5 Best Baby Monitors 2018 Reviews
Baby monitors differ in style and functionality, some have videos yet others are audio based. But, what is the best baby monitor on the market? Right question; I have reviewed 10 most rated models on the market and each of these models has been tested by people like you – so I will base on both customer ratings and reviews to rank these baby gadgets on this list. Living that aside, a baby monitor’s job is to give you instant information about your baby. Those with videos will stream a real time videos of your baby so you will be in position to know which side they’re sleeping on / know what they’re exactly doing. Some people say the video based baby monitors are not private, so if a baby shares there room with a maid you might end up monitoring the maid as well. To some extend this might be true and if your home has such a setting, opt for model which has no video like; ”Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor” if not, put the baby in their own room and install a video based baby monitoring camera like; Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor.
CAUTION:- Parents with newborns, I argue you to share your bed with your new born baby because these little guys/ladies need your attention 24/7 and a baby monitor might miss out on certain callings. However, you should not sleep with a new born baby under the same sheets with your spouse. Simply put them in a Side Sleeper or an infant travel bed. When they grow up – switch them to a portable baby crib which you can either leave in your bedroom / put in another room next to yours.
OUR BEST CHOICES – 2018:
- Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature Sensor and Night Mode – Check Price on Amazon**** *****Private connection with Zero interference – You can talk back to your baby in a range of up to 330 meters (Features sound activated lights which show the level of sounds in baby’s room)
- Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens – Check Price on Amazon*****Features a Large 3.5 inches full color LCD display – you will be able to see your baby clearly – Remotely pan, tilt and zoom the picture. (Good battery life – 10 hours)
- Levana Jena Digital Baby Video Monitor with 8 Hour Rechargeable Battery – Check Price on Amazon*****Monitor your baby 24/7 and the temperature in there nursery – During the night it uses a 15ft night vision feature & a talk back function which enables you to speak back to your baby…..
- VTech VM321 Safe & Sound Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision – Check Price on Amazon*****High resolution 2.8” color screen LCD screen – 2 way talk back functionality and Adjustable camera lens to give you a better view…..
- Levana Ayden 3.5″ Digital Video Baby Monitor – Check Price on Amazon*****Comes with a Temperature Monitor function, Talk to Baby Two-way Intercom and Zoom feature (3.5″ LCD screen offers you with a clear view) – Good battery life ”48 hour battery life in voice-activated, power saving PEEP mode”
WHAT TO LOOK FOR?
Now that you have had a quick look at our top 5 performers on this list, Let us go ahead and cover all essential things you should consider when buying a baby monitor for the first time.
- SIGNAL STRENGTH:- A baby monitor with a wide coverage is good – because it give you the option of doing whatever you want from any room of the house or outside the house without losing connection with your baby. Good models start from 300 ft to 1000 meters. A good example is VTech VM321 – it has 1000 ft coverage
- SECURITY:- You have to be the only one monitoring your baby. Wire people are on the hunt of any open home network, their intentions are not as good as yours. So use a baby monitor which encrypts data as it is being transmitted to your unit. If you want to use a cell phone as a baby monitor, make sure you get a mobile application which encrypts data and also your wifi has to be 100% secure. A good example of a Model with an encrypted system is Philips Avent DECT.
- EXPANDABLE:- If you plan to have more than 1 child, it is better you buy a monitor which can accommodate more than 1 camera. I know these devices are affordable, but it does not make sense to have two monitoring units in one home because each unit will have a parent unit and I doubt if you can use two parent units at once. A good example of an expandable model is Infant Optics DXR-5
- BATTERY LIFE:- Device should have a very good battery life span – so that you don’t charge it from time to time.
- LED LIGHT ALERTS: – These should be off if nothing is detected at least to give you some peace while sleeping. I know of some baby monitors with very sharp LED lights which can irritate you when sleeping.
- QUALITY OF SOUND:- This should not be interrupted by surrounding devices or noise. It has to be crystal clear
- NIGHT VISION FOR VIDEO BASED MONITORS: – Opt for a model which can be used during that dark when lights are off.
- TWO WAY TAKL BACK FEATURE:- You have to be in position to talk back to your baby – this will make them feel cared for and it will also prevent them from unnecessary cries.
- EASY TO SET UP:- You don’t need a technician to set up a baby monitor. If it gets to that point, then that is a wrong model for you.
