5 Best Nose Hair / Ear Trimmer – 2018 Review
‘’Everyone should own a facial hair trimmer, most popular nose & ear grooming tools cost less than $25 and I’m sure each of us here can afford that. Don’t allow your facial hair to get out of control when $20 can give you a better look.’’
In this post I have featured reviews on tested best nose hair trimmers, however, before using any of them, you have to know that hair found in the nose / ear has a purpose, it’s not there for fun, it’s main role is to block dirt and other small external products from entering your nose or ear. This means we need to have hair inside the nose / ear, but it shouldn’t be in excess. In the past, people used to pluck this hair, however, this practice is risky and painful, I have tried it too, it removes just a few strands but it also results into nose / ear bleeding, so don’t risk plucking nose hair, simply use any of these top rated nose & ear trimmers featured on this list.
BEST RATED NOSE HAIR TRIMMERS 2018
1. Panasonic ER-GN30-K Nose, Ear Facial Hair Trimmer
[See price on Amazon…..]
Panasonic ER-GN30-K nose and Ear hair trimmer has ranked as the best facial hair trimmer on this list. It did not appear in this position by mistake and at the same time, it’s not paid for to be here, but we have done enough research and comparison to rank it NO:1. I will do an extensive review on this Panasonic nose hair trimmer and see what exactly makes it the best, why not Philips Norelco NT9130/40 Or Groom Mate Platinum. The good thing all nose trimmers come at an affordable price, so in this review, I will not use pricing as a unique sells factor, this time, I want to look at both specs of the product and what customers say about any of these nose hair trimmers. What you have to note is that each of these nose hair trimmers featured here have been tested. Now, let’s get down to business and see why Panasonic ER-GN30-K rocks better than others.
- Hypo-Allergenic Blades:- This is the most relevant feature for Panasonic ER-GN30-K nose hair trimmer. I’m sure it has more interesting features, but if I’m to look for one feature which makes it the best selling nose trimmer on AMAZON, it’s improved dual-edge blades make this trimmer stand out from the rest. A nose / ear is a very sensitive organ, you should not tamper with it with very sharp non-friendly objects because blood vessels are to close to the skin, so any pulling / nicking of the skin will result into bleeding. Panasonic ER-GN30-K nose & ear hair trimmer has Hypo-Allergenic steel blades which are smooth on the outside but sharp on the inside. It’s shaving system uses a rotary cutting system, so when inserted into the nose, it will start rotating gently, capture long hair and expose it to steel blades for cutting. However, as the trimmer does its job, you will feel no pain / pulling / irritation.
- Ergonomic Design:- This is another cool feature, the design of a product adds value to the product and at the same time makes the product user friendly. Panasonic ER-GN30-K has a sleek curvy design which makes it very easy to hold in hands for a longer period. It weighs only 4.5 ounces and it fits both large and small hands.
- Uses ”AA” Batteries:- Unfortunately, ER-GN30-K is not rechargeable, so you have to stock powerful ”AA Batteries, but it only uses 1 AA battery, if you get a good brand, it will work for 90 minutes of nonstop usage. If i do some math, you will use only 5 minutes to trim your nose & ears and this can be done once a week depending on how fast your nose hair grows. So if you use 5 minutes per week that will be 20 minutes in a month. A durable AA battery will work for 4 solid months; that is awesome and cost effective.
- 100% Water Proof:- If this trimmer gets clogged while in use, you can immerse it under water and use its brush to clean the blades and shaving head. It’s a wet & dry nose hair trimmer, so water can’t damage it.
- Best Beard Trimmer
- Best Electric Shaver
- Best Safety Razor
- Best Electric Head Shaver
- Best Hair Clipper
- Best Body Groomer
- Best Epilator
- Best Laser Hair Removal Machine
2. Panasonic ER430K Nose, Ear & Facial Hair Trimmer
Now that I have outlined featured of Pansonic ER-GN30-K, lets cover other models and brands. I will begin with Panasonic ER430K, it has scored a rating of 4.4. out of 5 stars, that is a very good rating and it clearly makes the product worth using, because majority of customers who have tested this model like its performance. But let’s see what makes it cool and unique. Is it worth our money or not?
- Vacuum Hair System:- Only two features make this model different from Panasonic ER-GN30-K, the so called ergonomic design they talk about in the specs does not match that of Panasonic ER-GN30-K, so basically, I will not bother myself talking about this nose hair trimmer’s design, it’s not that appealing. But I will not ignore the Vacuum system which whisks away nose hair clippings; this will save you from cleaning your sink after shaving. This Panasonic ER430K Nose captures each and every single trimmed strand; it keeps hair in the vacuum which you can empty after shaving.
