Best Philips Shavers
Philips Norelco 1280X/47 SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor Review – (Series 8000)
I was not a big fun of rotary shavers, but to a certain point, Philips rotary shavers got me thinking ”I had to open up and give them a try”, I don’t say this because I want you to own one Norelco for yourself, but basing on the popularity of Norelco shavers, there is something unique about them. Foils shaver users tend to be attached to what their skins are used too.
You know rotary shavers like this Philips Norelco 1280X/47 SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor shave in a circular form, the blades will move in a circular form, and that can irritate some of you. But when I read through customer reviews of this shaver, I noticed that men with sensitive skins use it too and they highly recommend this Philips Norelco 1280X/47, however, if you have been using foils shavers or safety razors for a while, your skin will take like a week to get used to the circular shaving mode, but once it gets used, you can enjoy a wet & dry comfortable shaving without worrying of any irritations. The design and features of this model are similar to Norelco 1290X/40, though 1290X/40 is a series (8800) and it’s price is a little bit higher than 1280X/47. change
- Wet and Dry shaver with a very good shape:- By default all Norelco shavers have a very good shape, so I will take that as an added advantage. On the other hand, you will also have an opportunity to switch shaving modes, for example, if you want wet shaving with this electric shaver, you just move the button and get a custom wet shave, though you have to leather up for better results. You can as well switch to dry shave option, that is if your skin is not sensitive.
- Stubble shave:- I guess most of you would like to leave on some beards, sometime a super clean shave might not look that sexy, so instead of using a beard trimmer, this Philips Norelco 1280X/47 (series 8000) has an attachment which can be used for stubble.
- Can’t Replace Battery:- This is a very good rotary electric shaver, but the only thing I hate about electric shavers is the failure to replace batteries. At first I thought this was a default feature in Panasonic shavers, but seems also Norelco’s have the same default. Even though the battery takes years to die, but you can put a guarantee on that, because accidents happen. Let’s if the shaver falls down and the battery gets damaged, the only option you will have is to buy a new shaver. I guess it’s the same case with Braun shavers, though I have to check their features and get to my conclusion very well. So, the only way you can keep your shaver’s batter safe is to put it in its potable case and to switch it off when it’s not in use, this will prolong the battery life.
- Philips Norelco 1250x/46 Sensotouch 3d Electric Shaver 8100 Review
- Philips Norelco 1280X/47 SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor Review – (Series 8000)
- Philips Norelco 1255xtr/45 Review
- Philips Norelco Speed Electric Razor Review
- It features a Cordless and Ergonomic Design which has a Built-In Trimmer for your side burn and mustache.
- Comes with an UltraTrack Shaving System.
- Use GyroFlex 3D Contouring shaving heads & Blades which will guarantee you with a clean close shave.
- The AquaTec Wet & Dry Technology will also improve on your shaving experience.
- Cleaning system which cleans the blades, lubricates them, dries them and keeps the shaver in good condition.
- It also has a Full Numeric Display which shows the status of the battery and performance of the shaver.
- Using a Jet Clean System: Philips Norelco 1280X/47 comes with an advanced jet clean system. Now, some of you might not know how and when to use this jet cleaning system. The jet clean system is used to charge / clean and lubricate the shaver. You can use it every time you shave, this will renew your shavers blades.
- Shave in Circular Motion:- By default all rotary shavers shave in a circular motion, so even when your shaving, you should follow the circular shaving mode. The best direction is the clockwise shaving direction; this will give you a clean smooth shave. The 3D contour system makes it flexible hence improving your shaving experience.
- Shaving Under your Nose with Philips Norelco 1280X/47:- This is a very tricky part to shave with an electric shaver, however, the heads of this Philips Norelco 1280X/47 have sharp narrow ends which make it easy to shave sharp / narrow areas. So, if you want to shave under your nose, you have to roll your lips inward, this will expose off that area under the nose very well, tilt the shaver so that the sharp end gets in touch with the area to be shaved.
