Panasonic is well known for offering its customers with a fairly wide selection of personal…
Panasonic ER-GB40-S Cordless Moustache & Beard Trimmer Review
Before getting a full beard, you will be excited to see one on your face and one of the things you will search for is the best beard growth product, but after getting that thick long beard of your dream, the excitement will fade away and the next thing on your agenda will be trimming that beard, you don’t want to get rid of it completely, but you want to get it into the right shape.
Now that you have narrowed down your goal, the next thing is to find the best beard trimmer, one which can give you more than 5 length settings, which can also trim the edges of your beard / mustache and side burn.
This Panasonic ER-GB40-S Cordless beard & mustache trimmer will do the best job, It’s an all-in-one machine, you can also use it to trim / shave body hair, so investing your money in this affordable grooming product is a good decision. In this post, I will strip this product in and out, show you its pros / cons / features and what customers say about the product, at least this information will help you make the right purchase decision.
- Use it in the shower: – Many guys love to shave / trim their beards and other parts while in the shower, however, not all trimmers can be used while in the shower, most of them can get damaged when water is flashed over them. This Panasonic ER-GB40-S Cordless Moustache & Beard Trimmer can work well while in wet conditions, you don’t have to switch of the shower.
- Easy to adjust: – Men with long beards, you will find this trimmer very easy to use. It comes with 19 length settings which are very easy to set. Simply use the adjustment button to alternate length settings. If you want to go from long to short, I suggest you do it gradually, in that way you will get the best results.
- Long charging hours: – This cordless Panasonic beard trimmer will take 15 hours to get charged fully, and this will give you only 50 minutes of non-stop cordless trimming / shaving. If I compare this to Remington MB-200 Titanium which charges for 8 hou
rs and gives you 120 minutes of nonstop usage, I will probably opt for Remington MB-200 Titanium. However, their some features that this Panasonic ER-GB40-S has that you won’t find with the Remington MB-200 Titanium.
- Can’t replace the battery once its dead:- Yep, that is true, the only option you have is to buy a new trimmer. But most users have reported good battery life after using this product for over 5 years, in my opinion, that is enough time of usage.
PANASONIC ER-GB40-S vs. PANASONIC ER-CA35-K:
- Both models are wet / dry beard trimmers, so you should not be scared to use them while in the shower. At least this feature puts all Panasonic beard trimmers to a different level, because majority of beard trimmers I have reviewed don’t have this wet & dry option, some can get damaged if you splash water over them.
- Both have Hypoallergenic, Stainless Steel Blades, these strong and durable blades will give you the best results. Men with very thick course beards, you will love these two models.
- Both feature a Spring Loaded Cutting System which ensures that you get an even trim.
- Both models have a detail trimmer which you can use to customize the look of your beard / stubble.
- Both models are rechargeable and cordless, so you don’t have to buy new batteries all the time…..which is a cost saving feature.
- Models are All-in-one grooming products, I have checked their descriptions, you can be in position to trim your beard / body hair/ mustache with both models.
- Panasonic ER-CA35-K is a premium beard trimmer; its price doubles that of Panasonic ER-GB40-S. With that in mind, the size of your wallet will definitely decide which of these two beard trimmers you will own.
- Panasonic ER-GB40-S has 19 adjustments while Panasonic ER-CA35-K has only 14 adjustment settings.
- Panasonic ER-CA35-K has a dual voltage yet Panasonic ER-GB40-S has only one default voltage setting.
- When it comes to pricing I will give Panasonic ER-GB40-S a thumb up, it is an affordable Panasonic beard trimmer compared to Panasonic ER-CA35-K .
- When it comes to usability, I will give all stars to Panasonic ER-CA35-K, this premium beard trimmer features dual voltage and it charges for only 6 hours, which will give you 40 minutes of nonstop usage. If i compare this to ER-GB40-S which takes 15 hours to charge fully and I only get 50 minutes of nonstop usage, trust me, I will put my bucks on ER-CA35-K.
- Precision-cut stainless steel:- These enable the trimmer cut through any thick beard of any kind, so if you have tried other beard trimmers and failed to get the best results, look no further, because these stainless steel blades will give you the best results.
- AC Re-charger stand with indicator:- This will ensure that your shaver is fully charged. Just plug the trimmer in its charger stand and wait for the light indicator to go on, this will show you the battery is fully charged.
- 3-Comb Attachments:- One is for the beard, the 2nd one is for the mustache, and the third can work on long hair.
- All-in-One Hair, Beard & Body Trimmer: – Multipurpose grooming tool, it can shave your beards / mustache / side burn and body hair.
- Waterproof – fully immiscible in water:- So you can shave while in the shower.
- Rubberized Grip:- This makes it easy to use / hold while in the shower, at least you will not worry about this trimmer slipping off your hands when wet shaving.
- Trimming your eyebrows:- I personally take a while to trim my eyebrows, but some men need to trim them at least twice in a week, if you’re that kind of guy, then set this ER-GB40-S to a 3.5 mm / 4mm, you will get better results. However, those settings can be reduced down basing on your desires.
- Adjustable Comb:- You can easily remove or adjust the plastic comb, this will enable you get a custom beard. If you damage that plastic comb during usage, replace it with a new one any time. Parts can be found on Amazon and Panasonic website.
- Using shaving Cream:- Not necessarily that you have to wet your beard before grooming, you can get a clean shave without shaving cream, but if you prefer wet shave to dry shave, then leather up before using this trimmer, it performs really good on wet & dry.
- Outlining your beard / side-burn:- You can use this ER-GB40-S to define the edge of your beard / side burn. However, it will require you to remove the guide comb; this will expose off the blades and make it very easy to shape the edges of your beard. At the same time you can use it to shape your neckline.
- Head trimming:- If you want to keep your hair at a moderate level, you can use this trimmer. Simply opt for the right setting and attach the plastic guide comb and start trimming hair on your head, it’s that simple. But this product is not for hair cutting, all it can do is to trim not shave. If you want a bold head, I suggest you opt for a clipper or an electric shaver.
- Mustache Trimming:- By default, this product was designed to take care of three things, beards, body hair and mustache. It’s roll is to trim not to shave, so if you want to groom that mustache very well, look no further, this is the best product for you.
- Close trim:- I know some of you might want to clear off that beard, but at the same time you want to feature just a little of it, this trimmer will give you a close trim which is similar to a clean shave. If you have a 5 o’clock shadow, you can maintain it with this Panasonic ER-GB40-S cordless trimmer.
- Charge station:- You don’t have too bother yourself with cords & plugs when charging this ER-GB40-S , let it sit in its charge system and leave it to charge fully and then use it in a cordless mode. Even though it might take a while for it to charge fully, that should not discourage from using this ER-GB40-S.
- Washable: – Not all beard trimmers have this option, so the only way you can clean them is by stripping them apart and clean them with a brush. However, after wet shaving with this product, you can run water tap over its head and get rid of shaving cream and clogged hair from the trimmers head.