You should try to add functionality and style to your kitchen-counter by acquiring the Hamilton…
10 Best Toaster Ovens 2019
The market is saturated with many toaster oven machines so you might find it difficult to get the best model for your home. However,we have invested 100’s of hours searching through Amazon store to compile a list of the best toaster ovens.
This list will make it easy for you to make the right & quick purchase decision. I have provided relevant information on each model featured here…this info will help you know more about a product before making your final purchase decision. Some of the most popular models featured here include; Breville, Panasonic, Cuisinart, Hamilton, Black & Decker.
Best Toaster Ovens 2019
- Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ – Check Price on Amazon********(top rated toaster oven) Ranked as The Best Selling Convention Toaster Oven on the Market***** I have scanned customer reviews of Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven on Ebay, Wal-Mart & Amazon but it has managed to score a 9.5/10 rating which is pretty impressive. This is a must have Convention Toaster Oven for everyone (there is a new model of this item; ”Breville BOV845BSS Smart Oven Pro Convection Toaster Oven” – Both models use 1800-Watt & 5 Quartz Element IQ which distributes heat evenly) There is a slight difference between the price of BOV800XL & BOV845BSS – so you can choose between any of those 2 premium Breville models and have a better meal / toast.On the other hand – let’s cover all features of Breville BOV800XL: ……*****FEATURES*****1800W with 5 Quartz heating elements, 9 present functions: (Toast, Bagel, Bake, Broil, Roast, Cookies, Pizza, Reheat and Warm), LCD display with a backlit (very easy to read), Capacity – 13 inch pizza, 6 toast slices, Magnetic auto-eject rack, Auto shut-off and sound alert, Removable pull-out crumb tray, Non-Stick Interior featuring 3 rack positions and a Tempered glass door…….*****PROS*****You can control temperature zones in the oven, The magnetic door prevents burns, The door seals very well – thus reducing on energy waste, Ability to customize its performance by choosing from 9 programmable settings, Nice looking stainless steel finish – looks good in the kitchen and it’s very easy to clean, 3 Pans are included*** IT IS A SMART CONVECTION TOASTER OVEN….
- New!!!!! 2017 – Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven – Check Price on Amazon ****** Try out this new and fast double infrared toaster oven – it cooks up-to 40% faster than a conventional toaster. *****FEATURES*****Double Infrared Lights, Automatically calculates cooking time function (so your food / kitchen won’t be burned), Control Panes (which is very easy to use), Compact design (able to fit in a small space), Front Removable tray (which makes it easy to remove food from the oven)…….****PROS***Fast & Powerful (it warms up so fast), Looks great and it has a small foot print, Can cook sausage, Very easy to clean, Good Price, Can be used to bake / toast bread……***CONS***Can’t adjust cooking time while cooking – this can only be done at the beginning.
- Cuisinart TOB-155 Toaster Oven Broiler – Check Price on Amazon****Affordable Toaster Oven from Cuisinart – It is also a convection toaster oven just like Breville BOV800XL with a capacity of 6-slices. Cuisinart TOB-155 features state-of-the-art electronic touch-pad controls which makes it easy to use (even for beginners)…..******FEATURES******4 cooking options (Pizza/bake, broil, toast, and convection), Shade Control (this one has a heat sensor which maintains temperature in the oven), 1500W , Electronic touchpad controls, Clock & Oven Timer, Easy-to-clean interior, 6 slice capacity and 3 Year Warranty………*****PROS****Very consistent and accurate, Nonstick walls – very easy to clean, Alarm to alert you when the temperature in the oven has changed, Digital temperature setting (saves you from you guess work) – …..AFFORDABLE
- Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ – Check Price on Amazon****THE BEST SMALL TOASTER OVEN****It is a Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ technology which distributes heat evenly in the oven for even cooking. This is the right appliance for individuals with small kitchens – It consumes a small space yet it is still as powerful as ”Breville BOV800XL”’ – However, it has only 8 pre-set cooking functions instead of 9 but I’m sure you will get the best results with those 8 pre-set cooking functions….*****FEATURES*****4 Quartz , 1800 Watt Elements with Element IQ Technology, 8 Pre-set cooking functions, Counter-top oven (please don’t operate it from an enclosed area – it needs some clearance on the top because it produces heat), 4 Slice Capacity, 11 Pizza Capacity, 3 Rack positions, Auto shut off, Pull-Out Crumb Tray, Powder Coated steel exterior, Non-stick interior (very easy to clean) and a Tempered glass door…….*****PROS*****Space saving toaster oven, Convection, Powerful & Efficient, Toasts evenly due to its Element IQ technology, Very easy to clean,…..IDEAL FOR SMALL KITCHENS……