- VERSATILITY:- Should be used to do more than one thing, for example, it can monitor the child’s movements, baby’s room temperature……..etc…..
- VIDEO MONITORING:- Some parents prefer using Video baby monitors to audio bases monitors. Even me I would opt for a video based model like Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor because it has a large LCD screen with a zoom-in feature. It delivers a crystal clear image and uninterrupted sound..
- AUDIO MONITORING:- Since video based baby monitors are to addictive and they have a short battery lifespan – an audio based model can be a nice option. Premium models like Philips Avent DECT can report any single noice made by your baby. So you will always know when they are awake. It also features a room temperature sensor which warns you when the temperature of your baby’s room / nursery changes.
LIST OF 10 BEST BABY MONITORS – 2018
- Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor with Temperature Sensor and Night Mode
In position 1, we have Philips Avent DECT Baby Monitor. It is equipped with a temperature sensor and a night mode which monitors your baby during the night. When shopping for these gadgets for the first time, make sure you get a model with a night mode feature because a lot goes on during the night and most babies get into trouble during the night. Philips Avent DECT is not video based, so if you’re in need of a video baby monitor, opt for Infant Optics DXR-8 featured in position 2. Philips Avent DECT comes with an easy to understand instructions which you must follow when installing it – it has a very modern design and build quality compared to other radio based baby monitors on the market.
This unit establishes and maintains a very strong wireless signal. If you have a two storage house, you will experience no lost signal. The sound quality is very good – you will also be in position to talk back to your baby without any interruption. In brief, let us see what makes Philips Avent DECT worth your money.
NO INTERFERENCE & PRIVATE CONNECTION:- Philips AVENT scd570/10 baby monitor will offer you with reliable connection to your baby at any given time of the day. It uses DECT technology which guarantees zero interference from any other transmitting gadget in the house like; cordless phones, smart phones and so much more. The ability to filter signals results into a super clear sound. You can easily listen and talk back to your child clearly and they will feel like you’re physically in their room.
CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND:- DECT technology enables AVENT deliver crystal clear sound from your baby’s room – so you can hear them all the time and know what to do. Babies can’t talk, so the only way they can communicate is by making noise / cry. When your baby wakes up, they will make some wired sound to alert you that they’re awake. And if the diaper is full / if they need to breast feed, they will cry endlessly. Keeping in touch with your baby 24/7 is ideal for you and the baby. If you want to put your baby to sleep, you can use your talkie and sing them a soothing song – experts say that sometimes all your baby needs is a soothing sound of your voice. Singing to your baby every night will also create a strong bond between the two of you. With just one click, you can connect and communicate with your baby from any part of the house.
DATA ENCRYPTION:- In this day of age, data security is very essential because a hacker can easily get into your house remotely using a WiFi connection. So if you have transmitting gadgets which use WiFi – they have to be 100% safe. AVENT scd570/10 baby monitor is 100% safe – data transmitted by this gadget is encrypted so it can be tapped by a third party. This puts you and your baby in a safe position.
TEMPERATURE SENSOR:- This is a very essential feature that every parent should consider. AVENT has a customized temperature sensor which enables you to monitor the climate in your baby’s room (It does not record body temperature, but it records room temperature & climate). You will get alerts of any temperature changes and react accordingly. For example, if you went to bed when its warm, your baby will be covered in light clothes to prevent them from sweating, but if the weather changes to coldness, also there room temperature will change and it will require you to change their cover. AVENT’s temperature sensor will always keep you updated so that you know what to do when the need arises.
- Range up to 330 meters
- Crystal Clear Sound
- Zero Interference with DECT technology
- Rechargeable Wireless Unit
- Night light and lullabies
- Vibration Alert
- Temperature Sensor
- 2 AA batteries required. (included)
- Battery low indication
- Sound-level light
- Battery charging indication
- Sensitivity control
- Volume control
- Operating time on battery: 18 hour(s)
- Power supply: 220-240 V
- Charging time: 10 hour(s)
RELATED:- How to Buy a Baby Video Monitor
- Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor with Interchangeable Optical Lens #1 Best Seller in Baby Monitors
In position 2, we have Infant Optics DXR-8 Video Baby Monitor. So far it is the bestselling video based baby monitor on Amazon. It comes with interchangeable optical lens for better view – with these interchangeable optical lens, you can customize both viewing angle and zoom. Its large 3.5 inches LCD screen will enable you see what your baby is doing in real time. This is a very good baby monitor for parents who want to more than sound – it virtually brings your baby closer, though some parents have reported that when you start using video baby monitors you get addicted to it.
