convenient and affordable to use compared to disposable-razors and electric-shavers.
- It also provides the user with very close and smooth shaving-experience because it’s equipped with a precision double-edge head that is even less aggressive while shaving.
- This safety-razor can easily irritate your skin if you don’t use it at the right shaving-angle or if you don’t use the right pressure. So, try to take some time while shaving with safety-razor in order to achieve a more comfortable and smooth shaving experience.
- Edwin Jagger Imitation Ebony Gillette Mach 3 Razor:
- Nickel Plated Collar and handle-end.
- It features a Gillette Mach-3 blade system.
- Made by Edwin-Jagger of Sheffield, England.
- A solid metal-frame.
- A heavyweight design.
The Edwin Jagger Imitation Ebony safety-razor is actually an imitation of the Gillette Mach-3 Razor and this means that it was designed to provide the user with a more precise, close and smooth shave without irritating your skin. In fact, this safety-razor really looks elegant because it features a nickel-plated collar and handle-end while handle and the head feature a nice-looking black rubber/plastic material. On top of that, this safety-razor uses the best-selling Gillette Mach-3 blade-system in order to provide the use with a safe and close wet-shave.
- This safety-razor will provide you with a very close and safe wet-shave because it uses a Gillette Mach-3 blade system that helps to trim body-hair precisely and gently.
- The Edwin Jagger Imitation Ebony Gillette Mach-3 Razor is actually well-balanced with a great weight and this actually makes it very safe and easy to use compared to regular safety-razors.
- This safety-razor also looks very elegant because it features
- A nickel-plated collar and handle-end while the handle rubber black handle and head accent its great looks.
- The Edwin Jagger Imitation Ebony Gillette Mach-3 Razor also provides the user with a sure grip when shaving under wet-conditions and this due to its huge, rubberized handle that is very comfortable and easy to hold.
- This safety-razor uses Gillette Mach-3 Base Cartridges which are actually very expensive when compared to DE-blades used in standard double-edge blades.
- Knurled Handle DE Safety Razor – De89KN14bl razor by Edwin Jagger:
- A Knurled Effect Handle.
- A double-edge head designed by Jagger/Muhle.
- It uses standard double-edge blades.
- It’s made in Sheffield, England.
- A strong brass-frame with a chrome-plating.
Edwin Jagger De89KN14bl is an amazing safety-razor that is equipped with knurled-handle in order to provide the user with an excellent grip while the strong brass-frame that is also chrome-plated makes the safety-razor extremely durable even when being used under wet-conditions. In fact, this safety-razor is also fitted with a double-edge Jagger/Muhle designed shave-head that offers the user with a more a comfortable and smooth shave and this shave-head can actually be fitted with any standard double-edge blades.
- It provides the user with an excellent grip because it equipped with knurled, textured handle that is long enough to fit into the hands while shaving.
- This safety-razor is also very durable because it features a strong brass-frame that is chrome-polished in order to guard the safety-razor from rust.
- This safety-razor is can easily nick/cut your skin if you don’t use it at the right angle or if you don’t apply the required pressure while shaving.