- Breville BOV650XL Compact 4-Slice Smart Oven with Element IQ – Check Price on Amazon*****Another compact smart oven by Breville – It has the same build-up quality like the other two Breville Ovens I have featured above. Much as it is a compact toaster oven – it is a little bit bigger than Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven. Its actual size is 16-1/2 by 14-1/4 by 10 inches (fits very well on your kitchen counter-top)…….******FEATURES******Compact Smart Oven (3/5-cubic-foot), 1800-watt with Element IQ technology, 8 preset functions, LCD screen with back lit, Temperature control, Time Control, Temperature Conversion button, Tempered glass door, 3 Rack positions, Removable crumb tray, Enamel baking pan (10 x 10-inch), Enamel broil Rack (10 x10 inch) and a 1 Year Warranty…...****PROS****Compact size -ideal for medium size kitchens, Toasts evenly, Easy to clean, Easy to open door, Easy to remove crumb tray. Auto shut off function, Back lit LCD panel – shows everything,…BUDGET FRIENDLY…..
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN SHOPPING FOR A BRAND NEW TOASTER OVEN?
Toaster ovens use different methods to cook / warm your food. On this list I have featured two types of toaster ovens and these include; (1) Convection models and (2) Infrared models. A convection model uses a convection fan to distribute heat evenly in the cooker to boil / warm your food – so far these are the most popular models on the market and a good example is ”Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven & KitchenAid KCO275AQ’‘. On the other hand, infrared models use infrared technology to heat / warm food – a good example is ”Panasonic NB-G110PW FlashXpress Toaster Oven”. (3) We also have convectional models which which depend on heating elements to cook your food, but these models aren’t very popular and I doubt if I have any featured model on this list.
Now that you know which model to opt for, let us go through a few steps and see how you can spot a good toaster oven on the market.
PERFORMANCE:– Since you’re just shopping for a new appliance, the easiest way of knowing how good that appliance is – is to read through various customer reviews of that particular model. Online stores like Amazon allow shoppers to post reviews on products they buy, they even have an option of rating & asking questions on how it works. Taking advantage of this kind of ”first hand information” will help you know how a product performs thus guide you on making the right purchase decision. The other things you can look at are features & build quality. Our top rated models on this list include; Breville BOV800XL & Cuisinart TOB-155. These two models are manufactured by different companies so they have different features. But in a nutshell, let’s see what makes each model worth your money.
- Breville BOV800XL – This is a smart 1800-watt convection toaster oven. It is powered by element IQ technology which controls heat distribution basing on the type of food in the oven. This is the kind of toaster oven which does the thinking for you – it somehow eliminates human error.
- Cuisinart TOB-155: This 6-slice toaster works as a broiler and a toaster at the same time. You can control it easily via a control panel. To avoid burning your food, it uses a heat sensor to maintain precise oven temperature.
SAFETY:- Since these appliance use heat to prepare / warm your food, you have to opt for a model which is safe. Premium models have heat sensors which predict any increase in temperature and regulate it so that your food does not get burnt. You will also find models with back-lit LCD doors which light up / change color during pre-heating – this prevents accidental opening of the door. A Model like Breville BOV800X has an auto eject wire rack which prevents you from putting your hands inside the oven. These are just examples of safety features found on premium models, but the main purpose of giving you these examples is to help you know what to look for before spending your hard earned cash.
List Of The Best Toaster Ovens – 2019
In position 1 we have Breville BOV800XL Smart Toaster Oven, it looks nice and well built. It is categorized as a convection toaster oven and it uses 1800-watts. Breville BOV800XL is an advanced model, it was released after BOV650XL: Compact Smart Oven. Much has been changed in this new model. It will heat all types of foods and make them ready for eating; however, as it heats your food, it also preserves the smell & nutrients in your food. But one thing you have to know when heating food is that different foods require different heating; some, like baked foods, have to be cooked evenly; yet others, like meat, need to be seared on top. Not all toaster ovens can distribute heat according to the type of food being prepared, that is to why some ovens end up burning food / meat. The advantage with Breville smart oven is that; it adjusts its heat distribution basing on the type of food / meat being prepared. At the end of it, you will get a perfect meal and that is to why it is voted as the best toaster oven of all time. It shares the same customer rating with other models on this list, but the mere fact that it distributes heat evenly makes it the winner.