You can as well use it as a security camera for your home – it has a remote pan which you can use to tilt the camera and zoom IN/OUT – this feature gives you an opportunity to view all angles in your baby’s bedroom. Infant Optics DXR-8 Video has a long battery life of 10 hours while on power save mode and 6 hours when the screen is on. In brief, let us see what makes Infant Optics DXR-8 baby monitor worth your money.
INTERCHANGEABLE LENS TECHNOLOGY:- You don’t have to be limited by default settings of DXR-8 Video Monitor. It has three separate lens ”Normal, Wide and Zoom”. Change these lenses basing on what you want. For example, (1) If you want a crisp clear image with a moderate coverage of the room – able to see what your baby is doing, opt for the normal lens setting. (2) If you want a close-up view of your baby during sleep, opt for a zoom optical lens – this will bring your baby’s image closer and super clear. (3) On the other hand, if you want to capture the entire room, opt for wide angle lens, they have a full 170 degree panoramic view – you can explore the whole bed room and check for open windows or anything else.
3.5 COLOR LCD SCREEN WITH NIGHT VISION:- The display screen of Infant Optics DXR-8 is 3.5 inches. You will be in position to see a full crystal clear image of your child from head to toe. This LCD screen is also equipped with a temperature indicator which shows you the exact temperature readings in your baby’s room and at the same time it is sound activated – so you can hear from your baby and talk back to them in real time. You can increase / decrease the volume of the sound.
- Room temperature sensor
- Remote pan, tilt and digital zoom
- Infrared night vision
- Talk-back function
- 5 inch LCD color display (delivers a crystal clear image)
- Interchangeable optical lens
- 3 separate lens (Normal lens, Zoom Optical Lens and Wide Angle Lens)
- 1 Lithium ion batteries required
- Long battery life (10 hours in power-saving mode, 6 hours with the display screen)
- Quick-key volume & brightness controls
- Alarm function
- Out-of range warning
- Low battery warning
- Dimension (9.2 x 8.5 x 3.6 inches) / Weight (2 pounds)
- Battery power indicator
- Levana Jena Digital Baby Video Monitor with 8 Hour Rechargeable Battery and Talk to Baby Intercom
In position 3, we have Levana Jena Digital Baby Video Monitor. It is an affordable baby video monitor with all basic features that you would need to stay in touch with your baby. It battery life can last up to 8 solid hours – so you can attend to other things without worrying about battery charge for at least 8 hours. When I compare LEVANA with Infant Optics DXR-8 featured in position 2, I would still put my money on Infant Optics DXR-8 because its battery life is 10 hours and it has 3 interchangeable lens. But in terms of price, LEVANA is more affordable than Infant Optics DXR-8.
You will have the freedom of knowing that your baby is safe with this private & secure digital wireless 500ft away video monitor. You will always get updates on what your baby is doing. For example, if she cries, the monitor will light up and show you your baby via the screen and at the same time give you an option to talk back to them. Sound delivery is so good – not interrupted at all, so you & your baby will hear each other very well. LEVANA JENA can be used at night – it has an automatic night vision camera which captures each and every single move your baby makes. Night time is very risky, so you and your partner have to be alert in case need arises. Jena has extra essential features that you might like and these include; a nursery temperature monitor which alerts you of any temperature change in the nursery, lullabies, nightlight and expandability of up to 4 cameras. In brief, let us go through some essential features of LEVAN JENA
500FT SECURE SIGNAL:- LEVANA uses a ClearVu technology to enable you see, hear and communicate with your baby 500ft away from there bedroom. Signal sent by this device is private, interrupted and secure. No one will be in position to interfere with the signal – so all data sent can be seen by you.
8+ HOUR RECHARGEABLE BATTERY:- What makes Jena unique is its rechargeable lithium ion battery – this is the most powerful battery available for baby monitors. This battery can last up to 8 hours with the video screen on and over 12 hours in PEEP mode.
15FT AUTOMATIC NIGHT VISION:- The built in night vision gives you the opportunity to capture clear images of your baby during the night – even in complete darkness. So even when power goes off; you will still be in touch with your baby. This night vision camera automatically adjusts to the level of light. It can be placed anywhere in your baby’s room.