- Rotary Blade system:- By default, all Panasonic nose hair trimmers use a rotary blade systems, so this is not new, but still, it’s a very important feature. Rotary blades shave in a circular motion and the good thing is that blades are hidden inside the shaving head, so as the smooth head rotates, it capture all long hairs and expose them to sharp steel blades for cutting. You can easily clean these blades & shaving head by immersing the trimmer in water. It’s a wet & dry grooming tool which can’t get damaged by water. After cleaning it, you can cover the head with a protective cover, this will protect the shaving head and blades from getting damaged.
- Philips Norelco NT9130/40 Nose Trimmer 5100
I guess we have had enough of Panasonic in the top range, In position 3, we have Philips Norelco NT9130/40 NoseTrimmer 5100, it looks sleek and amazing, I have to be straight on this. Panasonic might be the best when it comes to functionality & great features, but when it comes to product design, they don’t get close to Philips. I say this because I have reviewed many products from these two companies, but I have noticed that all Norelco products are well designed. Now, except design, what else does this Philips Norelco NT9130/40 NoseTrimmer 5100 has in stock for its users:
- Skin-friendly detailer and Comb:- Once you see long hair growing out of your nose / ears, don’t think of plucking it, you might end up bleeding because skin found inside your nose / ears is to soft and thin, blood vessels are just on the surface, so any small nicking of this tissue can result into serious nose / ear bleeding. In that case, use this Philips Norelco NT9130/40 Nose Trimmer 5100, it has a skin friendly detialer and comb with rounded tips, it will comfortably trim your nose, ears, neck, sideburns and any other related facial hair.
- Ultra-sharp ground chromium steel blades:- I see no reason why you don’t remove unwanted ear / nose hair, it makes you look wired. I know you fear inserting sharp objects in those two areas, but don’t get scared, because Norelco has crafted one of the best noise hair trimmers; this 5100 series features ultra-sharp ground chromium steel blades which cut nose hair without pulling / nicking your skin.
- Skin-guard technology:- Skin found in your nose / ear is too sensitive, so you should not use very sharp objects to trim nose hair. A shaving tool like this NT9130/40 Nose Trimmer features a very unique skin-guard technology which surrounds the blades hence protecting your skin.
- Groom Mate Platinum XL Nose Trimmer
Before concluding my review, I want us to cover another outstanding brand. Broom Mate is not that popular, but they also make some cool grooming tools for men. Their Groom Mate Platinum XL Nose & Ear Hair Trimmer has an ordinary look but judging from the 1,148 customer reviews and a 3.9 out 5 rating, I’m sure this nose trimmer does some good job. Let’s dig deep and see what makes it worth our money.
- Battery free nose hair trimmer:- At least Groom Mate has something unique to offer. Forget about those nose hair trimmers which require you t buy ”AA” batteries, even though these batteries don’t cost that much, but still that saved $10 – $20 can do something great. Since it uses no battery, that cuts down on its weight and at the same time, it makes it user friendly. The best way you can use this nose trimmer is by holding the upper handle and gently insert it into your nose / ear gently. Once it’s inside the nose, start rotating the bottom of the handle back and forth, this process will rotate the blades and enable them to cut long hair in your nose / hair. Actually, this nose trimmer can work for soldiers, because it does not any sort of power source.
- 100% stainless steel: – I will still recommend this nose/ear trimmer to soldiers. It’s the kind of trimmer which can last for years and years, the stainless steel finishing makes it rusty free and durable.
- Rotary blade system: – It uses the same shaving system like Panasonic ER-GN30-K, but the only difference is that Groom mate rotary blades are moves manually, it does not use an electric motor like Panasonic ER-GN30-K.
- Panasonic ER421KC Nose Trimmer
I will close this review with Panasonic ER421KC Nose trimmer. Ranking this model as number 5 does not mean that it’s not that cool, actually, you might be shocked when you discover that it works as good as it’s brother Panasonic ER-GN30-K. So far its rating is still low, it’s about 3.5 out of 5, that is not good but its promising, that average rate might convince men invest in this trimmer. But it’s design is not that amazing, it looks a little bit ordinary, but lets see some of its features, many there is something interesting about it:
- Built-in-Light:- This is the only unique feature I have found on this Panasonic ER421KC Nose trimmer, it’s main purpose is to help you see inside your nose while trimming, this will guarantee you with a precision shave. You will be in position to see each and every strand.
- Fully Immersible
- Battery Operated:- Use ”AA” batteries, but one battery can work for 90 days.
- Rotary blade system
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING A NOSE HAIR TRIMMER?
- Power of the motor:- Majority of these nose hair trimmers use electricity which is stored in ”AA” batteries, none of them is rechargeable. The ”AA” batteries power up the motor so that it moves very fast and rotate the blades. So,if motor is very slow, then it will take you a while to have the job done. But how will you know motor speed before buying any of these trimmers. Simple, click on customer reviews and read through, make sure you read through comments of users who have under-rated the product, after that, look at the number of positive reviews & negative reviews, if the positive outweighs the negative, click the Add to cart button.