DIMENSION: 18.5×16.25×11.25 inches; quite bigger than BOV450XL: Mini Smart Oven & BOV650XL: Compact Smart Oven. If you want to enjoy the functionality of this kitchen appliance, you need to create space on your kitchen counter. Remove appliances and items you don’t use at the moment, doing this will create more space for the toaster oven.
CAPACITY:- Since its big, it can take in a 13 inch pizza and 6 toast slices. With its vast space, you can prepare any type of food. It has 9 pre-set functions which you can use to customize its performance. Some of the accessories you will get include; a baking pan, broil rack and a pizza pan.
Since it comes with all relevant accessories, you will invest in a few items. For example, you need to buy a cutting board, I found one on Amazon called ”Breville BOV800CB Bamboo Cutting Board” , however, if you can get one at a cheaper price, please do. You might as well invest in a cooking book, i.e ”Cooking with Convection by Beatrice Ojakangas…this book has all tricks you can use to get more from a convection oven.
Breville BOV800XL features Element IQ cooking technology which adjusts the power of the machine. This feature ensures that food is cooked evenly and quickly so you will always get perfect results. Its sophisticated heating system will distribute heat evenly in the oven every time it is needed. Also BOV800XL has 9 different menu options from which you can choose from. Each menu has its own setting, so you will get results basing on the menu you selected. I know this might sound complicated, but this is a smart toaster oven, everything is advanced.
WATTAGE:- Now that we have seen that Breville BOV800XL can adjust and distribute heat evenly, there is one more thing it does that most toaster ovens can’t do; it adjusts the wattage of its heating elements hence offer you with more cooking flexibility. Most ovens we have on the market have fixed wattage, but this model’s Element IQ technology will increase / decrease power with a simple turn of the knob.
- Very easy to clean
- Stainless steel housing
- Ribbed plate warming tray
- Non-Stick Interior featuring 3 rack positions
- 13” pizza, 6-slice toast capacity
- Has a tempered glass door which changes color when the machine is turned on.
- A magnetic auto-eject rack
- 5 quartz elements
- Back-lit easy-read LCD which calculates the correct time & temperature
- A function dial which features 9 pre-set cooking functions.
- Auto shut-off & sound alert
- Very easy to remove pull-out crumb tray
2. Cuisinart TOB-155 Toaster Oven Broiler
Cuisinart as a brand makes durable kitchen appliances, In position two we have one of their models ”Cuisinart TOB-155 Toaster Oven Broiler” – It is a 6 slice toaster oven with at least 0.6-cubic capacity. It features electronic touchpad controls at the bottom and a digital clock with an oven timer. To avoid over cooking your food / bread, the toaster has a head sensor which maintains the oven’s temperature. If it exceeds the required temperature; the oven will switch off its self automatically. In terms of size, it has 17.8 x 16 x 9.6 inches, a little bit smaller than Breville smart toaster oven featured in position 1.
I did not see any particular part that might need replacement, however, you might need to invest some little money in the following accessories, that is if you really need too because the machine might come with its own accessories. I recommend getting the toaster oven its self and check for any missing ”relevant” accessories. (1) Pop It in the Toaster Oven Book by Lois Dewitt (this book will teach you different kinds of foods you can prepare with a toaster oven). (2) Toaster Oven Baking Pan Set by OvenStuff.
Cuisinart TOB-155 Toaster oven performs consistently. It heats up so first but it regulates the temperature to avoid burning your food. You can use it to cook pizza, chicken, fish, broil bacon, roast vegetables or use it to prepare all kinds of foods that can be cooked / heated by a toast oven. It has a wide interior size which can accommodate a big pizza. A large pan can fit very well in the oven without having any problem. However, it is a little bit larger compared to other Cuisinart Toasters so you might need to clear your kitchen counter top to create more space for this monster.