NURSERY TEMPERATURE MONITORING:- Any temperature drop or increase can make a baby feel uncomfortable. Studies show that a baby’s room should be between 68-71° F . The temperature of the nursery can be seen via your baby’s monitor screen – so you will always know what to do in case it drops / increases.
TALK TO BABY™ TWO-WAY COMMUNICATION:- I’m sure all baby monitors featured on this list have this talk back two way communication system. Sometimes your baby does not need to breast feed; all they need is someone attending to them. Since they’re babies, they can’t talk just like you, but they can respond to soothing sound. Sing back to your child 500ft away from them and make them feel comfortable and attended too.
- Lacks pan & tilt capability – so you have to set the camera manually
- Small screen – 2.5 inches (smaller than that of Infant Optics DXR-8)
- Lights on baby unit & parent unit are too bright
- Has no option for using video only / sound only
- You can’t mount the camera to the wall
- VTech VM321 Safe & Sound Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision
In position 4 we have VTech VM321 Safe & Sound Video Baby Monitor. It comes with two cameras so you will have a better view of your baby & there bedroom. However, if you feel like two cameras are not enough, you can add another camera to customize results. As a parent, you will get one unit which works as monitor and the other two cameras will be put in your baby’s room. The LCD colored screen is very clear (with 2.8 inches) and it never misses your baby’s movements / smiles. VTech VM321 can work very well at night – it has an automatic IR night vision which enables you to watch your baby during the night without disturbing them. You can as well comfort your baby remotely with a 2-way talk-back intercom system. In brief, let us see what makes VTech VM321 Safe & Sound Video Baby Monitor worth your money.
ADJUSTABLE CAMERA LENS:- You can easily change camera angle to ensure the best view of your baby and there room. This can be done 1,000 feet away from their bed room. This is an interesting feature that every parent would need. I just imagine having full control of my babies room 1000 ft away from them. In addition to that, you can as well add more cameras for a detailed view. Each of these cameras as an automatic IR night vision feature which enables you to monitor your baby in darkness.
WALL-MOUNTABLE CAMERAS:- You can easily mount the cameras on the wall for better view of your child’s room. Once the camera is mounted on the wall; remotely adjust the lens to ensure a better view of your baby. Use wall-mount brackets to attach the cameras to any wall in your house.
TRANSMITS BOTH AUDIO & VIDEO SIGNALS 1,000 FEET:- Not only will have an opportunity to see a crystal clear picture of your child, you will also get clear sound from them. When your baby wakes up and cries, that sound will be sent on your unit and at the same time you will have a live video preview of your baby.
5 SOOTHING LULLABIES:- VTech VM321-2 has a talk-back function which enables you to talk / sing to your baby while you’re 1000 feet away from their bedroom. This is a nice & cool feature, but sometime you might not be in the mood to sign, so the other option is to choose from 5 soothing lullabies. You can choose and play them remotely and your baby will hear them perfectly in there room.
ZOOM THE CAMERA:- Not only can you adjust the lens of the cameras, you can as well zoom in / out for a better view. All this can be done 1000 feet away from your baby.
- High resolution 2.8″ color LCD screen
- Adjustable camera lens
- Digital transmission—2.4GHz frequency
- Split-screen viewing
- 2-way talk-back intercom
- Temperature sensor
- 1,000 Feet of Range
- DECT 6.0 Digital Technology (Encrypted & Secure)
- 8 infrared LEDs
- Soothing Lullabies
- Automatic Alert Capability
- Expandable (Up to 4 cameras total)
- Audio/Video transmission
- 6-level sound indicator
- Vibration sound alert on parent unit.
- Rechargeable battery
- Zoom the camera from the parent unit.
RELATED:- How Does a Baby Monitor Work
- Levana Ayden 3.5″ Digital Video Baby Monitor
In position 4 we have Levana Ayden 3.5″ Digital Video Baby Monitor. This is the second LEVANA baby monitor featured on this list. It has a night vision camera which enables you to monitor your child during dark nights without interrupting there sleep. You can easily set up without following instructions and have it work in a few minutes. It comes with only 1 camera but this can’t stop you from adding 3 more cameras because it is an expandable model juts like VTech VM321 baby monitor featured in position 4. When it comes to battery life, I think Levana Ayden ranks the best – its battery can last up to 48 hours while in voice-activated mode. Other models featured on this list can only last for 8 – 10 hours. In brief, let us go through a few essential features of this model and see if it is really worth your money.