- Charging Time and Battery Life:- I’m sure many of you are wondering how long can this new shaver get fully charged on the first day it gets delivered by Amazon?…According to its specs, this Norelco 1280X/47 will charge for 1 hour and this will give you 60 minutes (1 hour) of nonstop shaving.
- Voltage :- This shaver has can work with two voltages (110 / 220), so it does not matter where you are, just plug it in power, charge it full and enjoy a close shave. However, it will not work when plug in power directly, you have to wait for the battery to get full and then you unplug it because it’s a cordless shaver. This feature makes it a travel friendly shaver; at least you don’t have to be glued to one place to get a close shave.
- Travelers: – This is a high quality electric shavers, it’s not associated with any flammable factors, but I suggest you have a quick chat with Phillips Norelco to be sure of safety precautions. But jugging from its price and quality, I’m sure it can be traveled with. It even has a traveler case, and this is a good indication that Phillips designed with a travel option in mind.
- Charging Stand:- After ordering for this Philips Norelco 1280X/47 SensoTouch 3D Electric Razor, you will receive the following in your box; charging stand / protective cap to secure your shave’rs blades & head, power cord which you have to use to charge the shaver directly, Shaver 8000 / 8900, cleaning system, and a cleaning brush to help you clean the shaver after dry shaving.
- Is it worth to spend that extra dime on a charging dock:- Probably that will depend on your needs, but me as a user of electric shavers, I would embrace this accessory. A charging dock can do more than one function, it charges the shaver fully within 1 hour, lubricates the blades to ensure you always get a clean, smooth close shave, and it also cleans the shaver after wet / dry shaving. So, judging from what a charging dock can do, that extra dollar is worth spending.
- Made in Netherland:- Many buyers want to know where a shaver is manufactured from, In most cases this guarantees the quality of that electric shaver. Most Norelco’s are made in Netherland not China, though you might find that some parts are made from different countries.
- Battery Life Indicator:- In the picture you might not see the digital screen which reports the status of its batter, but when you power the shaver on, it will show you the level of the batter and at the same time predict how many shaves you can have with the available battery charge. You can read the manual after receiving the shaver, it will clearly explain everything.
- Shaving in the shower:- Many of you want ti shave while in the shower, this advanced Norelco shaver is a wet & dry shaving machine, that means, It’s water resistant, so you don’t have to get scared of running water in the shower. Just lather up your beards or any other area to be shaved, switch on the shaver, opt for the wet shaving mode and start grooming yourself.
- How to get a close shave with a Norelco Shaver? – If you have this question in mind, you have to be a new user of Norelco shavers. Now this particular model and other Norelco, shave in a circular form, so the best way of getting a close shave with this Philips Norelco 1280X/47 is to move the shaver in different directions, this will ensure that each and every area is covered. On the other hand, this particular model has Ultra Track heads which cover 50% more skin surface than most rotary shavers; this means you will get better results within 3 – 5 minutes.
- Shaving your head with Philips Norelco 1280X/47 :- If you have been wondering whether you can shave your head with this razor, the fact us that, it’s entirely possible to have a good head shave with this Philips Norelco 1280X/47. However, for better results, you should trim your hair first, so that it becomes a little bit shorter, because rotary shavers are not so good when it comes to shaving thick & course hair.
- When to change shaving heads:- By default these heads will last for 12 months, that is a full year of clean & comfortable shaving, if you forget to change them, an indicator will illuminate to notify you that heads & blades need changing.
- Best Norelco Shaver for Thick & Course hair:- Not every rotary shaver can do well when it comes to shaving thick course hair / beards, however, this 3D Norelco 1280X/47 shaver has very sharp blades and a fast motor, so it will pass through any thick beard with ease. However, you might need to make more than one pass to get a real close shave.
You might need to leave some beards on, that means, a beard styler will be of good use to you.
Simply attach the styler and shape your beard. It is very easy to use and the precision trimmer will give you the best stubble.