The touch buttons and digital timer make it user friendly. Actually you don’t have to read a manual to use it, the control panel features digital buttons for everything. All you need to do is to prepare what you want to toast, plug the toaster in power, switch it on, and choose the right settings via the control panel and then close the door (it is transparent, so you can see the status of your food while its being prepared).
- 6-slice toaster oven
- 0.6-cubic-foot capacity
- Its control panel has pizza/bake, broil, and toast options; bagel, reheat, and defrost buttons
- Shade control with a heat sensor
- Electronic touch-pad controls
- Oven Rack
- Baking/Drip Pan
- Toast Shade Dial
- Temperature Dial
- Function Dial
3. Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
Once again I have featured another Breville Smart Oven, however; this time it is a Mini Smart Oven. It also has Element IQ which distributes heat evenly and adjusts wattage of the machine when in use. Since this model is small, it will fit very well on a small kitchen counter top and its price is half of that of Breville BOV800XL, so if you can’t afford the bigger version (Breville BOV800XL), opt for this small version. Both models are Smart Ovens (no convection)
Instead of the 5 quartz, Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven uses 4 quartz 1800 Watt elements with Element IQ technology. It uses 8 pre-set cooking functions; not 9 as Breville BOV800XL. According to Breville, BOV450XL is not an under the cabinet toaster oven,. so it needs clearance on top because it produces heat when in use.
DIMENSION:- 16x13x9 inches only, it is ideal for small kitchens. Since its a mini smart oven, it can accommodate an 11 inch pizza and 4 toast slices. Breville BOV800XL’s capacity is 13 inch pizza & 6 toasts. In my opinion, the difference between these two is not that big. I’m sure results are the same because both models have Element IQ technology which distributes heat evenly in the oven to offer you with the best toast.
Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven is a small but powerful mini toast oven; it is good for small families and single people. It has some of the most relevant features you might find in larger Breville Smart ovens, so you will not miss anything except size. Since it is small in size, it requires less counter space and it heats up very fast. You can use it to prepare small snack foods. It is very easy to use, you can’t imagine, an 8 year old can use this toaster. The start / off button is just at the front and the digital timer & temperature indicator has a very good LCD display.
- 4 Quartz 1800 Watt Elements
- Element IQ Technology
- It has a function dial with 8 pre-set cooking function.
- 4-Slice capacity
- Tempered glass door
- Back-lit easy-read LCD
- 3 rack positions
- Pull-out crumb tray
- Auto shut off
- Powder coated steel housing
Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler seems to be the newer version of Cuisinart TOB-155 but I have failed to find a reason why the older version costs more than the newer version; I would expect that to be the other way round. However’ let’s put the price factor on the side and see if there’s any difference between Cuisinart TOB-195 & Cuisinart TOB-155 .
CUISINART TOB-195 vs. CUISINART TOB-155:-
- Both Cuisinart TOB-195 & Cuisinart TOB-155 have 6-slice convection toaster oven broiler which features a 0.6-cubic foot capacity.
- Both have control buttons at the bottom, these include; Pizza/bake, broil, toast, and convection; bagel, reheat, and defrost buttons.
- Both models have a shade control system with a heat sensor. This maintains the oven’s temperature.
- Both models have electronic touchpad controls featuring a clock & oven timer.
- Both have an easy-to-clean interior
- When it comes to product dimension, Cuisinart TOB-195 has 18.5 x 16.9 x 10 inches yet Cuisinart TOB-155 has 17.8 x 16 x 9.6 inches, this means Cuisinart TOB-195 is bigger than Cuisinart TOB-155 . Logically, if Cuisinart TOB-195 is bigger, it should cost more than Cuisinart TOB-195, but that is not the case. According to these dimensions Cuisinart TOB-155 is smaller than TOB-195 which makes it ideal for small kitchens.
I’m sure majority of you have owned a Panasonic appliance or gadget, most of their products are durable and efficient. In position 5 I have featured ”Panasonic NB-G110PW FlashXpress Toaster Oven”, it comes at a very good price so you should not worry about that. But what makes it unique from other toaster ovens is the ability to automatically calculate cooking / toasting time for all foods. Its digital timer will make sure your food is well prepared in time and it will auto switch off its self once its job is done. On the other hand, Panasonic NB-G110PW comes with 6-menu illustrated buttons which makes it very easy to use. Each button is well market; even a 8 / 9 year old will know how to use this toaster oven. The instant heat feature is supposed to eliminate preheating for quick cooking, so you don’t have to wait for so long to have a good meal. This instant heating feature makes Panasonic NB-G110PW toaster oven ideal for single people.