3.5″ LCD SCREEN:- Babies grow up very fast and no parent should miss all those interesting moments your baby goes through while growing up. Ayden features a 3.5 inch LCD screen which shows you a crystal clear image of your child even when they’re 750ft away from you. If you feel the video monitoring feature is becoming to addictive, switch to an audio based mode.
THREE SOOTHING LULLABIES:- Babies love music, it makes them sleep comfortably and it relaxes there small developing brains. You can either sign to your kid using a Talk to Baby™ Two-Way Intercom or choose from 3 soothing lullabies and play soft music to your child 750ft away from them.
48 HOUR BATTERY LIFE IN PEEP MODE:- Now I get this right, the device can be set in PEEP mode which switches off the camera & video on your monitor thus saving more power – so you don’t have to recharge the device all the time. However, when the baby makes a ”peep”, the camera and the monitor will activate themselves so that you can see / hear what is going on.
PRIVATE CLEARVU® DIGITAL SIGNAL:- LEVANA AYDEN uses ClearVu® technology to deliver a crystal clear image & sound from up to 750ft away. Its network is fully secure and private – so you will ge not interference from other digital signals in your home.
- Smart LED Indicator Ring
- Invisible LED Night Vision:-
- Expandable up to 4 Cameras
- Talk to Baby™ Two-Way Intercom
- Gentle Nightlight (this can make your baby’s nursery more soothing & relaxing to your baby.)
- ClearVu® technology
- 750ft coverage
- PEEP mode (Power-on/off Energy Efficient Picture)
- 5″ Screen
- Temperature monitoring
- Quality video
- Quality audio
- Good battery life
- Good wireless range (750ft away – less that VTech VM321’s 1000 feet away)
- You can move/tilt the camera remotely using a parent unit
- You might find it difficult to switch on PEEP mode – instructions are not very clear on how to do this.
- Night vision works in the first few weeks and it latter dies
- LED ring light is too bright thus making it difficult for you to sleep
- LED shows only one color – that is blue (regardless of noise level) – It is quite disappointing because the color change function does not seem to function.
- VTech DM221 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor
In position 6, we have VTech DM221 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor. It is an affordable audio based monitor. It comes with one parent unit (which works as a monitor) and a baby unit (which works as an audio monitor). Since it bases on voice to deliver to way messages, its DECT 6.0 system ensures that you get crystal clear transmission – it eliminates all annoying noises.
So, Why would someone invest in an audio based monitor instead of a video monitor which gives you a clear preview of your baby while they’re in the nursery? – In my opinion, it is personal preference. Some people find video monitors very addictive and distractive. I know you will miss the all image preview part, but an audio based monitor is not addictive and distractive. They also cost less that video based monitors.
In brief, let us see what makes VTech DM221 Safe & Sound Digital Audio Baby Monitor worth your time & money.
RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES:- Vtech DM221 uses only 2 AAA rechargeable batteries. But in a single full charge, to you will use this device for 18 hours. Audio based monitors don’t consume too much power as video based baby monitors. These AAA rechargeable batteries should be bough separately because they don’t come with this device.
BELT CLIP ON PARENT UNIT:- You don’t have to hold your parent unit in your hands all the time. Go hands free with a belt-clip. Carry this unit up to 1000 feet away from your babies room. You can go to the garden or take care of other things at home as you listen to your baby. You can as well set the parent unit to beep if (1) the link between your unit & the baby’s unit is lost, (2) if the battery is low.
2-WAY TALK-BACK INTERCOM:- This is a very essential feature that every parent should look out for when shopping for a baby monitor. Why? Because all babies need that extra attention, it is not just a matter of feeding them; they also need to be entertained. Babies are new to this distractive world, so they find everything strange – you need to comfort your baby with a nice song or story. Talk back to then even when you’re 1000 feet away from them using a 2-way talk-back intercom feature.
5-LEVEL SOUND INDICATOR:- Your unit has graphic bars which indicate sound level in your baby’s room. If you set your unit in vibration mode, it will make a gentle vibration alert when your baby is fussing.