- Shape & design:- The design of a grooming tool highly determines its usability. Technically it might have a very fast motor and all other high tech features, but if it can’t fit your hand perfectly, you will not enjoy using that product. You can see this by zooming the picture of the product on AMAZON, look at its shape and then scroll down to product description and look for the weight of that nose hair trimmer.
- Battery Life:- The good thing all these nose / ear hair trimmers use battery cells which don’t cost that much. One ”AA” battery can work for 90 days, that is 3 months on the road. If you read through customer reviews and see that most of them are complaining about battery usage, shy away from that trimmer and get what I have recommended here.
How to use a nose hair trimmer?
If you’re reading this section, it means this is your first time to use a nose hair trimmer. Cool, you’re in the right place, start by putting a new ”AA” battery in your trimmer, this will ensure that the motor and rotary blades move very fast. Get a clean cloth and clean your nose, nothing should remain there except hair. Once your nose is clean and dry, hold the trimmer upside down, the bottom of the trimmer should be in your hands, and the head shaver has to be down. Insert that small shaving head in your nose gently and switch on the button. The trimmer head will start rotating capturing hair and expose it to inner rotary blades for cutting. If a trimmer comes with a vacuum system, it will collect all trimmed hair in that vacuum, saving you both time and mess.
WHAT IS THE BEST, MANUAL / BATTERY OPERATED NOSE TRIMMER?
On this list, we have seem two types of nose hair trimmers,  we have a battery operated trimmer and  a manual operated trimmer, these two models do a great job, but a battery operated model seems to be convenient and efficient. When you use a manual model, you need to rotate the knob at the back all the time so that blades rotate and start trimming all long hairs. But the only disadvantage with battery operated trimmer is noise. The motor of these trimmers makes nose when moving and that irritates some users. When you use a manual trimmer, you will have full control, no noise and no cuts, but it’s very tiresome to use a manual model.
Can you use a nose trimmer on facial hair:-
Yes! All nose trimmers are termed as Facial Hair Trimmers, this is not a mistake. Most of these grooming tools are tailored to trim your nose hair. Ear hair, mustache, eye brows, goatee and side-burn. However, poor quality models can only trim nose & ear hair. So you should always read the description of a product before making a purchase.
What do I get when I purchase a Nose Trimmer from AMAZON?
Good question: Amazon is an eCommerce platform which hosts small retailers. But when you make a purchase, Amazon takes the responsibility to ship the product to you. Whatever is included in the box is determined by a retailer. But by default, you will get the following; a nose hair trimmer, a cleaning brush, a deluxe storage box (Norelco only), protective cap which covers the head of that trimmer. To keep your trimmer in shape and efficient all the time, clean it under running water and let it dry before storing it.
When should you replace blades?
This will depend on the type / model of nose hair trimmer you have, some don’t require replacement yet others will need blade replacement after 3 years. But the best thing you should do to prolong the life of your blades is to oil them every month. You don’t have to put too much oil, just a few drops will be enough to lubricate the blades; and this will help them stay sharp and efficient.
Can a Nose Trimmer Irritate My Skin?
Yes! It’s possible for a nose trimmer to irritate / nick your skin, but only happens when you use a poor underrated nose hair trimmer. On this list I have featured top 5 trimmers for your nose, all these 5 have been tested by real people like you and they recommend them. If you get any irritation, relieve your nose with a non-toxic lotion like (jojoba oil / tee tree), it will calm down the skin and prevent any further damages.
How much does a nose trimmer cost?
The price of these trimmers differs from model –to-model, but on average, you will spend only $19 and get one of the best nose hair trimmers on the market. I’m actually impressed that they cost less than $30, yet you can use them to trim all types of facial hair. When it comes to maintenance, battery operated nose trimmers use small AA batteries, but one AA battery can work for 3 months, that means a pair of AA batteries will take you for 6 months.
Does the size of the head of the trimmer Matter?
Yes! It matters; it has to be of a moderate size, not too big or too small. Good news is that manufactures of these nose hair trimmers make standard heads which fit any nose / ear. When using this grooming tool, you don’t have to use pressure, its role is to trim not to shave, you need to have hair inside your nose / ear, and it prevents external objects & dirt from entering.
Why Use A Facial Hair Trimmer?
Just like I said, you can’t leave hair in the nose grown wild and at the same time, you don’t have to clean shave your nose. By default we’re supposed to have hair in the nose / ear. These two internal systems have outlets which open up to the world, if they have no guards in them, anything will find its way inside. If you pluck nose hair, you remove it from its roots so it takes long to grow back, creating space for dirt and other external organs to enter your nose or ears. The main purpose of a nose hair trimmer is to shorten on the length of nose hair, that’s to why each and every one should own one.