WORKS BETTER ON THE FOLLOWING:- (brief list on what Panasonic NB-G110PW can do)
- Use it to toast bread in any way you like.
- Use it to toast bagels
- Toasting English muffins
- Use it to heat pastries / croissants
- It can bake biscuits
- Prepare Pizza or re-heat a cold pizza
- Make cookies and so much more….
NOTE:- This Panasonic NB-G110PW toaster oven does not replace a traditional toaster, it is not too powerful so you might not be in position to bake some things. I’m not sure if it can cook chicken very well like Breville toaster ovens do, but once it gets to what it does best, you will love the end result. Another thing you have to note is that Panasonic NB-G110PW uses infrared light; that is to why there is no pre-heating required. Since this will be your first time to use this type of toaster, you will get confused when it’s in operation. Lights will go On & Off; this is not a technical error. That is how Panasonic NB-G110PW operates. It is a wonderful toaster oven once you get used to it and know what it does best.
I’m sure many of you have not used infrared toaster ovens. They perform in a different way and they’re good at heating some foods very well yet bad at particular foods. However, the only way you can know what it does best, is by testing (trial & error process). What I know is that Panasonic makes the best products and they have pioneered the market for infrared toaster ovens. So I have no doubt when it comes to this toaster ovens’ performance.
CAUTION:- One thing you have to know about this machine is that you can’t adjust preparation time when it is cooking. This has to be done from the beginning. I can take this as a con / disadvantage, but once you know what to do from the beginning, everything will move on smoothly.
FOOD TEMPERATURE:- Since this machine does not use heat like conventional ovens, your food will come out of the oven at a much cooler temperature. Not too hot, just an average temperature. For this reason, many people and families use infrared toaster ovens. You will eat your food / pizza immediately after preparing it. No need of waiting for it to cool down.
- Double Infrared Heating
- Auto-Cook Menus
- All-Day Food Options
- Precise Temperature Control
- Digital Timer
- Convenient Interior Light (keep an eye on your food while it’s inside the oven)
- See-Through Door (you can easily see what you’re cooking)
HOW TO USE TOASTER OVEN?
A toaster oven is a versatile kitchen appliance, it can be used to toast bread, bake, broil, defrost / reheat cold food. In many homes, toaster ovens are used to do all tasks performed by a regular oven. However, you need to know how to use this simple kitchen appliance.
- Step 1:- Before plugging your toaster oven in power, first prepare your food / meat / bread or anything you want to warm / toast. I can’t predict the time you will spend doing this because we all have different experiences. When the preparation stage is complete, clean the toaster oven very well with a dump cloth, but make sure it is not plugged into power, otherwise you might get into trouble. Once the oven is clean, insert what you want to toast and close the toasters door. Plug it into power and switch on the power…….continue reading…….
Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven
In position 6 we have another Panasonic Flash Xpress toaster oven (NB-G110P). This is an old model of Panasonic NB-G110PW featured in position (5). It has a small foot print which makes it ideal for small kitchens. It also has a 6-menu illustrated panel for easy use just like the new model. The front tray is removable and it has a nonstick interior which is very easy to clean.
PERFORMANCE:- Panasonic NB-G110PW FlashXpress’s double infrared light cooks up to 40% faster than most conventional toaster ovens which use direct heat. But what you have to note is that some foods can not be prepared very well with infrared lights. But that shouldn’t stop you from using this appliance, test it with different foods and see how it performs. For chicken, I doubt of it will make it brown as conventional toaster ovens do.
POWER:- Instead of direct heat, NB-G110PW uses 1300Watt double ‘infrared lights which cook faster (40%) than ordinary conventional toaster ovens. It automatically calculates cooking time for different types of foods. Its temperature settings vary from 250 degrees – 500 degrees)
TYPES OF FOODS:- You can use an infrared light toaster oven to prepare ; Frozen Food (Pizza, Hash Browns), Bread (Toast, Waffles, Bagels) and Reheat (Rolls, Breads, Leftovers). According to its dimensions (13.5 x 14.5 x 13.5 inches), this toaster can accommodate a 9 inch pizza and 4 slices of bread.