- Night light
- Backlit display on parent unit (you can easily read displayed data on the screen during the night)
- Vibrating sound alert
- Belt clip (makes the device portable and easy to use)
- Five level sound indicator (always know the noise level in your baby’s room)
- Rechargeable batteries (last up to 18 hours on a single charge)
- Talk back intercom system (Say Hello to your child / sign / read them a nice story)
- Up to 1,000 feet of range
- Secure Transmission
- DECT 6.0 digital technology
- Summer Infant In View Digital Color Video Baby Monitor
In position 7, we have Summer Infant In View Digital Color Video Baby Monitor. Of all video monitors I have featured on this list, this one has the largest LCD screen – 5.0 inches. This portable flat screen LCD parent unit will give you a clear view of your baby and it operate on 2.4Hz wireless digital technology so you can stay in touch with your baby while you’re 600-feet away from them. In terms of additional cameras, you have an opportunity of adding 3 more cameras – this will enable you stay in touch with a growing family. If you want to have a closer look at your baby, you can use the zoom in feature – this will increase on the resolution of the camera thus offer you with a better view. In brief, let us see what makes this model worth your money.
LARGE 5″ FLAT-SCREEN COLOR LCD:- I have already talked about this feature when introducing this product. The wide screen also features a zoom in feature which allows you to bring your babies captured picture closer for a detailed view. I’m quite disappointed in the total number of features found on this device because it seems to lack all essential features that you would expect to find in a video baby monitor. But the large screen gives it a competing age against other premium models featured on this list.
SOUND ACTIVATED LED LIGHTS:- When your baby makes a sound, led lights will be activated to alert you about your baby’s status.
SWIVEL CAMERA DESIGN:- When I compare the design of Summer Infant’s camera with other models featured here, I give Summer Infant a credit for a well designed camera. Its sleek design allows you to position the camera in any position of your choice. At the same time it comes with mounting hardware and security clips, so you can as well mount it on the wall.
ADJUSTABLE VOLUME & BRIGHTNESS:- You can easily adjust the volume of your unit to clearly listen to the sound made by your baby. The only problem with this monitor – is that you can’t talk back to them.
- Does not show room temperature
- Does not pan/tilt remotely
- Does not have a two-way communication system so you will not be in position to talk back to your baby remotely but you can listen to them and act accordingly.
- Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision
In position 8, we have Infant Optics DXR-5 2.4 GHz Digital Video Baby Monitor. On thing I like about this video monitor is its sleek design and color. The screen (2.4 TFT screen ) is not that big as that of Summer Infant (featured in position 7), however, its 2.4 TFT screen has a super sensitive built in microphone which you can use to talk back to your baby when they’re awake. In terms of coverage, Infant Optics DXR-5 covers 800 feet in an open area and 150ft in an enclose area. It is quite an average video monitor for your baby and it also comes at a very good price. You can stay in touch with your baby while attending to other tusks as home. I recommend this small video baby monitor to all busy mothers – because it has a video playback feature which you can use to replay captured images of your baby – in this case you won’t miss out on any details. In brief, let us look at some features which make Infant Optics DXR-5 worth your money.
-AUTOMATIC VOICE ACTIVATION POWER SAVING MODE:- Since these devices use power, it is very essential for you to opt for model which saves power because that will save you from charging it all the time. Infant Optics DXR-5 features an automatic voice activation power saving mode which shuts down the monitor automatically if there is no noise sensed for at least 3 minutes.
SECURE FHSS DATA ENCRYPTION:- When it comes to wifi data transmission, security & data encryption are key factors because hackers have tools which can hack into any wifi connection and tap into messages & videos being transmitted. That being the case, Infant Optics embedded a secure FHSS data encryption system which prevents third parties from diverting transmitted content to their devices, this makes you the only person who receives and forwards information to your baby.
PORTABLE MONITORING:- Unlike other bulky monitors on the market, this model is sleek and portable, you can move it it in the house as you attend to other tusks yet at the same time be in position to see what your baby is up to. DXR-5 features a long lasting battery (900mAh Li-on battery,) so you don’t have to charge it all the time. You can operate it with / without a power adapter.
WHITE NOISE ELIMINATOR:- DXR-5 uses a built-in audio shutoff mode which eliminates any white noise. This ensures that you always get crystal clear sound – saving you from guess work.
EXPANDABLE:- Not only is this device very easy to set up. You can as well add more monitoring cameras to get a clear view of your baby’s room. DXR-5 can support up to 4 camera units simultaneously. If you have more than 1 child, you can put a camera in each of their rooms and monitor them all using on parent unit. You can flip through video channels by clicking a button on your unit.
- Coverage is 800 feet in open space & 150ft in a closed area
- Night Vision
- 4″ Full-color TFT Screen with Infrared Night Vision
- White Noise Eliminator
- Voice Activated Power Saver Mode
- Expandable with Extra Camera Capacity (4 total camera units)
- 3 easy steps
- Secure FHSS Data Encryption
- Streaming Video Feed at 30 Frames per Second
- Defender 2.4″ Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision and Intercom, 22500
In position 9 we have; Defender 2.4″ Digital Video Baby Monitor – It also features a night vision technology which enables you to stay in touch & monitor your baby during dark nights. Babies fear dark nights and the possibility of getting into trouble during the night is high – so it is very essential for you to use a video monitor with this night vision capability. You can as will tilt the head of the camera remotely using your parent unit. Doing this will give you a clear picture of your baby’s room. The battery life of Defender 2.4 is quite good – the device has a 72 hour battery life span while in power save mode – so always remember to switch it to this mode when using VIDEO. The baby unit camera has invisible LEDs, so there will be no interruption.
In terms of coverage, it has 12ft night vision capability and 750ft range – data transmitted on the network is private and secure – you will be the only one viewing videos of your baby.
PUSH TO TALK TWO-WAY COMMUNICATION:- You can calm down your baby when they’re crying with a soothing song with this talk back feature. Sing to them remotely, read a nice story to them until they fall asleep. Sometimes babies need your attention. So give it to them while you’re 750ft away from them.
- Invisible LED Night Vision
- Expandable up to 4 Cameras
- Compact & Convenient Design
- LED Volume Indicator
- Easy Adjustable Wall Mount (Each camera can be adjusted 240° horizontally and 65° vertically)
- 72 Hour Battery Life in Power Save Mode
- ClearVu Digital Signal – 750ft away
- Digital Wireless Security Video Monitor
- Night vision
- Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor with Infrared Night
In position 10, we have Motorola MBP33 Wireless Video Baby Monitor. It is quite a well designed device with the ability to support more than just one camera. This 2.4GHz Digital Wireless baby monitor covers 200 meters (that is about 656 ft). If you’re in this range, you will be in position to recieve crystral clear pictures & video of your baby. For those who want to access data transmitted by this device over a wifi network, that might not be possible because this device uses a digital wireless technology which delivers data to a parent’s baby unit only. If you want to access data via your Iphone, I suggest you set up a webcam, however, with webcams, you can’t talk back to your baby when need arises and most of them can’t be used in darkness.
Motorola MBP33 has a dual voltage system 100-240V, 50 / 60Hz 300mA; Output: 5.9V, 1000mA. This means you can use it in any part of the world. Some video monitors can only operate under 100v, so if the area you leave in has 240V – look for a model which can operate with such a voltage.
- High quality video both at night and during the day.
- Sleek & nice design
- Can be paired with more than 1 camera – so it grows with your family.
- Zero interference (simply because it uses its own wireless connection system)
- Has an adjustable sound and its sound sensitivity is excellent (so you wont miss out on any warnings from your baby’s nursery.
- Accurate temperature sensor – you will always get alerts on any temperature change in your baby’s nursery / room.
- It has a very good battery life – though it might not last for day is you’re waiting lots of videos. So the best solution is to put it in a power saving mode and do more of sounds than videos.
- Chargers are multi-voltage so you can use it globally.
- You can tilt the camera to different angles using a parent unit. (This feature will enable you see if your baby is sleeping in the corner of the crib)
- Zoom function enables you to see a big & clear picture of your baby while they are 650 ft away from you. It actually brings them closer and you can talk back to them using a 2 way talk back communication system.
- The only video monitor in the market worth the money. You won’t be disappointed.
- 4GHz FHSS Technology with Two-Way Communication
- Color LCD Screen with Infrared Night Vision
- Five Lullabies Built In (Choose from any of these lullabies and play for your baby while they’re in there crib)
- Data Encryption for Security
- 5 LED Alerts for Sound-Activated Lights
- Room Temperature Monitor
- Up to 200M Range with “Out-of-Range” Warning
This marks the end of this detailed review on Best Baby Monitor – 2018. Keep on checking on this list for latest findings.