- Auto-Cook Menus to guide you on how to set it.
- Double Infrared Heating (cooks faster than a conventional toaster)
- Precise Temperature Control (increase / decrease temperature ”250 degrees – 500 degrees)
- Digital Timer
- Convenient Interior Light
- See-Through Door
ACCESSORIES:- With just one single purchase price, you will also get the following accessories for free; square-shape inner tray, a baking tray and a removable crumb tray
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN NB-G110P & NB-G110PW:
I have compared features on these two models, but everything looks the same. However, Panasonic NB-G110PW is bigger than Panasonic NB-G110P, so if you have a big kitchen, you can order for NB-G110PW, but if your kitchen is small, NB-G110P should be your best option. Price difference is not that big
7. Breville BOV650XL Compact 4-Slice Smart Oven with Element IQ
In position 7 we have Breville BOV650XL toaster oven, it is 3/5-cubic foot so it can fit very well on a small kitchen counter. This smart oven also uses Element IQ technology just like Breville BOV800XL featured in position 1.It is fully electronic and smart which makes it accurate and first. It can accommodate a 12 inch pizza and 4 slices of bread. It works as a great toaster, but you can as well do more with it. For example; you can use it to prepare chicken, bake a cake, warm food, make cookies, cook fish and so much more. Its temperature is adjustable (from 120 degrees to 450 degrees), the ability to adjust temperature will enable you customize your own meal. It is just small, but it has almost every feature found on BOV800XL.
For those who want to keep an eye on what you’re preparing, the see through glass will give you that glance. But when you set the exact temperature and time, the machine will bake / heat your food in the appropriate manner and then switch off its self hence prevent burning your food.
NOT A CONVECTION OVEN:- Much as it has the same features like the Breville BOV800XL, it does not have the convection technology in it. But that does not affect its performance, actually it can bake,. Broil, cook any type of food. It might seem small on the inside, but that is already stated in its product description, (small oven) so that should not be a surprise to you.
- Easy to operate
- Door is very easy to open & close
- Very easy to clean
- Removable crumb tray
- Small in size, suitable for small kitchen counter top
- Has an auto shut off function
- Its LCD panel features different background colors which show that the oven is on / off
- It heats up so fast, so your food will be ready in a few minutes.
- Very powerful toaster oven. It can bake, reheat or prepare any type of snack
- It has a timer which you can use when preparing specific snacks.
- Toast anything with just one single touch. This makes it easy to use.
- Dimension (10 inches x 14.2 inches x 16.5 inches) bigger than BOV450XL Mini smart oven
- Element IQ technology
- Back LCD screen
- Control Buttons (time/temp control dial; defrost button; temperature-conversion button)
- Tempered-glass door
- 3 rack positions
- 8 preset functions
- 10 x 10 inch enamel baking pan & 10 x 10 inch enamel broil rack
I like the fact that it categorized as a Set & Forget toaster oven. Not only will it make you lazy, but it will prepare the best chicken and all other kinds of foods. Hamilton Beach 31230 is categorized as a convection toaster oven, this feature makes it fast and efficient. It has a temperature control system which cooks meat perfectly without burning / overcooking it. If you don’t need the convection feature, you can turn it off and use the oven to cook traditional food. To avoid overcooking your food / meat, Hamilton Beach 31230 will adjust / shift from hot to warm temperature if the set time or temperature is reached.
GOOD FOR BEGINNERS:- If this is your first time to use a toaster oven, I suggest you start with Hamilton Beach 31230 because it is a set and forget toaster oven. You don’t have to panic or worry about anything. And above anything else, it is affordable. In terms of price, it competes with other models like Black & Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven and Black & Decker CTO6335S. Many people use Black & Decker appliances because they’re cheap, however, when it comes to durability, I doubt if they can out-compete Hamilton appliance.
I will recommend only three Items for this Hamilton Beach 31230 and these include; (1) Revolutionary 932°F Extreme Heat Resistant EN407 Certified Gloves – these will protect your hands from excessive heat. (2) 101 Things To Do with an Toaster Oven Book – written by Donna Kelly. This book will open you to a world of foods you can make with a toaster oven (ideal for all beginners). (3) Oven Crisper pan – this can be used to prepare simple snacks like chips.
Its settings are accurate and the machine produces perfect toast. It is great on chicken and meat, though it can as well prepare other types of foods & snacks. If you want to bake something, you have to adjust temperature basing on what you’re baking. I can’t quote the exact temperature because each bakery has its own preparation temperature, but what I know is that the temperature will be above 25 degrees. On the other hand, you can use the convection mode, it distributes heat evenly thus heating your food appropriately. Since it is an average toaster oven, it will take long to prepare some foods, so be aware of that.
- Temperature probe which ensures that your food / meat cooks to perfection.
- Convection settings (heat is distributed evenly)
- Large interior
- 6 menu selection. You can cook in six ways: TOAST, BROIL, PROBE, BAKE, CONVECTION & WARM
- Traditional baking if probe & convection features are not used.
- Switches to WARM function once the desired temperature / time is reached
- LED display & a digital touch-pad (which makes the machine easy to set & use)
- 2 Rack positions
- Rear bumper which allows airflow between the oven & the wall
Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
According to Black & Decker this toaster oven has an exclusive toasting technology which makes it efficient and perfect. It comes in both black & red color, so you can select a color of your choice. It also features a 30 minute timer and a stay-on function which ensures that your snack / food stays warm after preparation. Its crumb tray is removable, this makes it very easy to clean / use.
When using Black & Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven, close the glass door to keep the temperature on the inside. Since the glass door is transparent, you will be in position to see what you’re preparing. You can set a desired time basing on the type of snack / food you’re preparing.
Judging from its features, Black & Decker TO1303SB is a reasonable toaster oven. You can use it to toast bread or prepare any kind of snack. It has a single heating element on the top & bottom, but that does not affect its performs. Simply don’t expect too much from it. All your focus should be on getting results in a reasonable time frame. It has only 4 modes and these include: Warm, Broil, Bake and Toast.
TOASTED BREAD:- Black & Decker TO1303SB can toast 4 slices of bread at a go, however your toasted bread will not look the same like bread toasted using a normal toaster. Why? Because your bread will sit on a wire rack, so it will have zebra lines on it, but that should not be a big issue, its looks will not affect its test.
CAUTION:- Unlike other models (featured on this list) with temperature regulators and auto shut off feature, this model will require you to stay around and monitor its performance, otherwise you will end-up with burnt toasted bread.
I will close this detailed review with Hamilton Beach 22708 Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven. It is a 2-in-1 compact toaster with a mini oven. It is small in size so it can fit very well on a small counter-top. The top part is designed like a traditional bread toaster and the bottom part works as an oven. It has 1-1/2-inch slot and it accommodates two 16-inch pizza slices. People who prefer traditional toaster ovens, this should be your choice, it has no complicated features on it and it has an auto shutoff which prevents the toaster from burning your pizza.
With just one single control button, you can switch the machine from a toaster to an oven. Its exterior build-up seems to be strong and durable. On the side it features two control knobs and a red CANCEL button which you can use during an emergency. Its transparent glass door has to be closed when preparing food / snacks.
DIMENSIONS:- 16 x 9 x 8 inches , suitable for small kitchen counter tops.
- 1 Best Toaster Ovens 2019
- 2 WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN SHOPPING FOR A BRAND NEW TOASTER OVEN?
- 3 List Of The Best Toaster Ovens – 2019
- 4 Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ
- 5 2. Cuisinart TOB-155 Toaster Oven Broiler
- 6 3. Breville BOV450XL Mini Smart Oven with Element IQ
- 7 Cuisinart TOB-195 Exact Heat Toaster Oven Broiler
- 8 CUISINART TOB-195 vs. CUISINART TOB-155:-
- 9 Panasonic NB-G110PW FlashXpress Toaster Oven
- 10 HOW TO USE TOASTER OVEN?
- 11 Panasonic NB-G110P Flash Xpress Toaster Oven
- 12 7. Breville BOV650XL Compact 4-Slice Smart Oven with Element IQ
- 13 Hamilton Beach 31230 Set & Forget Toaster Oven
- 14 Black and Decker TO1303SB 4-Slice Toaster Oven
- 15 Hamilton Beach 22708 Toastation 2-Slice Toaster and Mini Oven
- 16 Related Posts